Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

CD Projekt's CYBERPUNK 2077 Release Thread - Concerned For The Consoles

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Sam Ecorners, Dec 10, 2020.

1. deama Liturgist

deama
    They pushed it in the beginning, but around middle of this year changed their tone, but was kinda too late for that.

^ Top  
  2. Gargaune Savant

Gargaune
    Damn, guess I'll stick with 1.04 for now. I really hate it when devs just chuck shit like that in there instead of providing some Options entries. What's the point, anyway? Culling visual effects like that should give the GPU extra breathing room, but I was under the impression most of these console bugs seemed more like the CPU or RAM choking, didn't they?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. moon knight Matt7895's alt

moon knight
    https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/

:balance:

• Balanced x 7
    • Brofist x 1
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Just a fun fact from a fan of pre-decline American music - Peggy Lee wrote this song a couple of years after her divorce with her first husband who was himself a guitarist. They had left Benny Goodman's orchestra in order to marry, because Benny was against mixing personal relations with work.

I wonder the same thing, but it may be down to streaming from the hard drive. Both base consoles have 8GB RAM but there is certainly caching and transfer on/from the HDD.

As for switching versions, didn't someone complain that the 1.04 version is taken off from GOG now even for manual installing? On Steam, everything is already cleared out, you can't choose versions in the dropdown :lol:

I can see the point in putting underwear on NPCs - after all people usually have underwear - but pasties on strippers is tasteless and the worst of both worlds. I remember all the talk about being a mature game, and what - in the cutscene where V is sitting down in the bathroom, he is wearing pants under the shower. You'd think he has served in the Turkish military.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Poor Josh has repented, give him work already!

• Balanced Balanced x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Agame Arcane Patron

Agame
    Insert Title Here
    +% skills and items are boring? SHOCKING.

Good thing we have Mr. Balance to rescue us.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Balanced Balanced x 3
    ^ Top  
  7. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    Sawyer is one of those rare people in life that if he says things you agree with you immediately want to disagree with just because you cannot stand the thought of tarnishing your soul by saying, "I agree with Josh Sawyer."

So no, CP2077 is fine. It's perfect. I HATE you, Josh Sawyer.

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Balanced Balanced x 3
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Morii Savant

Morii

:mixedemotions:

• Funny x 5
    • incline x 3
    • honk honk! x 2
    • Yes x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Correct_Carlo Arcane

Correct_Carlo
    I recall people taking the delay pretty well, but maybe I'm not hanging out in the right places.

^ Top  
  10. catchaser Educated

catchaser
    That's simply untrue. I can recall plenty of alternate routes i found either by exploration or hacking. In one side mission i walked above the entire area via hidden path and found a hand placed epic rifle. In a certain shady ripperdoc clinic you can hack open a door which (unsurprisingly) leads to a scavengers den. Also, there are many doors which provide shortcuts if you pass a skill check. Some window shutters can be hacked to provide shortcuts, for example you don't have to persuade your way to see Fingers. You can just open a window from the outside and jump your way in. There's multiple ways to enter the Clouds brothel VIP area. That's just from the top of my head, and I'm not even halfway through the game.

Also, non-lethal weapons are required in cyberpsycho gigs, some missions have a different outcome if you don't kill your target (the killer cop gig for example).

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  11. gurugeorge Arcane

gurugeorge
    It seems to be available, I'm installing 1.04 right now from Galaxy. Haven't played it yet though so I don't know if there will be some roadblock or something.

Go to the icon with the two sliders to the right of the play button at the top -> manage installation -> configure -> remove tick for "update automatically" and the older versions appear.

(I'm downgrading because I want to play around with the console.)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Gargaune Savant

Gargaune
    GOG usually updates mainline offline installers to the latest builds as soon as they're available and they add delta patches for people who already have the game installed, that's standard practice.

I'm still on 1.04, I've downloaded the 1.05 patch but haven't applied it yet. I've still got the 1.03 initial setup and the patches on an external drive, I tend to do that with GOG games, even got a 1.3 version of Beamdog's BG EE still kicking around. Anyway, I haven't played the game in a few days, fat chance this thing's gonna get between me and my fifth Deus Ex replay.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    CDProjekt RED more like CDProjekt in the RED

• Creative Creative x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Slam dunk! Slam dunk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Fenix Arcane Vatnik

Fenix
    So V feeling like his penis penetrates his vagina? Yeah, totally not a reference to Sens8 and not a try to make character/player homosexual/tpap.

^ Top  
  15. Fenix Arcane Vatnik

Fenix
    I think it's what DLC will be about.

^ Top  
  16. Fenix Arcane Vatnik

Fenix
    WHAT
    THE
    FUCK
    :lol:

• Funny Funny x 4
    ^ Top  
  17. Semiurge Arbiter

Semiurge
    Even if someone had suggested this, there's always some suit who'll sink the idea for being too ambitious. They are risk averse, and whatever the average console owner doesn't "get", won't be in.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Welp, if true then it's up to the intrepid modder to restore the t&a. A man's job, sir.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. racofer Thread Incliner

racofer
    And soon CD Projekt REKT

• nice nice x 3
    • incline incline x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Agree with everything else you said but cyberpsychos automatically don't die, you can shoot them with whatever.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik

Hóngwèibīng
    Bug or intended?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Old Hans Cipher

Old Hans
    cdprojekt just doesnt seem to have the chops to pull it off. Witcher 3 was the same way. outside of the story beats the game world was just static and boring. they're good at creating a superficial illusion of NPCS doing things, as long as you dont stick around for more than 5 seconds

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. gurugeorge Arcane

gurugeorge
    I killed one by accident, with a supposedly non-lethal blunt weapon. Magic nog kween was upset.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. oneself Arcane Shitposter

oneself
    A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
    GAME EVOKED FEELINGS IN ME. I HATE FEELINGS. 0/10.

• Funny Funny x 6
    ^ Top  
  24. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Maybe if you hit them after they're down? I have defeated a dozen of them with a standard revolver and shotgun and they have never died.

^ Top  
  25. gurugeorge Arcane

gurugeorge
    Sense8 is awful degenerate horseshit, and I agree that in these sorts of contexts the concept of orgasm sharing is being used in subtle attempt to normalize faggotry and lesbianism; but in and of itself, the concept of sharing orgasms with a loved one via technology isn't degenerate, it would definitely be on my to-do list if the tech was there, if I was married, and if I wasn't 61. :)

That's the subtlety of most (((subversion))) - it hooks you with things that aren't necessarily all that awful, things that might just be interesting and debatable, things you might even agree with, but uses those as the Motte in the Motte & Bailey rhetorical tactic. Another typical example would be, "Why are you against speshul pronouns, don't you want to be polite to people?" The plausible, reasonable, or interesting definition of a term is fallen back on as justification if the more outré definition is suspected or questioned. A variant of bait and switch, or persuasive redefinition.

Or again (such as in my case) you have someone for whom family life wasn't the best, and one is subtly encouraged to believe that all families are tainted in the same way; or one has bad experiences with authority and one is led to believe that the entirety of Western civ is tainted.

That's generally how it works, that's how outliers in society are inveigled into going with the program and become the footsoldiers of the enemy.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.