Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The leveled loot and the crafting system are both absolutely unneeded. They could easily balance the loot around items without tier lists but I guess the looter shooter crowd love their epics and legendaries. Imagine how much cleaner everything would be if there were still "iconic" weapon mods to look out for but not item tiers. If loot won't be tuned in the following updates or user mods, at the very least low level items should be upgraded to YOUR level immediately via the upgrade interface instead of leveling them up one by one.
That was only done in order to economize resources by not having to develop a different items and crafting systems for the Cyberpunk MMO. I can imagine how management congratulated themselves at being so smart and killing two birds with one stone. Disgusting. Corpothieves must die.

snoek

Cipher
Speaking of cyberware, do the legendary variants have unique looks? Thinking of the gorilla arms in particular since they basically replace the look of your whole hands.
maybe a different color/shading effect? doubt it however..
If you equip your mantis blades and go into photo mode you see your character holding a pistol so that's something else that was cut ..

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
the dialogue system in cp77 doesn't compare to this:

91700_screenshots_2012-11-24_00001.jpg

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
anybody else getting worse performance and graphics with 1.05 update?

these polish morons cant seem to win lol.

I'm getting MUCH more LOD texture pop-in now in patch 1.05, in 1.04 and before, i got nothing, perfect graphics, now it seems the graphcis have been downgraded aswell lol

oh yea and the game runes worse, like 10-15 fps hit.

thanks.cdpr!

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Heh, found out you can actually miss Keanu moments if you do the mainquest in the "wrong" order.
Doing the "Ghost Town" chain first means you don't know Johnny's inside well enough, so his Arasaka tantrum is cut short, lacking dialog options to continue.
If you do the "Automatic Love" one first, that cutscene will play after that one instead, but since you know him better now, it will be much longer. And if you then play the "Ghost Town" one, you get a bro moment after it instead. :obviously:
While that makes sense, there is no way of knowing it before, it's still a shitty dev decision, since most people won't even play the game again, leading to even less content for them.
Sad.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I'm getting MUCH more LOD texture pop-in now in patch 1.05, in 1.04 and before, i got nothing, perfect graphics, now it seems the graphcis have been downgraded aswell lol

thanks.cdpr!
Look at DalekFlay's findings. CDPR is giving us an opportunity to commiserate with console players by letting us play the updates meant for PS4 on PC.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Heh, found out you can actually miss Keanu moments if you do the mainquest in the "wrong" order.
Doing the "Ghost Town" chain first means you don't know Johnny's inside well enough, so his Arasaka tantrum is cut short, lacking dialog options to continue.
If you do the "Automatic Love" one first, that cutscene will play after that one instead, but since you know him better now, it will be much longer. And if you then play the "Ghost Town" one, you get a bro moment after it instead. :obviously:
While that makes sense, there is no way of knowing it before, it's still a shitty dev decision, since most people won't even play the game again, leading to even less content for them.
Sad.
Lol, that's exactly the order I'm playing them in.

Danikas

Arcane

thanks.cdpr!
They fucked something up with texture streaming there is one area in watson that doesent load textures at all im standing on top off low res tex and its not loading I would return to patch 1.04 but im 40h into the game and old saves dont work so Im shelving the game till those tards unfuck it see ya in a year.

MUH IMMERSUN, look at this shit fucking tards If I knew I would never touch that patch.
cyberpunk2077screensh1zkft.png

cyberpunk2077screenshq1kkm.png

cyberpunk2077screensh18j8o.png

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Speaking of cyberware, do the legendary variants have unique looks? Thinking of the gorilla arms in particular since they basically replace the look of your whole hands.
Not for me. Even if, since you slap an electric/thermal mod on them, you wouldn't even see any difference.
Gorilla arms suck anyway. They don't help opening doors, nor do they help with boxing matches.
Sneak into the cyberpsycho mission, klep the leg mantis blades and forget about the others.
My disappointment after finding and using the leg monoblade knew no bounds.
Sad

Learned
That was only done in order to economize resources by not having to develop a different items and crafting systems for the Cyberpunk MMO. I can imagine how management congratulated themselves at being so smart and killing two birds with one stone. Disgusting. Corpothieves must die.

"It's fun with friends. Do you hate fun or something? Or maybe you don't have any friends."

:hmmm:

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
It fucking requires you to grind crafting to like 13 tho so enjoy making and decomposing green tech sniper rifles for an hour.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Hm, are you by any chance also think that making games about WWII is - no ethics?
Or it is just big smoking pile of hypocrisy?

Gibson made the book entirely to cash in on something recent in order to maintain relevance. He was increasingly becoming irrelevant at the time and was trying to throw aside his "Cyberpunk" fame so he used 9/11 to be controversial but the book wasn't successful compared to his sprawl and bridge works. Gibson has been trying to declare Cyberpunk as dead for decades because he wants to move on from it that's why he's so petty and shallow about it.

On my own personal efforts I believe that Fictional stories that run along some historical context should have a catch that warrants their depiction as being potentially wrong (because we're gonna screw something up no matter what we do). That any fictional works we make are already flawed because we are not re-creationists and thus cannot do it better we do not exist in our efforts to indulge heavily into the subject matter and so we make an abstraction which most of the time has flaws or is just outright wrong. But in my games I'm allowed to be wrong because they don't exist in history but are trying to understand history and the characters in my world are possibly getting it wrong because of lost knowledge, anything that does exist in history can be built as a community so that it is a discussion and debate can occur rather than dictation like we see too often from creators. (Assassins Creed for example) The point I make is that its probably wrong to focus too heavily on a recent tragedy for the sake of profits. Yes you can give a personal account of that tragedy if you were a victim of it but if you're just someone observing it then you should ideally wait a bit for the dust to settle first!

Last edited:

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
I'm going to say it - Cyberpunk 2077 is the best game I've ever played.

Despite the obvious shortcomings, I really think it is. Now I know I'm at risk of losing credibility with this statement as it's almost like some of the blind hate in reverse, but I'll explain my position.

Yes, the shortcomings are there for all to see and we all hope the bugs are slowly fixed with patches. However, looking past this it's the first game I've played where I feel truly immersed. I know this is the opposite of how some people feel with the lack of interaction, but I see it differently. In real life I can explore a new city and enjoy taking in fresh surroundings. I don't actually need to walk in to each shop, bar and restaurant to enjoy exploring. Cyberpunk feels the same. And I haven't played a game before where I've felt this type of immersion. I haven't played a game where it's enjoyable to walk down a street taking it all in. I even use my controller to walk at a slower pace sometimes and I'm yet to use fast travel.

Now as a disclaimer I have a 3090 and I'm playing with maximum settings at 1440p. I think if I were on a last gen console I may feel differently. This does make me wonder how many players are really missing out on how the game is supposed to look.

Aside from immersion I'm enjoying all other aspects of the game. The story is excellent. The combat is great and the RPG elements are great. Because I'm enjoying it so much I wanted to wait before posting anything like this as to make sure it wasn't just the novelty effect of a new game. But after a week and nearly 50hrs, I still look forward to playing it with the same excitement.

Many other single player experience games the novelty has worn off a lot sooner and I tend to have to persevere to complete them.

I might be a little biased as a scfi dystopian theme game will always draw me in more than say a wild west theme of Red Dead. I loved Deus Ex for example.

After reading so much negativity elsewhere I really wanted to post my thoughts.

Have fun chooms!

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Gibson has been trying to declare Cyberpunk as dead for decades

Surprisingly enough, I'm with Gibsonon that matter lol, as I stated previously.
Also I still don't understand hwo you can make a GAME from WWII, but you can't from 9/11 (let's put aside that it was hoax as peoplestill died).

GewuerzKahn

Savant
Sad.
I guess Cyberpunk is a RPG after all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom