Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Also I still don't understand hwo you can make a GAME from WWII, but you can't from 9/11 (let's put aside that it was hoax as peoplestill died).
You can the problem is that its in poor taste when something bad happens and your immediate thought is "how to I make money from this" which is exactly what Gibson did and he even admits it when talking about why the story changed.
I would've been fine if he'd just kept it alternate reality where 9/11 never happened like he was originally going to. There was no reason to change the story he just did it so he could complain about it in his book like he does with Twitter now because he started using his novels as just an over glorified blogpost and I get the impression he still does.

If we look at Deus Ex it depicted a terrorist attack but didn't change its vision because a political event occurred recently. In the modern times they most assuredly would've changed this post release and we would've been worse for it.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
What bothers me the most after playing the game, is how detached the mainquest feels from the game world, especially the city itself. After the montage and the heist, you spent most of the time in the wasteland, Johnny flashbacks or cyberspace.
On top of that come the hidden timers for sidequests to continue. But since there is no reason to go home and sleep, most players probably didn't even see half of them before beating the mainquest.
Doing gigs feels so tacked on most of the time as well. They are just like dungeons in Skyrim: 2 lines of dialog, a bunch of enemies and a boss chest. And you are done. Standard 15 min console game content.
The different gangs also play no role in it after all that hype. I expected the game to be more like Saints Row in that aspect at least. Nope, nuzzink.

There is also no reason to replay the mainquest at all after you seen it once.
But if you don't do it, most of the sidequests won't trigger or continue, so you are forced to do it. :argh:
So it's basically: "play the mainquest until the point of no return, then forget about it and start playing the game."
Or finish it and hope your game does not bug out and lets you continue after the credits. :hahano:

Bottomline: it's a yuge disappointment of mismanagement, false promises and massive amounts of unfinished/abandoned things.
No man's sky, Cyberpunk edition.
Sad.

So, since new 1.05 hotfix came out, I thought I'd boot it up again to play all the sidequests I missed. Started with "Red Sage" (?), the one with Swedenborg... and the new patch broke it :lol:

Dexter

Arcane
This city needs a monorail or some public transport shit running above streets to make it look more busy/different. Its beautiful but it lacks that technological edge to be truly cyberpunk-y but I'm not an expert :P

Or AV traffic above streets.

On both pics I posted, you can see flying vehicles. Some of them fly very low and are easily seen while you drive around town. What's true is that they never land. The Trauma Team vehicles that you see sometimes on the ground never take off, they just despawn after a while.

-I don't know anything about the source material but I can't believe there's no cyberware for boosting your movement speed.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Hmmmm Bill, PC playrs are complaining, but the ONLY fucking thing they like right now, keeping them playing, are the graphics... we got patch 1.05 coming up, what u wanna do?

Let's tank performance, and downgrade graphics....that will surely sit well with our PC crowd, I believe. Having had such a stellar launch. Its safe to say, people are quite chill.

BRILLIANT, Bill !

Robber Baron

Savant
Hmmmm Bill, PC playrs are complaining, but the ONLY fucking thing they like right now, keeping them playing, are the graphics... we got patch 1.05 coming up, what u wanna do?
Let's tank performance, and downgrade graphics....that will surely sit well with our PC crowd, I believe. Having had such a stellar launch. Its safe to say, people are quite chill.
BRILLIANT, Bill !

4r60ek-1.jpg

Danikas

Arcane

BRILLIANT, Bill !
Right? Wallpaper simulator was fun but now they killed it for me with this fucking texture streaming :lol:

Dexter

Arcane
lol @ ppl itt who've been defending this pos for weeks suddenly going "OH NO, EVERYONE WAS TELLING ME THIS IS A BUGGY BROKEN PIECE OF SHIT, BUT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN TO OTHER PEOPLE, WHY IS IT AFFECTING MEEE NOW?!? NO, THEY CAN'T DO THIS, REEEEEEEE" :lol:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A couple of immersion breakers:

- Already mentioned, I think: The cop sidequests and gigs. The cop-lady keeps on giving jobs to a street hustler she doesn't quite know, this is just stupid.

- The clothes in ghetto thriftstores may cost more than the designer pieces in vogue boutiques at the center of the corpo area. Furthermore, level scaling armour doesn't really work in this game: a strewn T-shirt that "looks like it's dug from a dumpster" has a much better armour value than a Arasaka tactical vest.

Yosharian

Arcane

- Already mentioned, I think: The cop sidequests and gigs. The cop-lady keeps on giving jobs to a street hustler she doesn't quite know, this is just stupid.

- The clothes in ghetto thriftstores may cost more than the designer pieces in vogue boutiques at the center of the corpo area. Furthermore, level scaling armour doesn't really work in this game: a strewn T-shirt that "looks like it's dug from a dumpster" has a much better armour value than a Arasaka tactical vest.
Dude hardly anything in this game makes sense.

It really annoyed me the way fixers introduce themselves arbitrarily when you waltz into their districts. How the fuck does that make any sense.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm going to say it - Cyberpunk 2077 is the best game I've ever played.
The best interactive movie, that's up to personal taste, but the best game? Battle Brothers is closer to my understanding of the best game - infinite replayability, addictive loop, stripped of elements that detract from gameplay, manages uncertainty well - light gambling elements. It can still be savescummed, but that's as always the player's decision.

t's the first game I've played where I feel truly immersed
I've never felt more immersed in my character's feelings than when getting hit with an axe in Battle Brothers and being left injured at 5HP. It was as if I got hit. Same with me beheading some armored up knight too.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

It really annoyed me the way fixers introduce themselves arbitrarily when you waltz into their districts. How the fuck does that make any sense.
It made economic sense for the devs in the last two weeks of November :lol:

Robber Baron

Savant

>Ehm. Mister Fixer, our radars are detecting another faggot in the vicinity of our district.
>ring~ring. Mushi mushi? Heeeellooo faggot!

Child of Malkav

Erudite
This loot system reminds me of The Outer Worlds.
You have the same weapons, ranged and melee, and they go through various, increasing tiers. TOW also had this problem but instead of Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary ranks, it had Mk.1, Mk.2, Mk.3 etc.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Well fixers harrassing calling you makes a bit more sense that the copper, given that you're connected to the local net anyways, and perhaps they sense potential profitable deals. Then again, would have been nice to have a separate decker character class, now everyone's a hacker, no matter the background.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
For giggles I just went through the Panam part of the questline in my head, and realized what horribly written interactive cutscene/railshooter it was, so ima share that with y'all.
No need to even put "Ghost Town" in spoilers, because nothing happens. :hahano:

Ride on the passenger seat for 15 mins.
Walk behind Panam for 5 mins so player can stare at her ASSet.
Press F to pick up crate.
Walk back (staring optional).
Press F to put crate in trunk.
Enter passenger seat again, ride 5 mins.
Press F to start power.
Press F to connect 1st cable.
Press F to connect 2nd cable.
Press F to wait.
Wait for Panam to tell you, then... press F.
Shoot 5 guys. Finally some action.
Press F to enter car, 5 mins ride.
Shoot 6 guys.
Press F to enter car. 5 mins ride.
Press F to exit car, watch Panam talking.
Follow dat ass again.
Press F to drink beer.
Press F to sleep.
There was of course a lot of linear talking to fill time, but that's pretty much it. Not making this up.

Her next mission is basically the same gameplay, plus Star Trek: Discovery makes-no-sense writing quality on top.
Come to think of it, Panam IS an angry irritating version of Micheal Burn'em the writer had a far to big hard on for. It's "The badass Panam Show" and the player just tags along to carry boxes. :hahano:

Last edited:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
I don't know if someone already mentioned, but this is more or less confirmed now:

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2020-...mount-of-items-to-avoid-corrupting-save-files

In the latest of a long litany of issues, reports are now coming in that Cyberpunk 2077 save files are becoming permanently corrupted for players if they exceed 8MB in size.

Though initially reported as affecting games across all platforms, some now suggest it's just a PC issue. However, without confirmation from developer CD Projekt Red either way, players have been advised to "keep a lower amount of items and crafting materials".

In a response posted on the GOG website, CDPR has confirmed that once corrupted, there's no way to recover the save, so it recommends you keep "a lower amount of items and crafting materials".

"Unfortunately the save is damaged and can't be recovered. Please use an older save file to continue playing and try to keep a lower amount of items and crafting materials," the message said.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom