Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Perkel

Arcane
OST for this game is fucking outstanding. Especially Refused song here which even has ingame lore that this was the last song from Samurai before Johny went and blow up Arasaka HQ, basically talking black dog as his psyche that steers him. In string of fate he became actual black dog in V head and despite being used in different context is fits perfectly too.

There are so many themes strings cut across game that is hard to even start to talk about them. And not just in "this is cyberpunk so we talk shit about cyberpunk".

"I'm on stage and almost can't breathe. I'm so damn full of... hatred. Then I let it all out into a mic. And I realize it didn't help. I don't feel any better."

Last edited:

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
reports are now coming in that Cyberpunk 2077 save files are becoming permanently corrupted for players if they exceed 8MB in size

So they're using an older array method. If they went with a dynamically allocating array type like a vector this could expand beyond 8MB no problem.
Of course a better idea would be to simply not have such terrible itemisation and give the player a reason to continue using the same weapon through the entire game. A lot of players myself included tended to hoard their loot thinking it might come in handy later and then we just never sold it because eh forgot! Gotta say though if you exceeded 8MB on an array that's pretty impressive since all the game would be tracking is an ID for each item and possibly the mods you had installed so overall not all that heavy but the loot model they used was a recipe for disaster.
Their game design is the problem not the limitation of arrays lol.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Is there any reason why food texture is so horrible in every damm game? Jesus christ, food looks like a cardboard.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The missions try to be Deux Ex but there's no multiple paths tied to skills, it's basically "kill everyone" or "sneak around". Your l33t hacking skills and cyberware don't open new paths, just help you sneak or shoot everyone.
That's simply untrue. I can recall plenty of alternate routes i found either by exploration or hacking. In one side mission i walked above the entire area via hidden path and found a hand placed epic rifle. In a certain shady ripperdoc clinic you can hack open a door which (unsurprisingly) leads to a scavengers den. Also, there are many doors which provide shortcuts if you pass a skill check. Some window shutters can be hacked to provide shortcuts, for example you don't have to persuade your way to see Fingers. You can just open a window from the outside and jump your way in. There's multiple ways to enter the Clouds brothel VIP area.
These "multiple ways" are all like 5m from each other, don't change the story/rewards in absolutely anything and only check Body or Technical Ability, without requiring any consumables, skills or augs. Multiple paths is what Deus Ex offers, not deciding if you'll enter a small room by the door or the window right next to it, especially when the game doesn't react at all to that choice.

It reminds me of Deux Ex: Invisible War, when the PS2 couldn't load large areas so every navigational puzzle was "use multitool to unlock door OR crawl in the air vent right besides the door". Also, note that all your examples are from side-quests. The main missions are all extremely rail-roaded, every player will play the same except some will go stealth and others will shoot everyone.

The only main quest that I remember having real multiple paths was the setup for the Arasaka parade, where you need to enter the compound. You can go guns blazing, stealth OR steal an Arasaka truck. But the game is so broken and lazy that there's literally endless trucks entering the compound one after another, you can hijack them right in front of the guards with no consequence (not even the police will come) AND the game bugs out once you enter the truck, making all guards permanently friendly even as you invade restricted access areas and the alarms go off.

This game is a mess, the more I think about it the more disappointed I get.

It really annoyed me the way fixers introduce themselves arbitrarily when you waltz into their districts. How the fuck does that make any sense.
Forget giving you quests, why the fuck are local gang leaders spamming your inbox with used car offers?

Game should at least have the dignity of a per-faction/fixer reputation system... I never did quests for Regina but she keeps calling me every 5 seconds saying I'm amazing and that she has a new job for me. Or an used car.

just

Liturgist
theres no option to decline soy chili
fuck jackie, river is the real bro saving you from eating xenoestrogens
id rather kiss him on that tower than go back to eat that shit

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there any reason why food texture is so horrible in every damm game? Jesus christ, food looks like a cardboard.
I guess it really depends what kind of cuisine devs are familiar enough with. For example, potatoes are rather well rendered in this game.

Perkel

Arcane

Lol, allegedly, the "modesty patch" which was actually "not a bug" but "artistic intent" happend because Walmart refuses to seel Adult Only-rated materials. Clowns.

Not just wallmart, most of big store chains don't sell AO games, same with PSN and MS Store. I still don't know how they did push it past censors because American censors are nuts about full frontal. European ones mostly about penetration.

just

Liturgist
god damn it americans ruined my creep playthrough no more secret pussy shots aaa
hope it's good enough reason for gog refund

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
god damn it americans ruined my creep playthrough no more secret pussy shots aaa
hope it's good enough reason for gog refund
What do you know? Curiosity drives humanty forward. Or at least drives humanity's dicks forward.

Not just wallmart, most of big store chains don't sell AO games, same with PSN and MS Store. I still don't know how they did push it past censors because American censors are nuts about full frontal. European ones mostly about penetration.

American Puritanism lmao. You can have a executions, dismemberment and flying gibs casually around at 5pm, but show a glimpse of a teat during Superbowl and the entire country goes nuts.

Robber Baron

Savant
Guess they only bothered to censor the pedestrians(which makes sense anyway) because that scene during the memory dive with you know who still had nudity even on 1.05
Or maybe they forgot about it. Don't remind them.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Guess they only bothered to censor the pedestrians(which makes sense anyway) because that scene during the memory dive with you know who still had nudity even on 1.05
Or maybe they forgot about it. Don't remind them.
The stripper in the booth where you go with Evelyn now has pasties on the boobs.

I'm like 99% sure it didn't have them in v1.02

If they were added this would be hilarious because it's a "modesty patch" where they add an S&M thing in order to "hide" nudity, because apparently S&M clothing is less-"mature content" than lack of clothing :lol:

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Braindance is the coolest thing this game has done, but as far as I've seen, it's criminally underused. Imagine if a bunch of the shitty, generic, "kill everyone in a warehouse," side quests were solving mysteries using Braindance tech. That would have been awesome.

They've made a whole game essentially based on it. 'Curse of the Obra Dinn'.

Robber Baron

Savant
The stripper in the booth where you go with Evelyn now has pasties on the boobs.
If they were added this would be hilarious because it's a "modesty patch" where they add an S&M thing in order to "hide" nudity, because apparently S&M clothing is less-"mature content" than lack of clothing

I don't remember any nudity on 1.03. Only the patched upskirt and the nude girl in the bathtube come to mind.

Seethe

Arbiter

They should rip a page out of CAPCOM's (cooking) book

20190711_061424.jpg

41_3_1.jpg

Last edited:

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

If they were added this would be hilarious because it's a "modesty patch" where they add an S&M thing in order to "hide" nudity, because apparently S&M clothing is less-"mature content" than lack of clothing :lol:
You mean that hologram stripper? She always had pasties (regardless of patch or censorship setting)... Unless my game bugged out back when I started it first or something.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
OST for this game is fucking outstanding. Especially Refused song here which even has ingame lore that this was the last song from Samurai before Johny went and blow up Arasaka HQ, basically talking black dog as his psyche that steers him. In string of fate he became actual black dog in V head and despite being used in different context is fits perfectly too.

There are so many themes strings cut across game that is hard to even start to talk about them. And not just in "this is cyberpunk so we talk shit about cyberpunk".

"I'm on stage and almost can't breathe. I'm so damn full of... hatred. Then I let it all out into a mic. And I realize it didn't help. I don't feel any better."

The music in 2077 really is great, but Refused was a fucking awful choice for Samurai. I can't stand the screamo shit for the most part and they're clearly not native speakers. I just don't buy them as this super revolutionary american rock band.

Hellion

Arcane
Alt Cunningham was also pretty much nude from the waist down and didn't keep anything hidden during Johnny's "Never Fade Away" story flashback. Don't know if they patched that or not.

PS.

https://www.kitguru.net/desktop-pc/...nues-to-top-steam-charts-despite-controversy/

Cyberpunk 2077 continues to top Steam charts despite controversy

Prior to its launch, Cyberpunk 2077 was one of the most anticipated games of 2020. This was reflected in its Steam charts placement, which saw the game topping the charts weeks prior to its launch. As is now clear however, the game released in a less than polished state. Despite this, the game continues to top the Steam sales charts, with this week marking its 5th week at the top.

Each week, Steam publishes its weekly best selling titles by revenue. For the 5th week in a row (ending on the 20th of December 2020), Cyberpunk 2077 has topped the charts. While there are currently no major new releases to compete with the game, its position may surprise some, especially due to the current condition of the game.

While PC players have had a much smoother time with the game, Cyberpunk 2077 launched in a problematic state on all platforms, with a litany of bugs, glitches and broken promises across every street corner of Night City. While not applicable to PC, the game has received such wide reaching backlash as to see Sony and Microsoft offer refunds for the game, with PlayStation even delisting the game from its digital store. Again, while the same action has not been taken on PC, the narrative surrounding the game’s release has been less than stellar.

It is therefore surprising to see Cyberpunk 2077 at the top of the charts. That being said, with new reports of bugs and other problems being received daily, it’ll be interesting to see whether Cyberpunk 2077 will maintain its current position next week.

"10-20 million owners" according to SteamSpy. If we also count GoG players... It's not doing that bad on PC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom