Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

CD Projekt's CYBERPUNK 2077 Release Thread - Concerned For The Consoles

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Sam Ecorners, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Bad Sector Arcane Patron

Bad Sector
    Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
    It wasn't my first choice TBH (my first choice was
    Show Spoiler
    going with the nomads because it felt like a better idea to make matters in my hand
    since that is basically how played most of the game) though
    Show Spoiler
    in the long run all endings end up similarly with you waiting to die at some point down the line -with the exception of the suicide ending of course- which i guess lives some room for DLC
    ).

As for the Arasaka ending i actually didn't found it stupid (it was my next choice) because
    Show Spoiler
    it makes the most sense that since they made the biochip and have its inventor available right there, they'd be in the best position to fix my case - the only issue was if they'd do that and it all relied on if you trusted Hanako or not, but the way the game presents Arasaka and Takemura, they never really lie to you... which ends up being the case in the ending too, they did kept their promise and try to fix you you after all

Johnny, Misty, etc told you it is a stupid choice, but they have beef with Arasaka, however that is because
    Show Spoiler
    of Jackie's death for Misty, which only happened because of the heist and not because someone from Arasaka woke up and killed Jackie for no reason -if anything V and Jackie killed way more Arasaka men during the heist- and because of Alt's abduction for Johhny, but V has done similar, if not worse, things during the game for fixers
    . And besides, when Johhny says that pretty much everything is a stupid choice during the entire game, he loses a bit of credibility for me :-P.

You can't save during combat though, you need to move far away (and this isn't always possible).

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. ADULF HITLOR FAN KLUB Educated

ADULF HITLOR FAN KLUB
    FYI, Caesar and Cicero never saw an Anglo-Saxon in England. They were a Germanic tribe that settled in England in the 5th century.

But whatever they did see does clearly still exist in Bongland. The Romans, Anglo-Saxons and Vikings apparently weren't completely successful with their efforts to cleanse the island.

• Funny x 5
    • hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Deus Vult x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Twiglard Arcane Sad Loser

Twiglard
    So V's got cigarette burns on his upper inner wrist. I bet it connects with his mentioning a shitty father. Figures.

The burns shouldn't look like that after so long, though. They should look like normal scar tissue.

• No x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Grampy_Bone Arcane

Grampy_Bone
    Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
    There's one Epic set that lets you hover but I haven't tried them yet.

I let the voodoo boys all get zapped and the game is all like "Whoa netwatch tricked you!" Huh? motherfucker they did exactly what I hoped they would do.

• Funny Funny x 4
    ^ Top  
  5. Fedora Master Arcane Patron

Fedora Master
    They're welts from when you got an injection at Viktors.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Crafting and rare door openings seemed pretty useless early game, but I kept going with the tech stat since I was committed. Have to say, after getting the perk that lets you craft epic items I made a revolver that nearly doubled the damage output of what I had before, along with insanely high crit bonuses. Seriously like +50% crit chance and +70% crit damage bonus. I don't know if stealth hits automatically count as crits or not, and it probably doesn't matter since I kill 99% of enemies in one shot already, but still... that was a fucking huge upgrade. Shame there's no way I'm getting 20 in tech since my playlist requires maxing cool and reflexes.

Anyway... it's still probably worthless overall, you find plenty of great weapons and I'll probably find a legendary revolver in 10 minutes that beats it, but for a hot second there it was a nice dopamine hit when the numbers went up up up.

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Robber Baron Learned

Robber Baron
    Maybe in base damage numbers, good crit bonuses are very rare

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Owl Savant Patron

Owl
    Codex USB, 2014
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 30
    • Edgy x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Jenkem Self-Ejected Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    Since everyone else is playing this garbage, I decided to check out something similar (SEVERAL Codexers like PorkyThePaladin have described CP77 as an incredible playable movie.)
    DETROIT: Become Human. The world design and settings are fantastic and the story is immaculately told through gameplay as only David Cage can deliver. The amount of C&C is UNBELIEVABLE, from small actions affecting the present and future, to large actions like the deaths of characters significantly altering how things play out. The game takes all these choices into account and is VERY satisfying.

• Funny x 7
    • WTF am I reading x 7
    • Participation Award x 4
    • Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • How about this as a button x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • No x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Fedora Master Arcane Patron

Fedora Master
    4/10 too obvious

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Robber Baron Learned

Robber Baron
    Tried it when it went free on PS+. Never managed to finish a single David Cage game and this was no exception.

• Button Button x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Jenkem Self-Ejected Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    [​IMG]

• hopw roewur ne x 5
    • Funny x 3
    • /facepalm/ x 2
    • Participation Award x 1
    • M'lady x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. SoupNazi rial billionaire Patron

SoupNazi
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands
    I mean, that's kind of on you though isn't it? I'm not suggesting you have to LARP but I don't understand this approach to games. I agree that again, the game should be prepared for you using the super jump / double jump to bypass stuff, and have responses to it (and NPCs should ideally use those augs themselves). But I'm happy with missions that give you all these options, and frankly in a game like this which I'm unlikely to replay more than 1 time I'm happy that I can explore those options in one-two playthroughs. Personally I choose to look at it as impressive that the mission doesn't break the moment you essentially "skip" a checkpoint or don't use one of the paths the game tries to feed you. But maybe that's just my low standards for AAA gaming. :lol:

• Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. 502 Learned

They way they zeroed in on the 8MB limit, in holiday season no less, made me fabulously optimistic™ for the game's future. The schizo disconnect between the "story" and the "open world" is still there, crafting and itemization are still turbo autistic, etc. but the foundation is decent and I'm hopeful.

Just started a very hard run. The game is in dire need of a proper hardcore tryhard mode with consumable restrictions. Official or user made.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 3
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Robber Baron Learned

Robber Baron
    You can impose those restrictions by yourself, like 20 perks max per playthrough, 5 healthpacks max at any time or some other shit. Funny enough that is what JRPG fans do to make their fav games harder with those lvl1 runs and so on.

^ Top  
  16. Turjan Arcane

Turjan
    While they tried to downplay the issue in the beginning, people refunded the game because of the error. Also, the expectation that the game wouldn't be able to bear any expansion content without breaking if this limit stayed in place started circulating, and that's bad for business.
    The suggestion by that moderator to just not play the game certainly didn't help their case.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Turjan Arcane

Turjan
    I somehow doubt it. I don't think the game has any meaningful branching in its main quest. Also, I don't even know what
    Show Spoiler
    the Netwatch guy
    had to say. I was still a bit trigger-happy after that encounter with Little Miss Hulk. Fortunately it's a "kill first - ask questions later" kind of game.

^ Top  
  18. Agame Arcane Patron

Agame
    Insert Title Here
    Some Youtuber played the game for 183 hours and then proceeds to rant about how awful it is. When asked why he played it for 183 hours he says "I had to complete everything on the map".

Pretty sure its because of people like this we have such garbage games these days.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Mefi Cipher

Mefi
    waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
    If you leave an NPC on low-ish health to duck behind cover, they do occasionally use healing. There's no animation but there is the sound effect. Usually they die too quickly though as they leave it much too late. As with much else, and you suggest there, I suspect there's plenty of room for tweaking towards something a bit better. Like NPCs who avoid bullets by using time cyberware but are quite happy doing it while popping away from a distance with a low damage pistol rather than using it to enter and leave melee.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Agame Arcane Patron

Agame
    Insert Title Here
    And I figured out combat regen does work its just terrible and a waste of time and perks. It takes a long time to start, its extremely slow to regen, and it only goes to like 60% of max health.

Sad.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Robber Baron Learned

Robber Baron
    I had an enemy flanking me succesfully for the first time in 92 hours yesterday. Like he literally decided to evade the frontal encounter and moved on my flank through a side alleyway. I was so shocked I missed 2 shots and he killed me. Might have been just a pathfinding bug I don't know sure as hell took me by suprise

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Verylittlefishes Sacro Bosco Patron

Verylittlefishes

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. snoek Augur

snoek
    You can install some kind of body mod for that.

^ Top  
  24. Mefi Cipher

Mefi
    waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
    I've seen similar but also seen them, on the street spawns, leave their designated area and killing them triggers the police response teleporting in. It's like there's piles of derp to dig through at times. The AI certainly seems to be more aggressive (better?) in buildings, perhaps it's a distance to player thing where further away is more likely to leave the AI popping up and down in cover throwing out the odd grenade.

^ Top  
  25. Child of Malkav Arbiter

Child of Malkav
    Driving through the streets of Night City with a car is hell. Holy shit, the people and the the other vehicles are just obstacles, nothing more. It becomes an exercise in frustration trying to avoid NPCs that jump in front of my car trying to give me a wanted state. It's all one big obstacle course. There's no AI in this game.

• FAKE NEWS x 2
    • Merry Christmas! x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • consume product x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.