Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

CD Projekt's CYBERPUNK 2077 Release Thread - Concerned For The Consoles

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Sam Ecorners, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Robber Baron Learned

Robber Baron
    I agree that they wanted to cash in on the GTA crowd, but the Night City is an absolute spectacle to explore and I'm glad they went above than just copying HR and MD

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Shit Shit x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. RobotSquirrel Learned

RobotSquirrel
    It would've been better if half the doors weren't locked and the other scenery vendors actually sold you stuff. Otherwise the worlds fine.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. RapineDel Savant

RapineDel
    Which is precisely the problem. You do one 10 minute drive around the city and you've got a shitload of meaningless quests in your log which feel like they have zero context to them.

• Participation Award Participation Award x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Robber Baron Learned

Robber Baron
    No point in either, just more smoke and mirriors. It's not sandbox like GTA, it has zero sandbox systems or mechanics in place. It's just a bombastic looter-shooter visual novel set on a huge ass beautifull sci-fi map.

Don't these quests trigger when you're on foot only? I never had an exclamation mark quest trigger while inside the car. So you really only start them when walking on foot near the target place. And I've spent the first 5 hours of prologue and then like 8 hours of post prologue just walking the map.

• Yes Yes x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Slaver1 Learned

Slaver1
    I was thinking along the lines of the original Deus Ex where you go from New York to Hong Kong for example and the whole vibe changes. CDPR can still design relatively large areas that give the illusion of living breathing cities but they could DO so much more systemically & narrativewise with narrower zones to focus on.

^ Top  
  6. |NOVVAK| Literate

|NOVVAK|
    Yes. Hubs are the best compromise between linearity and openness. Divide the game world into hubs that are large enough to offer freedom without the need to fill them with generic content.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. dragonul09 Arcane Edgy

dragonul09
    I still can't believe that an mmo like SWTOR has more choices and role playng capabilities than this game. I just finished the sith warrior story line and you have more choices in the tutorial area than in this entire game, it makes my head spin just thinking that this game was in development for 8-9 years. There's no replay value in this game, everything is fluff, every single dialogue option is just an ilussion that at times it makes Fallout 4 look like New Vegas.

I truly believe that the law suit brought by investors is the right thing to do , time and time again these fucking marketing pricks keep lying about features that are not even close to be true or outright not included at all, plust they are getting backed by the mainstream reviewers hacks to the point that potential buyers just don't know where to get the actual truth. I think it's time to see these bastards bleed out of their fucking asshole every time they lie.

The whole fucking time i thought I was getting a lambo and all I got was a used toyota corolla:negative:

• Despair x 5
    • Disagree x 2
    • decline x 2
    • Merry Christmas! x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Morii Savant

Morii
    Then make it optional, you find the quests by exploring and intracting with NPCs and when you want to do some jobs straight and without spending time for it YOU call a fixer and he gives you the information about nearest job to your location.
    It's the classic gossip and bartender method, How many fucking years have RPGs been doing this?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Keshik Arcane

Keshik
    I had a hilarious bug where my character still had a revolver in her hand. Sure made the sex scene...interesting. Who knew V was that kinky. :lol:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Okily Dokily! Okily Dokily! x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. FEDSMOKER m_stalker_wolf0002 Patron

FEDSMOKER
    Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
    did the 1.05 patch break performance for people using AMD GPUs or no

• No No x 4
    ^ Top  
  11. Tyranicon A Memory of Eternity Developer

Tyranicon
    The sad thing is that CDPR's marketing team honestly deserves promotions and raises, because goddamn did they do their job right.

It's marketing's job to lie to you so you spend money. Never think otherwise.

• Agree x 5
    • Brofist x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • cool story bro x 1
    • consume product x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. moon knight Matt7895's alt

moon knight
    It's easy to sell something that doesn't exist by promising the world. And it creates an unsatisfied user base.

Much more difficult to sell a product based on its actual strenghts

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    I'm on hard, and when I do jobs that are "high" or "very high" danger level I can definitely encounter enemies that take more than one headshot to kill. Well, I did before crafting that gun anyway, I bet it will help with that. Still, hitting a guy a second time real quick before anyone sees you isn't that hard to do. I could see it being a lot more important in a normal combat build. I load up my nomad assault shotgun and SMG guy here and there and the game is definitely a lot harder when you're not sneaking.

^ Top  
  14. Tyranicon A Memory of Eternity Developer

Tyranicon
    The CDPR business model:

1. spend a decade+ generating good will from consumers

2. spend almost a decade working(?) on a game in complete secrecy

3. Burn all that good will in a single month

4. ????

5. Profit?

• Merry Christmas! x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Despair x 2
    • Yes x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Developer

Elhoim
    Except for not being able to choose the damage type. Ugh, what the fuck they were thinking... Reeks of MMO design in which you have to spend time crafting over and over to get the damage type you want, except here is reload. Damage type in any case should have been an ammo "mod".

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It reeks because it is MMO design. I'm willing to bet that they quite deliberately designed the items and crafting to be interchangeable between the single player and MMO game. To "save resources" you know.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • :( :( x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime
    They could have cut some boring districts and stuff, like the badlands. They could even eliminate the driving system altogether, it wouln't be neccesary. It's actually a pleasure to go to places walking at times, so they could have reinforced that making the exploration more intimate like in Vampire: Bloodlines. I'm not in the idea of cutting the sandbox aspect of Cyberpunk 2077. But I see the point, they game could benefited a lot in regards of interactivy and scripting if the map were smaller.

Just remember how much you can actually make with so little:

[​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Red Hexapus Educated

Red Hexapus
    Talked with a friend of my brother yesterday. He had an opposite bug during the Mealstorm mission - he pulled a gun on Royce, but for some reason had no guns in gun slots, which made his hand to be empty. So he threatened Royce with an empty hand. And then he chose an option to pull the trigger... killed the guy with an imaginary gun :)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    • Funny x 4
    • Brofist x 1
    • Cheers!! x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Grampy_Bone Arcane

Grampy_Bone
    Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
    Iconics always have the same damage type, though the interface doesn't make this obvious, usually because their damage type is intrinsic to how they function. The Yinlong smart SMG will always do electric damage because thats what it's themed around.

OTOH, damage types are mostly pointless anyway. I have never noticed a difference in damage output between fire/chemical/electric/physical, and everything dies too fast for burn or poison to really matter much. If there was real armor in the game that mattered, or bots that could only be hurt by one damage type, then it would be a different story.

^ Top  
  20. TheEntitledOne Arcane

TheEntitledOne
    So how playable is this in a proper murdermachine? "Should" be getting the damn 3080 next week.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Every time I see an youtuber "reviewer" saying crafting is useless, just reaffirms my conviction that those "reviewer" youtubers must be chemically castrated for the good of humanity. You need crafting to get the legendary versions of the iconic weapons that are OP as hell and to make the higher quality versions of weapon and clothing mods. Having a full legendary clothing set with lots of higher quality armadillo mods, you can get up to 12000 of armor by just doing a few crits or your life getting bellow 45% with the cold something perk tree. If you get that perk that gives you 50% damage reduction for 10 seconds after losing 50% of health, you can just tank any boss on very hard and murder him with Oda's katana or a clip of a legendary quasar pistol with 100% crit chance and 200% crit damage.

You also need crafting to recraft legendary weapons to keep them at your level because some genius at CDPR decided to make upgrading costs grow on an exponential fashion and soon, buying all the upgrade components from all Night City guns shops wont be enough to upgrade a single pistol. You also get random perks when crafting a legendary so you can get a really op gun that otherwise would pratically impossible to get.

My problem with this game is that all of this is useless even on very hard, the game has that retarded Witcher level scaling, meaning, if you reach a higher enough level, you are immortal and if your level is too low, random street trash take more bullets than a Terminator and all your build, that you did, that pales in comparison with the bonus from leveling. This level scaling seems to have a much bigger impact than your stats. What is the point of killing a dude with single hit with 2000 damage or 200.000 damage? Man, that is what you get with the youtube and media tards that kept fellating Witcher 3 non-stop and made CDPR think they are good game designers.

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Since I love the setting and enjoy the core gameplay loop despite its issues, I really do look forward to what kind of rebalance mods might come out for this. I tend to bounce off those a lot of the time because they make shit annoying rather than difficult because they're made by autists, but a good one could do wonders for this game.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. oneself Arcane Shitposter

oneself
    A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
    Which is why I believe Codex are just full of fps chuds but of turn-based variety.

• Racist Racist x 2
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. snoek Augur

snoek
    Should be pretty sweet.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. orcinator Liturgist

orcinator
    Just a large outpost with multiple ways to enter.
    Linear setpiece that supposedly has multiple routes but I randomly got instakilled when I tried to take a shortcut across the floats so I stopped trying. Also boring boss fight.
    Only interesting aspect is that you don't get a quest marker telling you to "save samurai man (optional)"
    Large outpost
    This was the one good quest I mentioned. What makes it good is that it takes away your regen inhalers. Sadly it's short and you can just instawin with hacks.
    Was that the one for the Beat on the Meat mission or the boss fight at the GIM or something else? Neither of those were particularly interesting.
    A thoroughly braindead stealth mission with a boring boss. Or a large outpost with a boring boss.

Didn't do the other ones, not feeling particularly optimistic about their quality.

Ultimately the problem with the game is that the braindead enemies, infinite near-instant healing (far worse mechanic than the classic CoD health regen) and shitty RPG mechanics make it so there really is no interesting way to approach a mission no matter how many "choices" (preferences, really) it presents.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.