Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Hellion

Arcane
The Codex has "fucking standards", indeed. That's why CP2077 will win the GOTY 2020 poll.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
The only standard that matters now to the Codex is the memes

3e24e09801ca54b65d082b3f8ab5eef2o.png

Semiurge

Cipher
Panam romance is well done also but V hasn't yet closed the deal. In fact he's been simping like a motherfucker and not really getting anywhere -- maybe that's why it feels so real.

Treat them with respect, they're not vending machines for sex.

They should have created hubs like Deus Ex and gone to town making every inch come alive and interactive.
Unfortunately CDPR have commercial rather than strictly artistic incentives these days. They wanted to have their cake and eat it with the GTA openworld/ Borderlands shlooter juxposition & exhausting console marketing cycle . There's simply not enough enough focus and artistry woven into the overall product. It's compromised from the top down.

It's usually just the base creatives who have an ounce of creative ambition when the executives have developed a taste for success, and they probably got the boot from CDPR a long time ago or left, and now the creatives' only ambition is education. A natural life cycle of corporations, they start with an idea, but success breeds thirst and demands greater sacrifices
in the name of continued growth. It leaves no room for the original ideal.

I had a hilarious bug where my character still had a revolver in her hand. Sure made the sex scene...interesting. Who knew V was that kinky. :lol:

Janice-Gun-Richie-Aprile-Sopranos-Sex.jpg

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
It's usually just the base creatives who have an ounce of creative ambition when the executives have developed a taste for success, and they probably got the boot from CDPR a long time ago or left, and now the creatives' only ambition is education. A natural life cycle of corporations, they start with an idea, but success breeds thirst and demands greater sacrifices

It's this stuff that's gonna utterly decimate the industry in time. This is unsustainable and they know it.

Semiurge

Cipher

It's this stuff that's gonna utterly decimate the industry in time. This is unsustainable and they know it.

I always thought you were a smart fuck. Your agreeing with me means a lot.

Turjan

Arcane
How'd they have a save that went over 8mb in the first place? That would be enough for an 8.3 million letter long password.
The game keeps track of every item you pick up or craft. The bodies from your fights, at least as far as they are related to quests or gigs, stay in place forever. You can go there in-game weeks later and loot whatever you left behind. Weapons and armor are the worst offenders, as they come in many minute variations.

At least some stuff, like vehicles you nicked or stuff you sold, gets deleted after 48 in-game hours. Which doesn't necessarily mean that the references to those items get deleted.

Gargaune

Magister
They're being sued. It started guys, grab the popcorn.
Or not.
I doubt much will come of it, there's a lot of twitterism at work in this scandal. There's much less scope to argue false advertising for Cyberpunk than there was for No Man's Sky, and I recall a UK customer's suit against Hello Games eventually got dismissed.

Now, granted, this would be on behalf of investors and the tanking stock might be an issue, but it all comes down to figures. Where are they relative to their sales projections? And, ironically, CDPR offering refunds might work in their favour - if the number of customers who elected to take them up on that offer is low relative to the 13 million reported sales (and I personally suspect it is), management might be able to use that as proof that their product isn't "unplayable etc." and just blame a hostile press.

But hey, who knows? It's the internet, we're all legal experts here.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Or not.

Interesting how complete clusterfuck games like Anthem, Fallout 76 etc do not end up in lawsuits. Cyberpunk sold 13mil right? Regardless of bugs that seems pretty much like success.

Its almost like the "Establishment" wants to take an opportunity to kick the shit out of CDPR while they are down.

overly excitable young man

Meh. The problem with the Arasaka ending really is that nobody tries to betray you.
I was so sure that either Hanako or Takemura would betray me and laugh at me for being so naive.
But nothing of that.

For morally bankrupt cyberpunk shit there wasnt anyone that really betrayed you.
Maybe black fixer guy in the beginning. Pretty weak.

Gargaune

Magister
The game keeps track of every item you pick up or craft. The bodies from your fights, at least as far as they are related to quests or gigs, stay in place forever. You can go there in-game weeks later and loot whatever you left behind. Weapons and armor are the worst offenders, as they come in many minute variations.

At least some stuff, like vehicles you nicked or stuff you sold, gets deleted after 48 in-game hours. Which doesn't necessarily mean that the references to those items get deleted.
An idiotic design for a massive, variable-length game, especially when you have Bethesda as a point of reference (cells refresh every X days if unvisited), but the bigger question is why they capped the save size that way.

Pathfinder Kingmaker has the same sort of persistence, once an item drops, it's there forever. Unsurprisingly, my largest saves are north of 70 meg. Takes a while to load, okay, but it does. Before that, the largest save files I remember were from NWN2, more than fifty meg, and that's probably on account of Aurora and Electron baking copies of the module into the save. Just for comparison, a heavily modded Bethesda Game™ shits out saves just shy of 20MB.

Semiurge

Cipher

I always thought you were a smart fuck. Your agreeing with me means a lot.

Well fuck you too, furball. That was the last time I'm nice to anybody, it just won't pay off.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Every time I see an youtuber "reviewer" saying crafting is useless, just reaffirms my conviction that those "reviewer" youtubers must be chemically castrated for the good of humanity. You need crafting to...
My problem with this game is that all of this is useless even on very hard.
First you call reviewers retards for saying that crafting is useless. Then you proceed to explain how crafting is indeed useless because of level scaling. So wtf are you talking about?

Turjan

Arcane
Or not.

Interesting how complete clusterfuck games like Anthem, Fallout 76 etc do not end up in lawsuits. Cyberpunk sold 13mil right? Regardless of bugs that seems pretty much like success.

Its almost like the "Establishment" wants to take an opportunity to kick the shit out of CDPR while they are down.
Zenimax was privately owned during that debacle, so no scammed investors, just consumers. And Anthem looked like a regular flop.
I assume we may have a few hints at insider trade here with CP77, or in other words, some of the owners may have profited a lot from the drop in stock price, which poses a few questions worth asking.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Oh boy.

So, I was having good fun playing my new character and just running around clearing up the side gigs and blue marks. Enjoying the map and being CUHRAZY with my fighting.

But now I have to do the story missions to unlock more and oh god not the BD tutorial again fuck off noooooo :argh:

Child of Malkav

Erudite
The damage calculation is beyond fucked up. I bought a few perks in the pistol category (just passive damage/crit chance/crit damage increases + a few mods on the overture handgun) and dealing 40 - 80k+ on headshot crits. I'm not good at making builds but damn, something ain't working right. But it is pretty fun.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
The game has like 60% of the content of base Witcher 3.

Less really, if you consider that most side missions are utter shit compared to Witcher 3 side missions which actually had some depth. There are SOME ok side missions but the vast majority reek of Ubisoft "fill the map, because" type variety.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Panam romance is well done also but V hasn't yet closed the deal. In fact he's been simping like a motherfucker and not really getting anywhere -- maybe that's why it feels so real.

Treat them with respect, they're not vending machines for sex.

Have you ever had sex even once that wasn't a pity fuck from some friend zone bitch you know or you having to pay for it? You reek of soy numale manlet. I imagine your beta herb aura repels girls like garlic with a fucking vampire.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
The damage calculation is beyond fucked up. I bought a few perks in the pistol category (just passive damage/crit chance/crit damage increases + a few mods on the overture handgun) and dealing 40 - 80k+ on headshot crits. I'm not good at making builds but damn, something ain't working right. But it is pretty fun.

You can pretty much use any weapon regardless of build. At end game I am using various unique weapons I have collected like pistols that I have no spec in and they do obscene amounts of damage. It is truly the Skyrim school of design "yOu Can dO eVerYthiNg and AnytHing becaUSe yoU are spEchuL".

Also I hate the Cold Blood tree, it seems like a 'make every build better' (well, aside from a pure netrunner I guess?) no brainer to invest in. So I have purposely not put a single point in it, because I hate that kind of no choice design. There should be some kind of trade off to it. You get tons of perk points over the game, and the majority of perks are either noob traps or tiny +% boni, so I never feel like I dont have enough. In fact I spent most of my playthrough hoarding level up points as the game is generally very easy and I was extremely underwhelmed by the perks.

In fact this game should be a breeze to do a 'no perk' run.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Or not.

Zenimax was privately owned during that debacle, so no scammed investors, just consumers. And Anthem looked like a regular flop.
I assume we may have a few hints at insider trade here with CP77, or in other words, some of the owners may have profited a lot from the drop in stock price, which poses a few questions worth asking.

Well its not just the law suits, its the complete rabid dog-piling from pretty much everyone, media/YT/gamers/normies. I in fact would love to see the people in charge of decision making at CDPR, the ones who fucked the game during the previous 8 years, get raked over the coals. Alas I fear that is unlikely to happen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom