Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

ADL

Prophet
The advice to turn off the minimap is good too
All the talk about Deus Ex, plus a fair amount of beer, has finally tempted me into picking up Human Revolutions in the sale. Going to be interesting comparison, even if not exactly like for like.
Is it possible to disable the minimap on foot but keep it enabled for the driving? That'd be the only way I could tolerate it. If I have to disable it for both, fuck no.
Also Deus Ex Mankind Divided's open world Prague is one of my top three examples of fantastic level design in the 2010s so when the time comes, I highly recommend that one. Take your time in it because the side quests are just as good as the MSQ in that game.

Semiurge

Cipher
when they add back in the features cut rushing to release in time for the biggest holiday season for video games ever as "free dlc"

200.gif

Why should they? Do you think they care about maintaining good relations with gamers anymore? If the cunts that will be updating their houses/cars/wives/girlfriends every time their company releases a new hit had to choose between pleasing some dumb gamers and more money, they will choose more money. And more money they shall get, now that they've fully embraced the open world sandbox setting and multiplaying.

- Noticed that there is actually faction system in game and gangs can fight each other. I am not talking about those scripted scenes where you go somewhere to ongoing street fight. I attacked Tiger Claws in one place and suddenly from other side of the street group of Mealstrom started to attack Tiger Claws as they first heard something and started to check out what was happening and later someone git hit by stray buller, shit hit the fan and later on more Mealstrom gonks arrived as well as 3-4 more Tiger Claws. Mealtrom won and they went back to their posts.

7FQ8AMl.gif

Calling a woman "cute" is another instance of someone with no male role models during childhood.

I thought it was perfectly normal for males to find cuteness sexually attractive, whereas with females it instead evokes a nurturing instinct. Up to a certain limit that pedos keep crossing of course.

XpGTF6N.png

Playing with the no-hud mod, you start to look around more

"Karen".

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Is it possible to disable the minimap on foot but keep it enabled for the driving? That'd be the only way I could tolerate it. If I have to disable it for both, fuck no.
Also Deus Ex Mankind Divided's open world Prague is one of my top three examples of fantastic level design in the 2010s so when the time comes, I highly recommend that one. Take your time in it because the side quests are just as good as the MSQ in that game.

Sadly, it's a straight toggle for the minimap. I leave job location turned on though because you can still track via the main map and it gives a direction, distance, and height indicator.

Cheers for advice on Mankind Divided. In lockdown again so have time to play slowly. Might even try Human Revolutions again as a warm up if I can find a way to rid it of that foul yellow filter the director's cut got stuck with.

Turjan

Arcane
edit: ok i am fucking stupid idiot. There is TRADE option also when you do stuff with ripperdocks and they have mods you can buy for your implants.................

Holy fucking shit, I just started to wonder why I never see shops selling implant mods, been playing the entire time with just a few I picked up.

Came here to post about it...

All this time I could have been buying mods.

:negative:
Heh, took me a while to notice that, too.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Well, I did the secret ending and the mission is pretty cool but I expected it to be way longer and to include some bombs and all that. You know, the thermonuclear kind.
Oh and BTW, tech weapons, specifically the Achilles, own that mission. Pinging enemies and then one hit killing them through the walls is something else.
And after the fight with Smasher, telling him that Silverhand sends his regards and his response: "You fucking with me right now?" just made me burst into laughter. Oh if he only knew.
Anyway, I'm done with this game. I'll wait till the Not Shit edition comes out, play the DLCs and stop playing CDPR games in general until they figure out that other games exist and start playing them to get ideas for improvement in their own games.

Gargaune

Magister
Right, some guy made the effort to publish a "mod" consisting of screenshots showing the various character creation hair options in actual daylight and, yes, there is no brown hair in this game. Just jet black and growing-old black. But don't you worry, there's three shades of purple!

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Greatly reduced carry weight to encourage stash/trunk use, no crafting or dismantling on the go but at special stations only, weighted ammo and consumables, a complete item overhaul without leveled loot or tiers... And this is just off the top of my head.

There are plenty of hand-placed and unique items in the game. I doubt it's possible, but a mod that turned literally everything else into the same generic base weapon/item would be amazing, making it more like New Vegas where you don't have to look at every dumb pickup. Like I said though, doubt it's possible.

Related: I do think people underestimate how much of the loot is hand placed. Check the wikis and you'll see a lot of it is.

Gerrard

Arcane
Someone will definitely go the extra mile with mods.

Basically all the itemization systems should be thrown out and rebuilt from scratch. It's so bad in CP2077 that I'm fixing my game based on how pointless its loot system is.

Less is more. Impactful upgrades > pointless filler loot.

The BL system of itemization has been complete shit since BL1 yet people pretend to like it.
Except the itemization in BL1 was good. It was BL2 where it went to shit.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
So I'm right before the point of no return ending quest and I'm running around finishing all the yellow gigs and side jobs first. I've played the entire game using stealth and pistols, and yet my stealth and pistols levels are around 17 each. Considering how close I am to the end, I guess you'd have to do all the blue police shit too in order to max them out for the endgame, which really makes those level 20 only perks pointless. Note I'm not talking about a reflexes level 20, but the handgun "level up when you use it" level. Anyway... those level 20 perks seem awesome but they also seem pointless given what it takes to get to them. You'll be at the end and an indestructible god by the time you use them.

Turjan

Arcane
Yes, you have to do lots of tedious stuff to get anywhere close to max level. I guess that's for people who really love to grind. Which I don't.

I noticed that some locations actually refresh in some way. For example, the Watson location where you free the (rather unwilling) physician sister of a former Maelstrom member in a rescue mission gets converted into an "organized crime" location later on. Plus, it became a real loot bonanza.

Last edited:

jf8350143

Liturgist
Greatly reduced carry weight to encourage stash/trunk use, no crafting or dismantling on the go but at special stations only, weighted ammo and consumables, a complete item overhaul without leveled loot or tiers... And this is just off the top of my head.

There are plenty of hand-placed and unique items in the game. I doubt it's possible, but a mod that turned literally everything else into the same generic base weapon/item would be amazing, making it more like New Vegas where you don't have to look at every dumb pickup. Like I said though, doubt it's possible.

Related: I do think people underestimate how much of the loot is hand placed. Check the wikis and you'll see a lot of it is.

There is tons of hand placed loot but lots of them have random rarity. You need to s/l to get the best version.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Yes, you have to do lots of tedious stuff to get anywhere close to max level. I guess that's for people who really love to grind. Which I don't.

Isn't that headroom probably built in for the multiplayer version?

Yeah the incredibly slow leveling, crafting system and itemization all scream MMO (endless grinding) design.

To be fair Witcher 3 had some of those problems so it could just be CDPR are shit game designers...

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I noticed that some locations actually refresh in some way. For example, the Watson location where you free the (rather unwilling) physician sister of a former Maelstrom member in a rescue mission gets converted into an "organized crime" location later on. Plus, it became a real loot bonanza.

Sure that wasn't a copy and pasted building instead? I noticed exactly what you're talking about but I assumed it was a copy-paste building. You might be right though.

Yeah the incredibly slow leveling, crafting system and itemization all scream MMO (endless grinding) design.

To be fair like a lot of these games, a ton of it is optional. I haven't had a perk excite me in ages, and high level gear is only really needed for high level enemies. You could easily do the main quest, character quests and some random chunk of yellow gigs and finish the game just fine. Like a lot of things in this game it reminds me of Dragon Age Inquisition, where the less you did the better the game was.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Sound design is imho one of the best things about 77. Especially gunshots and ambience.

Want good gun sounds? See:

The redeeming quality is the presence of the ballistic supersonic crack, even if somewhat muted.

Want good ambience? Walk around Cordon or Garbage at night. C77 doesn't compare.

Judy I also found to be quite an OK character, even though on first meeting her I had very low expectations.

Judy's such a fucking downer. She's moping ALL the time, and actively tries to bring you down with her. Has annoying ghetto accent and gets offended if you talk back after she goes aggro on you.

Didn't much like most of the characters in the game either - there's really no one that comes close to the guys in Witcher. Take Dijkstra, since he wouldn't be out of place in Night City as a Fixer - the guy has charisma, and a plan, well enough conceived and presented that it makes you think that it does make sense to join with the fat bastard.

Really, Dijkstra? Try Zoltan or Talar with the Polish voiceover. I've had lots of fun in Witcher 1/3 hanging out with the crew, with all the "social" quests and so on. The Aldecaldos camp reminds me a bit of that.

The whole deal was set up by VooDoo boys which were Dex kin as Dex is from Pacifica and only made possible by Evelyn whoring herself to Yorinobu which gave them access to some actual plan.

Now, what is Evelynn's status? By the time she's introduced, and talks to Judy, I thought she was high rank at the Mox. But then she goes whoring herself rather than laying low. So she is just a random whore at the wrong place at the wrong time?

But here's my biggest issue - you just were accused of wasting the big guy himself of Arasaka. Your face is on the news. How the hell they only send Goro after you, then some random goons and then you're just free to fuck around the city care free?

To be fair, Miss Tightpants says everyone on the board knew who the real killer is.

Right, some guy made the effort to publish a "mod" consisting of screenshots showing the various character creation hair options in actual daylight and, yes, there is no brown hair in this game. Just jet black and growing-old black. But don't you worry, there's three shades of purple!

I think it's a point the game makes of everything being cheap and tasteless.

Turjan

Arcane

Sure that wasn't a copy and pasted building instead? I noticed exactly what you're talking about but I assumed it was a copy-paste building. You might be right though.

I'm not 100% sure. The computers had the messages from the other quest on them. Plus, I'm relatively sure I had already cleared all "organized crime" locations in Watson at that point. Then again, I had the same feeling during another quest where the location looked incredibly familiar, and when my V was killed and I reloaded, the NPC's from the first quest (dead ones and some peeps sitting on a couch watching some braindances) appeared in the reloaded location, which didn't help with immersion.

Turjan

Arcane

Isn't that headroom probably built in for the multiplayer version?

You probably need that headroom if you really do everything in the game. Although that can get frustrating in areas outside of Watson and Japantown, where it often gets obvious that stuff was rushed.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Silverhand for most of the game I found to be an insufferable cunt, a sociopath who avoided dealing with his own shit by blaming the world, but I admit I liked his redemption story towards the end.

Remember that offhand remark after the concert? Johnny regrets that he built up Kerry without making him dependent upon himself. It reminds me of an analogous scene in Mr. Robot's final season. A narcissist indeed. Thing is, Johnny takes way more after you than you from him. At the beginning I thought of him as irredeemable.

That world-weary nihilo-cynicism is just a mask, though. There's a person there.

- Judy's a good girl
- Six out of ten

That wasn't a punchline, he was embarassed at saying anything good about someone.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I have not been able to get answers to these questions, and I dare not look online in fear of being spoiled than more I should.

I know I have just been given the quest with the point of no return. I haven't started it yet.

My questions are :

-Am I able to keep on playing and do sidequests after doing that quest ?
-Which side quests lines do I have to do to get access to the extra endings ?

Don't give further/additional spoils. Pretty please.

Perkel

Arcane

There will be "no return" message before you start quest that locks you out.

Robber Baron

Savant

No. It's a straight road to the end.

You need to finish all main quests to be able to see all the endings. To do secret ending you need to pick right dialogs choices in the side quest "Chippin' in".

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
I have not been able to get answers to these questions, and I dare not look online in fear of being spoiled than more I should.

I know I have just been given the quest with the point of no return. I haven't started it yet.

My questions are :

Don't give further/additional spoils. Pretty please.

1. The game returns you to that point as the 'continue' option at game's end, so yes.
2. Putting this on spoiler but literally just name of starting quest of each chain which opens up an alternative ending
Lightning Breaks chain, Tapeworm chain, and then there's one more ending after those which isn't dependent on chains.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Silverhand for most of the game I found to be an insufferable cunt, a sociopath who avoided dealing with his own shit by blaming the world, but I admit I liked his redemption story towards the end.

Remember that offhand remark after the concert? Johnny regrets that he built up Kerry without making him dependent upon himself. It reminds me of an analogous scene in Mr. Robot's final season. A narcissist indeed. Thing is, Johnny takes way more after you than you from him. At the beginning I thought of him as irredeemable.

That world-weary nihilo-cynicism is just a mask, though. There's a person there.

- Judy's a good girl
- Six out of ten

That wasn't a punchline, he was embarassed at saying anything good about someone.

Johnny's story is actually pretty good, and the interaction with him turns out to be more complex and interesting than one thinks it's going to be at the beginning. Good stuff.

But on the other hand, isn't that the complaint many have about the game - that it's really more Johnny's story than the player's? As I quipped a million moons ago in this thread: turns out they've made another Geralt story, except you're not even Geralt :)

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member

Yes, going right before the ending story-wise, and getting bonus items from it. You can complete multiple endings without reloading.

Panam's. Save Goro for some flavor in a different path.

But on the other hand, isn't that the complaint many have about the game - that it's really more Johnny's story than the player's?

No, it's not Fallout 3 follow-the-father schtick. One ending is Johnny's. Otherwise he's a primary character but not the protagonist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom