Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

CD Projekt's CYBERPUNK 2077 Release Thread - Concerned For The Consoles

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Sam Ecorners, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Robber Baron Learned

Robber Baron
    Cool
    If this was Deus Ex, V noticing the black ops dudes would've added an additional line when talking with Peralez in the end

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. undecaf Arcane Patron

undecaf
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    If the big fixes and implementation of the "original 2018 plan" in the supposed leak don't touch the general gameplay and charactersystem dynamics, the game won't get better, just heavier.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  3. Danikas Arcane

Danikas
    Then we have this creepy shit in garry quest.

The same track that is used in Peralez quest is used here.

The shard you find in this quest goes like this:
    "Phosphor radiates, occluding jaded eyes, Come titan. Outward ring avian choruses, looping eternity. Cages of men melt as night descends. Emerge Xelhua, Erect Cholula under these expanses. Puppets lie awake, Never sleeping."

Seems it's a Null cipher. 1st letter of every word...

"Project Oracle Command Execute Plans"

The corpo chick in this meeting uses the phrase carpe noctem that's the name of project that Sandra dorsett uncovered:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. alyvain Learned

alyvain
    I like conspiracies, but if it is not Militech, then I am afraid of the upcoming ridiculousness of this questline in DLCs and such.

^ Top  
  5. undecaf Arcane Patron

undecaf
    I just read ”an explanation of another rumoured leak” (yeah, I know what that sounds like) where the main plot was originally about investigating the increasing amount of cyberpsychosis cases in the city... and that the Johnny thing came about later.

It’s a rumour of a rumour, and possibly bullshit, but that would’ve been so much better than the shit that’s there, that it kinda makes me a bit sad for the game.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Twiglard Prophet Sad Loser

Twiglard
    Yo. I looked up a way to avoid falling damage regardless of the height. Just make sure you're sliding while falling. Crouch while sprinting when you're about to fall off a ledge. You'll continue sliding and even slide a fair distance on the ground. It's one of the cases where a bug is a good thing.

That Johnny's stuff isn't that bad in itself, but they messed up Alt Cunningham acting like that god of death in the MOTB ending. They ought've integrated it better with the story, and made more relevant side quest chains, made Rogue more relevant and so on. Alas.

^ Top  
  7. KK1001 Arbiter

KK1001
    The actual game systems are bad: sneaking is too easy and never gets harder; hacking quickly becomes too broken; and shooting is far too effective for characters who aren't shooty (melee body, pure hackers, stealth). They really have a lot to change and it just won't happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Turjan Arcane

Turjan
    That was the only way I managed to jump off the roof of Konpeki Plaza when I visited that one in Act 2. You can even steer while sliding, which means I could reach the water even with course correction.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Mefi Cipher

Mefi
    waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
    Amusingly the call and response with the Maelstrom gang member is from a German musical, Dance of the Vampires. It's part of the Latin refrains in the chorus of the song Carpe Noctem.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Turjan Arcane

Turjan
    Going on to the multiplayer game, they would have to concentrate on the GTA-like elements. I don't expect them to overhaul the complete character system, unless it's about rebalancing and fixing the broken elements.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Fenix Prophet Vatnik

Fenix
    Now talk with Putin&Co, cause they restricted mobile payments for steam. I can't buy anything with my mobile phone, I need to use card, which I want to avoid.
    This shit happened 4 days ago.

• Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 3
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Holy shit Ethereum going bonkers again. I still have about 2ETH on my account. So did i just get 3090 for nothing ? I guess it is time to test that RTX shit in cyberpunk

^ Top  
  13. undecaf Arcane Patron

undecaf
    It’d be pretty unrealistic to expect that they would, which is the reason the game won’t be getting any better than what it is, what ever that might mean to anyone personally.

^ Top  
  14. Gargaune Scholar

Gargaune
    That's my take on it as well. Even if we assume that leak's remotely genuine, a big assumption in and of itself, Cyberpunk's foremost drawbacks don't stem from a lack of content, there's plenty as-is, but from its poorly designed systems. More, better polished content will incrementally make the game better, but it won't magically turn it into a great one. And, outside of some balance work here and there, maybe a spitshine on the AI, I don't expect CDPR to undertake any significant gameplay changes.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Went from Cyberpunk to Shadowrun Dragonfall and it's amazing what extremely good writing can do for a setting compared to mediocre writing, even when "presentation" is much less technologically impressive.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. DemonKing Arcane

DemonKing
    Only played up to where you "meet" Johnny Silverhands so far. Really enjoying the story and like stuff like the Braindance system. Graphics, atmosphere, music and sound are nice too.

Gameplay is "meh" though (although Witcher 3 was also pretty average in that respect). I'm on PC but this was definitely designed with consoles in mind first and foremost with stuff like the main interaction key being unmappable without a hack. Had a few glitches but nothing gamebreaking so far.

• incline incline x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Fedora Master Arcane Patron

Fedora Master
    We won't be seeing any major updates and reworks for at least 6 month, probably longer, so the issue is irrelevant for now.

They shot themselves in the foot anyway because the game is built in such a way that replaying it is incredibly tedious.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    I'm planning to do a new character in a year or so when all DLC and important patches are out, but yeah it does sound rather tedious because the actual gameplay missions are mostly a grind lacking much narrative motivation. However I also think you don't need to do all of it, or anywhere near all of it, and I regret doing as much as I did my first go. So perhaps playing it more to the point will be a better experience. Who knows. It's a shame as I do think that core gameplay... the sneaking and espionage type approach anyway... is solid. The game is just designed as if there was some kind of internal memo demanding it be the checklist busywork game to end all checklist busywork games.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Fedora Master Arcane Patron

Fedora Master
    I'm not doing the fucking Panam bitch boy driving around talking quests again.

• M'lady M'lady x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. moon knight Matt7895's alt

moon knight
    I missed this part. Miles Tost is a level designer. The fuck has he got to do with writing quests?

Leak is bullshit

^ Top  
  21. Fedora Master Arcane Patron

Fedora Master
    You didn't think it was bullshit when it said "ALL the bugs will be fixed after the next two patches!"?

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. moon knight Matt7895's alt

moon knight
    I'm fabulously optimistic

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. KeighnMcDeath RPG Codex Boomer

KeighnMcDeath
    While I wait for a few years maybe I'll play this mobile-looking game....
    Show Spoiler

Or NOT! Back to solitaire.

^ Top  
  24. WhiskeyWolf RPG Codex Polish Car Thief Patron

WhiskeyWolf
    Can't you also do that with double jump?

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Agame Arcane Patron

Agame
    Insert Title Here
    Its all downhill from there, all the good stuff is front loaded. STOP! now while you still have good impressions.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • No No x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.