Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
My computer is over 10 years old. Cost me nowhere near 3k. Maybe 1k USD - back then.
Runs Cyberpunk just fine in 1920x1200 resolution and looks beautiful.
Served me well with Witcher 3. Serves me great with Cyberpunk.

As long as you don't need raytracing, 8k resolution or 144kHz refresh, you really don't need expensive gear to enjoy this game.
In general I agree - my own GTX 1060 with a trusty i5-3570k runs Cyberpunk "fine", if by fine you mean FullHD@~30fps.

Yep, I don't need 60+ fps in my games.

Robber Baron

Savant
Yep, I don't need 60+ fps in my games.

I don't even need 30 fps in my games

8e5cbf9fea5770fc882a5272e649a97d.jpg

Gargaune

Magister
My computer is over 10 years old. Cost me nowhere near 3k. Maybe 1k USD - back then.
Runs Cyberpunk just fine in 1920x1200 resolution and looks beautiful.
Served me well with Witcher 3. Serves me great with Cyberpunk.

As long as you don't need raytracing, 8k resolution or 144kHz refresh, you really don't need expensive gear to enjoy this game.

A 10 year old PC costing 1k USD cannot run Cyberpunk 2077 at all today, you are lying. If any moron wants to believe you, he just needs to visit wikipedia and find out what kind of hardware was available in 2010 or earlier in that price range. Stop lying you fuck.

Huh, you're right. I upgraded my GFX 6 years ago. GeForce 980 GTX, serves me well. About 300 USD. The rest of my computer IS much older.
Anyway, no problem to run Cyberpunk on "moderate" settings below 1k USD.
Huh... funny that, my old rig had just over ten years under its belt when I retired it in April of last year. Only in-life upgrades were swapping a second HDD for an SSD and a graphics card upgrade midway through, 2700k/8GB/970GTX in the end. I'm almost tempted to unpack it to see how it handles Cyberpunk, but there's no way I'm gonna bother with the cabling just for that.

Anyway, the general consensus seems to be that Cyberpunk "Full HD" experience looks great and runs well on the high-end gaming rigs from up to four years ago, and even the mid-range can still cut it. On newer platforms, raytracing is quite spectacular but it unsurprisingly comes at a considerable framerate cost. At the other end, your mileage may vary on older hardware, but that's quite regular in the world of PC graphics.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Anybody who accepts anything below 60 fps deserves to be shot in the head. I've been playing at 60 fps for 20 years and i've recently moved up to 144hz where even 60 fps look like shit to me now, there is no way in hell i'll get used to 30 fps just because modern devs AND modern hardware manifactures have turned into incompetent mongoloids.

Gargaune

Magister
Anybody who accepts anything below 60 fps deserves to be shot in the head.
:negative:

I've been playing at 60 fps for 20 years and i've recently moved up to 144hz where even 60 fps look like shit to me now
I genuinely don't get this tune, is it an acquired taste, some sort of "you had to be there" moment? For decades, my target has been "above 40" and I can't really tell much of a difference beyond that, I'm just as comfortable at 50FPS as I am at 100. In fact, that's Cyberpunk right here, I was running Medium raytracing and realised I could spare the headroom for Ultra and still sit solidly in the 40-50 range even in busy scenes, so I did it. Is it something that I just can't see on my 10 year-old screen, or does it only come into play in competitive online twitch-shooters?

manifactures
Manufacturers.

GrainWetski

Arcane
I genuinely don't get this tune, is it an acquired taste, some sort of "you had to be there" moment? For decades, my target has been "above 40" and I can't really tell much of a difference beyond that, I'm just as comfortable at 50FPS as I am at 100. In fact, that's Cyberpunk right here, I was running Medium raytracing and realised I could spare the headroom for Ultra and still sit solidly in the 40-50 range even in busy scenes, so I did it. Is it something that I just can't see on my 10 year-old screen, or does it only come into play in competitive online twitch-shooters?
I could easily tell the difference between 60 and 100+ in CS 20+ years ago. You could actually 'feel it' while aiming. Literally anything below locked 100 would make it feel like you were in water or something.

Of course, now half the retards are using gamepads for FPS so they can't actually aim or hit anything anyway, so for them it doesn't matter since the game plays itself.

|NOVVAK|

Novice
I've talked with Gabe and he agreed to offer you an 85% discount on Steam (but only until the 5th of january). GOG agreed as well.

Now talk with Putin&Co, cause they restricted mobile payments for steam. I can't buy anything with my mobile phone, I need to use card, which I want to avoid.
This shit happened 4 days ago.
I've talked with Putin and he said that for buying games on western websites you are now being put on the list of possible western spies. To repent you need to complete CP2077 on a base PS4 and Xbox One while chanting "praise ATOM RPG!".

Yosharian

Arcane
Dunno if you guys have seen this yet but basically there is an entire romance for male V and Judy that's fully voiced, acted, sex scene, dialogue that makes complete sense, this is not fake news this is actual finished content that got removed from the game, I'll let everyone draw their own conclusions as to why.

20 minutes of dialogue/scenes

DeepOcean

Arcane
I keep seeing these clips from this garbage and i can't stop wondering how the fuck they managed to make it run like shit? It takes real skill to make something that looks so 2016 demand a 3K dollar Desktop PC to run properly.
Buy a Ryzen 3200G, orverclock it and run it with two sticks of memory for dual channel, lo and behold, you have an original PS4 on your hands. Man, CDPR rushed this release but in reality, they are in shit they cant easily escape from, they will really need to turn the potato game mode on to run on that kind of hardware. Some people say they managed to make Witcher 3 run on the Switch (my calculator has more processing power than the Switch), so maybe they will eventually achieve playable performance. (playable performance for console peasants being 20 fps).

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
Dunno if you guys have seen this yet but basically there is an entire romance for male V and Judy that's fully voiced, acted, sex scene, dialogue that makes complete sense, this is not fake news this is actual finished content that got removed from the game, I'll let everyone draw their own conclusions as to why.

unbelieveable man. why would they do this? the only reason i can think of is making judy bi would have meant more options for straight men than for gay/lesbians and you can't have that in 2020.
or this is just one additional last second cut but they won't be able to add the option via dlc now because then you'd have a kotaku article talking about gay erasure or something. now we are left with one choice for the vast majority of their audience who roleplays as straight male V (panam romance or no romance at all) but the resetera types hate cdpr and want to cancel them anyways. i've honestly never seen a company shoot themselves in the foot iike this before. there must some really retarded people making decisions over at cdpr.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Anybody who accepts anything below 60 fps deserves to be shot in the head.
:negative:

I've been playing at 60 fps for 20 years and i've recently moved up to 144hz where even 60 fps look like shit to me now

manifactures
Manufacturers.

You need better eyes then as the jump from 60 to 144 was quite evident to me, big enough to make me not want go back if i can help it.

Meanwhile anything approaching sub-40 fps is shiiiiiiiiit.

flushfire

Augur
Same experience but it isn't common to find similar opinions, I just think it must be me. I honestly cannot tell the difference between 60 and 75 hz, and although I can tell the difference with 144hz, it's not as life-changing to me as others would put it. Maybe I just got so used to 60hz being a budget gamer almost all my life. Or maybe it's just the games I play. Actually regretted buying into the hype that I sold the 144hz for one with a nicer panel but lower refresh.

Quillon

Arcane

for everything the game lacks/cut away whatever, male V & judy romance would sit at the end of my list

they shouldn't have decided to repurpose the game for keanu in the middle of production, most problems originated from there prolly

Drowed

Arcane
At this point, the romance with Judy is, for all intents and purposes, something "semi-official" - no doubt modders will enable this in the game. Even if the CDPR tries to get the files out of the game in the next updates, at this point anyone with the initial/original version has them. The only question here is whether they will give in and officially activate it, or it will remain a MOD / cut content.

LudensCogitet

Learned
Huh... funny that, my old rig had just over ten years under its belt when I retired it in April of last year. Only in-life upgrades were swapping a second HDD for an SSD and a graphics card upgrade midway through, 2700k/8GB/970GTX in the end. I'm almost tempted to unpack it to see how it handles Cyberpunk, but there's no way I'm gonna bother with the cabling just for that.

I've got 16gb of RAM, a Ryzen 5 2600X and a GTX 970. I'm running Cyberpunk on mid settings and it looks and plays fine. I haven't checked frame rates, but I haven't noticed any stuttering or anything (which often bothers me).

Gargaune

Magister
Hey AwesomeButton I found this

Steam version with 1.05 patch installed.
I never asked you - is this the animated or static version of the ad? I've never seen a static version of the ad with tits visible, only in the moment before the logo letters drop in front.
That's the animated one. The only other ads I've seen showing tits are the spread eagle one and, technically, the CVs that Australian boss at Clouds is perusing over his cheeseburger.

Tyrr

Liturgist

I've got 16gb of RAM, a Ryzen 5 2600X and a GTX 970. I'm running Cyberpunk on mid settings and it looks and plays fine. I haven't checked frame rates, but I haven't noticed any stuttering or anything (which often bothers me).
From what I read, having a SSD is one of the most important things. And the main reason why it runs like shit on the PS4.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Heh. Comment on Judy's ass in a wetsuit as a man and she slaps you down pretty hard. Drink beers on the tower with River after pedo-hunting and there's a 'kiss' choice and another choice with Kerry which one can only assume would make you his 50 years junior rent-boy. Both of these after tank-hijynx with Panam. Fucking degenerates.

ADL

Prophet
Male V worst V
Judy worst girl
lol who cares let me know when best V can lez out with best girl Panam
incline.png

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Male V worst V
Judy worst girl
lol who cares let me know when best V can lez out with best girl Panam
incline.png
Panam is definitely best girl but it's the principle of the thing, they recorded the fucking voice lines for fuck's sake.

Btw apparently they've figured out how to get female V to be able to romance Panam, no idea how well it works though

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Can't watch that Judy video right now but are we sure it's real? You can do that whole questline as a dude, you just don't fuck her at the end. I watched just the sex scene part and there's obvious clipping issues all over the place, so it wasn't "done." Wondering if it might be fake news but if there's actual unique romance dialog for a dude , then okay, that's lame. I'm sure modders will sort it out anyway though.

Thing that annoyed me most with Judy honestly is the "tattooed hooker chick is actually the very moral, sweet and sensitive type" trope.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Heh. Comment on Judy's ass in a wetsuit as a man and she slaps you down pretty hard. Drink beers on the tower with River after pedo-hunting and there's a 'kiss' choice and another choice with Kerry which one can only assume would make you his 50 years junior rent-boy. Both of these after tank-hijynx with Panam. Fucking degenerates.

Yeah, plus no romance option with our trap Claire, WTF?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom