Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wait, there's only
bosses in the game?

You can consider the cyberpsychos as ”sort of” bosses too. Or ”minibosses”, if you will. They are basically handled similiarly.

But other than those, I’ve so far found

Royce, Sasquatch, Woodman, Placide, Oda, Smasher

And as far as I know, most of them can be avoided somehow.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
The Cyberpunk sub went from "OMG this will the the best game ever" to "This is the worst game I ever played" in 1 day after release.
Case in point:

whenwordsarenotenough.pcx

wew the salt in the twitter replies. man it has to suck working at cdpr right now, it probably wasn't that great before but now in addition to wage slaving for crazy hours you are working your ass off for the most hated game dev at the moment and your fans expect some kind of no man's sky redemption arc which isn't even planned. the pressure must be insane. wouldn't be surprised if 80% of the devs leave the company just like after the witcher 3 released. they probably need to rebuild an entire new team to make the witcher 4, who knows if cyberpunk will even get any big expansions at this point.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Wait, there's only
bosses in the game?

You can consider the cyberpsychos as ”sort of” bosses too. Or ”minibosses”, if you will. They are basically handled similiarly.

Honestly, I really don't mind since the boss fights aren't exactly good. In my playthrough you aren't even introduced to
Sasquatch
, they just randomly showed up in what was unmistakably a boss arena while I was trying to stealth through the place.

I was like okay, guess it's boss fight time.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Honestly, I really don't mind since the boss fights aren't exactly good. In my playthrough you aren't even introduced to Show Spoiler Sasquatch , they just randomly showed up in what was unmistakably a boss arena while I was trying to stealth through the place.

Yeah, they aren’t exactly the pinnacle of fun gameplay. Very... ”arcade”.

I snuk past each I could, and actually found it more fun with one to spam around 50 slow overheats from behind a corner to the dude patrolling his arena while not paying attention to anything, than fighting him straight on.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
So in Nomad ending, you actually have a chance at living according to one optional dialogue I previously skipped.

orcinator

Liturgist
Wait, there's only
bosses in the game?

Did plastic and woody have any unique moves? I remember moving them down without a care (and I didn't even have a million dps "build)".

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Did plastic and woody have any unique moves? I remember moving them down without a care (and I didn't even have a million dps "build)".

Not that I recall.

With woody I just ran around the pit in the middle of the "arena" with him at my tail, turned and cast a cyberware malfunction spell and pop a few headshots. Rinse and repeat for about 10 minutes. Then he died, never doing anything spectacular. Plastic I can't even remember. He killed me once quickly and I was already so bored with the prior story events, that it was with him where I just spammed harm overheat from behind the corner until he died.

ChildInTime

Learned
0huQkqQ.jpg

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Out of boredom I did all the side quests, main quests, endings, and almost all the grindy, boring gigs. How many hours did it take? 66 hours. For all the game, including the grindy pointless sections. It's probably less than 40 hours only doing the normal side quests.

typical user

Arbiter
Wait, there's only
bosses in the game?
There are less depending of your choices.
What bosses are there beyond Hanako Arasaka's bodyguard and Adam Smasher?

Royce from Maelstrom who you can just shoot in the head during dialog which is neat. You can also sneak past him or Militech Mech in All Foods factory at the end.
The Animals leader in Pacifica defending NetWatch agent can be skipped too if I am right.

People just want to know what happened behind the scenes. Those rumours were spreading fast because everyone who bought the game or CDPR stocks deserve some explaination.
And what explanation they hope? "Well, we did turn our uberGTA we promised you into Cyber Far Cry because we didnt want to miss the 2020 window for our stock to not tank but we didnt tell you because you wouldnt buy it , what would make our stock tank even harder and also we were hoping we had enough fanboys to muffle the cries of the ones that are disappointed. We also are full with assets and code we cut from the game but releasing on the single player version would mean we would waste time and can't recycle them on the online version."

Something. I find it hard to believe they wanted to scam us. How can you lie to your investors during official call? I mean you can but you have to be dumb to think people will just ignore and let you cash out. If they were to say that yeah they did want to get our money the easy way and CDPR will be rebranded into another Orlen selling hotdogs then at least I could sleep knowing the ending of this comedy.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
I find it hard to believe they wanted to scam us. How can you lie to your investors during official call? I mean you can but you have to be dumb to think people will just ignore and let you cash out
from my experience the people that invest in game companies tend to not really care at all about the inner workings of the business or the products they're selling. They only care about the press and what kind of return they can expect. CDPR screwed up on the press front which is why all of a sudden the share holders care. Prior to that the share holders didn't care hence why they let the development run on for as long as it did. If they were actually interested in the studio they would've at least bothered to maybe call it out when we hit the 7 year mark. The pressure came from the platform owners because they wanted the game as a launch title it was not the shareholders as far as we know. They only started caring once the negative press started hitting.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Cyberpunk 2077 online will be cancelled and we'll get Witcher 4: Ciri's adventure instead. Remember these words.
It's more likely the other way around. The next single player game will be cancelled and replaced with a live service game.

Turjan

Arcane
Playing through the endings at the moment. It took a few fights to notice a certain armor issue - again.
ldj2bsR.jpg

Not that it matters much at that level.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
finished the game. the most whelming game ever. i enjoyed what i got, but certainly is nothing remarkable and i will forget it next month or so. it doesn't leave any lasting experience whatsoever, and people will likely forget about this too next month.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
There are Haitians and a Jamaican in the game, but are there any Niger Vulgaris? Did they go extinct or something? I don't recall seeing any of a common nigger.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
There are Haitians and a Jamaican in the game, but are there any Niger Vulgaris? Did they go extinct or something? I don't recall seeing any of a common nigger.

All people there are le 56% mutts, except this Corpo executive bitch, welcome to your future Kwans.

Which one, Miss Tightpants or the old woman you can bang?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom