Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Personally, I don't see all the problems with driving, I don't crash more than in any GTA. But again, I drive like shit in any game.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Best analysis so far
Nope, that would be this, I remind.

As of english reviews, at least.
A couple of russian reviews gave cp2077 quite a tasteful roasting, even torpedoed the "muh story/writing" argument.

This is definitely inferior to the other review.

Also, the guy is walking proof that no matter how powerful PC you give to a mouthbreather lardass grossly overestimating his own intelligence, in other words the average gamer with a "news & opinions" youtube channel, he will still manage to have technical problems with a PC game. He goes on how it was running badly on his RTX 3090 for fuck's sake. Well, he does look like someone who buys an RTX 3090 card for gaming.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

Also, the guy is walking proof that no matter how powerful PC you give to a mouthbreather lardass grossly overestimating his own intelligence, in other words the average gamer with a "news & opinions" youtube channel, he will still manage to have technical problems with a PC game. He goes on how it was running badly on his RTX 3090 for fuck's sake. Well, he does look like someone who buys an RTX 3090 card for gaming.

That's the guys who says that The Witcher 3 is like Skyrim but with more nudity and without the fun

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ok, ok, now follow me for a second:

1. He talks for hours about Polish videogames:

XiPUutH.png

2. He works with books:

VPUp4Zs.png

3. He sips from a giant mug:

6eSPRWx.png

Guys... I think we found Maxie

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

That's the guys who says that The Witcher 3 is like Skyrim but with more nudity and without the fun
Ah, I see. Thanks! :lol:

AwesomeButton

Patron
He is unintentionally right about one thing though - it's time for game developers to stop shitting out different-themed Oblivions.

Gamers themselves have gotten over it - ironically, by means of Witcher 3...

Zer0wing

Cipher
Best analysis so far
Nope, that would be this, I remind.

As of english reviews, at least.
A couple of russian reviews gave cp2077 quite a tasteful roasting, even torpedoed the "muh story/writing" argument.

1.At least he pronounces words, not bemoans them like emoknowsworst.
2.Game really stresses hardware a lot with RTX all on psycho, RTX 3090 not discluded.

In our region, RTX 3080 prices have crawled dangerously closed to RTX 3090 ones due to mining schizos buying all the GPUs.:lol:
So, it's not as retarded as it seems.

Turjan

Arcane
By it drives much better you still mean it handles like shit, right? The only thing in this game that I found somewhat bearable and that can be used as a means of transport are the motorcycles. It is still a bit weird to go 160mph then press brake 20m before a 90 degree turn and get it perfectly but you still are able to get the hang of it after a few hours. As for the cars, in terms of annoyance, their handling is only comparable with that of the horses in RDR.
Try that Mizutani Shion "Coyote". It accelerates quickly, brakes pretty much instantly, plus you can drive very narrow curves. And, unlike most Quadras, it's basically glued to the road. Did I mention it goes 199-200? The only downside here is the shitty first person view. The camera should be a bit higher.

Other than that, yes, the motorbikes are in general better than cars. It comes with the form factor.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
1.At least he pronounces words, not bemoans them like emoknowsworst.
2.Game really stresses hardware a lot with RTX all on psycho, RTX 3090 not discluded.

In our region, RTX 3080 prices have crawled dangerously closed to RTX 3090 ones due to mining schizos buying all the GPUs.:lol:
He is right about something else too -- he repeats that worn out complaint "There is a huge city but apart from X, Y and Z, there is not a whole lot to do." The moral: only create game worlds proportional to the amount of content you have. Don't spend years making a multi-district megalopolopolis if your main quest takes 20 hours to finish, and there isn't much else of note. In other words - set the "Horizon of expectation" correctly.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
He is unintentionally right about one thing though - it's time for game developers to stop shitting out different-themed Oblivions.

*differently themed oblivions continue to sell more than any other type of RPG bar none*

WHAT? WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE? I...I DONT UNDERSTAND

typical user

Arbiter
Personally, I don't see all the problems with driving, I don't crash more than in any GTA. But again, I drive like shit in any game.

Cars are too slidey and fly like crazy even on low speed. I guess this game has some sort of gravity/downforce issue (I wouldn't be suprised if it was another bug) or just needs polishing. Also vmax is too low but that's more because the engine would crash if it was put under heavy load of the assets. The rest is excellent, it actually made me realize most of the cars in GTA are glued to the ground, even stuff like huge trucks, vans or family sedans which should drive like an ass. Oh and the camera is too low in FPP, half the screen is car dashboard making people only drive bikes in FPP. Actually car handling is one the strongest points of the game bar small annoyances.

Codex Year of the Donut

*differently themed oblivions continue to sell more than any other type of RPG bar none*

They sell because the alternative is nothing.
Witcher 3 sold so well because it was different. It may have many aspects that the codex hates, but it still retained a lot of its cRPG roots which were -- completely unsurprising to many here -- very popular with normies.
Normies don't know what they want until they see it. To understand the current issue with the gaming industry, listen to Frank Zappa on the issue with the music industry:

AwesomeButton

Patron

If you actually listen to this idiot he cites the disproven Reddit hoax about the config file with VRAM settings. :lol:

Turjan

Arcane
Cars are too slidey and fly like crazy even on low speed. I guess this game has some sort of gravity/downforce issue (I wouldn't be suprised if it was another bug) or just needs polishing. Also vmax is too low but that's more because the engine would crash if it was put under heavy load of the assets.
It's already borderline. When I drive with 200 into the City Center, especially on a city road, the game comes very close to crashing. Hasn't happened yet, but it stutters for a moment like if it wanted to. There are a few other spots, but most of town has no issues.

The rest is excellent, it actually made me realize most of the cars in GTA are glued to the ground, even stuff like huge trucks, vans or family sedans which should drive like an ass. Oh and the camera is too low in FPP, half the screen is car dashboard making people only drive bikes in FPP. Actually car handling is one the strongest points of the game bar small annoyances.
Yes the first person camera is my biggest gripe.

AwesomeButton

Patron
They sell because the alternative is nothing.
Witcher 3 sold so well because it was different.
Witcher 3 reached and maybe passed Skyrim's numbers (whatever they may be by 2020), but it's a substantially improved version of the murderhobo formula, mainly in how it feels more hand-crafted, less sandbox, and with more emphasis on story and character development. This is the main thing normies have been after since Witcher 3, and the likes of Ubisoft and EA are trying to catch up.

AwesomeButton

Patron

AwesomeButton

Patron
You can see how Ubisoft reinvented their Assassin's creed as an "RPG" following Witcher 3's success. I think they even took special care to point it out in their development videos where the new project director (or whatever) was explaining how they changed the combat system and added more RPG elements (in reality MMO trash loot I think).

If Witcher 3 had been just another Oblivion clone but in 3rd person, they wouldn't have done that.

EA's intended "Skyrim killer", DAI, failed miserably in late 2014 and was forgotten soon after, when six months later Witcher 3 took the prize.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Of course you wouldn't.

how about you explain it to me, my genius friend
My point in the same post you quoted is that Witcher 3 is the next generation in the "normie-friendly RPG game" category, not another Oblivion clone. At least I classify it so, and my reasoning is in my previous post where I reply to Rusty.

Fantastic, I love Ubisoft-level garbage with next to no skill checks and the same boring combat for 70 hours.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom