Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Generic-Giant-Spider

Okay fixing the bugs and giving free DLC is cool and all but what of the CRUNCH?!?!?!

I am concerned, as someone that actually doesn't give a shit, about the ethics of CRUNCH cycles in game development. Reduce the goddamn CRUNCH, CDPR! You... you promised you would... goddammit... tears up and weakly slams fists into wall You promised!

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
also lol at their roadmap. Basaically says nothing. Moreover somehow they stopped developing DLC because why exacty and Multi is coming either way suckers.

ErpA8-_WMAUDNfV

I guess they learned their lesson about giving hard dates on anything and went to the other extreme. Patch 1.1 is dropping in ten days according to the video.

Also, free DLC delayed? What happened to theories they were just cut content purposefully left out some people were saying for Witcher 3 as well?

Bara

Arcane
It's all an elaborate ploy to hide the fact it was cut content by announcing a delay!

But I mean stranger things have happened so maybe thats actually true but only partially.

Turjan

Arcane
Also, free DLC delayed? What happened to theories they were just cut content purposefully left out some people were saying for Witcher 3 as well?
Free DLC is meant to produce goodwill. That won't work if players have more pressing issues. It makes sense to delay that till after some stuff got fixed, like the perks that don't do anything.

Learned
The roadmap is too vague and I don't want them to divert every major resource to making it work on old consoles in the name of "goodwill" and commitment. The game itself needs quite a lot of work, and while the PC version is relatively good, it's not exactly milk, cookies and a blowjob.

There are a few days to the first 2021 update, no? Let's wait and see what it'll look like.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Now this nigga is pure hyperbole there have been plenty of games like this Kotor 2, Vtmb, Arcanum. :lol:
Those games did not have the luxury of several years of development, 800+ employees, and essentially endless cash to burn.
That is the problem of the developer/publisher, not the customer. If there are two equally bug ridden games, I won't care if one is made by a small team, and the other with a big team. All I care is if I enjoy the game or not. Stop giving excuses to other unfinished games. If you chastise CP2077 for it's quality, there is no reason to give the other games a pass.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Right, so next we discuss whether C&C are essential for RPGs, because we have to compare CP2077 to Falout 4.
Nah, it isnt even a discussion, cRPGs are dead, there is no discussion to be had because the subject matter doesnt exist anymore. Once on a blue moon, a more serious pretender from a smaller developer shows up and we are so desperate that we cant really expect much anyway, so if you are going to have really incline tastes, you will need to make your own game.

How can you claim that, while some crazy Russkies are developing the most incline crpgs since at least 2 decades?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fuck bug fixes. I want more elaborated side-quests with diferent options, better itemisation, a functional police (MAX-TAC presence is inexistent in this game, a fucking disgrace) and more waifus. Am I asking for too much?

I'd settle for static loot and enemies (mods like Witcher 3 EE can achieve that), better AI - particularly for Police, yes.
If they implemented some kind of faction system with the gangs/corpos that'd be just gravy. Probably won't happen though.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Okay fixing the bugs and giving free DLC is cool and all but what of the CRUNCH?!?!?!

I am concerned, as someone that actually doesn't give a shit, about the ethics of CRUNCH cycles in game development. Reduce the goddamn CRUNCH, CDPR! You... you promised you would... goddammit... tears up and weakly slams fists into wall You promised!

Nobody fucking cares about crunch. Naughty Dog has a crunch culture and it just won 200 fucking game of the year awards. You think that isn't going to long-run help them? Fuck you for memeing about this

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Would you prefer another Fallout 76-tier disaster where they ban people for being good at the game because they assume they were cheating
I've never really cared about anything Todd has shat out. The only Beth game I've played for a significant amount of time and followed the main quest has been Morrowind, and I didn't finish it.

Now this nigga is pure hyperbole there have been plenty of games like this Kotor 2, Vtmb, Arcanum. :lol: and Im saying this as fan of those games fans dedicated their shitty lifes to restoring kotor 2 cut content and fixing broken vtmb...
1. What SpaceWizardz already said.
2. I'm pointing out the inconsistency between the CEO saying the company is "proud" of what they released on PC and the glaring presentational problems which nobody can miss if he plays the game for more than half hour. If dicks are clipping through pants, imagine the overall level of polish - both presentational and technical. Arcanum's engine had obvious memory leaks, and what did Kotor 2 and VTMB have? Whatever it was, it was a different era, different companies, different scale of projects.

The bottom line is that even with all the orchestrated humble demeanor, this message reeks of insincerity. You can't claim you are proud of a PC release where whole core systems are held together with band-aid (police) or are barely functioning, and those that do function, lack any balancing or feel like ripped out of a different game - which they are, ripped from an MMO which you didn't have time to ship. I also think this was an address to shareholders masked as an address to players.

Last edited:

Danikas

Arcane
The bottom line is that even with all the orchestrated humble demeanor, this message reeks of insincerity. You can't claim you are proud of a PC release where whole systems are barely functioning and those that are lack any balancing or feel like ripped out of a different game - which they are, ripped from an MMO which you didn't have time to ship.
Dude this is standard M.O for Cdpr Witcher 2 was released unfinished without outro or intro with missing whole act and some skills not working (just like Cyberpunk), Witcher 3 has obviously rushed and phoned in last act (Dijkstra going full retard, Wild hunt having 0 development even though quests for them have been planed, white frost solved by Ciri love powers, etc.) and some skills that didnt work till blood and wine. Cyberpunk state is nothing new for this company what's new is the backlash they got.

Take objective look at the games they released and tell me you are suprised with cyberpunk like they admit that they cut 50% of witcher 1 storyline to just get it released.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The bottom line is that even with all the orchestrated humble demeanor, this message reeks of insincerity. You can't claim you are proud of a PC release where whole systems are barely functioning and those that are lack any balancing or feel like ripped out of a different game - which they are, ripped from an MMO which you didn't have time to ship.
Dude this is standard M.O for Cdpr Witcher 2 was released unfinished without outro or intro with missing whole act and some skills not working (just like Cyberpunk), Witcher 3 has obviously rushed and phoned in last act (Dijkstra going full retard, Wild hunt having 0 development even though quests for them have been planed, white frost solved by Ciri love powers, etc.) and some skills that didnt work till blood and wine. Cyberpunk state is nothing new for this company what's new is the backlash they got.

Take objective look at the games they released and tell me you are suprised with cyberpunk like they admit that they cut 50% of witcher 1 storyline to just get it released.
I'm surprised at how bare it is. In Witcher 3 there is much more to hang on to than in CP77. I didn't play Witcher 2 at release but it's an unfair comparison - unfair to CP77 because a hub-based game could hardly manage to feel as broken as an open world game can, unless the developer really tried/didn't try.

I don't want to repeat again what I've written many times over but the part where things really break down is that the actors in the CP77 interactive movie look like amateurs compared to those in Witcher 3 and I find the root cause to be the always first person perspective which needlessly limits the camera distance and angle from the speaking character.

There is also the big issue of the world being much more condensed and activities being much located much closer to one another, which compounded with how samey and simplistic they are gives off the feeling of filler/trash combat. But I don't want to repeat things everyone already knows.

Both of those core design problems have either not been spotted - I doubt that - or they were spotted, but it was not feasible to adapt and change, so they just rolled with them.

Neither in Witcher 2 nor in Witcher 3 did cuts from the story affect gameplay on this scale. If we have technical and performance problems and cut quests in those, In CP77 we have cut and unfinished mechanics. It's a qualitative difference in the degree of "not being finished".

Zer0wing

Cipher

Suprised? No. Just infuriated that they keep getting away with this shit. And nothing screams more about Cyberpunk 2077 being in prototyping stage than what they call balance here. Player character should not be able to craft hi-tech stuff like smart rifles out of thin air by mashing together abstract colored "components" unless it's a Techie. And not out of thin air but using hi-tech crafting bench. Otherwise rely on other techies. It's even worse than Witcher series because it was actual components and Geralt only was able to craft consumables by himself and had to befriend some smiths to craft good gear.

Danikas

Arcane
Neither in Witcher 2 nor in Witcher 3 did cuts from the story affect gameplay on this scale. If we have technical and performance problems and cut quests in those, In CP77 we have cut and unfinished mechanics. It's a qualitative difference in the degree of "not being finished".
Dude you dont even know how wrong you are about witcher 2 and I dont care to explain when this dude explained it very well watch the timestamped section to understand how broken witcher 2 combat is.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Nobody fucking cares about crunch. Naughty Dog has a crunch culture and it just won 200 fucking game of the year awards. You think that isn't going to long-run help them? Fuck you for memeing about this

You give me lip like that again and I'll show you what real crunch culture looks like.

oils up

Harthwain

Magister
Free DLC is meant to produce goodwill. That won't work if players have more pressing issues. It makes sense to delay that till after some stuff got fixed, like the perks that don't do anything.
I thought the content wasn't cut to make a free DLC out of it, but because they simply didn't have time to work on it (they had to push their deadline a few times already)?

Turjan

Arcane
I thought the content wasn't cut to make a free DLC out of it, but because they simply didn't have time to work on it (they had to push their deadline a few times already)?
Oh, I don't claim to know their reasoning. I was just addressing the point why it would make sense to delay the free DLC, no matter what the reason is behind that stuff not being there now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom