Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Why would you need a 1TB SSD? Buy a 256-540 MB one, uninstall games you don't play. Simple.
Buy a bigger HDD to archive media (photos, films).
Didnt fit on my meager budget, had to sacrifice something and storage space was more important for me, maybe on the future I will buy one of 256 after the hardware prices return to acceptable levels here but I didnt see much of a point as pretty much 99,9% of games dont need a SSD for them to not fall apart, CDPR is cleary innovating here.

Well, usually I mostly play isometric cRPGs, often with area transitions (often 1 minute on a HDD) after entering every fricking door. Or after leaving every tiny area. Cannot count the numerous hours of the loading time the SSD has saved me. Not to mention these games are simply far less irritating -> therefore more fun with faster loads.

Readher

Savant
SSD isn't just about faster loading times between levels or whatever. It's also about streaming assets which requires higher bandwidth the higher quality they are and the more of them present. Open world games with high quality textures are the first to stutter on HDDs, especially older ones.

1TB SSDs were $100 during Black Friday in my shithole (Crucial MX500), that's certainly within affordable region for vast majority of people playing games, especially if you have hardware capable of running latest AAA releases.

typical user

Arbiter
Still the game was supposed to be released on PS4 and Xbox One which use HDD. I have the game installed on HDD and it barely holds together when I ride my black Caliburn through Corpo-Plaza or Heywood. Most of the scripts break. The game needs some serious overhaul of streaming data if riding at full speed can break UI or multiple scripts.

GTA V when I have Chrome opened with 10 tabs will stop loading traffic, stop loading textures (but keep collisions), it will postpone all phone-calls, won't allow changing weapons and it will take as much time as needed in loading screen to ensure everything is loaded correctly. CP2077 allows to close loading screens even when not all objects have been fully loaded. When it has trouble loading data it can force 2 characters to call you at the same time and have V play two different dialog voicelines (what impressed me was the fact the dialog UI adapted and I could see reply options for both characters at the same time instead of application crash). The most obvious is V's car during the montage which appears in low LOD and morphs in front of your eyes.

On the side note I am both impressed and baffled the game uses it's resources to render in real time characters on phone-calls or non-interactive cutscenes. Like why do that, waste precious resources on stuff which always uses same lighting, weather etc.

ChildInTime

Learned
I already posted Oda, but it turns out that even
Smasher
has unique stealth takedown animations, that's some attention to detail.

On the side note I am both impressed and baffled the game uses it's resources to render in real time characters on phone-calls or non-interactive cutscenes. Like why do that, waste precious resources on stuff which always uses same lighting, weather etc.

They screwed that feature too.. the 'video box' originally showed their own background, now it's just black.

..but at the end of the day CDPR showed their true colours when W3 came out, that was shredded also and there was the same kind, although not amount, of criticism at the time about that.... It's W3 all over again except 100x worse.

abIrDMy.png

:what:

That wasn't an apology, it was a misdirection change of narrative.

"We're happy with the game on PC".. well your customers aren't asshole.

Plus the fact that it's only bugs they are concerned about when there is fuck all to do in the "RPG" except shoot someone in the face, because they shredded the bloody thing.

CDPR can go fuck themselves from now on as far as I'm concerned.. even if they do release something in the future that I want to play.. I'm not paying for it.

Last edited:

That kind of bullshit is all over the place.. it usually signifies something that was torn out. It was probably supposed to be a braindance , when we were getting that kind of game... but then we got a GTA looter shooter... Fuck CDPR, right in the ear.

They spent eight years sucking my dick, only to spit it all back into my face.

Last edited:

MasPingon

Arcane
Somebody is really butthurt.

desktopscreenshot2020kokx3.png

desktopscreenshot2021gmk2o.png

desktopscreenshot2021gxj1y.png

desktopscreenshot2021qfja6.png

Never forget to take your meds boys.

You really are confused child. First you stalk me after I wrote about how Cyberpunk is a bad game, giving me even more retarded ratings in every post you could find and now you crying that I spend 15 minutes to give you your rating back. What an ungrateful cuck. Do you think I don't have anything else to do in work?

just

Liturgist
this battle of retarded buttons storyline is more interesting than cp story
i wonder what will happen next

compvet24

Educated
photomode-06012021-161259.png

photomode-06012021-160525.png

I am still managing to have fun with this game now and then. Feels like all of the 8 years of work went into the map, which is the best looking game I've really ever seen. Actual game is complete shite, I liked it at the start but it is too repetitive.. yet has some qualities that make it enjoyable for maybe a few weeks, then maybe some revisits in the future.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Still the game was supposed to be released on PS4 and Xbox One which use HDD. I have the game installed on HDD and it barely holds together when I ride my black Caliburn through Corpo-Plaza or Heywood. Most of the scripts break. The game needs some serious overhaul of streaming data if riding at full speed can break UI or multiple scripts.

GTA V when I have Chrome opened with 10 tabs will stop loading traffic, stop loading textures (but keep collisions), it will postpone all phone-calls, won't allow changing weapons and it will take as much time as needed in loading screen to ensure everything is loaded correctly. CP2077 allows to close loading screens even when not all objects have been fully loaded. When it has trouble loading data it can force 2 characters to call you at the same time and have V play two different dialog voicelines (what impressed me was the fact the dialog UI adapted and I could see reply options for both characters at the same time instead of application crash). The most obvious is V's car during the montage which appears in low LOD and morphs in front of your eyes.

Game's held together with sticky back plastic. Really wouldn't surprise me if the mythologised cut content was cut purely because having it functional would have finally caused everything to fall over. I have it installed on a decent SSD and the idea that its purely HDD with issues would seem flawed, to put it kindly. I've tried it on a 1600x + 1080sc and a 5600x + 1080sc (waiting on a 3080 as I prefer to play at 1440p) and both have the same issues as you do with how the game is loading on the go. Particularly noticeable with things like the overlay on the roads for rain when you're going at any pace but elsewhere too.

Takamori

Learned
Regarding the apology video its more of a video directed to their investor board for due diligence reasons, tell then they are working on rebuilding their rep. If it was consumer directed video it would be way more transparent and not going sideways with some negative aspects of the game in the core design.
In any way shape or form gonna wait either December 2021 or Jan 2022 to replay this game. See if they can shovel the pile of shit they stuck in the game.

rebuilding their rep.

A Sisyphean task considering their public image is considered so incompetent that they need oversight from a LEGAL authority to check that their patches are functional and that they are doing their jobs properly.

That's 2 FIRSTS in the gaming world they can claim. Redefining the definition of 'going gold', setting the precedent that it is no longer the very final gate to release, and being the first company in gaming history to require LEGAL oversight of their work.

Yeah... congratulations CDPR.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
rebuilding their rep.

A Sisyphean task considering their public image is considered so incompetent that they need oversight from a LEGAL authority to check that their patches are functional and that they are doing their jobs properly.

That's 2 FIRSTS in the gaming world they can claim. Redefining the definition of 'going gold', setting the precedent that it is no longer the very final gate to release, and being the first company in gaming history to require LEGAL oversight of their work.

Yeah... congratulations CDPR.

Meh, this is the result of a lot of bullshit dogpiling though. It's not like it's the first time a game has been launched on PC or consoles in an unplayable state or been pulled from stores as a result.

I mean, where was the government intervention on the clearly misleading and anti-consumerist practices by Warner Brothers with Arkham Knight? https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015...-pulled-from-steam-and-retailers-due-to-bugs/

Meh, this is the result of a lot of bullshit dogpiling though.

Actually it isn't.

You have to remember the phases of fundraising CDPR when through.. they got a shit tonne of public funds from the Polish government and didn't incluse the features that were promised. Remember the 'living city', that was their story and promise to get that money.

Yes, the Polish consumer authority had complaints submitted.. but the investigation is entirely down to the fact that the grant is considered 'on the surface' to be misappropriation of public funds.... and that's serious.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Actually it isn't.

You have to remember the phases of fundraising CDPR when through.. they got a shit tonne of public funds from the Polish government and didn't incluse the features that were promised. Remember the 'living city', that was their story and promise to get that money.

Yes, the Polish consumer authority had complaints submitted.. but the investigation is entirely down to the fact that the grant is considered 'on the surface' to be misappropriation of public funds.... and that's serious.

Hm, that's interesting. I was actually unaware of the Polish government's role in their funding the game.

Actually it isn't.

Hm, that's interesting. I was actually unaware of the Polish government's role in their funding the game.

The entire production history of this game is fascinating in it's ineptitude... also the fact that they signed away their first born in order to start the project from scratch (the beginning of the FP design and considerations of an MP game to claw back some cash) because they threw ALL of their toys out of the pram when they got hacked and an extortion attempt was made against them for the non-reveal of the work (3 years worth) that had been done up to then.... They are ABSOLUTELY controlled by a board of shareholders now.. not the case on W3

msxyz

Augur
In any way shape or form gonna wait either December 2021 or Jan 2022 to replay this game. See if they can shovel the pile of shit they stuck in the game.

There are rumors that GTA 6 will be announced this year; I consider the release of GTA 6 as the deadline before which CDPR has a last chance to make Cyberpunk still relevant to the market; after that, it will be game over.

Cyberpunk 2077 competitors are neither TES6 or any other open world RPG in development, they went for a GTA clone and they failed in a spectacular way.

There are rumors that GTA 6 will be announced this year; I consider the release of GTA 6 as the deadline before which CDPR has a last chance to make Cyberpunk still relevant to the market; after that, it will be game over.

Cyberpunk 2077 competitors are neither TES6 or any other open world RPG in development, they went for a GTA clone and they failed in a spectacular way.

*interesting point*..The GTAVI design has been publically announced as being influenced by CP 2077.. what does that tell you.

msxyz

Augur
*interesting point*..The GTAVI design has been publically announced as being influenced by CP 2077.. what does that tell you.
That it will be a buggy mess full of broken promises? :lol:

No, seriously if they've been influenced by what it has been told to the public by CDPR, in the past years, and they intend to implement those features (unlike CDPR), then it will be great.

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister

Actually it isn't.

"Your honour, the prosecution will show that CD Projekt's so-called Night City is demonstrably not a living city! Exhibit A: the citizens... They don't even see mudcrabs every other day!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom