Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
XmsHhtq.png

I am never wrong.
zz.png

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Good Christ.. Take a look at the first post for the sheer amount of stuff ripped out of this game, this should be on a frontpage somewhere.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/mentioned-but-missing-features-list.11050358/

Eh take a breath. Some of those claims are wrong and others are so minor it surprises me they're gripes.

Examples of things that are wrong from that link:

- "can't shoot through walls" - yes you can
- "boss fight with Royce in an early main mission" - unless he means something different than what I'm getting out of it, this is clearly wrong
- "shooting off limbs with heavy weapons" - is this list even real? You can shoot off limbs with a handgun ffs.

Other than that, I've seen a number of people saying that they're having a decent play experience on base ps4s since patch 1.06 although it still crashes from time to time after hours of playtime. Whether that's true or not, I have no idea, but I've seen it said more than once by more than one person.

Anyway, I still think a lot of this is hysterical dog piling. The only thing that might mitigate that thought is if they made specific and quantifiable misrepresentations in order to secure government funding. That's a legal question of fact and one that their lawyers can hash out with the government if it happened. Ymmv

Good Christ.. Take a look at the first post for the sheer amount of stuff ripped out of this game, this should be on a frontpage somewhere.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/mentioned-but-missing-features-list.11050358/

Eh take a breath. Some of those claims are wrong and others are so minor it surprises me they're gripes.

Examples of things that are wrong from that link:

- "can't shoot through walls" - yes you can
- "boss fight with Royce in an early main mission" - unless he means something different than what I'm getting out of it, this is clearly wrong
- "shooting off limbs with heavy weapons" - is this list even real? You can shoot off limbs with a handgun ffs.

Other than that, I've seen a number of people saying that they're having a decent play experience on base ps4s since patch 1.06 although it still crashes from time to time after hours of playtime. Whether that's true or not, I have no idea, but I've seen it said more than once by more than one person.

Anyway, I still think a lot of this is hysterical dog piling. The only thing that might mitigate that thought is if they made specific and quantifiable misrepresentations in order to secure government funding. That's a legal question of fact and one that their lawyers can hash out with the government if it happened. Ymmv

Well, I did say the FIRST post, didn't I?... and that is certainly enough to get one's rage muscles kicking in, and TBH it's not 'how small' the features are... because they all add up to something utterly alien to what we got and I don't think you could argue with that.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hm I suppose you did. I read that as first page. Either way, some stuff is missing, some more important than others. But since almost all game marketing is bullshit I tend not to pay attention to any of it.

The game experience as shipped is reasonable imo, outside of some of the more egregious day one bugs as made famous by the internet. I haven't experienced any of them so I can't say how widespread they are or whether they were resolved, but if they weren't, they really do need to be addressed.

Out of random curiosity, have you actually followed the gaming industry at all? Like, did you ever read what Peter Molyneux had to say about any of his games before they were released? Black and White? Fable? He was talking about growing trees over simulated years and shit. On the original Xbox.
Maybe have a look at the famed Dark Souls 2 downgrade. Or just google bullshots to see all the wonders of gaming marketing.

The fact that anyone thinks any claims CDPR made are egregious when they didn't 100% deliver strikes me as naive at best and quite possibly a symptom of terminal retardation.

Hm I suppose you did. I read that as first page. Either way, some stuff is missing, some more important than others. But since almost all game marketing is bullshit I tend not to pay attention to any of it.

The game experience as shipped is reasonable imo, outside of some of the more egregious day one bugs as made famous by the internet. I haven't experienced any of them so I can't say how widespread they are or whether they were resolved, but if they weren't, they really do need to be addressed.

Out of random curiosity, have you actually followed the gaming industry at all? Like, did you ever read what Peter Molyneux had to say about any of his games before they were released? Black and White? Fable? He was talking about growing trees over simulated years and shit. On the original Xbox.
Maybe have a look at the famed Dark Souls 2 downgrade. Or just google bullshots to see all the wonders of gaming marketing.

The fact that anyone thinks any claims CDPR made are egregious when they didn't 100% deliver strikes me as naive at best and quite possibly a symptom of terminal retardation.

...and Molyneux's rep is in the toilet. The guy is a laughing stock, a living meme.

Had CDPR only taken out some of the touted features and still given us a game such as we were TOLD to expect (with them profusely insisting that they cared about their rep and players... and they were 'reasonably' trustworthy at this point) then I think their rep could have weathered them through the brunt of the storm.. but we got NOTHING of the touted features.. Name one thing that is 'unique' to this game bearing in mind that mods and upgrades have been a thing in games for years and that the actual 'big feature' of braindancing is simply scripted story events and not the gameplay feature we expected.

There is nothing 'new' about this game whatsoever... and for a THIRD of a BILLION dollars, 8 years and 1000 employers, the whole endeavour is a waste of time except for only the least discerning of players.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Cyberpunk 2077 wasn't designed for modding, and the resulting difficulty for prospective modders means that it's unlikely they'll ever be able to substantially improve the game. That said, there are mods allowing access to an in-game command console, mods purporting to increase performance and/or reduce bugs, and a few mods offering quality-of-life improvements (e.g. better minimap, limited ability to alter PC's appearance, less bad vehicle handling).

Zer0wing

Cipher
Neither in Witcher 2 nor in Witcher 3 did cuts from the story affect gameplay on this scale. If we have technical and performance problems and cut quests in those, In CP77 we have cut and unfinished mechanics. It's a qualitative difference in the degree of "not being finished".
Dude you dont even know how wrong you are about witcher 2 and I dont care to explain when this dude explained it very well watch the timestamped section to understand how broken witcher 2 combat is.

Daaaayum. So much was lost in translation errors... On top of english TW2 sounding like a scratching on a blackboard in general.

Gradenmayer

Learned

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

That wasn't an apology, it was a misdirection change of narrative.

"We're happy with the game on PC".. well your customers aren't asshole.
It's damage control uttered in a typical, corporate language. The guy looks scary, like he's being held hostage by terrorists who forced him to record this video.
Game dev does that to ya
a0Q3e0v_460swp.webp
looks like he needs to eat some red meat

racofer

Thread Incliner
On the side note I am both impressed and baffled the game uses it's resources to render in real time characters on phone-calls or non-interactive cutscenes. Like why do that, waste precious resources on stuff which always uses same lighting, weather etc.

They screwed that feature too.. the 'video box' originally showed their own background, now it's just black.

..but at the end of the day CDPR showed their true colours when W3 came out, that was shredded also and there was the same kind, although not amount, of criticism at the time about that.... It's W3 all over again except 100x worse.

Plus the fact that it's only bugs they are concerned about when there is fuck all to do in the "RPG" except shoot someone in the face, because they shredded the bloody thing.

CDPR can go fuck themselves from now on as far as I'm concerned.. even if they do release something in the future that I want to play.. I'm not paying for it.

Shit went so bad on CDPR that it made me appreciate Skyrim 10 years later. What in the name of fuck. How does a company fuck up so bad that Skyrim looks good in comparison?

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Daaaayum. So much was lost in translation errors... On top of english TW2 sounding like a scratching on a blackboard in general.
The video did convince me - TW2 is also a turd when it comes to game mechanics. This gives me an explanation why its combat has always seemed so clunky when I've attempted to play it.

As for the English language - I can confirm that playiing any Witcher game with English audio results in a hugely inferior experience. I tried playing TW3 in English once and I couldn't stand it for more than half an hour - half the characters speak in British, half in American accent, Dough Cockle is doing a force Batman impression, simply horrible.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
On the side note I am both impressed and baffled the game uses it's resources to render in real time characters on phone-calls or non-interactive cutscenes. Like why do that, waste precious resources on stuff which always uses same lighting, weather etc.

They screwed that feature too.. the 'video box' originally showed their own background, now it's just black.

..but at the end of the day CDPR showed their true colours when W3 came out, that was shredded also and there was the same kind, although not amount, of criticism at the time about that.... It's W3 all over again except 100x worse.

Plus the fact that it's only bugs they are concerned about when there is fuck all to do in the "RPG" except shoot someone in the face, because they shredded the bloody thing.

CDPR can go fuck themselves from now on as far as I'm concerned.. even if they do release something in the future that I want to play.. I'm not paying for it.

Shit went so bad on CDPR that it made my appreciate Skyrim 10 years later. What in the name of fuck. How does a company fuck up so bad that Skyrim looks good in comparison?
The game looks like it was made in the lowest circle of development hell. The stupidest thing they did was insisting on overhyping it till the very end, as if they hoped that whipping the slaves harder and harder will eventually make them pull off the pyramid. Unfortunately it didn't work so they had to fit and sew together everything that almost worked and release it.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
- A few non-Polish staffers shared stories about coworkers using Polish in front of them, which violated company rules. Made them feel ostracized, they said... were their coworkers talking shit about them?

OH-EM-GEE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom