Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

CD Projekt's CYBERPUNK 2077 Release Thread - Concerned For The Consoles

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Sam Ecorners, Dec 10, 2020.

1. IThinkTheWorldShouldBurn. Novice

IThinkTheWorldShouldBurn.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. mediocrepoet Arcane Patron

mediocrepoet
    Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Eh take a breath. Some of those claims are wrong and others are so minor it surprises me they're gripes.

Examples of things that are wrong from that link:

- "can't shoot through walls" - yes you can
    - "boss fight with Royce in an early main mission" - unless he means something different than what I'm getting out of it, this is clearly wrong
    - "shooting off limbs with heavy weapons" - is this list even real? You can shoot off limbs with a handgun ffs.

Other than that, I've seen a number of people saying that they're having a decent play experience on base ps4s since patch 1.06 although it still crashes from time to time after hours of playtime. Whether that's true or not, I have no idea, but I've seen it said more than once by more than one person.

Anyway, I still think a lot of this is hysterical dog piling. The only thing that might mitigate that thought is if they made specific and quantifiable misrepresentations in order to secure government funding. That's a legal question of fact and one that their lawyers can hash out with the government if it happened. Ymmv

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. IThinkTheWorldShouldBurn. Novice

Well, I did say the FIRST post, didn't I?... and that is certainly enough to get one's rage muscles kicking in, and TBH it's not 'how small' the features are... because they all add up to something utterly alien to what we got and I don't think you could argue with that.

^ Top  
  4. mediocrepoet Arcane Patron

mediocrepoet
    Hm I suppose you did. I read that as first page. Either way, some stuff is missing, some more important than others. But since almost all game marketing is bullshit I tend not to pay attention to any of it.

The game experience as shipped is reasonable imo, outside of some of the more egregious day one bugs as made famous by the internet. I haven't experienced any of them so I can't say how widespread they are or whether they were resolved, but if they weren't, they really do need to be addressed.

Out of random curiosity, have you actually followed the gaming industry at all? Like, did you ever read what Peter Molyneux had to say about any of his games before they were released? Black and White? Fable? He was talking about growing trees over simulated years and shit. On the original Xbox.
    Maybe have a look at the famed Dark Souls 2 downgrade. Or just google bullshots to see all the wonders of gaming marketing.

The fact that anyone thinks any claims CDPR made are egregious when they didn't 100% deliver strikes me as naive at best and quite possibly a symptom of terminal retardation.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. IThinkTheWorldShouldBurn. Novice

...and Molyneux's rep is in the toilet. The guy is a laughing stock, a living meme.

Had CDPR only taken out some of the touted features and still given us a game such as we were TOLD to expect (with them profusely insisting that they cared about their rep and players... and they were 'reasonably' trustworthy at this point) then I think their rep could have weathered them through the brunt of the storm.. but we got NOTHING of the touted features.. Name one thing that is 'unique' to this game bearing in mind that mods and upgrades have been a thing in games for years and that the actual 'big feature' of braindancing is simply scripted story events and not the gameplay feature we expected.

There is nothing 'new' about this game whatsoever... and for a THIRD of a BILLION dollars, 8 years and 1000 employers, the whole endeavour is a waste of time except for only the least discerning of players.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    • Okily Dokily! Okily Dokily! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. karoliner Magister

karoliner

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  7. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    So whjich mods are essential at this point if any?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Zed Duke of Banville Zo Kath Ra Patron

Zed Duke of Banville
    Cyberpunk 2077 wasn't designed for modding, and the resulting difficulty for prospective modders means that it's unlikely they'll ever be able to substantially improve the game. That said, there are mods allowing access to an in-game command console, mods purporting to increase performance and/or reduce bugs, and a few mods offering quality-of-life improvements (e.g. better minimap, limited ability to alter PC's appearance, less bad vehicle handling).

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Zer0wing Cipher

Zer0wing
    Daaaayum. So much was lost in translation errors... On top of english TW2 sounding like a scratching on a blackboard in general.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Gradenmayer Novice

Gradenmayer
    Game dev does that to ya
    [​IMG]

• Despair Despair x 3
    • decline decline x 1
    • Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. mediocrepoet Arcane Patron

mediocrepoet
    This is the ideal body. You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.

Show Spoiler
    Peak performance.jpg

• incline incline x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. just Learned

just
    can add this one for cp multiplayer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    Executioner: "Any last words?

Marcin Ivinski: "We a werrry proud of our PC wersion!" :|

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. TheImplodingVoice Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

TheImplodingVoice
    looks like he needs to eat some red meat

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. toro Arcane

toro
    Someone at CDPR is hard into BDSM stuff.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. racofer Thread Incliner

racofer
    Shit went so bad on CDPR that it made me appreciate Skyrim 10 years later. What in the name of fuck. How does a company fuck up so bad that Skyrim looks good in comparison?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    It is not company that fucked. It is you who are fucked up who sees Skyrim as something good. Game has still gamebreaking bugs 10 years later.

• butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    You also said Trump will be president in 2020.

(ninja'd)

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Tyrr Educated

Tyrr
    To be fair. Trump was president in 2020.

• Participation Award Participation Award x 3
    • Yes Yes x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    The video did convince me - TW2 is also a turd when it comes to game mechanics. This gives me an explanation why its combat has always seemed so clunky when I've attempted to play it.

As for the English language - I can confirm that playiing any Witcher game with English audio results in a hugely inferior experience. I tried playing TW3 in English once and I couldn't stand it for more than half an hour - half the characters speak in British, half in American accent, Dough Cockle is doing a force Batman impression, simply horrible.

^ Top  
  21. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    And what a president he was!

• decline decline x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Necroscope Arcane

Necroscope
    Codex 2014
    The game looks like it was made in the lowest circle of development hell. The stupidest thing they did was insisting on overhyping it till the very end, as if they hoped that whipping the slaves harder and harder will eventually make them pull off the pyramid. Unfortunately it didn't work so they had to fit and sew together everything that almost worked and release it.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Button x 3
    • FAKE NEWS x 2
    • decline x 1
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • cuck x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    OH-EM-GEE.

• Funny x 7
    • Brofist x 1
    • How DARE you!?? x 1
    • Peaceful protest x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Zer0wing Cipher

Zer0wing
    "Muh diversity is strength" my ass.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.