Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
CDPR has never been know for quality of their product when it releases. Seems no one played Witcher 1 on release. And I don't mean Witcher 1 : Enhanced Edition. Vanilla Witcher 1 was borderline unplayable, combat was broken, quests were broken and even all the patches it got still didn't fix it. Enhanced Edition is how it should have launched. Cyberpunk 2077 is just CDPR simply just reminding us that they don't give a shit about the quality of their products.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Gabenoid has spoken

https://www.pcgamer.com/gabe-newell...hat-were-going-to-be-announcing/#comment-jump

"All I know is that there are a lot of very happy gamers in the PC space, which are the ones that are most visible to us," Newell said. "There are aspects of the game that are just brilliant, and it shows a tremendous amount of work. It's unfair to throw stones at any other developer, because just getting something as complex and ambitious as that out the door is pretty amazing. The PC version that I played, I had a lot of fun playing."

Codex Year of the Donut
Gabenoid has spoken

https://www.pcgamer.com/gabe-newell...hat-were-going-to-be-announcing/#comment-jump

"All I know is that there are a lot of very happy gamers in the PC space, which are the ones that are most visible to us," Newell said. "There are aspects of the game that are just brilliant, and it shows a tremendous amount of work. It's unfair to throw stones at any other developer, because just getting something as complex and ambitious as that out the door is pretty amazing. The PC version that I played, I had a lot of fun playing."
I'll take three copies!

msxyz

Augur
CDPR has never been know for quality of their product when it releases. Seems no one played Witcher 1 on release. And I don't mean Witcher 1 : Enhanced Edition. Vanilla Witcher 1 was borderline unplayable, combat was broken, quests were broken and even all the patches it got still didn't fix it. Enhanced Edition is how it should have launched. Cyberpunk 2077 is just CDPR simply just reminding us that they don't give a shit about the quality of their products.
I played it at release. In fact, if I remember correctly, I even preordered the Witcher 1. I do rember following news of this game from this unknown (at the time) developer for a few years (first screenshots / concept art came out in 2002 or 2003).

I don't remember any game breaking bug, maybe I was lucky

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I played it at release. In fact, if I remember correctly, I even preordered the Witcher 1. I do rember following news of this game from this unknown (at the time) developer for a few years (first screenshots / concept art came out in 2002 or 2003).

Guess you are also one of those didn't have any issues like Cyberpunk 2077 and it ran like a dream 110% of the time

msxyz

Augur

Guess you are also one of those didn't have any issues like Cyberpunk 2077 and it ran like a dream 110% of the time
If you read my past posts in this thread, you'll see this is far from true.

typical user

Arbiter

They do, their management does not.

I played it on day 1 in 2007 and don't remember anything, though maybe 3 patches were downloaded in the background during those hours of loading screens lmao. I replayed it recently, like W2 and halfway through 3 now with Enhanced Edition, but installed a mod "FCR" and THAT is unplayable, oh dear.

I just have luck I guess. CP2077 was fine, just microissues minor bugs that every big release has nowadays. Day 1 New Vegas was also stellar, "obsidian buggy lmao" buzzword was cringy for me back then in 2010.

Ok, RDR2 on day 1 PC could not start at all, but so it could not for 99% of customers :lol:

Turjan

Arcane

I played it on day 1 in 2007 and don't remember anything, though maybe 3 patches were downloaded in the background during those hours of loading screens lmao. I replayed it recently, like W2 and halfway through 3 now with Enhanced Edition, but installed a mod "FCR" and THAT is unplayable, oh dear.

I just have luck I guess. CP2077 was fine, just microissues minor bugs that every big release has nowadays. Day 1 New Vegas was also stellar, "obsidian buggy lmao" buzzword was cringy for me back then in 2010.

Ok, RDR2 on day 1 PC could not start at all, but so it could not for 99% of customers :lol:
Yes, I never played the Enhanced Edition of Witcher 1, only the release version, and I don't remember any serious issues. Finished that game without problems and liked it, boring swamp aside. What I remember is that the town had like the same six NPC's walking around. There you had finally a town in a game that actually looked like a real European old town, and then the cut corners somewhat diminished that impression. Plus, it was just a facade. Reminds me of something.
But yeah, "borderline unplayable" is hyperbole. And yes, I'm someone who had hardly any technical issues with Cyberpunk 2077, either. My issues here are on the AI or design side.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Yes, I never played the Enhanced Edition of Witcher 1, only the release version, and I don't remember any serious issues. Finished that game without problems and liked it, boring swamp aside. What I remember is that the town had like the same six NPC's walking around. There you had finally a town in a game that actually looked like a real European old town, and then the cut corners somewhat diminished that impression. Plus, it was just a facade. Reminds me of something.
But yeah, "borderline unplayable" is hyperbole. And yes, I'm someone who had hardly any technical issues with Cyberpunk 2077, either. My issues here are on the AI or design side.
Witcher 1 was a disaster for many, I had the game constantly crashing when auto saving. Can't remember the npc's name, but the npc didn't appear for a main story quest, which forced me to start over, having a quest item but the game not registering that I have the item. But CDPR fanboys ofcourse see no fault with any of their games whatsoever. Graphics glitches etc, etc. Still powered through the issues and I still think it's CDPR's best game. But I do feel that other devs get too much of a free pass when it comes to bugs. Obsidian comes to mind

Latelistener

Arcane
I played it on release and the only issue I remember is long loading times.

Yes there were others, but comparing this to CP2077? Are you out of your mind? They were developing Witcher longer than CP and it was a 50 hours RPG.

Witcher 2 is what you should be comparing CP to. It's a much small game though, was easier to fix and it only came out on PC first. So there wasn't much butthurt about the fact that they were selling an alpha version and Enhanced Edition was in fact the release version of the game. Although idiots were praising this as free content. By this logic every dev that manages to pull his game out of Early Access is a messiah.

Just for comparison, Witcher 1 had an intro cinematic on release and Witcher 2 got one only after Enhanced Edition.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Yeah, I played Twitcher 1 on release as well, and the only problem I remember was ridiculous loading times when leaving a house. :argh:

Twitcher 2 had no problems as well, buuuut, I played it on so ultra low, that I thought for 1 year the blonde girl was full of bruises. When those were actually tatoos. Very blurry tatoos. Sad.
Now remembering CP77, maybe having a crying toaster prevented me from fancy graphic induced crashes. :hahano:

Only had a toaster able to run TW3 when it was already überpatched, so it doesn't count.

By the way, from what I've experienced, Enhanced version only changed 2(two) of those "generic model" NPCs to... recolors of them :lol: Carmen and someone else.
Didn't the EE rerecord several dialog lines completely different? I remember that one guard, who was originally... "with speshul needs". Creating the dilemma if someone like him can be guilty of murder or smth. The EE removed that. Aaaand IIRC Geralt got some love as well, making him less... grumpy.
"Enhanced" Edishun my ass.

Yeah, I played Twitcher 1 on release as well, and the only problem I remember was ridiculous loading times when leaving a house. :argh:

Twitcher 2 had no problems as well, buuuut, I played it on so ultra low, that I thought for 1 year the blonde girl was full of bruises. When those were actually tatoos. Very blurry tatoos. Sad.

Despite loving both Witcher 1 and 3 (especially DLCs for the latter), Witcher 2 is easily one of the most annoying and frustrating games I played, gameplay/mechanics wise.

If anyone cares, I explained that: here

Only had a toaster able to run TW3 when it was already überpatched, so it doesn't count.

Since it looks like you played CP77, as of now I'll say it's a MUST to replay TW3 with "Enhanced Edition" mod. It's brutal, it will make you ragequit 3x more than any Dark Souls ever could, but fuck, isn't that one of the greatest gaming experiences ever made.

Didn't the EE rerecord several dialog lines completely different? I remember that one guard, who was originally... "with speshul needs". Creating the dilemma if someone like him can be guilty of murder or smth. The EE removed that. Aaaand IIRC Geralt got some love as well, making him less... grumpy.
"Enhanced" Edishun my ass.

Oh yeah that's true, EE of 1 was focused mainly on dialogues in English and its weird translations. Since I'm the Potato target market, nothing was changed, but I understand that OG version in EN was weird. Maybe not "Pathologic" weird, but...

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane

Witcher 1 was a disaster for many, I had the game constantly crashing when auto saving. Can't remember the npc's name, but the npc didn't appear for a main story quest, which forced me to start over, having a quest item but the game not registering that I have the item. But CDPR fanboys ofcourse see no fault with any of their games whatsoever. Graphics glitches etc, etc. Still powered through the issues and I still think it's CDPR's best game. But I do feel that other devs get too much of a free pass when it comes to bugs. Obsidian comes to mind
Eh, yes, you have to be a "CDPR fanboy" if you didn't experience any issues with the game. That must be it. Look, I don't doubt you had those bugs, but I didn't. I have no reason whatsoever to diss that game because of bugs. And it's similar with Cyberpunk 2077. Call it luck or whatever, but not everyone who doesn't have your shitty experience is blind to issues. If there are no issues of this kind for me, there's simply nothing to see.

And regarding this game here, I listed all my more relevant bugs in a post somewhere. One almost broke a quest, but could be bypassed with the quest finishing, and the other one was a quest item that was stuck in my inventory.

Last edited:
On a side note, while it's certainly a quest design masterpiece, like Beyond the Beef, I'd like to see a person who could break/not pass successfully Vizima Confidential because it's so easy and obvious. And look them in the eyes :hmmm:

Turjan

Arcane
Despite loving both Witcher 1 and 3 (especially DLCs for the latter), Witcher 2 is easily one of the most annoying and frustrating games I played, gameplay/mechanics wise.

If anyone cares, I explained that: here
Yean, I never got very far with Witcher 2. I just can't get into it.

funky_koval

Augur
Original Johnny concept art.

lea-leonowicz-johnny-silverhand-03.jpg

lea-leonowicz-johnny-silverhand-02.jpg

Anyway remember that random reddit "leak" from "game developer"

"Our original Johnny was heavily inspired by David Hayter's Solid Snake from the first MGS and believe it or not "

Could there be some truth to that?
Reminds me off that "You're a white male!!!" guy
AIDs Skrillex is his name, and it suits OG Johnny just as well.

Nah, this immediately came to mind:

1.jpg

carry on........

Semiurge

Cipher

I wonder if he's got some sort of stimulating neural chip that gives him immense pleasure when he kills things...? Because getting rid of his weiner seems very extreme even for cyberpsychosis, so its absence would have to be compensated for somehow.

Yeah the EE came with a retranslation and re-recorded some dialogue.

White Rayla's original VO was pretty terrible. Sounded like a bulldyke who was also a mongoloid.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
On a side note, while it's certainly a quest design masterpiece, like Beyond the Beef, I'd like to see a person who could break/not pass successfully Vizima Confidential because it's so easy and obvious. And look them in the eyes :hmmm:
I think the worst part of Vizima Confidential is that you can correctly resolve it entirely by accident.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom