Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

CD Projekt's CYBERPUNK 2077 Release Thread - Concerned For The Consoles

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Sam Ecorners, Dec 10, 2020.

1. typical user Arbiter

typical user
    They do, their management does not.

^ Top  
  2. Manjuice Nutella Arcane

Manjuice Nutella
    I played it on day 1 in 2007 and don't remember anything, though maybe 3 patches were downloaded in the background during those hours of loading screens lmao. I replayed it recently, like W2 and halfway through 3 now with Enhanced Edition, but installed a mod "FCR" and THAT is unplayable, oh dear.

I just have luck I guess. CP2077 was fine, just microissues minor bugs that every big release has nowadays. Day 1 New Vegas was also stellar, "obsidian buggy lmao" buzzword was cringy for me back then in 2010.

Ok, RDR2 on day 1 PC could not start at all, but so it could not for 99% of customers :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Turjan Arcane

Turjan
    Yes, I never played the Enhanced Edition of Witcher 1, only the release version, and I don't remember any serious issues. Finished that game without problems and liked it, boring swamp aside. What I remember is that the town had like the same six NPC's walking around. There you had finally a town in a game that actually looked like a real European old town, and then the cut corners somewhat diminished that impression. Plus, it was just a facade. Reminds me of something.
    But yeah, "borderline unplayable" is hyperbole. And yes, I'm someone who had hardly any technical issues with Cyberpunk 2077, either. My issues here are on the AI or design side.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. TheImplodingVoice Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

TheImplodingVoice
    Witcher 1 was a disaster for many, I had the game constantly crashing when auto saving. Can't remember the npc's name, but the npc didn't appear for a main story quest, which forced me to start over, having a quest item but the game not registering that I have the item. But CDPR fanboys ofcourse see no fault with any of their games whatsoever. Graphics glitches etc, etc. Still powered through the issues and I still think it's CDPR's best game. But I do feel that other devs get too much of a free pass when it comes to bugs. Obsidian comes to mind

^ Top  
  5. Manjuice Nutella Arcane

Manjuice Nutella
    By the way, from what I've experienced, Enhanced version only changed 2(two) of those "generic model" NPCs to... recolors of them :lol: Carmen and someone else.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Latelistener Arcane

Latelistener
    I played it on release and the only issue I remember is long loading times.

Yes there were others, but comparing this to CP2077? Are you out of your mind? They were developing Witcher longer than CP and it was a 50 hours RPG.

Witcher 2 is what you should be comparing CP to. It's a much small game though, was easier to fix and it only came out on PC first. So there wasn't much butthurt about the fact that they were selling an alpha version and Enhanced Edition was in fact the release version of the game. Although idiots were praising this as free content. By this logic every dev that manages to pull his game out of Early Access is a messiah.

Just for comparison, Witcher 1 had an intro cinematic on release and Witcher 2 got one only after Enhanced Edition.

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    Yeah, I played Twitcher 1 on release as well, and the only problem I remember was ridiculous loading times when leaving a house. :argh:

Twitcher 2 had no problems as well, buuuut, I played it on so ultra low, that I thought for 1 year the blonde girl was full of bruises. When those were actually tatoos. Very blurry tatoos. Sad.
    Now remembering CP77, maybe having a crying toaster prevented me from fancy graphic induced crashes. :hahano:

Only had a toaster able to run TW3 when it was already ├╝berpatched, so it doesn't count.

Didn't the EE rerecord several dialog lines completely different? I remember that one guard, who was originally... "with speshul needs". Creating the dilemma if someone like him can be guilty of murder or smth. The EE removed that. Aaaand IIRC Geralt got some love as well, making him less... grumpy.
    "Enhanced" Edishun my ass.

^ Top  
  8. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
    Yeah the EE came with a retranslation and re-recorded some dialogue.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Manjuice Nutella Arcane

Manjuice Nutella
    Despite loving both Witcher 1 and 3 (especially DLCs for the latter), Witcher 2 is easily one of the most annoying and frustrating games I played, gameplay/mechanics wise.

If anyone cares, I explained that: here

Since it looks like you played CP77, as of now I'll say it's a MUST to replay TW3 with "Enhanced Edition" mod. It's brutal, it will make you ragequit 3x more than any Dark Souls ever could, but fuck, isn't that one of the greatest gaming experiences ever made.

Oh yeah that's true, EE of 1 was focused mainly on dialogues in English and its weird translations. Since I'm the Potato target market, nothing was changed, but I understand that OG version in EN was weird. Maybe not "Pathologic" weird, but...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Turjan Arcane

Turjan
    Eh, yes, you have to be a "CDPR fanboy" if you didn't experience any issues with the game. That must be it. Look, I don't doubt you had those bugs, but I didn't. I have no reason whatsoever to diss that game because of bugs. And it's similar with Cyberpunk 2077. Call it luck or whatever, but not everyone who doesn't have your shitty experience is blind to issues. If there are no issues of this kind for me, there's simply nothing to see.

And regarding this game here, I listed all my more relevant bugs in a post somewhere. One almost broke a quest, but could be bypassed with the quest finishing, and the other one was a quest item that was stuck in my inventory.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    Literally nothing has happened yet the thread keeps going. Can't explain that.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Manjuice Nutella Arcane

Manjuice Nutella
    On a side note, while it's certainly a quest design masterpiece, like Beyond the Beef, I'd like to see a person who could break/not pass successfully Vizima Confidential because it's so easy and obvious. And look them in the eyes :hmmm:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Manjuice Nutella Arcane

Manjuice Nutella
    Gotta have the non-politics GD somewhere. 4 different games in 2 pages, that ain't bad :obviously:

^ Top  
  14. Turjan Arcane

Turjan
    Yean, I never got very far with Witcher 2. I just can't get into it.

^ Top  
  15. funky_koval Augur

funky_koval
    Nah, this immediately came to mind:

[​IMG]

carry on........

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Semiurge Cipher

Semiurge
    I wonder if he's got some sort of stimulating neural chip that gives him immense pleasure when he kills things...? Because getting rid of his weiner seems very extreme even for cyberpsychosis, so its absence would have to be compensated for somehow.

White Rayla's original VO was pretty terrible. Sounded like a bulldyke who was also a mongoloid.

^ Top  
  17. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I think the worst part of Vizima Confidential is that you can correctly resolve it entirely by accident.

• Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Old Hans Cipher

Old Hans
    it's like every thread that overstays its welcome. Eventually it just jumps the shark. you see like 10 new pages, open the thread, and it's just 2 people arguing over which Witcher game had the best hats

• Funny x 4
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Axioms Learned

Axioms
    In the lore for some reason Saburo's daughter got it on with Adam one time on a party binge. Which is weird cause she was theoretically the least psycho Saburo and Adam is Adam.

^ Top  
  20. Readher Learned

Readher
    It was his granddaughter, Michiko.

^ Top  
  21. Ruchy Scholar

Ruchy
    Does Michiko look like a cut of fuckable meat?

• Excited! Excited! x 3
    • Yes Yes x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Twiglard Poland Stronk Patron Sad Loser

Twiglard
    Strap Yourselves In
    MANPADs have a target ceiling of about 10k feet.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Citizen Guest

Citizen
    OG Johnny looks like Heath Ledger
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    Considering how awful the launch supposedly went for CDPR, I'd expect more communication from them regarding what they're going to do. A lot more. But we heard nothing relevant from them so far.

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Xeon Augur

Xeon
    Someone said they might be saying little because of the lawsuits so the less they say the better or something, don't know if its true or if its just coping.

Not sure what they can say as well, probably everything they'll say would probably be made fun of, for good reason as well, especially if its from the 4 dudes who kept boasting about the features before launch during the deep dives or whatever.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.