Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"Legendary" are not "Uniques". Iconic weapons are "uniques" and when you get them you get crafting schematics.
Moreover all weapons and armor can be upgraded to max level possible by anyone regardless if they put points into crafting or not, it is only question of money/parts.
Also stats, for instance smart weapon upgrading is limited by your int. Or that is at least the my impression of the bugged message {int_limit reached} that appears.

EDIT: also happened that I could upgrade again after raising INT stat.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Int is "integer" aka whole number like 12 instead of 12.999. Which means that whatever whole number (int) they set for limiter was reached and you can't upgrade it anymore. Weapon upgrades are limited by level you have.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The "{int_limit_reached}" stands for a string constant with a message like "Can't upgrade beyond this level" which is not referenced properly.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I know what hungarian notation is, but I doubt it's that in this case.

Also what are you "no"-ing me about when you can start the game and see for yourself that this message means a limitation of the player characters level?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Also what are you "no"-ing me about when you can start the game and see for yourself that this message means a limitation of the player characters level?

"int" means that the value is an integer, not that it can be up to 2^31 - 1 in game logic. You've got cause and effect swapped.

AwesomeButton

Patron

"int" means that the value is an integer, not that it can be up to 2^31 - 1 in game logic. You've got cause and effect swapped.
I was addressing what was written by Perkel:
Int is "integer" aka whole number like 12 instead of 12.999. Which means that whatever whole number (int) they set for limiter was reached and you can't upgrade it anymore. Weapon upgrades are limited by level you have.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, I know int could stand for integer, but iirc didn’t allow me to upgrade after I leveled, only after I spent the gained point on int.

I ruled out Int standing for integer because the integer limit for a possible value is way too high in order to be reached in game: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/cplusplus/cpp_data_types.htm (-2147483648 to 2147483647)

And also, the limitation Kev spoke about is a character level limitation, not intelligence limitation.

but it could be my memory failing me, too... need to recheck

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
They also could be erroneously emitting the level message when the item can't be upgraded due to other limitation. We're obsessing too much about it.

msxyz

Augur
I wonder what is going now inside CDPR but I bet the situation is spiraling out of control.

There used to be a bug where the H11 megabuilding travel point said it was H10, so you had two H10's. They apparently tried to fix that bug in 1.1 however now the H10 megabuilding is mislabeled and says H11, so you have two H11's now.

This is comedy material

Tyrr

Liturgist
I wonder what is going now inside CDPR but I bet the situation is spiraling out of control.

There used to be a bug where the H11 megabuilding travel point said it was H10, so you had two H10's. They apparently tried to fix that bug in 1.1 however now the H10 megabuilding is mislabeled and says H11, so you have two H11's now.

This is comedy material
It looks bad. I'm casually playing Gwent and the last patch was a disaster.
They delayed it for a week because a "game breaking bug", but it still was full of major bugs.
Ah, and no balance changes for a few months now.

Danikas

Arcane
Im finishing my first playthrough this ending mission with nomads is pretty good.

photomode_23012021_164kjxp.png

photomode_23012021_16yrj2l.png

photomode_23012021_16wojku.png

photomode_23012021_164djax.png
photomode_23012021_164xjah.png

DSW

Novice
CDPR should not have released the game on PS4 and XBOX.

I keep hearing this and it is a sign of denial, reasoning. "B-but maybe if they dropped this version the game would be better".

Look, this is what you can play on consoles, so don't tell me CP2077 can't be:

You'd better you follow the money.
Since CP2077 any flat shit with 3 men and 2 horses onscreen will never satistfy anybody.
Than mean higher production or marketing budget for upcoming games.
This is the reason of trashing CP2077, otherwise it would be saved as usual.
CP2077 has tried to feed us with rich beefstake, but it fucked up in some departments.
The rest of industry fed you with soya shit and made you feel happy. This is why CP2077 will never be forgiven. Capitalism is about to fed all with soya shit, not beefstakes. In this paradigma you should suck, but not blow up Orasaka tower. Seems, you have already took Vic blocators.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
CDPR should not have released the game on PS4 and XBOX.

I keep hearing this and it is a sign of denial, reasoning. "B-but maybe if they dropped this version the game would be better".

Look, this is what you can play on consoles, so don't tell me CP2077 can't be:

You'd better you follow the money.
Since CP2077 any flat shit with 3 men and 2 horses onscreen will never satistfy anybody.
Than mean higher production or marketing budget for upcoming games.
CP2077 has tried to feed us with rich beefstake, but it fucked up in some departments.
The rest of industry fed you with soya shit and made you feel happy. This is why CP2077 will never be forgiven. Capitalism is about to fed all with soya shit, not beefstakes. In this paradigma you should suck, but not blow up Orasaka tower. Seems, you have already took Vic blocators.

come on dude. if anything cdpr has been feeding us soy. cyberpunk 2077 is the definition of a soy game, most gameplay consists of walking sections and talking to people where your three dialogue options are

[ ] Yes (advance story)
[ ] get some more background info
[ ] maybe later

it's a movie game through and through. rdr2 might have not have a impressive city environment with ray tracing and all that shit but it has far more complex AI systems running underneath for pedestrians, traffic and enemy AI. cyberpunk has none of that. the whole game is being carried by it's presentation and the setting.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected

This is comedy material

this is what happens when one of the guys working on this is a drunk wage-slav only speaking polish and the other is a diversity hire from california with xer only speaking english

AwesomeButton

Patron
I'd much rather play RDR2 for an interactive movie game with action sequences, and as open world murderhobo simulator. Much less cringe and more complete systems.

Danikas

Arcane
Finished my first playthrough after 116H didnt do every gig or question mark on the map but I completed every major side quest, overall enjoyed the game even in the current state and will play it again in a year or two if they release singleplayer dlc.

cyberpunk2077screensh57jvk.png

cyberpunk2077screensh4wj27.png

cyberpunk2077screenshz7kig.png

cyberpunk2077screenshk8jh2.png

Terenty

Liturgist
If it was the case Rdr2 would've been trashed on release. You know, the most expensive production in the video game history?

Gargaune

Magister
Oh yeah: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37373/patch-1-1

Maybe at this rate it'll be out of Early Access Alpha and resemble more of a Beta by next year.
Eeeh... Nah, pass. Maybe later, taking a break from it anyway. Owlcat has taught me that it's best to wait for the second hotfix for each patch. But only if it's not a full moon or raining.

I got the reverse unfortunatly. 1.04 had the best performance for me, ever since then each patch has reduced my fps.
That was what I got last time I patched. I went from 1.04 to 1.06 and it cost me 4 FPS. Gave me a couple of extra degrees Celsius on my CPU as compensation. What an amazing fucking deal that was.

Quillon

Arcane

lmao. you clearly haven't seen/played RDR2, when shit hits the fan RDR2 can boast probably bigger gunfights than CP77 with NPCs having much better AI. Valentine, Saint Dennis etc also ain't no ghost towns, they are crowded af at certain times of the day.

GTAV running on PS3 and 360 was programing magic, CP77 on PS4 and Xbone should'a been easier job compared to that, especially with how stripped off features the state it released in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom