Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Gerrard

Arcane
I ruled out Int standing for integer because the integer limit for a possible value is way too high in order to be reached in game: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/cplusplus/cpp_data_types.htm (-2147483648 to 2147483647)

And also, the limitation Kev spoke about is a character level limitation, not intelligence limitation.

Replace QA with Users and post every time someone argues that "the devs know better".

Zeriel

Arcane
Im finishing my first playthrough this ending mission with nomads is pretty good.
That mission, at least the part in the screenshots, is only good because rule of cool. You get a hovering Baneblade and get to wreck shit. Otherwise, even on max difficulty, you can go afk for a couple of hours and your tank will still be there.

As a side note though, the coolest part of the game were the desert missions, tank included. Cyberpunk be damned, they should've done a post apoc/Mad Max game. :)

It's almost like the "dream" of a super dense cybercity is dumb and doesn't really work. No one wants to get lost in a hyper-vertical city in a game, the best way to do such things is as linear hubs with detailed levels, ala Deus Ex.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Decided to give it another shot after that big 1.1 patch and...... I honestly think it just added even more bugs. Like i had a firefight with some bandit, kept shooting him right in the head and he literally kept completely ignoring me. Never seen a bug like that before. Haven't noticed any performance improvement either. I might be wrong of course but people who think that couple more "big patches" like that and some minor free DLCs are going to fix this mess in the next couple of months are kidding themselves.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
So let me get this straight:
CDPR releases a 16 gb (!!!!) 1.1 patch, where the patchnotes would warrant 50 mb at best, and it does basically... nothing.

Even better: it introduces a new bug where Takemura calls you the moment you load a save and you are stuck in a neverending phonecall preventing you from actually playing the game. "It just works" (tm).
Don't patches need to go through MS/Sony testing before release? I guess they said "who cares, we pulled it from our stores anyways". :hahano:

And you ask why we keep this thread alive? This, THIS is why we keep it alive. The drama around this game is a gift that keeps on giving long after people have gone back to replaying F:NV for the at least 7th time. :obviously:

typical user

Arbiter
Started playing GTA IV as the amount of cut content in CP2077 and the bugs were giving me depression. Also hearing patch 1.1 broke more things it could fix and seems to be the same size as hotfixes made me switch.

GTA IV feels similar in a sense Rockstar has made it on a new engine and has some under-developed features:
  • very loud main menu music, no changes to audio settings affect it
  • inability to jog, only full sprint or walk when San Andreas had it figured out
  • weird controls for radio and weapons when the game has dedicated buttons for each gun
  • separate button for interactions and entering vehicles
  • detonation button? I guess this is related to car-bombs which could have own weapon slot or something
  • Organizer in a phone which is a gimmick
  • One mission teaches how to use cab by the start so you end up stealing a car to get back to mission giver
  • GPS tracking objectives through buildings or multiple floors taking from experience
  • Small selection of clothes and side-activities
  • very bad movement, GTA V feels much more precise and even that game has 'heavy' characters
  • GPS sometimes acts weird, shows you routes for adjecent roads instead from your current position

It's not a bad game. I trashed it back in 2008 since I missed the memo the game would be more story-focused than sandbox with story missions on top. Guess Rockstar also didn't focus their marketing on that part. Also I had a shitty PC, so low framerates did affect my reception.

Back to Cyberpunk 2077 though the most funny bug I had on 1.0 version were pedestrians falling to their deaths. I thought it were suicides as the game is set in dystopian future. For a moment I thought the game has self-learning traffic and AI connecting to GOG servers to download new sets of instructions. But then I realized when they fixed those with 1.06 that those were just bugs and the AI is going to stay the way it is. Eh.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
It's not a bad game.
It is.
  • The MC is extreeeemly unlikeable, seriously, you want to jump off a bridge and incline the world. I had zero, nada, null motivation to see how is life continues. The crappy fake accent might have played a yuge part, and I am not even from Serbistan to feel offended.
  • Endless driving to the missions, and the save point is BEFORE the drive. You die because the cover system is horrible of some freak accident? Drive again. They even planned that, because there is at least one alternate dialog for each ride if you have to replay it.
  • "HEY NICO IT'S YOUR COUSIN LETS GO BOWLING!!!" :argh:
The list of games I never finished is pretty short for me, most are so far in the past I don't even remember. But GTA 4, yes that one I do remember.

But hey, at least car handling was well done. CDPR could learn a lot from it.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
So let me get this straight:
CDPR releases a 16 gb (!!!!) 1.1 patch, where the patchnotes would warrant 50 mb at best, and it does basically... nothing.

Even better: it introduces a new bug where Takemura calls you the moment you load a save and you are stuck in a neverending phonecall preventing you from actually playing the game. "It just works" (tm).
Don't patches need to go through MS/Sony testing before release? I guess they said "who cares, we pulled it from our stores anyways". :hahano:

And you ask why we keep this thread alive? This, THIS is why we keep it alive. The drama around this game is a gift that keeps on giving long after people have gone back to replaying F:NV for the at least 7th time. :obviously:

It has obviously done something. I'm seeing much more stability on older saves which were crash prone, and I've yet to see the physics engine have a break down when I'd have expected to see it regularly over play time. Against that, introduction of more bugs as you say, and also they've gimped LOD yet further and that is leading to a lot more noticeable pop in and textures loading in as I look at them.

5gb Steam PC patch (think it was 1gb on GOG) had been sat there all week on CDPR's internal QA branch for Steam so would think delay was on account of the QA for Sony/MS. People keep expecting them to pick up on the bugs rather than doing what they really do and make sure it doesn't brick the console.

Zeriel

Arcane
But hey, at least car handling was well done. CDPR could learn a lot from it.

CDPR first has to learn how to hire employees. At the rate they're going just remaining an operating studio is gonna be an accomplishment.

Semiurge

Cipher
So, this is the 'big' january update? They could have called it 1.07 for what it fixes (even less than 1.04). Also:

They were running out of stuff to fix so they're now concentrating on small details :stupid:

Maybe they're running out of stuff they can fix, that is a pretty disturbing thought. Modders are our last hope, again.

Decided to give it another shot after that big 1.1 patch and...... I honestly think it just added even more bugs. Like i had a firefight with some bandit, kept shooting him right in the head and he literally kept completely ignoring me. Never seen a bug like that before. Haven't noticed any performance improvement either. I might be wrong of course but people who think that couple more "big patches" like that and some minor free DLCs are going to fix this mess in the next couple of months are kidding themselves.

Continuing with saved games after patching isn't ideal, how do you know that the bugs you get aren't caused by not starting a fresh game? Usually it's not necessary, but this is CDPR.

Dexter

Arcane
Hehe, 1.1 broke the game for me, I quote this post from CDPR forums:

Takemura call. He says nothing and stays on. I can't quick travel, use grenades or save the game now, so the game is unplayable.

Happened to me too :lol:. Didn't test the grenades or quick travel, but can't save nor make progress in the main questline. Back to ASCII games, I guess.
cyberbug77zcjef.jpg
buggerpunk771bj5w.jpg

Turjan

Arcane
Im finishing my first playthrough this ending mission with nomads is pretty good.
photomode_23012021_164xjah.png
Given that CDPR placed every single location for every single cutscene somwhere on the map, you can drive there even in the normal game, although there's nothing to see there. Technically, you will be forced out of your car at the Nomad Camp, have to walk past it and call your vehicle again (spawns at your butt), but you can go that way. The route across the mountain range runs into the normal warp feature, so needs mods to get past.
02U1zw4.jpg

When I said "every single location", that also includes Night City of 2023, which is used in some Johnny flashbacks and floats above the Vasquez Pass area. Even the concert is going on up there.

RepHope

Savant
Finished the game

Pros:
-Got the ending with Panam and the Nomads leaving NC which brought things full circle for my Nomad V which I liked
-I thought Johnny Silverhand was fine, “grumpy asshole” suits Keanu surprisingly well, but it feels like a missed opportunity to not explore more of his backstory via memories
-The combat was fine, probably the best CDPR has ever made. Guns feels good and have weight to them. I like the tech and smart weapons.
-I liked that in my Nomad epilogue, a lot of characters that I saved from the Gigs showed up like Benedict, that was nice to see
-I did enjoy Night City and felt like it was a cool place to explore
-I felt satisfied with the amount of control over V, would’ve preferred a Courier type silent protagonist, but I felt I had a good amount of choices in defining how he felt. Really liked the mission where you could define V’s religious beliefs
-I liked the cast you got (Judy, Rogue, Panam, River, etc)

Cons
-Jesus what the fuck was the point of all those street crime bullshit? I thought CDPR had learned from what went down with W3 but apparently not.
-Money is still fucking useless
-Melee sucks
-Augs don’t add enough to your play style. Where’s stuff like Deus Ex’s cloak or ability to punch through walls?
-Not any reactivity to the way you play. I wish there was more acknowledgement if you went non-lethal or not
-Loot still sucks but without stuff like the Witcher armor to bypass it, you can’t even ignore it now
-The perk choices were overwhelmingly lame, small percent increases in damage are always fucking garbage

Overall I give this an 8/10 on the gaming “journalist” scale. It’s fine, good for the most part, with a few glimpses of greatness here and there. They really fucked themselves over by not taking care of the bugs and that’s entirely on them, they were retarded and they’re getting punished appropriately for it. My hope is that CDPR will do some soul searching after all this and really take a hard look at how they make games. They got lucky with W3 but their luck ran out here and now they need to adjust. The top brass needs to be better at managing expectations, they need to either invest more in making the open world feel alive or abandon it, we need better and more meaningful skill trees and playstyles. I feel like Cyberpunk 2077 is a fine enough base to build upon, but it needs to be the launchpad for what comes next.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Is it shit?
There are only two aspects of Cyberpunk 2077 that are done well: the urban environment exteriors and the fashion clothing selection.

Much of Night City itself is brilliantly designed, with stunning cyberpunk vistas, as long as it's night-time or raining, but the developers, in their brilliance, set daytime to last for 18 hours and the weather to almost always be clear (I think the occasional rain and even rarer fog is initiated by reaching certain stages in certain quests). The game allows you to skip time by waiting, but someone playing without exploiting this feature would mostly see the bland, washed-out version of Night City that exists in the daytime sun. Importantly, the aesthetic design virtues apply only to the exteriors, as the interiors are largely non-existent (only a small portion of the buildings can actually be entered) and are generally dull.

The game does feature an extensive selection of clothing, with a head garment, two torso garments, a lower body garment, and footware slots, so that those players so inclined can play fashionpunk dress-up with their character, and take selfies using the in-game screenshot feature. However, the game lacks a normal third-person view, meaning that your character's dress (and your character's face for that matter) are invisible except in the third-person screenshot mode, the inventory menu, or when riding a motorbike. Even cutscenes, except at the very end of the game, are viewed exclusively in the first-person. And the itemization is terrible in term's of statistics and their effect on gameplay.

All other aspects of the game range from mediocre to terrible. And that's assuming the player isn't using a PS4/X-BoxWhatever last generation console and isn't experiencing too many glitches or game-breaking bugs.

Verdict: This shipwreck is good for what it is.

a3sxnm.jpg

Danikas

Arcane
Nice bit of foreshadowing I started my game as nomad and this was on my first car.

photomode_24012021_08nfk4v.png

and this is what we see in mikoshi at the end.
photomode_24012021_08b6kse.png

Alt also recites a part of “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock,” poem wonder what's the significance of that.

"Let us go, through certain half-deserted streets, The muttering retreats Of restless nights in one-night cheap hotels And sawdust restaurants with oyster-shells: Streets that follow like a tedious argument Of insidious intent To lead you to an overwhelming question. . . . Oh, do not ask, "What is it?" Let us go and make our visit."

Last edited:

Danikas

Arcane
There are only two aspects of Cyberpunk 2077 that are done well: the urban environment exteriors and the fashion clothing selection.
You are underselling the good aspects of the game not only exteriors are done well, interiors are also done very good with every place you visit during quests feeling unique. Then you have great soundtrack (both the original score and the songs that play on the radio and there is good selection of various music genres so everybody can find radio station that suits them). Art direction and presentation are also top notch with very good dialogue animations. You also have a good cast of characters with interesting storylines just wish there was more meaty side quests.

All other aspects of the game range from mediocre to terrible. And that's assuming the player isn't using a PS4/X-BoxWhatever last generation console and isn't experiencing too many glitches or game-breaking bugs.
The only real terrible aspects are:
-Non existent traffic and police AI
-Shitty loot and crafting system
-Glitches and broken perks
-Shitty pedestrian AI

But this should come to no suprise to anyone who played other Cdpr games.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
^^^
The Radios are all shitty zoomer music and have no soul to them because there's no DJs.
Character builds are nonexistent and you can easily finish the game without investing a single point anywhere because equipment always trumps stats.

Over a month of waiting for a nothingburger of a patch lmao
Dead game

Turjan

Arcane
Nice bit of foreshadowing I started my game as nomad and this was on my first car.
Alt also recites a part of “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock,” poem wonder what's the significance of that.
She will recite "Sailing to Byzantium" by William Butler Yeats instead of T. S. Eliot if you come as Johnny. Quite a fitting change.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Since CP2077 any flat shit with 3 men and 2 horses onscreen will never satistfy anybody.

lmao. you clearly haven't seen/played RDR2, when shit hits the fan RDR2 can boast probably bigger gunfights than CP77 with NPCs having much better AI. Valentine, Saint Dennis etc also ain't no ghost towns, they are crowded af at certain times of the day.

GTAV running on PS3 and 360 was programing magic, CP77 on PS4 and Xbone should'a been easier job compared to that, especially with how stripped off features the state it released in.
I didn't finish it, but RDR2 was incredibly impressive at nearly every level.
I remember sitting Arthur down to play blackjack and the amount of detail they put into a minigame was more than some devs put into their entire game. Spent hours just roaming around hunting and fishing.

Wasn't a fan of the main campaign but damn if it isn't the single best open world game I've ever touched. They could have just sold it as Authentic Cowboy Simulator.

And it was one of the most well optimized games I've played in years despite looking better than pretty much anything else I've ever played.

Codex Year of the Donut
I ruled out Int standing for integer because the integer limit for a possible value is way too high in order to be reached in game: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/cplusplus/cpp_data_types.htm (-2147483648 to 2147483647)

And also, the limitation Kev spoke about is a character level limitation, not intelligence limitation.

This gif summarizes everything wrong with developers, not the QA.
Imagine being angry because someone didn't complete something exactly the way you asked but still got to the goal anyways.

Turjan

Arcane
Much of Night City itself is brilliantly designed, with stunning cyberpunk vistas, as long as it's night-time or raining, but the developers, in their brilliance, set daytime to last for 18 hours and the weather to almost always be clear (I think the occasional rain and even rarer fog is initiated by reaching certain stages in certain quests).
While I definitely agree about the nights being too short and that rain could be used more often, rain isn't tied to quests, like you suggest. It's just rare. I had been playing only side content for a long period of time, and rain happened from time to time. If I'd take a guess, they toned that down because of their performance issues. Rain drags that down in most games I know.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This gif summarizes everything wrong with developers, not the QA.
Imagine being angry because someone didn't complete something exactly the way you asked but still got to the goal anyways.
It's a great analogy for CP77's gameplay as well - a bunch of perk trees and weapon choices and in the end silenced pistol + some sneaking solves every problem.

GloomFrost

Arcane
So, this is the 'big' january update? They could have called it 1.07 for what it fixes (even less than 1.04). Also:

They were running out of stuff to fix so they're now concentrating on small details :stupid:

Maybe they're running out of stuff they can fix, that is a pretty disturbing thought. Modders are our last hope, again.

Continuing with saved games after patching isn't ideal, how do you know that the bugs you get aren't caused by not starting a fresh game? Usually it's not necessary, but this is CDPR.
Are you honestly suggesting starting a new game after every single big patch. Thanx but no thanx I d rather not touch that polish turd ever again. There are plenty of great cyberpunk and/or open world games out there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom