Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The game has p. cool "They Live" -homage TBH.

0fPKOQX.jpeg

2ZpNRzu.jpeg

Certain NPCs also vanish in photo mode.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
All this does is skip AVX instructions check, which allows the game to run on CPUs that don't support it.

AVX instruction that game does not use but still it turned on anyway.
I remember exactly the same about Skyrim lol - I don't remember instuction, but it was all the same - it was on or off, and ate resources.
Nobody rememeber this?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
GF Now fixed that (playing GOG version). I'm sure paid version would look stunning and I actually might bite the bullet and pay 25 potatoes for a month.

Future is now rigth?
They will take away all our PC and laptops, and everything digital we have will be stored in THEIR cloud.
Tyranny takes a final steps.

Guys, CDPR finally de-crowned Bethesda!

They actually cut all the original classes and instead merged them into a single uninteresting class. The game even still has the nerve to call characters by their classes yet V never gets called by theirs unless apart of their lifepath but it has no bearing on their chosen skills.
Originally the game wasn't going to do that and Pondsmith was on record stating a build exists where the game had all of the original CP2020 classes intact. We'll likely never see that build but it does allegedly exist. Obvious CDProjekt couldn't handle it and so they just gave up. To be fair to them though they did pick one hell of a PnP RPG to base a game on its just people expected them to be a bit better at it than what they ended up doing and for that alone it is a massive waste of potential. This really could've been the game we were waiting for but alas it fell into the usual trap of AAA development. What a shame.
This game has no real RPG mechanics at all. I guarantee you, you can finish it without spending a single attribute point or acquiring a single skill - on the hardes difficulty to top it all off. I don't have a "build" myself. I've put a few into stealth dmg bonuses and a few into hacking and that's about it. I dont' even use those stealth related bonuses since there is an instakill option. I bought a perk that lets you move faster when crouching, but i don't think it's working at all. i don't notice any speed. i'm playing on max difficulty and i have no problems whatsoever.

Terenty

Liturgist
I'm actually happy with CP2077. No Man Sky 2 is as entertaining as the first time around.

If anyone is in lack of shadenfreude i highly recommend Cyberpunk reddit.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
I bought a perk that lets you move faster when crouching, but i don't think it's working at all. i don't notice any speed. i'm playing on max difficulty and i have no problems whatsoever.
I've noticed that too and you're 100% right there. I don't even feel compelled to max out any attribute so maybe its better to go jack of all trades in this there's nothing in the higher ends that screams to me that I want that ability badly. The cyberwear however...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
My fault for biting the bullet so soon, but maybe someone can give me some advice.
Maybe it was already written somewhere, but I'm not reading all this shit.

On my headphones I have a weird sound behaviour, where the front and rear channels sound very muted, barely audible. To hear NPCs talk well, I basically need to turn my side to them. And I almost can't hear V speak. Yesterday I got rid of the Win10 weird reverb shit, but the problem with directional sound and very weak front and rear persists.

Can someone offer any advice?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
game is unplayable accroding to my german friend:

Als ich die Gullideckel in Cyberpunk gesehen habe ist mir direkt aufgefallen, dass diese mit Beton gefüllt sind. Außerhalb Deutschlands gibt es sowas kaum bis nicht. Bei näherer Betrachtung ist dann Eindeutig um was es sich dabei handelt: Schachtabdeckungen der Klasse B125, die nach DIN 4271 gebaut sind. Siehe Foto(Text verpixelt um Spoiler zu vermeiden): Foto

When I saw the manhole covers in Cyberpunk, I immediately noticed that they were filled with concrete. Outside of Germany there is hardly any such thing, if at all. On closer inspection it is then clear what it is: Manhole covers of class B125, which are built according to DIN 4271. See photo (text pixelated to avoid spoilers): photo

377eckl.png

https://www.clark-drain.com/support/technical-articles/where-to-use-a-b125-cover
Screenshot_2020-12-11 Where to use a B125 cover.png

Screenshot 2020-12-11 16.57.30.png

Child of Malkav

Erudite

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Current Cyberpunk 2077 impressions. 7 hours 47 minutes.
Jank:
- Too janky for AAA. Virtually every aspect of the game is at least *somewhat* bugged.
- Poorly optimized no matter the hardware
- Audio mixing seems off. The dialogue is often not loud enough for the music.

Narrative:
- V has more personality than he/she should. You will always be an obnoxious lil' shit.
- Female V's voice acting is goofy. She's trying to sound "badass" but instead sounds like a young boy pretending to be older.
- Several EXTREMELY contrived story beats.
- I've no interest in Keanu or Silverhand, but it's at least 50% his story, not yours - the player.

Gameplay:
+ The city is huge.
+ There's tons of content
- The skilltree is boring. Many %-bonuses. There's not much to character builds.
- Can't hide the come fuck me arrows (objective markers).
- No universal character death. Can't kill those obnoxious YouTube "celebrities."
- Can't reject cyberwear. No purist runs allowed.
- Melee stealth build is comepletely pointless thanks to instakill options.
- Stealth in general is extremely simple.
- AI is braindead in many combat scenarios.
- In general, the game is very easy even on the hardest difficulty.
- Loot is entirely pointless.
- Char creator is limited
- Have not yet found many clothing options I like.

Other:
- Nudity censorship in-game no matter the settings or what was promised (Underwear bug/censor).

Current score: 6 (Subject to later change)

Re. V's female voice acting, being goofy and trying to sound "badass" - it's actually oddly appropriate for the character I've got, who's a Corpo out of her depth, but it probably sounds naff if you're doing a street kid or a nomad who's supposed to be genuinely badass. But it occurs to me that maybe I've drifted into playing a Corpo who's out of her depth precisely because of the voice acting! :)

What I'm finding most irritating the more I'm living with the game is, as some are saying - the UI. CDPR just can't do easily readable/functional UIs for some reason, you have to actually peer at everything to make sense of it and it's a bit headache-inducing; the layout doesn't seem to stick in the mind and become familiar. I don't feel I'm getting more familiar with the UI as I use it - every time I open up inventory or character tabs it feels just as baffling and fussy as the last time.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

The police response in Night City is really impressive. Surprised how it can be an crime infested hell hole tbh.

Lmao, yesterday I was killing npcs in front of the Afterlife bar and not a single cop appeared. The game is a buggy mess right now.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Never played that, but maybe? Thinking back to the "play it your way!" ads, I do seem to recall hacking being a big part of the stealth presentation. Seems like hacking vending machines and shit to pull guys away from the other guards and then choking them out from behind are what stealth was designed around. I just want to shoot dudes with a silenced weapon from the shadows though, and spec'd into agility and suppressed weapons, and it sucks a bag of dicks.

Also none of this addresses main missions putting you into all out combat gauntlets.
CP77 has genuine game mechanics problems, but lots of people's complaints are stemming from the fact they want to fit the game into a mold of what they imagine it should be like instead of letting the game inform them on how its systems are intended to be used. Someone has played Deus Ex, someone has played some immersive sim, and suddenly CP77 is bad because it doesn't copy the "right" play style that they are used to. The real problems get overlooked for grog whining. It was the same with the codex reaction to Witcher 3, so this shouldn't be surprising.

No, I meant in relation to AwesomeButton's earlier post, not the game effect (I also hate that). The Image Sharpening option in the nVidia Control Panel has two options, Sharpen, which is the strength of the filter applied, and an Ignore Film Grain, which I'm guessing is the amount of "noise" it will tolerate in the frame, since you don't want it applied to things like aliasing "jaggies" to sharpen them further. But I wanted to confirm what that would translate to on-screen.

The game has a film grain effect, you can shut it down on the game but when you use the Nvidia Panel, the settings in there override the ones on the game. So, if you wish to change sharpness, you will have film grain enabled as default and the result is an awful image if you go for more agressive sharpness. It seems that sharpness also sharpen the film grain effect creating alot of visual noise, the ignore film grain option tells the game to ignore the film grain bs. I have an agressive 0.80 sharpness and 0.3 ignore film grain and it works for me. The image doesnt look that blurry anymore for me.
Yeah, I didn't really research what "Ignore Film Grain" does, but because it was grouped with the sharpen setting, I assumed it serves to clear the noise introduced by the sharpening itself. If you apply a strong sharpening filter to an image you will see noise around the edges where one color passes to another. I assumed this is what "Ignore Film Grain" fights. Maybe it also has an effect if your ingame film grain is turned on, because both are post-processing effects on the frame, and I assume Nvidia Control Panel's post processing is applied after all the ingame post processing.

Thanks, that clears it up! I suppose the appropriate values might be down to resolution as well, I'll fiddle some more with it tomorrow and see where I get.
Do report if you find a setting that works well. Also if you are interested check the manual upscaling method I described. It works so well for me for 1080-to-1440 upscale, and the game run so smoothly now, that I think it's worth trying out for anyone who is running at around 40fps to bring him to a 60fps. I'll compare some screenshots later to confirm how much visual difference there is between the native 1440p vs the 1080p upscale + sharpening. Maybe it will stand out more in still screenshots, but ingame I barely feel any difference.

Thats your problem bro, all the low poly shit is thanks to slow boi hdd.
BTW GrafvonMoltke , this may unironically be it. I'm running on SSD and have absolutely zero LoD jump problems, though I still have object, shadow and light pop-in from the distance. These are the ingame values though and tweaking them while probably doable is something I don't see a point in until the game is at least somewhat optimized by CDPR. Here is the nvidia Witcher 3 guide which explains how you can get rid of pop-in by changing values manually in the config files: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide/

Imagine how many times this guy has been miraculaously healed if no one in the church is even noticing :lol:

God fucking dammit. Does the female V sound any fucking better?
IMO the female V sounds leagues better than the male. I'm playing a female nomad now after a couple of hours trying out a male street kid. I haven't checked but am willing to bet that the English V/O is the worst of all options, like in Witcher 3. Once again they can't afford (or maybe made a wrong decision on it?) good talent for English, but they have the best actors available for German, French, Russian, Spanish, etc.
I now have to go to the subreddit for nuanceless vituperative toxicity, what happened to this place? :negative:
It got invaded by reddit and 4chan crowds who think nuDeusEx is the crowning achievement of gaming and have the vocabulary of a 3.5 year-old.

Gotta go to bed, but I started over as a nomad assault rifle guy and here's a few thoughts:
  • Nomad opening is a way better and more interesting intro to the game than the corpo one, though they're both so short it doesn't really matter much.
  • Assault rifle standard shit works exactly as you'd expect and feels better for the game, though it's also, as you'd expect, kind of boring and simplistic. Shotguns use a different skill tree which is annoying.
  • Male and female V have interesting differences in how they talk and relate to people like Jackie. Nothing major, but the difference between saying something like "yeah bro I'm on it" versus "okay Jackie, I'll look into it." Not a big deal but bigger games usually have identical scripts.
Game in general after more hours... eh, it's trying to be an open world Deus Ex but suffers from a mix of typical open world issues (generic content, less well designed areas) and Witcher 3 issues (too much randomized loot bullshit, follow the marker quest design). Not terrible by any means, but not special either outside of its visuals and style.
My impression pretty much. I am really impressed by what was achieved in terms of 3D character acting performance though. Even in Witcher 3 CDPR had done so much with so little available to them technically, getting through via voice acting, gestures and what little face animations they had everything they couldn't get through with real actors. Now that they have so much more face capture and motion capture, the cliche about 3d models coming to life is much less of an exaggeration. Also, I'm hot on Evelyn Parker :lol:

The official Cyberpunk 2077 subreddit is interesting right now. Before the release it was basically a cult, now it's mostly pissed off people.
"Ta panta rhei kai ouden menei"

That's what you get when the dev/publisher releases very limited footage and promises a lot and you also ban pre-launch footage because "muh spoilers" and because mods suck CDPR's dick and fear DMCA.

First cope is lifepaths, then it's going to be dialogue, next come romances (literally 1 straight and 1 homo per gender, for a total of 4) and the final nail to the coffin are going to be endings. I've seen them all, and the seething will be glorious. I'm one of the (what I think will be) few people who's actually happy with one of them, but I can see vast majority of people being angry as hell.
"They took our waifus, gamers rise!" Yeah, it's buggy, but come on.

Certain NPCs also vanish in photo mode.
They are shy of the camera. :lol:

My fault for biting the bullet so soon, but maybe someone can give me some advice.
Maybe it was already written somewhere, but I'm not reading all this shit.

On my headphones I have a weird sound behaviour, where the front and rear channels sound very muted, barely audible. To hear NPCs talk well, I basically need to turn my side to them. And I almost can't hear V speak. Yesterday I got rid of the Win10 weird reverb shit, but the problem with directional sound and very weak front and rear persists.

Can someone offer any advice?
Search this thread for "44 Khz" or something like that. I think it's in the first 10 pages or so.
There it is:

played through prologue, arriving at home but audio is fucked won't continue until they fix it

and its not the crackling issue which has been mentioned with a fix, its this:

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/sound-issues.11040671/

ffs / edit: fixed it, solution is in the above link.

other than that, game seems to be well optimized; playing at default high settings all around with rx 580 and an i5 4460(under minimum specs)

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Okay, all of you closet console retards pretending to be prestigious tune in:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom