Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Gargaune

Magister
SHIT AI, Shit Story, SHIT Rpg Mechanics, Butt Ugly fucking graphics, needs a $1000 graphics card 3080 TI to even play at Max graphics with reasonable performance
Online manichaeism is a perpetual source of wonder. As it applies to the Codex, something can be either Shit or Great an RPG, there is nothing in between. Take Cyberpunked - lament the dreadful AI and mechanics, by all means, but how has your skull survived the blow needed to call the visuals "shit?" Or to whine that max settings need max hardware?

It's like some sort of Blood War incarnate, but instead of blood, it's shit.

bloodcodex.jpg

Last edited:

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
Did the Suicide and Arasaka endings. Suicide is, well, you shoot yourself, and everyone is mad. Even ViK and Misty even though he literally gives you a gun? Like sure maybe V should talk to them more but ehhh? Panam throws a fit but girl you came on to me first I stood away.

Arasaka ending is fucking torture. Literally. Game makes you do the tests over and over and Arasaka can't fix you. Get a choice of becoming an engram or going back to Earth, I tell V to go back to Earth. Goro's happy at least and oh a pandora's box is open as Yorinbu gets subseded by his father's Engram. Hanako doesn't give a shit about you of course as soon as it's over. I think they're fuckin'. Gotta keep it in the family...?

nhBmruC.png

I would rank this as the 'worst' ending as the Company gets everything and V gets nothing, not even some Eddies, for the trouble, and Johnny is most likely destroyed.

Gm3dbw8.png

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Seeing other people's screenshots always makes me realize how hillarious my ending cutscenes looked.
While every NPC looked as high rez-ish as for me as for everyone else, the moment V came in view it looked like I was playing... Saints Row 3.
Purple hair and buggy TAA making the whole thing strangely pixelated.
6th 3rd Street represent! :obviously:

Sad.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
If you have a problem with Saints Row 3
Wut. No, I made the Street Kid on purpose to look like Laura Bailey my spunky womynboss from SR3.
And because the graphics bugged out when V happily ran towards the window, it even looked like I had been playing SR3 all along. :hahano:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I would rank this as the 'worst' ending as the Company gets everything and V gets nothing, not even some Eddies, for the trouble, and Johnny is most likely destroyed.

Depends on how you look at it. It's an ending where V retains hir humanity (if s/he hasn't hit it off with Panam, and if s/he never trusted Johnny and thought he was a program trying to fool hir). It's a good ending if you're sick of all the transhumanist bs. I'd say it's a bittersweet ending - and the phone calls reflect that.

Also, Hanako doesn't forget about you, in the phone calls at the end, she
asks if you'd be interested in being lucratively hired as an Arasaka merc for the last 6 months of your life.
:)

Learned
Back to 79% positive from 78% on Steam. There's no way to go but up now, at least until the "completely optional" multiplayer mode with its "completely optional" microtransactions.

Shows what I know. Recent reviews are at 69%, pushed down to mixed from positive. Overall is at 78%.

:thisisfine:

Harthwain

Magister
Should complement this with reaction to fem-V to nail down how terrible the character is.
Wasn't she designed to be a lesbian character female V can romance with? From that point of view it does make sense. Other than that you could tie up her reaction to charisma stat or sex-appeal perk, or something like that, but this would mean extra work, so I am not surprised they went for the path of the least work.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
Should complement this with reaction to fem-V to nail down how terrible the character is.
Wasn't she designed to be a lesbian character female V can romance with? From that point of view it does make sense. Other than that you could tie up her reaction to charisma stat or sex-appeal perk, or something like that, but this would mean extra work, so I am not surprised they went for the path of the least work.

i don't know i think her reaction to male V is completly retarded. say i have a gay friend who i know is horny because he tried to flirt with me on multiple occasions. say said friend did all these things for me like he saved someone i cared about and even murdered for me without asking for anything back, basically risked his life for me multiple times. say i'm kinda retarded and instead of going out to a regular bar with some other friends in tow and buying this guy some beers as a thank you i invite him to this place

maxresdefault.jpg

on a 1 on 1 date and he notices my bulge because i put on a men's thong and he's like "nice cock bro", do i really have the right to be triggered and complain? everyone would call me a retard and an asshole but judy does the exact same thing and it's totally different because she's a strong independent womyn and i looked at her ass with my toxic straight male gaze.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
on a 1 on 1 date and he notices my bulge because i put on a men's thong and he's like "nice cock bro", do i really have the right to be triggered and complain? everyone would call me a retard and an asshole but judy does the exact same thing and it's totally different because she's a strong independent womyn and i looked at her ass with my toxic straight male gaze.

I bet Judy ogles the asses of straight women all the time, the little hypocrite.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected

I bet Judy ogles the asses of straight women all the time, the little hypocrite.

exactly. if she was just like "hey thanks. you can look as much as you want because you've earned it but don't touch you know i only like pussy", it would have made her 10x more likeable but no she's like "RRRRRREEEEE don't you dare look at my ass you fucking cis straight male, this is literally rape!!"
the fact that she asks a her horny straight friend to go on a romantic diving date with her could just be excused by the fact that she's kinda low iq or something or because she basically never interacts with straight men so she doesn't know any better

Harthwain

Magister
everyone would call me a retard and an asshole but judy does the exact same thing and it's totally different because she's a strong independent womyn and i looked at her ass with my toxic straight male gaze.
I have a feeling that even as straight she would've said the same thing. How that joke went? "If he's hot, then it's called being sexy. If he's not, then it's called being creepy/sexual abuse"? Still, it is not unrealistic as it does fit into behaviour of some women. She is certainly in the game to tick specific boxes, there is no doubt about it.

Edit:
What I am trying to say is this: she is not a failure on the part of designers. She is a success, because she was meant to be that way. So I can't really agree that the character is terrible (as in: terribly written). It's like saying that Joffrey is terrible, because he acts terrible, but that was the whole point of the character.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Her choice of words is just... off. She could just say 'Knock it off asshole' and it would sound much more natural. Instead she sounds like a Tumblr feminist about to give V a lecture. Or maybe she's going to post on whatever version of Twitter they have about how she is literally shaking rn that some toxic dude wouldn't stop staring at her ass, and also fuck the patriarchy.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The whole Judy romance felt tacked on anyway.
She is pretty hostile to you all the time, and her peck after clouds is just a friendly thanks, and only if you you go through with her pipedream outcome idea for it.
Then Johnny tells V she has been undressing her with her eyes all night...wut. Yeah sure.

Problem is, Judy's story is set in stone regardless what you do.
Maeko "betrays" her, Eve dies, her idealistic Cloud plan gets bad, Judy gives up and leaves the city. Period.
It just get slightly altered in a half-assed way if you stray from the writer's grand plan.
You solve Cloud the Maeko way? She still turns it into a bad outcome, even though the notes in Maekos office clearly show she is a good boss who values employees and rewards them with raises or other perks. No, IT'S BAD SHADDUP!
You romance her? She is so in love with you to postpone her leaving for... a few days. Then leaves with or without you.
Even more ridiculous in the Avocado ending. She just tags along behind you somewhere, while you have a romantic stargazing moment with Dat_Ass on a tank...
Excuse me? Judy is such a jealous stalker GF, she would ram the tank and climb up. :hahano:

Even worse with River or Kerry. Kerry repeatedly backs away from a kiss, because... he remembers he is gay at the last moment? River goes from "let's have dinner as thank you" to "can we marry now" clingy schoolboy in 5 mins...

Like the rest of the game: rushed, rushed, rushed, rushed. Sad. :cry:

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Problem is, Judy's story is set in stone regardless what you do.
Maeko "betrays" her, Eve dies, her idealistic Cloud plan gets bad, Judy gives up and leaves the city. Period.
It just get slightly altered in a half-assed way if you stray from the writer's grand plan.
You solve Cloud the Maeko way? She still turns it into a bad outcome, even though the notes in Maekos office clearly show she is a good boss who values employees and rewards them with raises or other perks. No, IT'S BAD SHADDUP!

What you thought this game was? A RPG ? A game with player agency ? Lmao. You see the story the way CDPR wants and you gonna like.

Gargaune

Magister
Like the rest of the game: rushed, rushed, rushed, rushed. Sad. :cry:
I think they went overboard with the "human moments", trying to replicate some of their Witcher 3 scenes without the necessary context. When Geralt and Ciri have their snowball fight, you get what's going on, you are aware of the long relationship between those two and you've seen their dynamic for yourself, you understand why Ciri needs a pick-me-up and why Geralt might care to oblige. By comparison, V seems to form attachments on Fast Forward and it doesn't help that many of the supporting cast are exceptionally infantile, which in turn reflects poorly on the protagonist.

I get that it's meant to be "high tech and low life", but why a professional mercenary keeps pulling freebie scores for "chooms" met two days prior is baffling.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Also, Hanako doesn't forget about you, in the phone calls at the end, she asks if you'd be interested in being lucratively hired as an Arasaka merc for the last 6 months of your life.
If only. IIRC V gets told she now has only 3 weeks left after the failed healing.
Bitch I don't need your alms, V has looted enough eddies to spend the rest of her life like a rockstar, making Johnny proud, then go down in a blaze of glory. Blowing herself up while riding the rollercoaster or smth. :obviously:

Although judging by the vidcalls she must have already blown up in her SpaceX on reentry, since none of her friends acknowledges her being still alive... :hahano:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
but why a professional mercenary keeps pulling freebie scores for "chooms" met two days prior is baffling.
V horny. V sooo horny.
All the blood went south.

Getting repeatedly blueballed by PanASS made me really wish she had spent more points in body to fit a bloodpump and prevent that tho. :hahano:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Also, Hanako doesn't forget about you, in the phone calls at the end, she asks if you'd be interested in being lucratively hired as an Arasaka merc for the last 6 months of your life.
If only. IIRC V gets told she now has only 3 weeks left after the failed healing.
Bitch I don't need your alms, V has looted enough eddies to spend the rest of her life like a rockstar, making Johnny proud, then go down in a blaze of glory. Blowing herself up while riding the rollercoaster or smth. :obviously:

Although judging by the vidcalls she must have already blown up in her SpaceX on reentry, since none of her friends acknowledges her being still alive... :hahano:

No it's definitely six months. And Hanako definitely calls you up to hire you (though the linked video doesn't show that). This is the Arasaka ending where you refuse the offer of being uploaded to Mikoshi and look out the shuttle window as you return to Earth.

I still maintain that getting rid of Johnny and taking the Arasaka offer to go to Mikoshi is absolutely the best ending for V - better than suicide, a few months, a few months with the Nomads (and lets face it, the chances of finding a cure that route are nil), or being taken over by Johnny or absorbed into an AI.

My V refused the offer because she was sick of all the cybershit and wanted to die with dignity as a plain old human being, and also she hadn't saved Goro so her companion at the end was the dutch guy, who she didn't really like or trust. But if my character had been a bit more into the cybershit and a bit more hard-bitten, and refused Johnny's urgency and gone back to save Goro, I think she would have trusted Goro, and taken the chance of immortality like a shot.

Unless the rich folks who've been uploaded to Mikoshi are going to end up as cyberhamsters in some hellish digital slavery, powering WoW servers for all eternity (a la something like Black Mirror, etc.) then it's a no brainer to take the chance. But Goro's been close to the old dude all his life, loved and trusted him, and he likes V, so I think he would have been honest with V if he thought there was something fishy like that going on, but he wants her to take the upload option. It looks like what it seems to be on the tin: a transhumanist enterprise aimed at the stars - the Arasaka star empire to come, which will reward its loyal servants. ;)

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Being subsumed into Alt or Mikoshi are equally bad. Self-sacrifice for Johnny could be seen as noble, since the redemption arc is really his, and you're a rotting corpse in the dump otherwise.

Goro's tone is chilling at the last meeting, almost fearful in Corpo CYA mode, and has returned to the Arasaka fold, having seen what his boss was willing to do to his own Prodigal Son.

Returning to Earth to live out a short, brain damaged life on Arasaka's leash (and those endgame voicemails need fixing) is clearly worse, or at least less human than the final Avocado path of love and family out on the range. It's implied that hope for a 'cure' is nil in either case. Frankly, you were dead anyway. The time after getting shot was gravy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom