Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

tritosine2k

Erudite
I think you have your nostalgia glasses on. Cyberpunk looks far more impressive compared to Witcher 3. The urban density alone is something W3 doesn't match.

It's not about the density, or number of polygons. There's something wrong about how surfaces are shaded during day, and it makes them look like plastic in screenshots. In essence, I'm not convinced that I'm looking at a living, breathing city in those screenshots. I see plastic people in a plastic world. Needs more dirt and sharpening filter.

IMO a much better fix is weather mod , theres an overcast setting that also adds fog , this can result in more plausible post processing (long story)

sharpening filter.
ideally you'd just turn TAA off ( that's also a post processing).

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Almost nothing is tied to daytime actually many quests are set during the night and majority of the rest you can do at any time you want.
Aside from sidequests with specific start times, the only gig I remember needing night time was the cyberpsycho ritual in Watson. Which I thought was a bug when I couldn't find it on a second char during the day. :hahano:

I did notice some missing scripted random encounter dialogs at night tho. Like the gig with the tape for a cop has a Mox daughter near his apartment telling her father she rather chokes on cocks than chemicals like her mother. Wasn't there at night.
OMG meaningful day and night cycle confirmed!

Well, or it bugged out, always an option in this game. :hahano:

Are there similar things OUTSIDE Watson? Watson, especially while on lockdown, feels a bit like a press demo area for those "I played it 4 hours and it's awsome" streamers before release, where they put a lot more effort into things not present anywhere else.
Like one gig area becoming an "organized crime location" afterwards, to make the world look more dynamic...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
ideally you'd just turn TAA off
I wish I could, it's the main reason of all the problems I had. But doing so meant I had no AA at all, because the Radeon bloatware cannot into forcing a different one. :argh:
Playing Cyberbug without just gives me headaches from all those flickering lines. Sad.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Goro's tone is chilling at the last meeting, almost fearful in Corpo CYA mode, and has returned to the Arasaka fold, having seen what his boss was willing to do to his own Prodigal Son.
The Arasaka ending has a much different impact depending on who is present.
With Hellman I would be convinced he was only in it to use V as a guinea pig. "Accidently" tripping over a cable at one point for punching him, before he runs off with the data to the highest bidder again.
But with Goro it was different. He was honest to V and truly believed it was the best for her. I was convinced he personally "insisted" for Hanako to allow it (and probably putting Hellman in his place when he objects). That's how he rolls, honor demanded it. Goro is such a bro. :obviously:

His vidcalls in the other endings made me feel so sad.

typical user

Arbiter
Almost nothing is tied to daytime actually many quests are set during the night and majority of the rest you can do at any time you want.
Aside from sidequests with specific start times, the only gig I remember needing night time was the cyberpsycho ritual in Watson. Which I thought was a bug when I couldn't find it on a second char during the day. :hahano:

I did notice some missing scripted random encounter dialogs at night tho. Like the gig with the tape for a cop has a Mox daughter near his apartment telling her father she rather chokes on cocks than chemicals like her mother. Wasn't there at night.

Are there similar things OUTSIDE Watson? Watson, especially while on lockdown, feels a bit like a press demo area for those "I played it 4 hours and it's awsome" streamers before release, where they put a lot more effort into things not present anywhere else.
Like one gig area becoming an "organized crime location" afterwards, to make the world look more dynamic...

Spot on. I've reset my progress on the game 5 or 6 times because the first act in Watson is better than what comes after. The district itself has unique landmarks like the market, 3 unique clubs, favela, chinese district, factories, docks even highways used in quests. Honestly the game could just be located in that area alone.

tritosine2k

Erudite
I wish I could, it's the main reason of all the problems I had. But doing so meant I had no AA at all, because the Radeon bloatware cannot into forcing a different one. :argh:
Playing Cyberbug without just gives me headaches from all those flickering lines. Sad.
Theres also a trick that you set constant scaling to over 100% by cfg edit ,not tried it yet against TAA, will try, chances are too much depends on accumulation over multiple frames, so its kinda broke by design.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Well in any other ending but Arasaka one Yorinobu kills Hanako and takes total control of Arasaka and Mikoshi is destroyed which means Saburo engram and Arasaka flagship project is gone so basically his whole life just got destroyed and V was the reason why it happened its time for:

Seppuku-2.jpg

tritosine2k

Erudite
Theres also a trick that you set constant scaling to over 100% by cfg edit ,not tried it yet against TAA, will try, chances are too much depends on accumulation over multiple frames, so its kinda broke by design.

Looked at it, at least it's nice to compare post unprocessed motion handling vs. default, I think what's happening is that you're left with some incomplete clamping mechanic* alongside the unTAA image that's inducing severe shimmer.
*Something like this: https://www.geeks3d.com/20120626/phone-wire-anti-aliasing-dx10-demo/

Ruchy

Scholar
Well in any other ending but Arasaka one Yorinobu kills Hanako and takes total control of Arasaka and Mikoshi is destroyed which means Saburo engram and Arasaka flagship project is gone so basically his whole life just got destroyed and V was the reason why it happened its time for:
I would of liked to side with Yorinobu, he was it seemed to me the only one with an actual plan to decimate the corpos through manufactured warfare. It feels heavily hinted that his ultimate goal of returning to the fold after being a gang choomba was to end corpo control.

Zer0wing

Cipher

Spot on. I've reset my progress on the game 5 or 6 times because the first act in Watson is better than what comes after. The district itself has unique landmarks like the market, 3 unique clubs, favela, chinese district, factories, docks even highways used in quests. Honestly the game could just be located in that area alone.
It was the most developed district since 2018s change of plans infavor for muh keanu after all and it's all what was shown during E3. So, in their usual pace, the devs would need another 10 years to finish other five districts. With crunching.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom