Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

The Engram is just a copy of memories. Is that enough for a person to 'live'? Or 'be'? Alt says it best, Johnny is Data now, code. She can read him as easily as a programmer can read their screen. V becomes data, and is flushed back into his rotting body.

They dealt with this in SOMA, too.(...)
You are, once again, putting more thought into this than the devs.

The game doesn't really bother with exposition in those places, but, I don't know. I wouldn't be that critical of it. When it comes to elaborating on in-universe sciencemajicks and explaining them, you can ruin things easily. (see: Metal Gear Solid 4/5)

It's been 2 months since I last played CP2077, but I appreciate that... eerie, understated shadow of a doubt that the story and endings give.

Zer0wing

Cipher
The interface looks off. I know it's a default CyberEngine tweak interface but c'mon, it looks alien when quest logs and dialogs UI are not from the vanilla game.

Old Hans

Arcane
A massive mod that is essential for anyone looking to try this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1339?tab=description

Immersive Roleplay provide a new game experience.
- Gang Wars
- Custom Quests
- Taxi mission
- Custom house and interaction
- Team building
- Corpo War system
- Make your custom quest and dialog !

1339-1615274240-801504867.png

:lol: all your spelling Social Credit are belong to us
CYBERPUNK: THE GOOD LOCATION 2077

Zer0wing

Cipher
A fucking savegame to cut gigs. Complete with voice acting. Really makes you think about what was done in the last minute.
BTW, Witcher 3 only got its gameplay systems and most question marks done in the last minute. Unlike Cyberpunk 2077, where the only developed part is Watson.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1791

These are a compilation of save games that feature some gigs that were cut from the game, due to missing AI implementation, bugs or just simply for use with later (DLC!?) content.

If any of you wish to play through the cut gigs, use braindance protocol to give yourself better stats. Alternatively, you can use a save game editor if you want to change gender/lifepath.

Name of the gigs and playability:

• Gig: Hothead - Playable, but is very glitchy. Most likely can not be finished, has AI car chases.
  • Gig: Nasty Hangover - Playable from start to finish
  • Gig: Concrete Cage Trap - Very Playable from start to finish, feels complete.
  • Gig: Desperate Measures - A little glitchy, but can be played from start to finish.
  • Gig: Unknown - Move your player a bit, and it takes you to a cutscene with no dialogues. My guess is this is supposed to be a braindance. Not a gig (ed. Me)
Note: If you drive a vehicle then switch back to first person view, you're going to have the third person mesh of your face/hair sticking out. This is unavoidable.
Enjoy!

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
A fucking savegame to cut gigs. Complete with voice acting. Really makes you think about what was done in the last minute.
BTW, Witcher 3 only got its gameplay systems and most question marks done in the last minute. Unlike Cyberpunk 2077, where the only developed part is Watson.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1791

These are a compilation of save games that feature some gigs that were cut from the game, due to missing AI implementation, bugs or just simply for use with later (DLC!?) content.

If any of you wish to play through the cut gigs, use braindance protocol to give yourself better stats. Alternatively, you can use a save game editor if you want to change gender/lifepath.

Name of the gigs and playability:

• Gig: Hothead - Playable, but is very glitchy. Most likely can not be finished, has AI car chases.
  • Gig: Nasty Hangover - Playable from start to finish
  • Gig: Concrete Cage Trap - Very Playable from start to finish, feels complete.
  • Gig: Desperate Measures - A little glitchy, but can be played from start to finish.
  • Gig: Unknown - Move your player a bit, and it takes you to a cutscene with no dialogues. My guess is this is supposed to be a braindance. Not a gig (ed. Me)
Congrats you just found the free dlc.

BTW, not sure if it was posted here already, but I found this video to be really excellent:

(not that it makes up any excuses for the shitshow with bugginess etc., it mainly focuses on writing and worldbuilding aspect, including i.e. why questions regarding engrams etc. are not really answered)

Danikas

Arcane
Some more reactivity I found while replaying the game if you visit the serial killer farm before River quest V already knows the location and you can skip all the clue gathering.

Quillon

Arcane
BTW, not sure if it was posted here already, but I found this video to be really excellent:

(not that it makes up any excuses for the shitshow with bugginess etc., it mainly focuses on writing and worldbuilding aspect, including i.e. why questions regarding engrams etc. are not really answered)

what a shit "review". the dude is clearly obsessed with cyberpunk genre and giving exaggerated "meanings" to anything he saw in the game: walks up to an NPC, who reacts with "what do you staring at?" and this dude is like "such aggression, everyone's reduced to human version of animal instinct" lmao

what a shit "review". the dude is clearly obsessed with cyberpunk genre and giving exaggerated "meanings" to anything he saw in the game: walks up to an NPC, who reacts with "what do you staring at?" and this dude is like "such aggression, everyone's reduced to human version of animal instinct" lmao

I respectfully disagree, though it seems you had watched it already, which is greatly appreciated. Still, while I somewhat agree with that particular comment, I don't find it to be a focus of this video at all, but rather a subconscions, hm, "empathy"? for lack of a better term.

So, for me, I don't really find that guy to be "overanalyzing", as for me he does present a believable explanations to many things (i.e. why questions of souls/engrams aren't that elaborated upon, vs. explaining other in-universe mechanics in greater detail).

At the same time, I also don't see how he's pulling shit out of his ass, and if he inspects something closely, it's because there are clear indicators for it to not be an overinterpretation.

Quillon

Arcane
listened to about 40 mins, the dude's just glorified everything he saw in the game so far, won't waste time till I hear about engrams or whatever, someone should tell him: common sense != genius

Some more reactivity I found while replaying the game if you visit the serial killer farm before River quest V already knows the location and you can skip all the clue gathering.

Yeah, there are a lot of such things from my experience as well, both with that game & TW3. The saddest part is how (well, it is fitting in the Cyberpunk genre ironically) corporate greed ruined everything, pushing out an early access title essentially wasted THAT many workhours of effort of rank-and-file people went into this.

In retrospect, I kinda foresee CP2077 to be like V:TM-B; except 1/3* as deep (still a respectable feat for an AAA 2020 game, mind you) and 50x as ambitious: "the most overhyped game that had to be every game at once, and to the surprise of nobody in restrospect, failed"

Because it's not like the rest of the big leagues industry is going to pick up the slack, like, ever, just as they didn't after Troika. Hell, what was the last time we've seen anything resembling a GOOD RPG from big leagues; Fallout: New Vegas? 11 years ago? This might've been just as well a very sad, and kind of pathetic in a way, swan song to it all.

*a rhetorical figure, obviously and objectively it has to be lower than that, though intricately connected to the scope of the game itself.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Size isnt all that matters, it is how you use it, guess CDPR should have listen to pimp advice.:smug:

I could argue that Oblivion was very ambitious because there were 200 dungeons to explore in there.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Size isnt all that matters, it is how you use it, guess CDPR should have listen to pimp advice.:smug:
I agree that this game would be much better with hub world but guess what sells the most....

I could argue that Oblivion was very ambitious because there were 200 dungeons to explore in there.
Well difference is at least the places you visit during gigs, side missions and main missions in Cyberpunk are unique locations not copy and pasted fodder.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Because it's not like the rest of the big leagues industry is going to pick up the slack, like, ever, just as they didn't after Troika. Hell, what was the last time we've seen anything resembling a GOOD RPG from big leagues; Fallout: New Vegas? 11 years ago? This might've been just as well a very sad, and kind of pathetic in a way, swan song to it all.
Things arent that dire. Something good can eventually come from Microsoft on that area, now that they are starting an exclusive war with Sony and they seem to be focusing on AAA open world RPGs that are an under supplied area of the market. However, the risk for us to get alot of high budget Outer Worlds is unfortunately a reality, a ton of "ambitious" games that taste like styrofoam.

That's not that in the slightest. the only things that were expected of Oblivious were the ones they explicitly promised, and fucked up at delivering.

CP2077 was overhyped to such an extent (and to be accurate, most of the blame rests of CDPR to not, iono, even address it realistically?), that it was to be an "ultimate game" to be an-all-end-all: better sandbox open world than GTAV, more player agency in advancing their objectives than Deus Ex, or ways to approach it than MGSV, have better driving than GTA/Need for Speed, have more minigames than Yakuza, be more immersive than Second Life etc... and finally to be a better RPG than, well, whatever the collective consciousness thinks about?

And yet CDPR did nothing to address this in(s)anity, apparently, they were just hoping until the Day 0 that, somehow, things will get ok?

DeepOcean

Arcane
If they released Cyber New Vegas with me only having a scooter as a vehicle option, I would be more than happy, driving my scooter around with my ninja and his cyber katana, I dont need "ambitious" 200 car options, waste money where it is really needed.

Same rule is valid for all the rest. There is a reason why Rockstar makes shallow and scripted games because that is the price you pay to have huge open worlds like that.

Things arent that dire. Something good can eventually come from Microsoft on that area, now that they are starting an exclusive war with Sony and they seem to be focusing on AAA open world RPGs that are an under supplied area of the market. However, the risk for us to get alot of high budget Outer Worlds is unfortunately a reality, a ton of "ambitious" games that taste like styrofoam.

That's sadly very true, but realistically, what are the chances that this "war" actually can bring anything positive, other than a potential PC Bloodborne?

For me, the only thing they *should* do and then realistically fuck off, is to just Xbox Pass Ultimate (in 4k) release Red Dead Redemption 1 - easily one of the most organically bleakest, depressing and dreadful games we could ever experience. One that could give Fallout 1 a run for its money easily.

(((Just for the sake of shilling getting this message across to as many potential players as possible: it CAN be played nicely enough on PS Now. How nicely, depends on the location, but I'd say it's worth a try)))

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
Yeah, there are a lot of such things from my experience as well, both with that game & TW3. The saddest part is how (well, it is fitting in the Cyberpunk genre ironically) corporate greed ruined everything, pushing out an early access title essentially wasted THAT many workhours of effort of rank-and-file people went into this.
I've said this before, CBP2077's failures aren't really an instance of corporate "greed", but a combination of mismanagement and poor gameplay design.

It's not that CDPR went "screw it, this'll suffice to scalp our customers", it's that they repeatedely misjudged the scope of work, both before and during the epidemic, and ended up at the point where they couldn't afford to delay any longer. They put themselves in a business situation where they had to release, and you got a product with some half-baked features (like the police system) and substandard performance scaling.

Further, on the design side, the features that are in the game aren't subpar due to time constraints, but because of CDPR's early failure to recognise that their Witcher 3 formula wouldn't carry well to an FPS/RPG set in a dense environment like Night City. More time to add minigames, factions support or rebalance the combat wouldn't have fundamentally altered the unsatisfying pacing and progression of the game, CDPR relied too much on The Witcher 3 designs and didn't go far enough in taking inspiration from games like Fallout 4 or Deus Ex.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
It would be interesting to know how much moneyz youtubers (and youtube) made with those hundreds, thousands of low effort videos getting up to a million of clicks.
More than CDPR made with the game itself? :hahano:

And when the next yuge patch comes, with the same overblown expectations it can never fulfill, the whole dumpsterfire will reignite again.

Sadly we will never get those numbers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom