Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

CD Projekt's CYBERPUNK 2077 Release Thread - Concerned For The Consoles

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Sam Ecorners, Dec 10, 2020.

1. TheDiceMustRoll Game Analist

TheDiceMustRoll
    I never want to hear one word about crunch due to the fact that Naughty Dog, the console crunch kings swept the game awards and won a prize for being the best game studio. It's all a circus. These people don't care.

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    People who make a big deal out of the CRUNCH of another person they have zero personal relationship with are premium fags.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Ezeekiel Liturgist

Ezeekiel
    Man the damn itemization is so bad... There's none of that "Wow that piece of gear is really good/interesting, I'll run some missions to save up for it/do a high risk smash and grab to get it/am really glad I explored this difficult area off the beaten path to get it" you can experience in other rpg's... Fuck that looter shooter/diablo shit. Upgrading your old gear is also inferior to finding higher base lvl items... And of course you will find the same lame assault rifle etc throughout the entire game, just with more and more damage against tougher and tougher enemies, so if you keep up with the progression (busiwork) then you just negate it. How fucking tacked-on. Spend too much time with inventory bs as well.

This is really killing my motivation to keep playing. Cyberware has been lame so far as well, tbh. The cyberweapons are the only thing I actually want to try. There's some max-payne time slowdown stuff as well, the usual.

Anyway... Does anybody know how armor works? Does it reduce dmg by a percentage or does it have some weird scaling flat reduction? Do low damage-per-shot values suffer more against higher armor than high dmg-per-shot weapons?
    Tech weapon skill tree (engineering, I think) has a "tech weapons ignore armor" perk. Wonder how much of a practical difference that makes at high levels.

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Steezus Learned Patron

Steezus
    Duh, of course people don't care.

It's mostly just resetera types.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. deama Liturgist

deama
    I get a "cyberpunk flatlined" error when I try and launch it, anyone managed to fix that if they got it?

^ Top  
  6. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    They have zero experience and knowledge of development as well.

It's the 21st century Woke America equivalent of the "But in America they beat the negroes" soviet propaganda.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. orcinator Liturgist

orcinator
    Try again. I had several crashes at launch.

Also try https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/34
    it should help, haven't tested it myself because I think I'll go watch Shazam before continuing with the game.

^ Top  
  8. Ezeekiel Liturgist

Ezeekiel
    Not like it's possible to perfectly plan out development length to begin with, except perhaps if you have a very specific formula with mostly minimal changes (see yakuza series for example, though the last one did change the combat).

^ Top  
  9. kangaxx Learned

kangaxx
    Agreed, but we knew this would be the case before it came out. Same with the bullet sponge enemies etc.

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Ezeekiel Liturgist

Ezeekiel
    I wouldn't fault them too much if they actually cared about this issue for real, but it's just the usual attempt at gaining power over others + virtue signaling.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Ezeekiel Liturgist

Ezeekiel
    True, but to be fair, CDPR made sizeable changes to their systems with each witcher game. There was that small chance that they'd improve it... Sadly, they're clearly aiming for the borderlands/destiny 2 crowd.

• Despair Despair x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Robber Baron Learned

Robber Baron
    At least Destiny has a snappy and responsive gunplay

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Begone thot! Begone thot! x 1
    • popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. gerey Arcane Zionist Agent

gerey
    No point in pretending that 2077 is anything but a massively mismanaged project run into the ground by incompetent management with inflated egoes and unrealistic expectations.

That's what happens when clowns luck out once (with W3 in this case) but lack the leadership skills and talent to capitalize on their lycky break.

And then they proceed to get increasingly unhinged and drive away the real talent and replace them with leftist clowns whose only real reason for working on the project is that they share the same woke views as managment.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  14. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Itemization is way better than in TW3. There with just 2-3 levels your weapon did almost twice damage. Same thing here requires almost 10 levels. For sure though there will be mod to flatten more its curve or remove it at all like in W3EE. On other hand there are chase items unlike TW3.

Also in other news. CP2077 seems to be mod friendly as TW3. There are already tools to extract its archives and from initial look this is pretty much TW3 like structure with scripting mostly in TXT form easy to mod.

One of the issues with Destiny is that yes all guns feel fine but on other hand no gun feels better than last, which means the upgrades you get are only in numbers and not in how gun feels. So far shooting in CP2077 is imho just like in any other shooter which is a lot considering it is not supposed to be shooter but more like Borderlands with numbers floating and shit.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Vibalist Arcane

Vibalist
    Does anyone know why Metacritic is blocking user reviews for this game with the message "please spend some time playing the game"?

[​IMG]

Forgive me if it's already been posted or discussed. Couldn't find anything pertaining to it.

• Funny x 11
    • honk honk! x 2
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • nice x 1
    • "It was Aliens" x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Robber Baron Learned

Robber Baron
    Paid damage control

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Yes Yes x 3
    ^ Top  
  17. RRRrrr Arcane

RRRrrr
    60 hour week is not crunch ffs. Fucking cucks never worked a day in their faggot life.

• Agree x 7
    • Funny x 4
    • Salute x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. deama Liturgist

deama
    Yeah, tried several times, no bite.
    I've got a ryzen 3600 so avx issue shouldn't be a thing, I still tried it though, same error.
    Stacktrace says it's some sort of "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION"? The first thing to mind would be running as admin, but that didn't change anything.

^ Top  
  19. Robber Baron Learned

Robber Baron
    What OS?

^ Top  
  20. deama Liturgist

deama
    windows 8.1, not sure if it's strictly windows 8.1 related as people with windows 10s had their own flatline crash problems.

^ Top  
  21. Robber Baron Learned

Robber Baron
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Dishonoredbr Arbiter

Dishonoredbr
    People review bombed Last of Us 2 , without even beat or playing the game. So they made this so it prevent it.. Doesn't work but eh.

• cuck x 2
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Ezeekiel Liturgist

Ezeekiel
    They implemented a waiting period before user reviews can be submitted for new games... I forgot the length.
    It was done after The Last Of Us 2's not-so great reception by the fanbase.

Nothing but damage control.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Yes Yes x 3
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I really have no stake in this whole argument, but I'll say two things:

1. Being a PC-only player, I'm happy that CDPR make the game for PC first, and then scale down, unlike rockstar who design around the consoles and then re-release for PC in a year.
    2. I am quite sure I wouldn't do a better job at managing the project than the people who managed it.

• Brofist x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. v1rus Arcane

v1rus
    Mind sharing your settings bro?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.