Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Man the damn itemization is so bad... There's none of that "Wow that piece of gear is really good/interesting, I'll run some missions to save up for it/do a high risk smash and grab to get it/am really glad I explored this difficult area off the beaten path to get it" you can experience in other rpg's... Fuck that looter shooter/diablo shit. Upgrading your old gear is also inferior to finding higher base lvl items... And of course you will find the same lame assault rifle etc throughout the entire game, just with more and more damage against tougher and tougher enemies, so if you keep up with the progression (busiwork) then you just negate it. How fucking tacked-on. Spend too much time with inventory bs as well.

This is really killing my motivation to keep playing. Cyberware has been lame so far as well, tbh. The cyberweapons are the only thing I actually want to try. There's some max-payne time slowdown stuff as well, the usual.

Anyway... Does anybody know how armor works? Does it reduce dmg by a percentage or does it have some weird scaling flat reduction? Do low damage-per-shot values suffer more against higher armor than high dmg-per-shot weapons?
Tech weapon skill tree (engineering, I think) has a "tech weapons ignore armor" perk. Wonder how much of a practical difference that makes at high levels.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I never want to hear one word about crunch due to the fact that Naughty Dog, the console crunch kings swept the game awards and won a prize for being the best game studio. It's all a circus. These people don't care.

Duh, of course people don't care.

It's mostly just resetera types.

deama

Prophet
I get a "cyberpunk flatlined" error when I try and launch it, anyone managed to fix that if they got it?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
People who make a big deal out of the CRUNCH of another person they have zero personal relationship with are premium fags.
They have zero experience and knowledge of development as well.

It's the 21st century Woke America equivalent of the "But in America they beat the negroes" soviet propaganda.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
People who make a big deal out of the CRUNCH of another person they have zero personal relationship with are premium fags.

It's the 21st century Woke America equivalent of the "But in America they beat the negroes" soviet propaganda.
Not like it's possible to perfectly plan out development length to begin with, except perhaps if you have a very specific formula with mostly minimal changes (see yakuza series for example, though the last one did change the combat).

kangaxx

Arbiter
Man the damn itemization is so bad... There's none of that "Wow that piece of gear is really good/interesting, I'll run some missions to save up for it/do a high risk smash and grab to get it/am really glad I explored this difficult area off the beaten path to get it" you can experience in other rpg's... Fuck that looter shooter/diablo shit. Upgrading your old gear is also inferior to finding higher base lvl items... And of course you will find the same lame assault rifle etc throughout the entire game, just with more and more damage against tougher and tougher enemies, so if you keep up with the progression (busiwork) then you just negate it. How fucking tacked-on. Spend too much time with inventory bs as well.

This is really killing my motivation to keep playing. Cyberware has been lame so far as well, tbh. The cyberweapons are the only thing I actually want to try. There's some max-payne time slowdown stuff as well, the usual.

Anyway... Does anybody know how armor works? Does it reduce dmg by a percentage or does it have some weird scaling flat reduction? Do low damage-per-shot values suffer more against higher armor than high dmg-per-shot weapons?
Tech weapon skill tree (engineering, I think) has a "tech weapons ignore armor" perk. Wonder how much of a practical difference that makes at high levels.

Agreed, but we knew this would be the case before it came out. Same with the bullet sponge enemies etc.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I wouldn't fault them too much if they actually cared about this issue for real, but it's just the usual attempt at gaining power over others + virtue signaling.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

Agreed, but we knew this would be the case before it came out. Same with the bullet sponge enemies etc.

True, but to be fair, CDPR made sizeable changes to their systems with each witcher game. There was that small chance that they'd improve it... Sadly, they're clearly aiming for the borderlands/destiny 2 crowd.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Not like it's possible to perfectly plan out development length to begin with, except perhaps if you have a very specific formula with mostly minimal changes (see yakuza series for example, though the last one did change the combat).
No point in pretending that 2077 is anything but a massively mismanaged project run into the ground by incompetent management with inflated egoes and unrealistic expectations.

That's what happens when clowns luck out once (with W3 in this case) but lack the leadership skills and talent to capitalize on their lycky break.

And then they proceed to get increasingly unhinged and drive away the real talent and replace them with leftist clowns whose only real reason for working on the project is that they share the same woke views as managment.

Perkel

Arcane
True, but to be fair, CDPR made sizeable changes to their systems with each witcher game. There was that small chance that they'd improve it... Sadly, they're clearly aiming for the borderlands/destiny 2 crowd.

Itemization is way better than in TW3. There with just 2-3 levels your weapon did almost twice damage. Same thing here requires almost 10 levels. For sure though there will be mod to flatten more its curve or remove it at all like in W3EE. On other hand there are chase items unlike TW3.

Also in other news. CP2077 seems to be mod friendly as TW3. There are already tools to extract its archives and from initial look this is pretty much TW3 like structure with scripting mostly in TXT form easy to mod.

At least Destiny has a snappy and responsive gunplay

One of the issues with Destiny is that yes all guns feel fine but on other hand no gun feels better than last, which means the upgrades you get are only in numbers and not in how gun feels. So far shooting in CP2077 is imho just like in any other shooter which is a lot considering it is not supposed to be shooter but more like Borderlands with numbers floating and shit.

Vibalist

Arcane
Does anyone know why Metacritic is blocking user reviews for this game with the message "please spend some time playing the game"?

Forgive me if it's already been posted or discussed. Couldn't find anything pertaining to it.

deama

Prophet
I get a "cyberpunk flatlined" error when I try and launch it, anyone managed to fix that if they got it?
Try again. I had several crashes at launch.

Also try https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/34
it should help, haven't tested it myself because I think I'll go watch Shazam before continuing with the game.
Yeah, tried several times, no bite.
I've got a ryzen 3600 so avx issue shouldn't be a thing, I still tried it though, same error.
Stacktrace says it's some sort of "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION"? The first thing to mind would be running as admin, but that didn't change anything.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Does anyone know why Metacritic is blocking user reviews for this game with the message "please spend some time playing the game"?

Forgive me if it's already been posted or discussed. Couldn't find anything pertaining to it.

People review bombed Last of Us 2 , without even beat or playing the game. So they made this so it prevent it.. Doesn't work but eh.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

They implemented a waiting period before user reviews can be submitted for new games... I forgot the length.
It was done after The Last Of Us 2's not-so great reception by the fanbase.

Nothing but damage control.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

No point in pretending that 2077 is anything but a massively mismanaged project run into the ground by incompetent management with inflated egoes and unrealistic expectations.

That's what happens when clowns luck out once (with W3 in this case) but lack the leadership skills and talent to capitalize on their lycky break.

And then they proceed to get increasingly unhinged and drive away the real talent and replace them with leftist clowns whose only real reason for working on the project is that they share the same woke views as managment.
I really have no stake in this whole argument, but I'll say two things:

1. Being a PC-only player, I'm happy that CDPR make the game for PC first, and then scale down, unlike rockstar who design around the consoles and then re-release for PC in a year.
2. I am quite sure I wouldn't do a better job at managing the project than the people who managed it.

v1rus

Arcane
Managed to find time to play it for 2 hours, on my i5-6600k and GTX 1060 6BG it runs great on medium to high details. The world looks great but I cant really comment much in depth about gameplay since Im still early in the game and real life issues will prevent me from giving it a more extensive game time.

Just to say I am one of the people who really liked Witcher 3 so I did come in this game with cautious optimism. Basically expecting beautiful but shallow world, shitty combat and interesting quests, writing and NPC. From what I did see it, it seems thats exactly what I got only even more shallow RPG elements.

Still I will continue playing and hopefully at the end the good will outweigh the bad.

Mind sharing your settings bro?

Steezus

Savant
Patron

I haet review mans! He doesnt evn finish gaem! :argh:

Y do I need to play gaem, before giving muh gaemer score??? :argh:

AwesomeButton

Patron
windows 8.1, not sure if it's strictly windows 8.1 related as people with windows 10s had their own flatline crash problems.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/windows-8-1.11040857/

looks like the game does not support 8.1
People you need to stop this hipster bullshit and switch to Windows 10 at least for a system on which to run your games if nothing else. DX12 will improve your performance considerably.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom