Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

CD Projekt's CYBERPUNK 2077 Release Thread - Concerned For The Consoles

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Sam Ecorners, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Steezus Learned Patron

Steezus
    I haet review mans! He doesnt evn finish gaem! :argh:

Y do I need to play gaem, before giving muh gaemer score??? :argh:

• Funny Funny x 9
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    People you need to stop this hipster bullshit and switch to Windows 10 at least for a system on which to run your games if nothing else. DX12 will improve your performance considerably.

• Funny x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • retadred x 2
    • cool story bro x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    One buddy of mine just gave me this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...XDxclffRCqlqeeWBIjTrKpwVlzWVUyjzeLuodcGnIesdg

• Informative x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Thanks! x 2
    • Salute x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. MarxistPlato Novice

MarxistPlato
    To be fair, i really doubt they are such dummies to mismanage every project because of their skill with it. In my opinion, designing games like The Last of Us or Uncharted is far easier than a RPG game - TLOU 2 had "arena" type map, everything scripted so it will play out the same. RPG's are different beasts to me. Recently i played Arcanum and damn, it's still quite buggy even with patches applied from community. Still, i don't work at companies like Naughty Dog or CDPR, so it's hard to tell.

^ Top  
  5. MartinK Educated

MartinK
    It is no crunch, but still I won’t do it unless I get either 20 free hours next week or extra money.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • incline incline x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Readher Learned

Readher
    By "runs great" he probably meant like 30 FPS since I've got 3700X and RX 580 and get 40 FPS average on a mix of low and med settings (which is fucking pathetic), so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. RRRrrr Arcane

RRRrrr
    Has anyone tried it on Geforce Now? Does it work well?

^ Top  
  8. RobotSquirrel Learned

RobotSquirrel
    the reason crunch became notorious has less to do with the fact that its a lot of work in a short span of time but more because of how many games went into a crunch, paid their employees poorly, backflipped on bonuses and in many cases the studio went bankrupt never paying them for said crunch time either they got paid via a liquidator or not at all. Nowdays people just knee jerk over crunch but I don't think people get that games development is a state of perpetual crunch when your management is so poor so its not surprising that AAA games are in perpetual crunch. They only ever make a big deal about the last 10% of it though as more a threat to the customer "Buy this game because timothy didn't see his farther for a month!". You have to wonder though what motivates a person to stay with a studio for long enough to have a career for such lousy pay cause even when you are being paid its normally lower than other industries. Trust me when I say Crunch is the least of the problems. There are far worse things going on in this industry.

^ Top  
  9. moon knight Matt7895's alt

moon knight
    • Funny Funny x 9
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    I love how people rage about FPS performance. They got used to shitty console games which were made with 1,5TF gpu in mind for nearly 7 years and now something comes out and Ultra is really ultra providing both amazing graphics and murdering gpus.
    And that comes after TW3 downgrade controversy where PC gamers were screaming how consoles hold game back.

Speaking of performance. Game IS optimized a lot. It is just that Ultra tax is fucking high. If you drop game settings to medium game doesn't really look that much different and performance easily doubles or even more.

I really do wish they had option to turn on seld shadowing on NPCs though. If you go to peds up close you can see distinct lack of self shadowing compared to main characters, though it would probably further murder performance...

There are literally QUEUES lololol

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • No No x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Readher Learned

Readher
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 20
    • Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. markec Twitterbot Patron

markec
    Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    With this settings I have stable fps in crowded streets, combat or driving.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Think big! Smoking Dicks

Think big!
    Turn Depth of Field off.

• Yes Yes x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Readher Learned

Readher
    Ugh... Also, post framerate. I can get stable 10 FPS on Ultra, doesn't mean shit.

^ Top  
  15. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer Sad Loser

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Yep, and there are queues for the payed version, which supposed to be instant connection. I read people waiting for hours. I guess in a few days it will get better after the first big wave of new players hit.

• Funny Funny x 4
    ^ Top  
  16. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    On 3570 it is literally impossible to get 60FPS in most places, no matter how low you set your settings, game is CPU bound just like Witcher 3 was.
    I guess maybe a 3770 would fare better thanks to HT, and there was a time when I thought about switching to it, but people ask silly prices for that CPU still, so fuck it.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Jrpgfan Liturgist

Jrpgfan
    Lowering the Cascaded Shadows Resolution setting didn't get me a single fps. Idk if it's only in certain situations but from what I'm reading, looks like it's a hit or miss setting.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    So, in the name of science, here is a comparison between native 1440p with sharpening turned off from Nvidia Control Panel, and upscaled 1080p -> 1440p with Sharpening turned on from Nvidia Control Panel.
    I've intentionally chosen a tough scene with some distance. In the majority of the time I'm maintaining 40-45fps in native and 58-60fps in upscaled mode. All graphics settings are maxed out at the respective high or ultra stages.

Native:
    Upscaled + Sharpening:
    The best indicators I see are brownish pole next to the orange fence on the opposite side of the street, the palm tree in the left side of the image, and the "kabayan" logo. The square tent in the right side of the screen is also good, also the "NCPD" sign.

The only place where I can notice a difference in jaggyness is the NCPD sign. All the other places look identical between "Native 1440p" and "Upscaled 1080->1440p", while the fps bonus of 25% is huge.

Try it for yourselves fags!

Yeah, this was bugging me as well. Witcher 3 in novigrad looks better than areas in Night City in daytime when you are under a building's shadow and you lose most of the shadowing and reflections because no sunlight is falling on the scene.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Kruno Arcane Shitposter

Kruno
    Agreed. 120 hour weeks should be the norm.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. GentlemanCthulhu Savant

GentlemanCthulhu
    How much do you think Reeves is responsible for the downfall of 77? I remember CDPR saying they've added a lot more of him to the game with his insistence. This was only about 1-2 years ago too so supposedly after they had already made a bunch of the game. As it is now, I think Reeves has hijacked the game. Usually, in games like this with a voiced protagonist, it's half the protagonist's story and half the player's (if the devs they play they cards right). Here it's 70% Reeves and 30% V's. It's utter drivel too. I have no interest in Keanu Reeves or Johnny Silvercuck, but sadly he's invovled in virtually everything past the title drop.

• Funny x 3
    • decline x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    I guess it depends a lot on the scene. If the scene has a lot of distance to it and many objects that throw shadows, lowering this setting will free up memory and processing power from having to switch between shadowmaps. This setting is in effect "level of detail according to distance" but for the resolution of shadows. With a lower setting a lower-resolution shadow will be rendered at a closer distance than would be rendered with a higher setting: https://developer.download.nvidia.c...aded_shadow_maps/doc/cascaded_shadow_maps.pdf

So, it depends on the scene where you tested. The biggest benefit would be when driving around the streets in the middle of the day where you have many objects casting shadows when the sun is high.

^ Top  
  23. Fenix Arcane Vatnik

Fenix
    I heard it is work.

^ Top  
  24. BarbequeMasta Learned

BarbequeMasta
    They need to kiss ass harder.

^ Top  
  25. Robber Baron Learned

Robber Baron
    It was either Reeves or aliens, probably both

• "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 4
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.