Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
One buddy of mine just gave me this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...XDxclffRCqlqeeWBIjTrKpwVlzWVUyjzeLuodcGnIesdg

Cyberpunk 2077 Settings Optimization

GRAPHICS

• Decrease blurriness (u/SirDemonLord & u/destaree)
  • Instructions:
  1. Graphics → turn off Chromatic Aberrations
  • Rationale: Creates light color shifts (blurring) on the edges of some objects that lowers image sharpness
  • Caveat: Takes away a “film-like” texture mimicking IRL cameras
  1. Graphics → turn off Film Grain
  • Rationale: Creates a grainy textured distortion
  • Caveat: Takes away an attempt to make the game look more “cinematic” by mimicking atmospheric movies
  1. Graphics → turn off Motion Blur
  • Rationale: Creates a blurring or unfocusing during high-speed movements
  • Caveat: Takes away an attempt to mimic realistic blurring of our IRL vision
  1. Graphics → turn off Depth of Field
  • Rationale: Blurs certain things in the background that the game decides should not be in focus
  • Caveat: Takes away an attempt to mimic movies by giving the game a more “cinematic” look

• Decrease Blurriness (NVIDIA GPU only) - (u/ama8o8, u/Obanon, u/RouletteZoku, u/Reynbou)
  1. Instructions: Open the Nvidia Control Panel → Manage 3D Settings → program Settings → select Cyberpunk.exe → change image sharpening to on and leave at default values
  • Rationale: DLSS inevitably creates visual impurities (especially with ultra performance settings)
  • Caveat: u/WarMachineGreen reports you may experience some FPS drop when using sharpening

PERFORMANCE

• Increase FPS - (u/Cohibaluxe, u/cheeseybacon11, u/DemitriX2K)
  • Instructions:
  1. Lower Cascaded Shadows Resolution (i.e, change to low or medium)
  • Rationale: This seems to be a setting that can bring double digit improvements in FPS with minimal impact on visuals
  • Caveat: Shadows will be less high-quality

1. Lower Volumetric Fog res & Volumetric Cloud res
  • Rationale: These are some of the most demanding graphics settings.
  • Caveat: Theoretically, it would decrease the attempt to create dense clouds/fogs that lead to atmospheric visuals. It was suggested decreasing volumetric clouds led to basically no change in visual quality, while lowering volumetric fog had some minimal changes.

1. Consider turning off Screen Space Reflections
  • Rationale: Shown to improve game by 7-9 FPS
  • Caveat: Does decrease surface reflections. You may prefer to keep on, so change at your own discretion.

• Increase FPS (PC users only) - (u/ADXMcGeeHeezack)
  • Instructions:
  1. Turn on variable Fidelityfx CAS (not static)
  • Rationale: Found to have doubled FPS
  • Caveat: It’s been recommended Nvidia owners only use this if unable to use DLSS

• Increase FPS (NVIDIA GPU only) - (u/natedrake102, u/cheeseybacon11)
  • Instructions:
  1. Turn on DLSS
  • Rationale: AI that helps increase FPS
  • Caveat: Works better at higher resolutions. The “quality” setting seems to be very popular. But it was suggested the “ultra performance” setting leads to huge FPS gains with little visual sacrifice. However, some say Ultra Performance caused visuals to look “awful.” Play around with it yourself

CONTROLLERS

• Decrease sluggish feel of input delay (u/iwishuwood)
  • Instructions:
  1. Controller settings → turn on advanced options → turn horizontal & vertical bonuses all the way up to 0
  • Rationale: this applies extra sensitivity when the stick is pushed all the way. People confirm it makes guns more enjoyable
  • Caveat: ?

• Decrease oversteering in vehicles (u/willguitar94)
  • Instructions:
  1. Controller settings → decrease 3rd person turning sensitivity
  • Rationale: Prevents vehicle oversteering
  • Caveat: Confirmed by only 1 person, so test for yourself. This person used a setting of 3 or 4

BEST SETTINGS TO SACRIFICE IF YOU REALLY NEED TO

• Improve and stabilize FPS
  • Instructions:
  1. Decrease NPC density (medium is popular, low if needed)
  • Rationale: Prevents stutters and FPS drops due to NPCs spawning in
  • Caveat: Play with the settings to see what you like

• Work in progress → drop some recommendations in comments, hopefully people will upvote the best ideas

MarxistPlato

Educated
To be fair, i really doubt they are such dummies to mismanage every project because of their skill with it. In my opinion, designing games like The Last of Us or Uncharted is far easier than a RPG game - TLOU 2 had "arena" type map, everything scripted so it will play out the same. RPG's are different beasts to me. Recently i played Arcanum and damn, it's still quite buggy even with patches applied from community. Still, i don't work at companies like Naughty Dog or CDPR, so it's hard to tell.

Readher

Savant
Managed to find time to play it for 2 hours, on my i5-6600k and GTX 1060 6BG it runs great on medium to high details. The world looks great but I cant really comment much in depth about gameplay since Im still early in the game and real life issues will prevent me from giving it a more extensive game time.

Just to say I am one of the people who really liked Witcher 3 so I did come in this game with cautious optimism. Basically expecting beautiful but shallow world, shitty combat and interesting quests, writing and NPC. From what I did see it, it seems thats exactly what I got only even more shallow RPG elements.

Still I will continue playing and hopefully at the end the good will outweigh the bad.

Mind sharing your settings bro?
By "runs great" he probably meant like 30 FPS since I've got 3700X and RX 580 and get 40 FPS average on a mix of low and med settings (which is fucking pathetic), so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
People who make a big deal out of the CRUNCH of another person they have zero personal relationship with are premium fags.
the reason crunch became notorious has less to do with the fact that its a lot of work in a short span of time but more because of how many games went into a crunch, paid their employees poorly, backflipped on bonuses and in many cases the studio went bankrupt never paying them for said crunch time either they got paid via a liquidator or not at all. Nowdays people just knee jerk over crunch but I don't think people get that games development is a state of perpetual crunch when your management is so poor so its not surprising that AAA games are in perpetual crunch. They only ever make a big deal about the last 10% of it though as more a threat to the customer "Buy this game because timothy didn't see his farther for a month!". You have to wonder though what motivates a person to stay with a studio for long enough to have a career for such lousy pay cause even when you are being paid its normally lower than other industries. Trust me when I say Crunch is the least of the problems. There are far worse things going on in this industry.

Perkel

Arcane
I love how people rage about FPS performance. They got used to shitty console games which were made with 1,5TF gpu in mind for nearly 7 years and now something comes out and Ultra is really ultra providing both amazing graphics and murdering gpus.
And that comes after TW3 downgrade controversy where PC gamers were screaming how consoles hold game back.

Speaking of performance. Game IS optimized a lot. It is just that Ultra tax is fucking high. If you drop game settings to medium game doesn't really look that much different and performance easily doubles or even more.

I really do wish they had option to turn on seld shadowing on NPCs though. If you go to peds up close you can see distinct lack of self shadowing compared to main characters, though it would probably further murder performance...

Has anyone tried it on Geforce Now? Does it work well?

There are literally QUEUES lololol

Readher

Savant
Jnpt5fd.png

Balderdash Gate 3
hqdefault.jpg

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Managed to find time to play it for 2 hours, on my i5-6600k and GTX 1060 6BG it runs great on medium to high details. The world looks great but I cant really comment much in depth about gameplay since Im still early in the game and real life issues will prevent me from giving it a more extensive game time.

Just to say I am one of the people who really liked Witcher 3 so I did come in this game with cautious optimism. Basically expecting beautiful but shallow world, shitty combat and interesting quests, writing and NPC. From what I did see it, it seems thats exactly what I got only even more shallow RPG elements.

Still I will continue playing and hopefully at the end the good will outweigh the bad.

With this settings I have stable fps in crowded streets, combat or driving.

xmB7UZ.jpg

Qoxyfu.jpg

xZjTZ8.jpg

vds0m1.jpg

Gerrard

Arcane
I know I'm going to be burnt alive for this but I actually had great experience with playing CP77 on GeForce NOW (FREE version). It performs a lot better than on my old trusty 1060 6GB + 8GB RAM + i5-3570k. I was disappointed that my 1060, which is a RECOMMENDED card for playing in 1080p, never went above ~35fps.

GF Now fixed that (playing GOG version). I'm sure paid version would look stunning and I actually might bite the bullet and pay 25 potatoes for a month.
On 3570 it is literally impossible to get 60FPS in most places, no matter how low you set your settings, game is CPU bound just like Witcher 3 was.
I guess maybe a 3770 would fare better thanks to HT, and there was a time when I thought about switching to it, but people ask silly prices for that CPU still, so fuck it.

Last edited:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
One buddy of mine just gave me this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...XDxclffRCqlqeeWBIjTrKpwVlzWVUyjzeLuodcGnIesdg

Cyberpunk 2077 Settings Optimization

GRAPHICS

• Decrease blurriness (u/SirDemonLord & u/destaree)
  • Instructions:
  1. Graphics → turn off Chromatic Aberrations
  • Rationale: Creates light color shifts (blurring) on the edges of some objects that lowers image sharpness
  • Caveat: Takes away a “film-like” texture mimicking IRL cameras
  1. Graphics → turn off Film Grain
  • Rationale: Creates a grainy textured distortion
  • Caveat: Takes away an attempt to make the game look more “cinematic” by mimicking atmospheric movies
  1. Graphics → turn off Motion Blur
  • Rationale: Creates a blurring or unfocusing during high-speed movements
  • Caveat: Takes away an attempt to mimic realistic blurring of our IRL vision
  1. Graphics → turn off Depth of Field
  • Rationale: Blurs certain things in the background that the game decides should not be in focus
  • Caveat: Takes away an attempt to mimic movies by giving the game a more “cinematic” look
  • Decrease Blurriness (NVIDIA GPU only) - (u/ama8o8, u/Obanon, u/RouletteZoku, u/Reynbou)
  1. Instructions: Open the Nvidia Control Panel → Manage 3D Settings → program Settings → select Cyberpunk.exe → change image sharpening to on and leave at default values
  • Rationale: DLSS inevitably creates visual impurities (especially with ultra performance settings)
  • Caveat: u/WarMachineGreen reports you may experience some FPS drop when using sharpening

PERFORMANCE

• Increase FPS - (u/Cohibaluxe, u/cheeseybacon11, u/DemitriX2K)
  • Instructions:
  1. Lower Cascaded Shadows Resolution (i.e, change to low or medium)
  • Rationale: This seems to be a setting that can bring double digit improvements in FPS with minimal impact on visuals
  • Caveat: Shadows will be less high-quality
  1. Lower Volumetric Fog res & Volumetric Cloud res
  • Rationale: These are some of the most demanding graphics settings.
  • Caveat: Theoretically, it would decrease the attempt to create dense clouds/fogs that lead to atmospheric visuals. It was suggested decreasing volumetric clouds led to basically no change in visual quality, while lowering volumetric fog had some minimal changes.
  1. Consider turning off Screen Space Reflections
  • Rationale: Shown to improve game by 7-9 FPS
  • Caveat: Does decrease surface reflections. You may prefer to keep on, so change at your own discretion.
  • Increase FPS (PC users only) - (u/ADXMcGeeHeezack)
  • Instructions:
  1. Turn on variable Fidelityfx CAS (not static)
  • Rationale: Found to have doubled FPS
  • Caveat: It’s been recommended Nvidia owners only use this if unable to use DLSS
  • Increase FPS (NVIDIA GPU only) - (u/natedrake102, u/cheeseybacon11)
  • Instructions:
  1. Turn on DLSS
  • Rationale: AI that helps increase FPS
  • Caveat: Works better at higher resolutions. The “quality” setting seems to be very popular. But it was suggested the “ultra performance” setting leads to huge FPS gains with little visual sacrifice. However, some say Ultra Performance caused visuals to look “awful.” Play around with it yourself

CONTROLLERS

• Decrease sluggish feel of input delay (u/iwishuwood)
  • Instructions:
  1. Controller settings → turn on advanced options → turn horizontal & vertical bonuses all the way up to 0
  • Rationale: this applies extra sensitivity when the stick is pushed all the way. People confirm it makes guns more enjoyable
  • Caveat: ?

• Decrease oversteering in vehicles (u/willguitar94)
  • Instructions:
  1. Controller settings → decrease 3rd person turning sensitivity
  • Rationale: Prevents vehicle oversteering
  • Caveat: Confirmed by only 1 person, so test for yourself. This person used a setting of 3 or 4

BEST SETTINGS TO SACRIFICE IF YOU REALLY NEED TO

• Improve and stabilize FPS
  • Instructions:
  1. Decrease NPC density (medium is popular, low if needed)
  • Rationale: Prevents stutters and FPS drops due to NPCs spawning in
  • Caveat: Play with the settings to see what you like
  • Work in progress → drop some recommendations in comments, hopefully people will upvote the best ideas

Lowering the Cascaded Shadows Resolution setting didn't get me a single fps. Idk if it's only in certain situations but from what I'm reading, looks like it's a hit or miss setting.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So, in the name of science, here is a comparison between native 1440p with sharpening turned off from Nvidia Control Panel, and upscaled 1080p -> 1440p with Sharpening turned on from Nvidia Control Panel.
I've intentionally chosen a tough scene with some distance. In the majority of the time I'm maintaining 40-45fps in native and 58-60fps in upscaled mode. All graphics settings are maxed out at the respective high or ultra stages.

Native:

Upscaled + Sharpening:

The best indicators I see are brownish pole next to the orange fence on the opposite side of the street, the palm tree in the left side of the image, and the "kabayan" logo. The square tent in the right side of the screen is also good, also the "NCPD" sign.

The only place where I can notice a difference in jaggyness is the NCPD sign. All the other places look identical between "Native 1440p" and "Upscaled 1080->1440p", while the fps bonus of 25% is huge.

Try it for yourselves fags!

I really do wish they had option to turn on seld shadowing on NPCs though. If you go to peds up close you can see distinct lack of self shadowing compared to main characters, though it would probably further murder performance...
Yeah, this was bugging me as well. Witcher 3 in novigrad looks better than areas in Night City in daytime when you are under a building's shadow and you lose most of the shadowing and reflections because no sunlight is falling on the scene.

How much do you think Reeves is responsible for the downfall of 77? I remember CDPR saying they've added a lot more of him to the game with his insistence. This was only about 1-2 years ago too so supposedly after they had already made a bunch of the game. As it is now, I think Reeves has hijacked the game. Usually, in games like this with a voiced protagonist, it's half the protagonist's story and half the player's (if the devs they play they cards right). Here it's 70% Reeves and 30% V's. It's utter drivel too. I have no interest in Keanu Reeves or Johnny Silvercuck, but sadly he's invovled in virtually everything past the title drop.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Lowering the Cascaded Shadows Resolution setting didn't get me a single fps. Idk if it's only in certain situations but from what I'm reading, looks like it's a hit or miss setting.
I guess it depends a lot on the scene. If the scene has a lot of distance to it and many objects that throw shadows, lowering this setting will free up memory and processing power from having to switch between shadowmaps. This setting is in effect "level of detail according to distance" but for the resolution of shadows. With a lower setting a lower-resolution shadow will be rendered at a closer distance than would be rendered with a higher setting: https://developer.download.nvidia.c...aded_shadow_maps/doc/cascaded_shadow_maps.pdf

So, it depends on the scene where you tested. The biggest benefit would be when driving around the streets in the middle of the day where you have many objects casting shadows when the sun is high.

Robber Baron

Savant
How much do you think Reeves is responsible for the downfall of 77? I remember CDPR saying they've added a lot more of him to the game with his insistence. This was only about 1-2 years ago too so supposedly after they had already made a bunch of the game. As it is now, I think Reeves has hijacked the game. Usually, in games like this with a voiced protagonist, it's half the protagonist's story and half the player's (if the devs they play they cards right). Here it's 70% Reeves and 30% V's. It's utter drivel too. I have no interest in Keanu Reeves or Johnny Silvercuck, but sadly he's invovled in virtually everything past the title drop.

It was either Reeves or aliens, probably both

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

With this settings I have stable fps in crowded streets, combat or driving.

xmB7UZ.jpg

Qoxyfu.jpg

xZjTZ8.jpg

vds0m1.jpg
:nocountryforshitposters:
With that setting you will most likely have a fucking eye bleed lol. Who the fuck plays with blur,flare and grains ON!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom