Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
^^^

Autistic meltdown.
Sure, style is pretty diogenistic
Still, itz true. You might not like the taste, but you'll eat more and more of this shit, unless you spit it out now and change your gaming diet

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Why are fanboys married to their companies they defend and roleplay unpaid PR and lawyers for?! I wanted this game to be good. CDPR promised Cyberpunk GTA IV RPG. We got shit. You ate it. That's it

I mean, game's AI is worse then AI for games from over a decade ago. Worse then same company's AI from last game. Do you know why? Rolleyes until they fall out, but itz true. SJWs. CD Projekt has been thouroughly and deepely SJWed. That doesnt only mean 2 trannies per m2 in their game. No! That means: UTTER & COMPLETE incompetence

B-but they are based Slavs??? Lol. For hundreth time, urban middle class Slavs are SJW af. Belgrade, Warsaw, Moscow? City centres have vibe of Slavic Siettle. Our gen x/millenial programmers are still somewhat competent, but our writers, CEOs, marketing, HR? Incresiangly SJW

THANKSSSS AMERIKWAAAA!

Average Glitcher fanboy vs Average Cyberbug enjoyer

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Why are fanboys married to their companies they defend and roleplay unpaid PR and lawyers for?! I wanted this game to be good. CDPR promised Cyberpunk GTA IV RPG. We got shit. You ate it. That's it

Joke's on you for listening to the hype rather than avoiding it and judging the game on face value.

Perkel

Arcane
830k peak? Did I read that right? If so, holy shit! People are retarded. I mean, I knew that before, but it's still kinda amazing. No wonder everything's going down the shitter.

Game apparently sold 15m copies on day1 including preorders. That is literally about as much as TW3 sold in its whole life (i think it is sitting at 20m copies) and we are talking about $60 not promo copies. Moreover all physical copies are gog ones.

Old Hans

Arcane
Effort well spent. I visited that apartment like 4 times in the entire play-through.

the whole megabuilding you're living in is completly pointless. it has just 2 floors and it has nothing but a gun shop you don't need to visit a single time because looting guns is more effective. you don't use the stash in your appartment because you can just use the stash in your car. there is nobody you can talk to or interact with. i still remember when they called the building a living ecosystem or something like that lol. maybe they'll add something to it in the "night city expansion" pack but i seriously doubt that.
they did the same thing with Witcher 3 and the NPC behavior was exactly like Witcher 1. I dunno why they hype that stuff up. It must be some kind of mental illness

DeepOcean

Arcane
it took us 430 pages but i am happy we discovered the problem with cdpr was the far right ideology of veganism
It is known the Veganism can suck the soul of a man and leave him as a husk, look to Marcin Iwinski:
av8Yy7b_700bwp.webp

This is what the lack of animal protein do to you.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
who needs a panam sex scene where you can actually see shit when you can have more romance dialogue?

Perkel

Arcane
This was done a lot in Bloodlines with the player's actions being reflected in newspapers and the TV news. Any other examples?

Most of sidequests and main story bits have news talkingabout them. Main quest seems to be obvious but i was surprised on many sidequests being in news if they would feature some bang in them.

SoupNazi

I mean... I get it in a way. But on the other hand, who gives a shit? It's a linear, story-driven RPG that has an open world solely to pad out time just like any other recent RPG that wastes time on you traveling through a world instead of giving you a CYOA style screen saying you encountered some bandits on the road. I never expected a GTA-like playground to cause mayhem and shoot shit up, and I don't remember that being marketed.

Why is anybody surprised or upset over this? Why is this making the news, or getting made into a video? Did I miss some of the hype that advertised this as a city simulator? I don't think I thought even once about shooting in the middle of some civvies, or shooting them, they were there as backdrop for my travels inbetween missions of this linear RPG that had a decent story with a few sidequests.

It's not a great game by any means but the length some people will go to criticize this decent game is just flabbergasting.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
only reason I see for cdpr to actually fix this game is they would need those improvements for their next title anyway.
CDPR emulated Bioware for the The Witcher II, Bethesda Softworks Elder Scrolls for The Witcher III, and Grand Theft Auto for Cyberpunk 2077. Assuming they continue to chase what they perceive as the latest best-selling trend in gaming, it's interesting to consider what model they would select for their next game, from the perspective of 2020/2021. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom