Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Managed to find time to play it for 2 hours, on my i5-6600k and GTX 1060 6BG it runs great on medium to high details. The world looks great but I cant really comment much in depth about gameplay since Im still early in the game and real life issues will prevent me from giving it a more extensive game time.

Just to say I am one of the people who really liked Witcher 3 so I did come in this game with cautious optimism. Basically expecting beautiful but shallow world, shitty combat and interesting quests, writing and NPC. From what I did see it, it seems thats exactly what I got only even more shallow RPG elements.

Still I will continue playing and hopefully at the end the good will outweigh the bad.

Mind sharing your settings bro?

With this settings I have stable fps in crowded streets, combat or driving.

xmB7UZ.jpg

Qoxyfu.jpg

xZjTZ8.jpg

vds0m1.jpg
:nocountryforshitposters:
With that setting you will most likely have a fucking eye bleed lol. Who the fuck plays with blur,flare and grains ON!

That's the default settings I got when first starting the game. I wanted to feel how it plays before fiddling with the settings.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Motion blur and depth of field should always be removed IMO.

No point wondering how the game plays with them they are pretty straight forward and always unnatural.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/535744564 said:
I figured out how to BHOP in Cyberpunk.
Run onto any flat surface and get pixel close to the edge and your character will start gaining velocity super fast. Strafe away from the flat surface and time your jumps to maintain momentum.
This works on pretty much every surface. Bonus speed if the surface is a ramp. It seems that the acceleration is caused by ramps in general.​

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Lol moving NPC density from High to Medium moved me from 49 to 55-56fps in that scene from the screenshots I posted.
So far I've noticed that while max npc density does lower fps in busy street scenes, it becomes (mostly) irrelevant in combat because people flee the area or combat takes place a bit away from the street anyway.

It's more of a worry while traveling I guess, but unless it pushes your system to the point where you suffer stutter I don't think it matters.
You can really see why they turned that down for the consoles, though.

Gerrard

Arcane
Does anyone know why Metacritic is blocking user reviews for this game with the message "please spend some time playing the game"?

Forgive me if it's already been posted or discussed. Couldn't find anything pertaining to it.
Since a while back they block user reviews for like 2-3 days since release I think.

Robber Baron

Savant
Run onto any flat surface and get pixel close to the edge and your character will start gaining velocity super fast. Strafe away from the flat surface and time your jumps to maintain momentum.
This works on pretty much every surface. Bonus speed if the surface is a ramp. It seems that the acceleration is caused by ramps in general.​

This is awesome, finally a genuinely fun gamplay mechanic

soulburner

Cipher
Time for an upgrade. My Ryzen 3600 + RX570 4 GB cannot run the game smoothly enough. Lowest details, dynamic CAS set to 75% and the first hour or so runs pretty well, but going out into the city drops the frames to about 44 fps. Completely unplayable. Awaiting RTX3060Ti availability and price drop. Going back to AC: Odyssey for the time being :D

edit - according to this the game looks to be very CPU bound. I recall The Witcher 3 was too and it was one of the few games that like fast RAM frequencies, even on an i5-2500K where it was always considered a CPU that doesn't care about memory speed.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist

Man , Speedrun strats so early? HYPED for the runs already.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I'd be much more interested in playing a cyberpunk game where you are managing CDPR instead. The story is you're about to release a game but the problem is most of the developers that made your previous games have left leaving you with a void of talent to actually deliver on expectations. Your objective is to reach EIGHT MILLION preorders despite having nothing to earn such a feat. To this end you must utilize trickery and deception.

Back of the box features:

-Mismanage funds in a variety of ways such as hiring accomplished celebrities to be the face of your game.
-Build and usurp the faith and goodwill by changing what your product hopes to achieve, start as an RPG but end as an action platformer! The possibilities are endless.
-Call on board diversity hires of varying backgrounds. Codehounds need not apply! Promote your Mexican janitor to creative director, make a gang member your community manager, maybe even unlock the dreaded "Ladies in Red."
-Hire influencers and e-personalities to persuade the masses even further! Streamers, content creators, they all exist to push you to your ultimate goal! Reward them with early access... or don't!
-Strongarm and threaten reviewers and infomags to play on a specific hardware build and intentionally leave out performance hiccups and game breaking bugs.
-Have a leak? Make your own plug by deploying Polish hitmen to tirelessly work around the clock and bring them down with tactics such as shilling on forums, DMCA bombs, and even forcing moderators on third party sites to silence all dissension. Remember, the day one patch will fix it!
-Comes with 120 page cluebook and Crispy Crunch candybar, so you can really munch while you make your team crunch!

*Cluebook sold separately, candybar may be passed expiration date. Consult a doctor if you develop epilepsy.

Jrpgfan

Erudite

This is awesome, finally a genuinely fun gamplay mechanic

Emergent gameplay.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
By the looks of it, the game really seems to have needed another 1 to 2 years of development time. When reviewers are not allowed to show gameplay footage and when all of them sound like they are reading a press release and CDPR going after anyone / everyone who posted console footage or any game footage was enough red flags to show that something seriously is wrong with the game.

They are probably jealous that Fitgirl didn't even see it worth it to create a repack / pirate of this unfinished piece of shit

Perkel

Arcane
Regarding Point of Interests. They did them better here than in TW3. There are effectively few layers of those.

- There are services POI which naturally lead you to various services around the city. This is normal and expected.
- There are NCPD pois which are actually NCPD contracts as NCPD uses mercs so you hunting those gangs and shit is mostly for NCPD and you are working as hired gun for them.
- There are kind of blue stars like which only you can see when you are near those are also NCPD but random i guess. Kind of events that happen on the spot and NCPD is called to solve those where you can just take part and solve them for them.
- There are no "hidden caches", "smugglers crates", "interesting locations" etc like TW3
- There are mission pois from fixers but they call you first or send messages with info so they are not there when you start, Street Cred unlocks them as you level up SC.
- There are ordinary mission pois but those are normal and expected.

Overall they did much better job than TW3. All feel natural instead of being like TW3 where Geralt was psychic. Blue ones representing NCPD contract work are the most numerous but it feels ok as those are just merc job on their board.
So TLDR they don't feel at all like those in TW3 or other ubisoft games.

They are probably jealous that Fitgirl didn't even see it worth it to create a repack / pirate of this unfinished piece of shit

Nah the more i play it the more and more i get feeling most of bugs are just small glitches, on pc at least. Base old gen console versions are just what they are, kind of like witcher on switch. Can't squeeze honey out of a rock they just don't have juice to keep up. Pro version of those consoles have small issues but mostly keep framerate at 30.

So far i am impressed how stable actual gameplay is considering those graphical glitches. I am yet to run into any gameplay bug and i have nearly 20 hours already.

Last edited:

kangaxx

Arbiter
I can understand why they cut 3rd person view. After a few hours, my V looked like a clown, as I only looked at the numbers. My best armor item at the moment is a tank top. Naturally goes well with that straw hat.

6h in and I'm wearing red knee high boots and hot pants as a male V: better armour rating than corpo military grade trousers and boots. My baseball cap has a better armour rating than my old anti-ballistic helmet.

It's pants-on-head retarded.

hell bovine

Arcane
This game has the potential to become the next Oblivion of bug memes. Apparrntly if you do a quick spin around on the street the npcs will disappear.

kangaxx

Arbiter
I am yet to run into any gameplay bug and i have nearly 20 hours already.

Crikey I've had a few. Jackie got stuck in a door in a warehouse. I got stuck needing to "talk to the ripperdoc", but couldn't do so and couldn't move the quest on. Somehow managed to get a save that wouldn't load up again. Had my car explode on me more than once for no reason.

Gargaune

Magister
Someone has played Deus Ex, someone has played some immersive sim, and suddenly CP77 is bad because it doesn't copy the "right" play style that they are used to.
I wanted orange. It gave me lemon-lime.

Do report if you find a setting that works well. Also if you are interested check the manual upscaling method I described. It works so well for me for 1080-to-1440 upscale, and the game run so smoothly now, that I think it's worth trying out for anyone who is running at around 40fps to bring him to a 60fps. I'll compare some screenshots later to confirm how much visual difference there is between the native 1440p vs the 1080p upscale + sharpening. Maybe it will stand out more in still screenshots, but ingame I barely feel any difference.
Okay, ran a bunch of different configs to see what works best, this is with Medium Raytracing in the Corpo intro in Lizzy's Bar. Static Fidelity FX CAS is a no-go for me - the image quality is much worse, which isn't really surprising given that 75% of 1050p is quite something else than 75% of 1440p, but I won't be tinkering with any further because I immediately ended up losing around 10% of my framerate this way. It's not really a shocker that nVidia's scaling algorithm would perform better than AMD's on a GeForce.

I did try the reverse of that approach, though, something that someone suggested in this thread, and that's using a higher DSR resolution in combination with a lower DLSS setting. Redundant in principle, right, just cancels each other out? Sure, but what I was after was taking some load off the CPU and passing it back to the GPU for thermal reasons. While that does seem to bear out in that I got a very solid picture quality even before Sharpening with 1.5x DSR and DLSS Balanced, the 10% FPS loss again made it hard to justify. A 1.2x DSR with DLSS Balanced runs the same as native resolution with DLSS Quality, and it almost looks the same aside from a little more artifacting around lights in the back.

So I went back to native resolution plus DLSS Quality and Image Sharpening 0.7 with Ignore Film Grain 0.3. It's running well so far (we'll see once I get to larger, more crowded areas) and it looks pretty good, the sharpening definitely improves things. I couldn't see a huge difference from forcing AA off from nVidia's config, I think it looks a little crisper but it was hard to be sure in the scene, but then again I didn't see any new jaggies pop up either, so I'll stick with it off for now and see how I get on.

Gerrard

Arcane
Fun fact, turning off chromatic aberration does not remove it from the HUD. I was wondering if it's possible to get better UI colors with the colorblind options, and the first one that changes it to purple has atrocious chromatic aberration that just made me think my eyes are fucked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom