Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Tyrr

Liturgist
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...or-leaves-embattled-game-developer-cd-projekt

I wonder how bad the "bullying" was. Probably all the americans they hired crying
By this time next year there won't be a single competent person left at CDRP, just the narcissistic management and the woke cult of subhuman degenerates they surrounded themselves with.

They've been bleeding talent since before the release of Witcher 3, and it's only gotten worse over time. The end result of this brain drain was Cyberpunk 2077, and I can't imagine things will improve in the future.
I can see them going the Bethesda route and re-re-release Witcher 3, like they do with Skyrim. Maybe even remaster Witcher 1&2.

Gargaune

Magister
I can see them going the Bethesda route and re-re-release Witcher 3, like they do with Skyrim.
You're half-right, CDPR has been working on a Witcher 3 re-release for PS5, Xbox Series Too Many X's and PC with technical improvements and raytracing. The difference is it'll be a free update for those who already bought the full Witcher 3 package. I think it was last rumoured for this year, but who knows now.

Edit: Actually, I misremembered, there is no difference, Bethesda also gave Skyrim SE away for free to people who already owned Skyrim and all its DLC.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...or-leaves-embattled-game-developer-cd-projekt

I wonder how bad the "bullying" was. Probably all the americans they hired crying
By this time next year there won't be a single competent person left at CDRP, just the narcissistic management and the woke cult of subhuman degenerates they surrounded themselves with.

Vavra from Warhorse just posted on FB Tomaszkiewicz was a chill boss, according to his buddies from CDPR. Apparently CDPR changed a lot with veterans leaving and New Blood (TM) arriving, it stopped being a creatively free place where you could speak openly. He said "any creative effort this big and this expensive involves creative differences" and people sometimes freaking out and arguing and making fools of themselves.

Yeah, no kidding, it's called "being human". Personally I'm not concerned about this dude's future, I bet he already has a dozen offers, very hush hush obviously.

Quillon

Arcane

damn, watching/reading his interviews was the highlights of W3 hype days for me, he didn't look the type to "bully" anyone tho

this was the dude who rose very quickly from tester to game director with his design inputs, big loss probably. replace him with an incompetent fuck who has the "right" views and attitude CDPR, that's the way! down

might be awkward for his brother now but he was pretty woke, should be safe to continue working :P

then again he was the lead of the "open world team" responsible for CP's filler content which sucked, albeit the team was formed late in development and prolly didn't have enough time

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
The Vávra post

When you make the best game ever, and then some underling accuses you of bullying, the company you made billions for investigates you for months, nothing is proven, but you leave anyway, and you apologize for something you didn't do along the way, because you're effectively unemployable from now on, so at least you hope that if you sprinkle ashes on your head (idiom, english alternative is eat humble pie), they'll let you live out somewhere and won't witchhunt you. New age.
The end of the creative industry...
I have a couple of friends in CDP, and they said he was a cool guy. All the while talking about how with the arrival of new young staff, the era of being able to tell some jokes openly is over and apparently a normal creative argument is considered bullying.
It is quite common in creative work where there is a lot of stress, it takes a long time, there is a lot going on and there are a lot of different people working there with different opinions and visions that these people argue, shout at each other and sometimes act like jerks. To fire (or force to leave) a man who was the director of one of the best games of all time because of this is indeed "fascinating"...
I'm curious to see how someone new who is friends with everyone and never offends anyone at work will handle this.
And please, this all happened in Poland, where they drink even more than we do and the most popular word is kurwa, not in the US.
I recommend reading some making off on how some cult films and other works of art were made. A nice example is Apocalypse Now. Coppolla would end up in jail today and never make anything else.

Gerrard

Arcane
tK3Wcb1.jpg

:imokay:

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
The Vávra post

When you make the best game ever, and then some underling accuses you of bullying, the company you made billions for investigates you for months, nothing is proven, but you leave anyway, and you apologize for something you didn't do along the way, because you're effectively unemployable from now on, so at least you hope that if you sprinkle ashes on your head (idiom, english alternative is eat humble pie), they'll let you live out somewhere and won't witchhunt you. New age.
I have a couple of friends in CDP, and they said he was a cool guy. All the while talking about how with the arrival of new young staff, the era of being able to tell some jokes openly is over and apparently a normal creative argument is considered bullying.
It is quite common in creative work where there is a lot of stress, it takes a long time, there is a lot going on and there are a lot of different people working there with different opinions and visions that these people argue, shout at each other and sometimes act like jerks. To fire (or force to leave) a man who was the director of one of the best games of all time because of this is indeed "fascinating"...
I'm curious to see how someone new who is friends with everyone and never offends anyone at work will handle this.
And please, this all happened in Poland, where they drink even more than we do and the most popular word is kurwa, not in the US.
I recommend reading some making off on how some cult films and other works of art were made. A nice example is Apocalypse Now. Coppolla would end up in jail today and never make anything else.

Where was this posted? Also who is still staying at CDPR? Pawel seems like a fake nice western type traitor so makes sense he'd stay. It does seem like all the people who work there are basically Californian in thought now

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The Vávra post

Where was this posted? Also who is still staying at CDPR? Pawel seems like a fake nice western type traitor so makes sense he'd stay. It does seem like all the people who work there are basically Californian in thought now

Pawel is the Neil Druckmann of CDPR. He will stab his way to the top and then he will remake Witcher as SJW fan-fiction.

Paul_cz

Arcane
on his FB

and if by Pawel you mean Sasko, I like his enthusiasm, frankly. And given how long he's been there, I doubt he's much into the western wokester coolaid.

DeepOcean

Arcane
What I find hilarious is that for all their efforts of being massive cucks, the only thing CDPR got was this vermin Jason Scherier rounding around their creative decomposed carcasse crazy to grab some pieces of the body to gain notoriety.

Last edited:

fork

The Vávra post

After decades of watching this shit become worse and worse ever faster, I still don't understand how all of this can actually happen. It must be humans are even worse, spineless and pathetic shit than I thought, but I already think quite lowly of them, so it really is a fucking mystery.

Jabberwacky

Barely Literate
Was there ever a call on whether this was/is an RPG or not?

Also, is it stable enough to play on PC now or should avoid?

DeepOcean

Arcane
They said it was a RPG.
Big boss decided for a crazy deadline, so they cut the RPG and removed the RPG from the description.
So, this is an action game with MMO RPG elements now.
It is stable enough on the PC, just dont expect more than cyber Far Cry with common graphical glitches and unfinished mechanics for some comic relief.

tritosine2k

Erudite
DLSS has nothing to do with RTX , by all accounts it's using tensor cores not RT.

That's for the worse, because
https://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/120656-nvidia-adds-ray-tracing-tech-temporal-anti-aliasing-taa/

as explained here, TAA "edges" can be touched up with ray tracing, and then the cost becomes comparable with ACTUAL anti aliasing.
Which on DLSS's part is not comparable, so how anyone expects correct (AA) output instead of just softened image is beyond me. Yeah, stand in place and don't touch the controls , and "evaluate" on static picture it's comparable to AA , that's just an unrealistic scenario .
Besides Disney tried this with offline animation and failed, yet they had all the incentive.
Maybe it's just that shipping broke tech with broke games won't make much of a diff ?

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Reminder that this is still a thing:

This is the reason I fucking hate all that talk about "muh bugs", drowning out everything else. Fuck bugs. This is way, WAY more serious problem. Compared to shit like this bugs are a fucking joke.

Jesus Christ. So this mission is so scripted, you always win it, even if you don't fire a single bullet?

Codex Year of the Donut
DLSS has nothing to do with RTX , by all accounts it's using tensor cores not RT.

That's for the worse, because
https://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/120656-nvidia-adds-ray-tracing-tech-temporal-anti-aliasing-taa/

as explained here, TAA "edges" can be touched up with ray tracing, and then the cost becomes comparable with ACTUAL anti aliasing.
Which on DLSS's part is not comparable, so how anyone expects correct (AA) output instead of just softened image is beyond me. Yeah, stand in place and don't touch the controls , and "evaluate" on static picture it's comparable to AA , that's just an unrealistic scenario .
Besides Disney tried this with offline animation and failed, yet they had all the incentive.
Maybe it's just that shipping broke tech with broke games won't make much of a diff ?
Which part of this adds the fun?

mkultra

Augur
Jesus Christ. So this mission is so scripted, you always win it, even if you don't fire a single bullet?

well, at least it made somewhat sense, driver crashed (distracted?), they died (...hopefully?) - mission accomplished! :P

Very lazy design though and you certainly get the impression that the game was eventually rushed, and much of the earlier work just scrapped.
They have worked on it for at least 9 years, which is a lot for a decently large studio.. With Witcher 3 i think they did something a bit similar but not as extreme perhaps, the first engine/renderer was scrapped (which looked a bit better, but i guess performance etc was shit). They did use images from it up until release to promote the game though, made me lose respect for them completely.

They were also granted 7 million USD from their government to develop groundbreaking AI, and MultiPlayer.. Neither of which is in the game.. lol.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Was there ever a call on whether this was/is an RPG or not?

Also, is it stable enough to play on PC now or should avoid?

It's not an RPG. It's a moderately enjoyable, mostly linear cinematic storyfag game with some unfinished and terribly wonky RPG elements bolted on, plus an open world nest-hunting experience that's actually decent brainless fun for a while. Art design-wise and graphics-wise it's very good (bar the bugs). Weapon variety and fx impact (both visual and audio) are pretty good, and the shooter experience is good for this type of game. Music is great in places, annoying in others; the in-game "radio" is stellar. Quest design is uneven: there are some good quests - even a few quite interesting and moving ones - but C&C is minimal apart from a few "showcase" bits of C&C, and some immersive simmery here and there, and although the virtual world looks fantastic at times, and is immersive in that sense, it's almost totally unresponsive.

It's been stable enough to play on the PC from release, for the most part (at least I never had much trouble with it on my potato, and in a hundred or so hours of gameplay I didn't experience that many serious bugs, just a few comical ones here and there).

Whether you'll enjoy it or not depends on your tolerance level for action popamole gameplay. If you enjoyed TW3 you'll probably enjoy this somewhat, but not nearly as much. As I've maintained from the beginning, it's about a 6-6.5/10 on a clean objective score, not as terrible as some are bandwaggoning, but not very good either. It has its moments at the "cinematic experience" level (even a few great moments), but they're not enough to make it a great game. The score will probably bump up to about 7-7.5 or so, maybe even 8 in a year's time if they keep working at it - although some here say that the gameplay flaws are too intrinsic and deep to be solvable, no matter how much bugfixing and tweaking they do, and that may be true, I don't know.

Buy on discount, otherwise wait a year.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Its obviously inferior to The Witcher 3 in most aspects.
But the combat gameplay I've found more fun here - prefer decent shooting (great weapon design, nice visual feedback and animations) to bad melee. Of course, enemy AI could be better....

SoupNazi

Reminder that this is still a thing:

This is the reason I fucking hate all that talk about "muh bugs", drowning out everything else. Fuck bugs. This is way, WAY more serious problem. Compared to shit like this bugs are a fucking joke.

It's kinda bullshit though, he's playing on the easiest difficulty. You can see his life going down as he gets hit. When the game came out, probably because of my potato rig, I had trouble with that sequence because the pistol didn't load and I couldn't shoot back and, on max diff, they kill you in seconds. The solution to get past was do what that guy did - drop difficulty to journo mode so you can get shot at for days without dying.

All you need to do, on any difficulty, in all the driving+shooting missions, is not aim / look at the enemies. Stare at the ground.

Paul_cz

Arcane
They have worked on it for at least 9 years

The development timeline of Cyberpunk is:

2012 - license bought, game announced, CGI teaser released, preproduction done by small team
2013 - almost everyone who worked on C77 gets assigned to work on Witcher 3 instead, because it grew in scope and needs all help it can get
2015 - Witcher 3 is shipped, team works on expansions
2016 - Blood and Wine ships, small team works on preproduction of Cyberpunk again (all stuff done previously gets thrown out), full production starts by the end of 2016, with 250 people, growing over the next 4 years to 530 (and onboarding all the newcomers ain't easy, and apparently there is friction given what happened with Konrad)

So, technically, one could say Cyberpunk has been in "some capacity" worked on for 9 years, but in reality, the actual game that was shipped was really only in development for 4 years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom