Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

CD Projekt's CYBERPUNK 2077 Release Thread - Concerned For The Consoles

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Sam Ecorners, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Gargaune Cipher

Gargaune
    Next Friday.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    For interesting stuff to be actually interesting, CDPR would need to balance their open world shooter. Good luck with that.

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Fedora Master Arcane Patron

Fedora Master
    They aren't going to magically fix this. Stop being delusional.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Maxie Arcane

Maxie
    why is this thread still going on if the game has proven to be a lacklustre waste of anyone's time and money, a scam yet unseen in the industry, the final nail in CDPR's coffin, and probably gay as well
    some of y'all really like to go for low-hanging pats on the back it seems

• it is a mystery x 2
    • :M x 2
    • Participation Award x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. racofer Thread Incliner

racofer
    It's like watching a derailed train. You can't get over it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  6. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    The ad itself wasn't as amusing as the drama - trannies complained about objetification and tranny chasers, then people saying "no no no the ad celebrates trans people as sexually attractive", then other people pointed out that all the ads in the game are supposed to make you feel uncomfortable because dystopia, then other other people claim that cdpr are bigots for making an ad with an erect feminine dick designed to make the player feel uneasy.

• honk honk! honk honk! x 3
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. gabel Learned

gabel
    People who bought this crap are so retarded that asking them not to be delusional is like asking a blind man who stumbled to open his eyes... or something.

• Agree x 2
    • retadred x 2
    • Participation Award x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    • Okily Dokily! x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Barbarian Arcane

Barbarian
    I have owned a sealed physicial copy of the game for ps4 for about 4 months now. No interest in playing a bugged and unfinished game. Will wait till year's end for the ps5 update, more bugfixes and some dlc.

And to think I preordered this shit.

• WTF am I reading x 3
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • consume product x 1
    • cuck x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Shit x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. gurugeorge Arcane

gurugeorge
    It's partly what racofer says, but also partly that one is constantly haunted by the sense while playing the game that it coulda' been a contender - there are enough flashes of the same kind of excellence that TW3 had to make it fascinating to wonder about what went wrong, to trace the steps in what might have gone wrong, etc.

I said way up-thread what I think: getting Keanu on-board was a great marketing move in one way, but the rush to integrate him into the protagonist's story so closely, while making for an interesting story in and of itself, probably also derailed a game that would have been much better had they simply finished what they'd been on-track to finish, but just had a few Keanu cameos. When Keanu appeared, I never expected or wanted anything more than a few cool cameos from him. And there's enough evidence in terms of bits of earlier hype and advertising, seemingly truncated quests, disconnections where one feels there should have been connections, to support that idea that there was another, better but unfinished game underneath and prior to the Keanu-integrated game.

Or to put it another way, they might have been able to pull off Keanu integration AND finish the game they were on-track to finishing if they'd had more time, but they just didn't have enough time to do both, so they made the decision to go with the better ploy from the point of view of marketing. And that turns out to have been the wrong decision.

Something like that, anyway.

• I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Zer0wing Cipher

Zer0wing
    Well... If Mr.Studd/Mignight Lady were still a wearable thing, that joke art would be funny and not too out of place.

^ Top  
  11. Gargaune Cipher

Gargaune
    God help me, this game... I finally deigned to do the parade mission and after suffering through a neverending sequence of coughing and falling over in the aftermath, I'm now stuck with a UI bug that displays Hints regardless of the setting and also shows me the speedometer while on foot... And the 2021 Alex Jacobson Award for best Well Done goes to CDPR!

• Funny x 6
    • incline x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Crispy Don't get old. Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

Crispy
    1. Use a terminal/computer in-game and go through some of its options, doesn't matter which one. That'll fix the hints problem, I believe.

2. Complete any mission in which at some point the UI is completely disabled, i.e. one in which you're taken through a scripted sequence where you have no control. That resets the speedometer bug.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Gargaune Cipher

Gargaune
    Cheers, I'll give it a go next time I play. My entire game just went tits up earlier for some reason, lost 20 FPS all of a sudden when loading my Act 3 save and it stayed that way. It's working again now, but I'm not sure whether it was power cycling the PC or plugging the mods off and on again that did it. Probably the former, maybe something didn't terminate cleanly before.

^ Top  
  14. Crispy Don't get old. Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

Crispy
    If you were anywhere near the main market of Japantown that might explain why. After leaving that place even my fps drops into the 70s and I have to restart the game to get it back to 100fps sustained.

^ Top  
  15. Gargaune Cipher

Gargaune
    I was in Pacifica after a main quest "cinematic", and that's the thing, neither loading a different save, going elsewhere, nor restarting the game fixed it. Only rebooting the PC did the trick, so I suspect the game left some shit dangling in memory.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Old Hans Cipher

Old Hans
    sounds like your computer is haunted by a ghost. Maybe JOhynny silverhats

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Gargaune Cipher

Gargaune
    setup.exe was the real Relic all along.

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. toro Arcane

toro
    *inspired by cp2077*

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • nice nice x 2
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 2
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Quillon Magister

Quillon
    this is still the state of the game after 6 months? lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Crispy Don't get old. Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

Crispy
    It is a rather irritating bug if/when it shows up, but hardly a show-stopper.

^ Top  
  21. Lambach Arcane

Lambach
    Lul, despite being trash, it sold more copies than the fucking Bible. CDPR's gonna be around for a very, very long time, as a sort of a Bioware - Kurwa Edition, with slightly less shit writing.

• decline x 2
    • Despair x 2
    • feels good man x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Paul_cz Arcane

Paul_cz
    In other words, clown world.

• honk honk! honk honk! x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Gargaune Cipher

Gargaune
    Crispy, and in case anyone else runs into the same UI issues, hitting up a Joytoy seems to have fixed both the Hints and the speedometer display bugs, thanks for the suggestion.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Zer0wing Cipher

Zer0wing
    That's debatable.

• not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.