Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Perkel

Arcane
I've been revisiting the game with Tyler McVicker's 100+ mod spreadsheet and this one in particular really sticks out. Has anyone tried it?
Immersive Roleplay provide a new game experience.
- Gang Wars
- Multiplayer feature
- Scripting System
- Flying AV
- Editor in Game
- Custom Quest
- Taxi mission and service
- Team building
- Custom house, housing and interaction
- A framework to design your own world in Night city !
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1339?tab=description

Need to test it later. Seems to be quite advanced and it is more like whole API than just a mod.

Wesp5

Arcane
I have just finished the game with all endings except for the secret one and must say I quite liked it regardless of the bugs and gameplay issues. In my opinion the main quest and the big sidequest were good, but all those NCPD and fixer gigs were too much filler! And of course the itemisation was almost as bad as in The Outer Worlds with me almost always having full ammo for each weapon and ending up with over 1000 healing items and over a million of cash because too much loot is everywhere. Also CP probably has the worst QA since Bloodlines. I'm not talking about overall problems like stupid car-AI or pedestrians popping up or such which might be caused by the last generation console specs, but very obvious simple stuff that I would be able to fix in Bloodlines in a few minutes. Like missing arms or feet in critical endgame cutscenes! I mean did nobody ever test them while choosing Johnny's side of the endings? That's almost as stupid as that nobody at Troika or Activision ever played Bloodlines through with a Nosferatu character!

Last edited:

Tyrr

Liturgist
This game can't be saved by mods.

I would say it depends on the "power" of the mod tools
Unlike Skyrim, CP2077 foundation - the base gameplay, world map and main quest - aren't terrible, it's everything around it that is
So it's not completely unsalvageable like Skyrim (not counting total conversions of course)
CP77 is to dependent on the main story (unlike Skyrim) to get a bunch of mods and just fuck around in the world (like you do in Skyrim). Unless mods find a way to remove most of the main story and make it a sandbox game in Night City.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I want to review this game but I think I will do what I did for Resident Evil Village and just rant for an hour and a half on youtube. The idea of writing all of it down is soul crushing.

Perkel

Arcane
main quest - aren't terrible
???
it's the primary reason mods can't save it

? Main quest is good. Especially since each ending is pertty great and fits right into your playtrough archetype. There is also plenty to RP when you play game as game outside of main quest is all pretty much optional.

My first playtrough was really great. RPed as outsider and finished game leaving city. It was rare case of high brow writting and moreover it fit just right they way i RPed which is doubly impressive since good writting is incredibly hard when you have options.

Vatnik Wumao
Codex Year of the Donut
ahh, I got it, you guys just quit the game after the big heist
yeah, that makes sense why you think the main quest is good. Because everything after that is pure shit and there's no way you could be talking about that content.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Wesp5 , what do you think of my proposition to move on from Bloodlines to CP2077, to start modding it and restore cut content, so you can save the game like what you did with bloodlines?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
WESP going big dick on cyberpunk restoration mod 1.0 would definitely make me come back for another playthrough, especially with cut cuntent, which if acquired, seems like alot.

And yea the main story was kind of great, eventho it was on-rails, but it was good enough.

Wesp5

Arcane
At the moment I just wait for what CDR will be doing and what other modders do already. Also the tools are quite bad right now even compared to the unofficial ones created for Bloodlines! But I already have some ideas that I will try if nobody else does, like changing icon colors so that only the real quests are yellow and everything else is blue to make clear what is filler and what is not. Also how could they forget to add night vision to the scan mode and why can't we have a flashlight although we have one during the underwater mission?

Wesp5

Arcane
And yea the main story was kind of great, eventho it was on-rails, but it was good enough.

Actually I was quite surprised that for a long time there were three main quest lines that you could do as you liked and only in the end the main story got completely linear.

Wesp5

Arcane
. Also how could they forget to add night vision to the scan mode and why can't we have a flashlight although we have one during the underwater mission?
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2913

Yeah, I already tried that, but compared to the build in underwater flashlight it's rather buggy and sometimes so bright you will not see anything anymore. Still, the game already has a nice flashlight build in for only one mission! The same goes for night vision. Yes, there are some mods trying to simulate it using Reshade, but why? We already have perfect night vision included in some weapon scopes! Why not add this as default to scan mode or at least as a mod to your opticals? This is cyberpunk after all!

Perkel

Arcane
I'm guessing that he's referring to the fact that doing side content is immersion breaking when you're supposed to be on a timer narratively due to the biochip in your head.

Nope. The whole game is about you looking desperately way out. By default you look anywhere and it is also not like you doing it blind as you are given paths hints that there might be different way out.

If anything the criticism toward main quest is toward beginning of it and to much pigeonholing toward streetish character. Especially the time skip.

Quillon

Arcane
I'm guessing that he's referring to the fact that doing side content is immersion breaking when you're supposed to be on a timer narratively due to the biochip in your head.

Nope.

What nope? I don't know rusty's reasons but that's a very valid issue of the game. At least in RDR2 you have 2/3's of the game not knowing what's gonna happen to the character and almost all the side content is "clearable" in that space, here you're "doomed" right after the prologue and they also expect the player to outright ignore the narrative urgency and do the mostly shit side gigs etc whatever.

The game's/story's main issue is sky high rate of vio... wait...that they tried to make a hollywood blockbuster movie-RPG instead of video game...RPG :P

Wesp5

Arcane
... here you're "doomed" right after the prologue and they also expect the player to outright ignore the narrative urgency and do the mostly shit side gigs etc whatever.

You are doomed in the long run, anything you do in the few days in Night City doesn't really matter. Although the "final doom" so to say is completely stupid techno-babble, just to give the end a negative cyberpunk feeling...

Yosharian

Arcane
I would say it depends on the "power" of the mod tools
Unlike Skyrim, CP2077 foundation - the base gameplay, world map and main quest - aren't terrible, it's everything around it that is
So it's not completely unsalvageable like Skyrim (not counting total conversions of course)
Lmao what.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom