Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Codex Year of the Donut
I can't wait for Tessera to fix Wesp's mod.

That won't be necessary, he is probably already working on a nude patch ;)!

By the time your patch is ready, Tessera won't need to fix it anyway:

http://www.tessmage.com/forum/index.php?topic=60734.0
robots are going to replace us which is why we need mass migration from africa

Wesp5

Arcane
Although the "final doom" so to say is completely stupid techno-babble, just to give the end a negative cyberpunk feeling...

Yes, and the sequel pretty much showed that this was a lie. In my head canon, I already have a reasonable solution for a real happy end to Cyberpunk's V that is actually using the stupid techno-babble to make it work :)!

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Yes, and the sequel pretty much showed that this was a lie. In my head canon, I already have a reasonable solution for a real happy end to Cyberpunk's V that is actually using the stupid techno-babble to make it work :)!
100% this guy will have a solution for this problem in the expansion.

mr-blue-eyes.jpg

Wesp5

Arcane
I would assume that you don't play V anymore in any sequel. But they could actually continue where each ending left off, like in Tucson or at the orbital heist, in upcoming DLCs or expansions. And speaking of DLC, they could also finish side quests with disappointing open ends, like the one with Peralez or Gary the prophet...

Vatnik Wumao
I would assume that you don't play V anymore in any upcoming DLC or expansion.
Theoretically you could. You can have all endings converge with Blue Eyes recruiting you (regardless of your willingness) for some mission of his.

Whether it's with V getting himself revived in a new body after consenting to Arasaka's uploading of his mind into Mikoshi due to Blue Eyes pulling some strings or him finding V after he left with the nomads or became the patron of the Afterlife. And in the case of the ending in which Johnny took over V's body, they don't need Keanu back for VA since Johnny's consciousness being dominant doesn't change V's vocal cords.

Or taken one step further, they could pull a deus ex machina and have Blue Eyes engineer a way to undo the effects of the chip since what was transferred into cyberspace was a copy of V's consciousness and not his 'soul' (or physical brain, whose synthetic components can be readjusted to reflect V's unaltered organic brain rather than changing it into that of Johnny's).

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
And speaking of DLC, they could also finish side quests with disappointing open ends, like the one with Peralez or Gary the prophet...
Those quests are connected though? Gary gets kidnapped by the blue eyed people at the end of his quest and Mr blue eyes is behind the peralez brainwashing and both quest are connected to the plot about AI which I think will be the main plot of one of the expansions.

Here is all the stuff connected to the whole conspiracy going on in the background of the game.

There is also a question what will Alt do now since in every ending but the Arasaka one she merges with all the constructs stored by Arasaka meaning she gets expierience and knowledge of the most influential people in the world.

I would assume that you don't play V anymore in any sequel. But they could actually continue where each ending left off, like in Tucson or at the orbital heist, in upcoming DLCs or expansions
They can just do what they did with lifepaths and converge all the endings into one storyline after 30 mins of intro. Example Panam said they have contacts that can help V in Arizona and that contact would be Mr. Blue eyes. In the afterlife legend ending you meet Mr blue eyes and work for him directly. If johnny takes the body he can come back with the promise of bringing V back from Mr blue eyes etc.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Hate fake urgency plots with a passion, they are always retarded and completely unnecessary, doesnt matter the techno babble used to justify them.

Wesp5

Arcane
Whether it's with V getting himself revived in a new body after consenting to Arasaka's uploading of his mind into Mikoshi due to Blue Eyes pulling some strings or him finding V after he left with the nomads or became the patron of the Afterlife. And in the case of the ending in which Johnny took over V's body, they don't need Keanu back for VA since Johnny's consciousness being dominant doesn't change V's vocal cords.

Or taken one step further, they could pull a deus ex machina and have Blue Eyes engineer a way to undo the effects of the chip since what was transferred into cyberspace was a copy of V's consciousness and not his 'soul' (or physical brain, whose synthetic components can be readjusted to reflect V's unaltered organic brain rather than changing it into that of Johnny's).
My suggestion to that would be to have Alt or Arasaka or Mr. Blue Eyes make another engram of V and upload it to his now empty biochip. It should then re-adjust his body to be perfect for this mind!

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
And speaking of DLC, they could also finish side quests with disappointing open ends, like the one with Peralez or Gary the prophet...
Those quests are connected though? Gary gets kidnapped by the blue eyed people at the end of his quest and Mr blue eyes is behind the peralez brainwashing and both quest are connected to the plot about AI which I think will be the main plot of one of the expansions.

Here is all the stuff connected to the whole conspiracy going on in the background of the game.

There is also a question what will Alt do now since in every ending but the Arasaka one she merges with all the constructs stored by Arasaka meaning she gets expierience and knowledge of the most influential people in the world.

I would assume that you don't play V anymore in any sequel. But they could actually continue where each ending left off, like in Tucson or at the orbital heist, in upcoming DLCs or expansions
They can just do what they did with lifepaths and converge all the endings into one storyline after 30 mins of intro. Example Panam said they have contacts that can help V in Arizona and that contact would be Mr. Blue eyes. In the afterlife legend ending you meet Mr blue eyes and work for him directly. If johnny takes the body he can come back with the promise of bringing V back from Mr blue eyes etc.

Damn this video turned me into a full cospiracy nut. I hope the werewolf thing is real, along with the ghost city of busan.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
they still have 1 hour and 26 minutes to still release the dlc before it turns out that we've been lied to again

I want to believe that this big break is them realizing tiny bullshit DLC won't work and they are just taking 1-2 years of development to try to fix it/bring it in line with multiplayer/anime

CP Roleplay would be great even if janky because people could make the city fun

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
Whatever they do, they will not create a reactive world with complex, non-linear storylines, which, as I'm sure you all remember, was supposed to be the whole hook of the game, not this GTA clone popamole looter shooter bullshit.

Sunsetspawn

Arcane
This game gives me nostalgia for all the good games it reminds me of. I might need to go replay Saints Row 2, New Vegas, or the Jensen duology (fuck very small penis Squeenix, very very small penisuru, fucking stupid nips put the kibash on DE5, those stupid shitcunts shall never be forgiven).

Why must everything suck?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Whatever they do, they will not create a reactive world with complex, non-linear storylines, which, as I'm sure you all remember, was supposed to be the whole hook of the game, not this GTA clone popamole looter shooter bullshit.
He trusted poles lol
Poles are such American babies. Urban Russian zoomers are also American brats. Have Poles, except Witcher 1(2?) ever made good & hardcore RPG? Russians have plenty

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
When it comes to RPGs: Russians>Poles
Poles only think about money and how much cool they will look in eyes of western press. They also are ready to defend to death everything that's anthithesis to good RPG and Poland as long as it's made by Poles and defending it is somehow(?!!) seen patriotic even thou the thing they defend hates Poland. I'm talking about CDPR. Pathetic

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
When it comes to RPGs: Russians>Poles
Poles only think about money and how much cool they will look in eyes of western press. They also are ready to defend to death everything that's anthithesis to good RPG and Poland as long as it's made by Poles and defending it is somehow(?!!) seen patriotic even thou the thing they defend hates Poland. I'm talking about CDPR. Pathetic
Ah, yes, because Russian devs do their work "from the goodness of heart" and not from desire to make money (owlcat and their dlc pass policy, cough, cough) and my countrymen unable to go on full defense of shitty game elements just because devs claim to be Russian studio, despite registered on Cyprus.
I am all for shitting on CDPR for their Cybershit disaster, but lets not act like stupid morons while doing so, ok?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom