Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Can't handle the bacon

Where are all those cdpr defenders that were bashing me when i told the game sucked even before the release? Who Is laughting now?
The same place where all the wrath of the cringefinder defenders have gone - slurping on that delicious foot in their mouths.

Protip: if most of the characters for an upcoming game look like dieversity clowns and/or literal demons, it's not going to be a good game for anyone with any vestiges of sanity and good taste remaining.

Frozen

Arcane
They should learn from their stepfather BioWare - release "Keanu Johnny Silverhand romance pack DLC" and all will be forgiven by the fans.

If you preorder collectors edition you get life size pink dildo statue of Keanu Johnny Silverhand penis.

EvilWolf

Learned
I don't understand the militant hate for this game. The game is nowhere near as broken as you're making it out to be, I've beat it five times and the biggest bug I encountered was dialog audio not playing after around ten hours of play on the day 1 patch. Anecdotal meme videos on Youtube of people playing the game on potatoes aside. The game fills a void for open world cyberpunk games, the story is above average in quality compared to muh "Criminal on the run from the law diagnosed with toobercoolosis (sic) seeking revenge before I die!" meme or anything else released in the last 5 years. Why does everyone have rose colored glasses for RDR2 when comparing it to this game? There is so much woke garbage in RDR2, and for those of you with the memory of goldfish RDR2 was a dumpster fire of bugs on release too.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
I don't understand the militant hate for this game. The game is nowhere near as broken as you're making it out to be, I've beat it five times and the biggest bug I encountered was dialog audio not playing after around ten hours of play on the day 1 patch. Anecdotal meme videos on Youtube of people playing the game on potatoes aside. The game fills a void for open world cyberpunk games, the story is above average in quality compared to muh "Criminal on the run from the law diagnosed with toobercoolosis (sic) seeking revenge before I die!" meme or anything else released in the last 5 years. Why does everyone have rose colored glasses for RDR2 when comparing it to this game? There is so much woke garbage in RDR2, and for those of you with the memory of goldfish RDR2 was a dumpster fire of bugs on release too.
Well, for starters, the game was supposed to be an RPG, not another GTA or RDR. And the reasons for which it is objectively shit are quite more fundamental than it being woefully undertested, buggy and in overall abysmal technical state. Those reasons go back to the core design and, possibly more so, the contrast of this design to the game's fraudulent marketing.

Gargaune

Magister
I don't understand the militant hate for this game.
People love a good roast. The game isn't terrible across the board, it has the odd moment, but it's eminently mediocre in aggregate and that's a massive disappointment relative to the opportunity it had and the expectations it set. It's CDPR's Invisible War.

RDR is shit, GTA is shit, and the most underwhelming parts of both TW3 and CBP is where CDPR drew from that shit. Not that it's a surprise, the studio heads outright said they regard Rockstar as their model of success. It's just that TW3 could leverage its much superior art direction and narrative agency to shine in spite of those mechanical shortcomings, whereas with CBP, multiple mistakes in core design actively work against the game's general flow and pacing and the devs didn't recognise where their TW3 formula wouldn't port well to the new concept.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
TW3 could leverage its much superior art direction and narrative agency to shine in spite of those mechanical shortcomings

Exactly. Problem is the overlap between the GTA and Witcher audiences is not huge. The Witcher audience is kindda nerdy, smart, demanding and appreciate a good story and writing. The GTA audience is by and large, well, retards.

CDPR saw the eye-popping profits GTA online makes and they wanted all that money too. Ignoring the fact they had build a very different fanbase over the previous years.

A big mistake, as Arnold would say.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I agree that compared with RDR 2, Cyberbug feels like a real game and not a horse simulator, however, extremely tired of multi million companies with marketing budgets bigger than the money invested in actual development releasing products in a shit state. If it is an indie game with ambitious goals but short budgets, I have patience with bugs and nonsense, but a big budget project with pasteurized AAA standard gameplay gets alot less patience from me.

Gargaune

Magister
Exactly. Problem is the overlap between the GTA and Witcher audiences is not huge. The Witcher audience is kindda nerdy, smart, demanding and appreciate a good story and writing. The GTA audience is by and large, well, retards.

CDPR saw the eye-popping profits GTA online makes and they wanted all that money too. Ignoring the fact they had build a very different fanbase over the previous years.

A big mistake, as Arnold would say.
Yep, most certainly. Part of the problem is that CDPR seemingly didn't fully grasp what made TW3 so successful, just like they didn't appreciate how throwing "FPS" and "dense urban setting" into that formula would change the demands on the design and their customer base's expectations of it. So instead of consolidating that hard-earned grip on the single-player AARPG market, they ended up damaging their own brand. Some of it can be blamed on the pressures of a publicly-traded company, okay, but it's also clear the studio has some serious lapses in its design department.

What worries me most about all this, though, is that the poor quality of the public discourse around Cyberpunk 2077 will only perpetuate the decline as CDPR will figure fewer bugs and more apartments and taxis will suffice next time around. It won't.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I stopped following CP2077. Now, I look and see THIS!

Hmmm... seems a bit messed up.
Cyberpunk 2077 - Piggyback Interactive Map

Description
Note that the interactive map is available only through an external website, so an internet connection is necessary in order to access it.

Here you can find the redeem instructions.

This product gives you full premium access to the interactive map at maps.piggyback.com

Features:
  • Ultra HD Satellite Map
  • Unlimited progress tracking
  • 800+ Location Screenshots
  • Full coverage of Hidden Gems
  • Unlimited custom notes
  • Share your custom notes

The map works on all internet devices with a modern browser.
So its like a cheat sheet? Reviews weren't kind at all. Is this game done being patched?

Last edited by a moderator:

Avarize

Magister
I preordered the game (I know but what else was I going to do with WoW gold) and decided to wait until it's fixed. I take it I'm never going to get to play it?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Wait until 2077 maybe. Fuck! I'll be 103 years old.

PATCHES STILL.... grizzled MEOW
qiB5eaMoT.jpg

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
i would honestly just wait until both expansions are out and cdpr has released the last patch for the game. the game might crawl to an 8/10 finish line by then as opposed to the 6.5/10 it is now (7/10 if you're a graphics whore; 4/10 if you expect an rpg)

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I preordered the game (I know but what else was I going to do with WoW gold) and decided to wait until it's fixed. I take it I'm never going to get to play it?
The game was playable from day 1,it just wasn't what anyone wanted or expected.
You're also most likely ever going to play it once.

Ravielsk

Magister
You're also most likely ever going to play it once.

Yeah, I wonder why that was. Almost like the marketing was being disingenuous or something.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
I mean yeah you could play the game finish it and enjoy some of the aspects. But it still stands as an example of everything wrong with modern open world game design.
The experience it gives you is really nothing unique.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom