Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Gargaune

Magister
And there is no mod to fix that? Shouldn't be more than changing a number somewhere, no?
I just had another look and it appears there is a mod to do that, albeit in a counterintuitive way - Game Time Tweaks. Rather than alter the sunrise/sunset times, it changes the in-game clock ratio during the respective periods:
By default 1 ingame minute equals 7-8 seconds (depends on time of the day), the mod makes it longer.

Skimming through the comments, the author did follow a request to look into changing the sunrise/sunset times, but couldn't find anything. No bugs reported and no byzantine dependencies, so I might just give this thing a shot. If the game counts "day" from sunrise proper, it's gonna have a miserably long morning twilight, but it'll still be better than what we've got now.

P.S. Actually, there'll also be another minor tradeoff in that night time is designed with low traffic and NPC density, but what can you do?

See it from a positive side: you own a piece of history right there. Like those people who got the Fallout 69 canvas bag.
Now that's just cruel.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I tried setting gamma really low to compensate, but all I achieved was constantly getting stuck on something indoors, since you do not have a flashlight and the scanner does not help.

Has nobody modded a good flashlight into the game yet? Or a night vision mod for your artificial eyes? How could they forget to include this in the base game in the first place!

There are a couple of flashlight mods, the problem is that they don't work very well in fog (they make the fog super-bright), and there's a lot of atmospheric fog in the game in indoor areas.

Dexter

Arcane
1637315036095.jpg

ADL

Prophet
The famous Hollywood actor Keanu Reeves allegedly visited Novi Sad this summer in maximum secrecy, the NS Uzivo portal has learned. According to a source quoted by this portal, the reason for his alleged arrival was not the shooting of a film, but the digitization of his face for one of the globally most popular video games, Cyberpunk 2077.

"Namely, one of the IT companies from Novi Sad was the first in the world to develop technology for digitization of the human face based on recorded dynamic 3D data of a person in motion. They are so good at what they do that they have been recognized by the global IT industry for several years. The actor was in the capital of Vojvodina (province) incognito because neither the company nor he wanted the commotion and the hysteria that would arise due to his popularity, that would have stood in the way of the work of digitizing his face. The precautions were so great that very few people even knew about. Keanu stayed at a secret location," said the source.
https://www.telegraf.rs/english/341...secretly-in-novi-sad-and-not-to-shoot-a-movie
Doubt this is Cyberpunk-related as they already have the in game model plus the one they used for the E3 cinematic trailer but who knows. I'd love to have a Silverhand-focused expansion set in the mid-2010s sometime after the death of Alt Cunningham.

Gargaune

Magister
I'd love to have a Silverhand-focused expansion set in the mid-2010s sometime after the death of Alt Cunningham.
Isn't that the 2020s? Either way, you're not gonna get it, CDPR isn't gonna give Night City a full facelift for the sake of an expansion and besides, you already have Silverhand's story after Alt gets Arasaka'd.

I'm still hoping they do the right thing and give us a proper megadungeon expansion, with branching agency and a fresh protagonist to properly control for character progression in level design. Just play DX4's A Criminal Past, watch Dredd 2012 and fire up the Xerox machine already. And preferably do it sometime this century.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I just want to repeat, I guess as some sort of hope lost post-mortem, that this game, when it was first released, was p. fucking amazing imo.

There were no disappearing NPCs, no popping of whole objects in the world out of existence once you turned around, no AI cars stopping for no reason in the middle of the street (that I can recall), etc.

Some of the early scripted missions were great, especially the iconic one you go on with Jackie.

How sickening it is to see the state the game is in now. It's been neutered and locked in the cuck shed. And CDPR seems utterly clueless as to how to rescue it.

I suppose this might be an argument against the nature of Steam. Steam obv isn't to blame here, but I can't go back and play the game like it was when it first came out.

Fuck.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just want to repeat, I guess as some sort of hope lost post-mortem, that this game, when it was first released, was p. fucking amazing imo.

There were no disappearing NPCs, no popping of whole objects in the world out of existence once you turned around, no AI cars stopping for no reason in the middle of the street (that I can recall), etc.

Some of the early scripted missions were great, especially the iconic one you go on with Jackie.

How sickening it is to see the state the game is in now. It's been neutered and locked in the cuck shed. And CDPR seems utterly clueless as to how to rescue it.

I suppose this might be an argument against the nature of Steam. Steam obv isn't to blame here, but I can't go back and play the game like it was when it first came out.

Fuck.

They fucked it trying to get it to run on everyone's shitty toaster instead of just saying sorry, this shit isn't going to work on your last gen console... or even forking their development or something.

Gargaune

Magister
Bliblablubb, AwesomeButton, you've done your 1.04/1.31 comparisons, comment? I've never had serious performance issues or glitches, but I think I've been noticing a bit more LOD pop-in playing on later builds... Thing is, I don't know if it's a real thing or I just started noticing it more as I got used to the glitz, and I suspect it's the latter.

Mandatory automatic updates are always a liability. The "convenience" isn't worth it.

tritosine2k

Erudite

Fuck.

They fucked it trying to get it to run on everyone's shitty toaster instead of just saying sorry, this shit isn't going to work on your last gen console... or even forking their development or something.

Interesting side areas ,dock(s) ,scrapyard, oil spill areas don't even need that sightseeing grade NPC stuff. Meanwhile "toaster game" Days Gone managed to have many transparency FX, mist etc.:

Even time of day transition good enough for ingame cutscenes, wow. Inner city in cyberpunk is an untimely tour de force it's so untimely they even outsourced it, and discrepancy is obvious vs. that kidnapping cutscene .

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
over past year, did they add missing upgrade recipes for unique weapons? For example can lizzy gun be upgraded all the way now?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Bliblablubb, AwesomeButton, you've done your 1.04/1.31 comparisons, comment? I've never had serious performance issues or glitches, but I think I've been noticing a bit more LOD pop-in playing on later builds... Thing is, I don't know if it's a real thing or I just started noticing it more as I got used to the glitz, and I suspect it's the latter.
All that NPC disappearing and cars stopping in the middle of the road etc was definitely in 1.04, because that was the version I played before reinstalling my OS and not bothering with it again for a year. But the GOG base version was 1.03 AFAIK, Crispy might referr to that one.

Now when I tried it again, I went to 1.30 and everything was... well pretty good I actually. Aside from charged jump being buggy and the Nomad car not spawning correctly. So I took the final hotfix with 1.31.
Bad idea. Baaaaad.
Sure, the car is now there, but... aside from savegames now taking ages to load again, the "playstation experience" is back in full swing, with NPCs/cars running around at ultra low polygon settings for up to a whole minute. While my harddrive is not even doing anything and the fans being barely audible. So it is NOT a problem on my side.
I waited 5 fucking minutes for the Lizzie bar bouncer to spawn, while my toaster was about to go into sleep mode for being underused. Nope, took the day off I guess. I eventually quicksave/loaded to make them pop instantly.

I swear each hotfix fixes one scripting error and breaks 50 new things at the same time. :argh:

Perkel

Arcane
over past year, did they add missing upgrade recipes for unique weapons? For example can lizzy gun be upgraded all the way now?

didn't acquiring unique gun gave you its recipe thus you could level it up as much as you want ?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

didn't acquiring unique gun gave you its recipe thus you could level it up as much as you want ?
a number of weapons had its highest (was legendary highest?) upgrade missing.
For example chaos pistol you can upgrade all the way. Lizzie gun is notable example where it wasnt possible without much explanation. Recipe to do so was always missing regardless of acquired perks.
Notable example since this gun is so well performing one might want to utilize it fully.

typical user

Arbiter

For example chaos pistol you can upgrade all the way. Lizzie gun is notable example where it wasnt possible without much explanation. Recipe to do so was always missing regardless of acquired perks.
Notable example since this gun is so well performing one might want to utilize it fully.

They are fixed. I have upgraded all of them to legendary level 50. I haven't tested Widowmakrer and other guns (except Overwatch) from Nomad quests but they probably work too.

Only Caretaker Shovel is borked - you receive it in legendary version but on a fixed level. Upgrading it all the way to level 50 will take ton of resources.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Mandatory automatic updates are always a liability. The "convenience" isn't worth it.

Like I found out, and Justicar confirmed, the pop in was there from the start:
I've compared the options dump from 1.04 to 1.31, but except for the differences I've pointed out above, there is nothing else of significance. And changing those options doesn't produce any noticeable effect either.

What's the more curious finding is that graphics and LoD actually don't look too different when I start up 1.04. My conclusion is that I've been suffering from rose tinted glasses effect and the downgrade only affected consoles. So, if graphics seem downgraded, they are not, that's just the best CDPR could do for PC.
I told you most of the pop in was here from day 1 they actually improved the load of bilboards and street signs a bit in the newer patches. Anyway the graphics and art direction are one of the few good things about this game.

9phqwdbjj1w71.jpg

dzjxpefjj1w71.jpg

omk6oy6jj1w71.jpg

Bliblablubb

Arcane

They are fixed. I have upgraded all of them to legendary level 50. I haven't tested Widowmakrer and other guns (except Overwatch) from Nomad quests but they probably work too.

Only Caretaker Shovel is borked - you receive it in legendary version but on a fixed level. Upgrading it all the way to level 50 will take ton of resources.
No, Lizzy still has no golden upgrade as of my 1.31. Not that it really matters, all you loose is one mod slot.
And the Maelstrom guy is still buggy and does not drop the Psalm AR blueprint half of the time. I was already 2 hour past him when I realized I was one bp short. Oh well, console is your friend to fix it. :hahano:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom