Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Funfact: I finally got the Delamain car to talk. Turns out it's not a bug, but the result of a lame design decision.
See, you get 3 options to solve his quest:
a) Reset him ("killing" his other personalities)
b) Blow the core up ("killing" him but setting the fragments free)
c)Merge them
Since I am conditioned that options requiring a skillcheck are the best deal, I always picked c. Which is the "I don't want to choose in a moral dilemma" option, they probably added later as a halfassed lame option.

This time I thought: "he saved V's life, gotta pay him back" and picked a. Then you get a talking car, because he has lost his memories and informs you occasionally about his journey to understand humans. :salute:

Also to all the consoletards out there: the "assault in progress" in Pacifica rewarding you gorilla arms not being there for you from the start is also not a bug. If you bothered to read the shard there you might have noticed: it's a response to the player clearing the GIM, so maybe, just maybe you need to, you know, do exactly that before? :hahano:
But reading is too much to ask from those I guess...

typical user

Arbiter
over past year, did they add missing upgrade recipes for unique weapons? For example can lizzy gun be upgraded all the way now?

didn't acquiring unique gun gave you its recipe thus you could level it up as much as you want ?
a number of weapons had its highest (was legendary highest?) upgrade missing.
For example chaos pistol you can upgrade all the way. Lizzie gun is notable example where it wasnt possible without much explanation. Recipe to do so was always missing regardless of acquired perks.
Notable example since this gun is so well performing one might want to utilize it fully.

They are fixed. I have upgraded all of them to legendary level 50. I haven't tested Widowmakrer and other guns (except Overwatch) from Nomad quests but they probably work too.

Only Caretaker Shovel is borked - you receive it in legendary version but on a fixed level. Upgrading it all the way to level 50 will take ton of resources.
No, Lizzy still has no golden upgrade as of my 1.31. Not that it really matters, all you loose is one mod slot.
And the Maelstrom guy is still buggy and does not drop the Psalm AR blueprint half of the time. I was already 2 hour past him when I realized I was one bp short. Oh well, console is your friend to fix it. :hahano:

You sure about that?

8JLknj5.png

This character was started with 1.3.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
i guess they are not retroactive Bliblablubb trigger for adding this recipe was in previous version

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
over past year, did they add missing upgrade recipes for unique weapons? For example can lizzy gun be upgraded all the way now?

didn't acquiring unique gun gave you its recipe thus you could level it up as much as you want ?
For example chaos pistol you can upgrade all the way. Lizzie gun is notable example where it wasnt possible without much explanation. Recipe to do so was always missing regardless of acquired perks.
Notable example since this gun is so well performing one might want to utilize it fully.

They are fixed. I have upgraded all of them to legendary level 50. I haven't tested Widowmakrer and other guns (except Overwatch) from Nomad quests but they probably work too.

Only Caretaker Shovel is borked - you receive it in legendary version but on a fixed level. Upgrading it all the way to level 50 will take ton of resources.
No, Lizzy still has no golden upgrade as of my 1.31. Not that it really matters, all you loose is one mod slot.
And the Maelstrom guy is still buggy and does not drop the Psalm AR blueprint half of the time. I was already 2 hour past him when I realized I was one bp short. Oh well, console is your friend to fix it. :hahano:

You sure about that?

8JLknj5.png

You have to start a new game for some of the fixes to work when I loaded an old save from version 1.03 on patch 1.31 there were all sorts of bugs that I never seen on my new character that I made on the latest patch.

Bliblablubb

Arcane

You sure about that?

8JLknj5.png

You have to start a new game for some of the fixes to work when I loaded an old save from version 1.03 on patch 1.31 there were all sorts of bugs that I never seen on my new character that I made on the latest patch.
Odd. The save was from 1.04, but I only picked it up in 1.31 and checked yesterday after reading the question.
But who knows, scripting in this game is still a wonky mess, with stupid hidden triggers halfway into quests. Very Bethesda.
The Afterlife fixer hasn't called me yet either after probably weeks of in game time. If you do automatic love to the point where you are off to Clouds BEFORE getting the infos from Rogue, he calls the moment you leave the bar. This time I tried to ignore the main quest and just wanted the hacks from him. Nope, shit broke. Car repair was blocked too, didn't get it until I finished Clouds, while already cruising in a Delamain. :hahano:

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

You sure about that?

8JLknj5.png

Odd. The save was from 1.04, but I only picked it up in 1.31 and checked yesterday after reading the question.
But who knows, scripting in this game is still a wonky mess, with stupid hidden triggers halfway into quests. Very Bethesda.
The Afterlife fixer hasn't called me yet either after probably weeks of in game time. If you do automatic love to the point where you are off to Clouds BEFORE getting the infos from Rogue, he calls the moment you leave the bar. This time I tried to ignore the main quest and just wanted the hacks from him. Nope, shit broke. Car repair was blocked too, didn't get it until I finished Clouds, while already cruising in a Delamain. :hahano:
Crossing districts borders seems to trigger most quests for example after finishing Panam main quest when you cross the border between night city and the badlands Elizabeth peralez will call you with the mayor quest.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Nah, I have been riding Delamain through half of Night Shity to hear him talk. He will probably pop up if I finish Ghost Town. Some day. But now I don't need those hacks anymore anyway. Since the rarity is tied to your level, access points tend to occasionally caugh up purple now too.

They would have been useful in the beginning, since the purple Sonic thing lets you counter CDPR's new solution to people playing the game by sneak hacking a whole building while sitting in their car without ever been detected: after 2 hacks they start "position reveal" hacking you. Oh noes, let's just slap the Sonic thing on one, affecting the whole squad and...ignore you again. :balanced:

Hacking is still the overpowered stuff it was before, they just nerfed Contagion into Lolblivion. Solution? Use the rippler deck and shock the monkeys instead. :hahano:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
speaking of hacking, are enemies still able to position you perfectly even if you hide and run behind few walls? Issue mostly visible in pacifica. Also is everyone still carrying power rifle and sniping you through obstacles?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
speaking of hacking, are enemies still able to position you perfectly even if you hide and run behind few walls? Issue mostly visible in pacifica. Also is everyone still carrying power rifle and sniping you through obstacles?
Enemies have still clairvoyance and can sense your presence with the help of... the force? Netrunners just need to spot you once and have a lock on forever. Well, their shitty Ovenheat is no threat so I just laugh in their general direction.
At least the purple (or even blue) hack that removes the combat state for the whole squad is useful now, as long as there are no corpses to be seen.

Additionally, the moment I read the patch notes saying "improved enemy detection depending on level", I knew I won't see any improvments, but they will fuck it up royally. And if CDPR delivered. The mission with the soviet comrade? I could sneak around for 10 seconds right in front of him until the "!" came. But on the other hand in every other street I am suddently in combat mode, because some enemies from 2 blocks away come charging at me. Which is a yuge issue for me, since I really like to sneak up and hear their (sometimes unique to the location) ambient talk.
Yesterday in Pacificunt the whole encounter where the iconic AK rifle comes from came running down the road towards me the moment they spawned at the horizon. DAFUQ? :hahano:
Every time I drive on the highway way up near Afterlife, one bum 50 meter below me puts me into danger mode. Each. Fucking. Time.

Can't comment on the rifle. I only cleared Watson and Pacifica yet. But I noticed a few times enemies having laserpointer... while wielding a standard assault rifle?
Funfact: you can farm weapons with "weapon malfunction". The target drops his weapon and spawns an exact copy of it again. Not that you need purple crafting mats considering how cheap they are.

BTW: Was street cred always that easy to come by? I had 39 (and almost 250k eddies) just from clearing Watson alone. Used an editor to put it back down to 10, did the Pacifica part and the assaults there.. street cred 44 again. I swear this game is balanced around ensuring you don't miss out on anything while just beelining through the mainquest.
:negative:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
BTW: Was street cred always that easy to come by?
1 year ago street cred and all the skills required quite a dedication and I didnt even bother.

Anyway thanks for detailed response, you have killed little interest I had in revisiting this with enemies detection getting even worse

copebot

Learned
Since launch, what big bugs have been fixed? Is crafting no longer broken? Did they fix all the broken talents? Did they add any new content at all?

typical user

Arbiter
BTW: Was street cred always that easy to come by? I had 39 (and almost 250k eddies) just from clearing Watson alone. Used an editor to put it back down to 10, did the Pacifica part and the assaults there.. street cred 44 again. I swear this game is balanced around ensuring you don't miss out on anything while just beelining through the mainquest.

Higher level enemies grant more Street Cred, more than main quests even which is ridiculous in some edge cases like shooting random thugs in City Center. Pacifica is for level 15-20, which for main story is mid-late game.

ADL

Prophet
Since launch, what big bugs have been fixed? Is crafting no longer broken? Did they fix all the broken talents? Did they add any new content at all?
Majority of the work has been under the hood to get it running better and they've improved the police AI and foot/vehicle traffic systems and fix bugs. Not sure about the crafting because I modded my playthroughs using rebalance mods and further AI improvements. Overall the consensus among modders is that they've laid the groundwork for more significant overhauls coming with the next gen versions.

Arbiter

Scholar
Why did Cyberpunk failed so spectacularly on a technical level, given the fact it is running on a proven RED engine? Witcher 3 did not suffer from so many major glitches after the initial patches. Have all good programmers left CDPRojekt?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Why did Cyberpunk failed so spectacularly on a technical level, given the fact it is running on a proven RED engine? Witcher 3 did not suffer from so many major glitches after the initial patches. Have all good programmers left CDPRojekt?

The pressure for CDPR to be #1 probably meant the critical and more realistic software engineers pointing out the limits of the engine/platforms where either muted or ousted.

Danikas

Arcane
Setting, biggest population center in Witcher 3 is Novigrad which is the size of about one night city district rest of the world map is filled with small villiages, forests and fields also there is almost no traffic on the roads npcs barely use horses. Now they decided to make a futuristic city which means there needs to be tons of traffic on the road (something they never did in Witcher games) and much more pedestrians on the streets than there ever was in Novigrad. They also decided it must release on base piss station 4 and shitbox which already had problems with running Witcher 3.

Then they decided it will be an fps so the textures have to be much higher quality than in 3rd person game so they dont look bad when you look at them up close. Many textures in Witcher 3 are low res and even some geometry is low res which saves processing power example:

1021-1600612143-1654688015.jpeg

1021-1584032374-1986047089.jpeg

1021-1584031229-361391644.jpeg

1021-1584031152-1520893699.jpeg

1021-1563648526-1272714284.jpeg

You cant get away with this shit in a fps while in a 3rd person game most people wont notice.

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
Setting, biggest population center in Witcher 3 is Novigrad which is the size of about one night city district rest of the world map is filled with small villiages, forests and fields also there is almost no traffic on the roads npcs barely use horses. Now they decided to make a futuristic city which means there needs to be tons of traffic on the road (something they never did in Witcher games) and much more pedestrians on the streets than there ever was in Novigrad. They also decided it must release on base piss station 4 and shitbox which already had problems with running Witcher 3.
On top of which you're dealing with a far more complicated environmental architecture and all sorts of dynamic assets, like ads, building lights, aircraft and so on. Basically, a lot of processing power gets hogged by the decor demands of that "cyberpunk vision" of Night City and the last console gen chokes on it.

Overall the consensus among modders is that they've laid the groundwork for more significant overhauls coming with the next gen versions.
Which ironically means that there'll be fewer modders interested in Cyberpunk by the time CDPR's finished patching it and much of the progress being made now could break on the next patch. Worse, some of the more interesting mods might yield broken saves by the time the eventual expansion rolls around.

Arbiter

Scholar
At some point CDP stopped marketing CP2077 as an RPG, referring to it as an "action adventure game" instead. This reminds me of a different RPG developer marketing their game as an "RPG for gamers who do not like RPGs". This time it did not work so well.

Starwars

Arcane

The setting and expectations that came with it as well. Now, I have no idea whatsoever what they promised before Cyberpunk was released, I didn't follow the hype campaign at all and did my best to avoid it, but when I went in to play it I treated it as basically Witcher 3 - Cyberpunk edition. And the game functioned for me like that (not going into shitty gameplay I mean). Running around from quest to quest, finding side content, with everything else in the world being basically window dressing. You can't really interact with it in a meaningful way.
But somewhere along the way before release, expectations for a more sandboxy experience like GTA came along. Again, quite possibly from CD Projekt RED themselves, I have no idea.

I'm playing the Witcher 3 at the moment and it still has a lot of bugs in it, still lots of polish issues (no pun intended). Many similar ones to Cyberpunk. But given Cyberpunks setting and the sort of natural inclination to create havoc in settings like that, it's just so much more noticeable. And you can't go crazy as Geralt, there is no crime system other than extremely half-baked "stealing in front of guards" thing.
I also remember being somewhat disappointed when I first played the Witcher 3 and getting to Novigrad. Because it looks so fucking amazing, but you can't really do anything. It's all running from hotspot to hotspot, quest NPC to quest NPC. Or you go to something like the Temple area of the city (forget the name of the area) which looks cool, is a major area of the city, and promising to explore but... there's nothing there. At all. Lots of NPCs (and a merchant I think), but again, it's all window dressing.

So, feels like they just didn't have the "muscle" or know-how to upgrade it all to fit into a more complex type of setting.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane

On PC it was absolutely fine. Problem was with consoles. Game is simply too much for them and density of assets just anihilate those HDDs. On Pc if you use HDD you also get streaming issues.

Tech wise it is easily the prettiest game around.

Codex Year of the Donut
rapid expansion meant they hired a bunch of losers who are incapable of doing their job

Arbiter

Scholar

On PC it was absolutely fine. Problem was with consoles. Game is simply too much for them and density of assets just anihilate those HDDs. On Pc if you use HDD you also get streaming issues.

Tech wise it is easily the prettiest game around.

I have not played the game myself, but there are lots of complaints about AI, broken scripts, non functional perks, poor balancing even on the PC. Those cannot be caused by performance problems.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom