Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Codex Year of the Donut
this must be one of the most retarded apologetic stance I've heard in a long time.
"you see, C77 is shit (but not really) because you play it wrong! C77 is just an interactive book with WASD controls to turn the page. Just stay in your lane and everything will be fine (and you'll like it. :| )!"

c77 doesn't support wheel or force feedback, its cars don't react realistically compared to something like forza motorsport, there is no way to keep your track time nor there is speedometer. C77 is poor game, i wanted to play racing sim game and C77 fails on all accounts.
I literally just wanted my car to drive me around like idk... IN THE FUCKING MISSIONS THEMSELVES?!

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
this must be one of the most retarded apologetic stance I've heard in a long time.
"you see, C77 is shit (but not really) because you play it wrong! C77 is just an interactive book with WASD controls to turn the page. Just stay in your lane and everything will be fine (and you'll like it. :| )!"

c77 doesn't support wheel or force feedback, its cars don't react realistically compared to something like forza motorsport, there is no way to keep your track time nor there is speedometer. C77 is poor game, i wanted to play racing sim game and C77 fails on all accounts.
I literally just wanted my car to drive me around like idk... IN THE FUCKING MISSIONS THEMSELVES?!

That'd be especially handy since the cars generally handle like rancid ass.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
If you sell an open world with cars at full price, customers rightfully measure you by GTA standards.

In regards to cars, I mentioned it before, but car handling was one of the moments CP77 reminded me of... Saints Row 2, still the worst console port I ever played.
In SR2, 99% of all cars were unplayable on PC, even if you mastered the art of split second key touching. Volition's grand excuse back then was "otherwise people would not be able to do mad 180° turns". Yeah, sure...
And I accepted it as.. probably not better doable to port controler controls.

But then I played GTA4, a game that came out pretty close to SR2. Lo and behold, cars handled like a dream with keyboard controls. AND you could still do "mad 180° turns". Rockstar put some effort into it and demonstrated that it is very much doable.
So I assumed it to be a standard for games from then on.

Along comes CP77.
And we are back in 2008 again. Sad. :cry:

But let's not be too hard on Perkel, he has already reached the last stage of grief: acceptance.
We don't. We are still at edgy angry. Makes us feel alive. :hahano:

Caim

Arcane
But then I played GTA4, a game that came out pretty close to SR2. Lo and behold, cars handled like a dream with keyboard controls.

No, GTA4 had one of the worst car controls when it came out.. The cars all behaved like jelly, just awful.
In Just Cause 2 you don't drive: you aim your car, press forward and pray to Odin you are at least somewhat close to your destination when you crash.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

If stuff is in your game you cannot defend that stuff being shit by saying that your game is not a *stuff*-game

Because it's in your game right

So if stuff is in your game that stuff needs to be good - otherwise the stuff is no good

And if enough stuff in your game is not good your game is probably not good

So if you don't plan on having the stuff in your game be good you probably shouldn't put it in your game

You absolute apologetic retard

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao
I don't want to read like 517 pages. Is this game any good?
Mediocre gameplaywise, has some good storyfag segments yet the narrative design is mostly barebones. Worth picking up at a large discount and perhaps worth revisiting once the expansions drop (if they ever drop) as a storyfag.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
polished turd.

There has been very few patches and most of the glaring issues reported at launch are still in the game. Wouldn't call that polished.

As well, there have been no news about mega-patches coming to fix that.

Fargus

Arcane
polished turd.

There has been very few patches and most of the glaring issues reported at launch are still in the game. Wouldn't call that polished.

As well, there have been no news about mega-patches coming to fix that.

I had a gamebreaking bug in witcher 3, been locked in a dungeon so i had to use a glitch to clip through a wall and escape. That was after the patches stopped rolling. Had nasty bugs in Witcher 1 too. I guess the quality of CDPR polish polishing is about the same for every game.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
I don't want to read like 517 pages. Is this game any good?

if you can, wait a couple more years for all expansions to be out and the last patch to be released. look for recommended mods and get it on a discount.

Gargaune

Magister
1.0 is what 1.0 should have been.
DX4-humps-Fo4 is what 1.0 should have been.

Game starts to have issues when you instead of playing like witcher you start playing it like GTA. To me for example police design wasn't really poor scripting but more like design decision: "don't fuck with police" much like Thief guards are lethal because developers didn't intended player to be doing what duke nukem does. You are supposed to be mercenary not mass murderer or something same way in Witcher 3 they dissalowed you from killing shitload of people and guards were waaaaaaay overpowered against you.
I don't think it's fair to say Cyberpunk's police is akin to Thief's guard combat, because the latter was designed as a challenge to be avoided, whereas the former obviously wasn't designed to be anything more than ambient filler. But even treating the game that way, which is something I've certainly been open to, the lackluster core experience (pacing, progression, levels etc.) comes to the fore.

The more general problem is that most any single one of Cyberpunk's shortcomings could be given a pass... in isolation. But the effect is compounded when you start factoring all of them in. Dumb police system? Big whoop, not part of the intended experience. Substandard driving? Eh, gets you from A to B. Crap itemisation? TW3 had it too, and it didn't stop the game being fantastic... But then you ask yourself, what is great about Cyberpunk 2077? Well, visuals and artistic direction. That's it. And it's not even a case of the game being more than the sum of its parts, because its few selling points aren't enough to make up for everything else spanning the range from inadequate to merely passable.

Like I said and contrary to Codex Consensus, Cyberpunk 2077 isn't a bad game, but it is a mediocre one. And relative to CDPR's golden opportunity with it and the expectations that legitimately fostered in the target demo, that's a big disappointment.

You and I don't agree too often, but I'll give you this one. As is, Cyberpunk's driving comes across as another decorative feature, it's usually just a way of looking cool as you traverse negative space between gameplay locations. The only quests that involve some genuine vehicle gameplay are the four in the (rigged) racing line, and chasing that Peralez van. Other than that, you've got a bunch of gigs that involve you hopping into a car but the driving's inconsequential.

Gerrard

Arcane
The stock will bounce back, as it did back when the game was originally delayed in the spring. Its sales are a more concrete indication of its success or failure, and 13+ million units, even on just the PC, is by no means a number that indicates a failed game.
The stock did not drop because the game was delayed in spring. That was a market crash.

Nah it will recover.
Any minute now.

FI0pvpA.png

Bliblablubb

Arcane
After giving it another approach, I actually managed to trigger the StreetKid quest for an originally Nomad character. Instead of trying to understand potatologic, I just did it the 'murican way and carpet bombed the savegame by setting EVERY trigger from the StreetKid prologue. Just kill'em all, the right one will be among them amirite? :obviously:
"It just works!" (tm)

Of course my venture would not have of been complete, if I didn't reencounter an old bug still not fixed, like a distant cousin you never liked pestering you on a family gathering: While trying to skillfully sneakbash someones face, I discovered I could not draw any weapons or throw grenades anymore. Going back through older savegames showed the bug was present for at least 2 hours. I feel a little sorry for the average little consoltarg encountering this bug, since all you can get from the internets, including CDPR's forum staff, are the usual "we have no idea" answers like "restart your pc/console" or "check your files integrity". The bug is IN the savegame, no amount of restarting will change that. :hahano:
Many sweet sad tears must have of been shed thanks to having lost hours of gameplay through this. Sad.

Thankfully I played Bethesda games, and playing those games is learning to identify every stupid amateurish sloppy bug and work around it. It was obivious that one was the result of a "save zone" script not having properly ended, because coders had such an unshakable trust in their laggy engine, they didn't bother putting in kill timers or backup checks for such a gamebreaking restriction. Bethesda style.
So, similar to the Bethesda animation bug, you just have to "reapply" the script again, then letting it run out normally. A normal person would have of done a single script for save zones, being applied whereever you are. But we are talking potatologic here again, so of course they had an individual script for every bar, appartment or {{{safespace}}} in the game. Turns out it was Lizzie's. Entering and leaving properly ended it.

See, playing Bethesda games is educashunal! But don't tell Todd, he would get the funny idea to go and charge players money for that privilege. :hahano:

typical user

Arbiter
Is it true that the updates this game has received since launch silently remove nudity and censor the game in other ways?

Your character is wearing underwear (but not bra) in normal game. You can only see him/her fully nude in inventory screen. Also side-characters were missing underwear (Evelyn Parker or Hanako Arasaka for example). I wouldn't say they have censored stuff. More like fixed missing clothes which also affected player character somehow.

The game still has ads with full nudity, same for sex scenes.

Is it true that the updates this game has received since launch silently remove nudity and censor the game in other ways?

Your character is wearing underwear (but not bra) in normal game. You can only see him/her fully nude in inventory screen. Also side-characters were missing underwear (Evelyn Parker or Hanako Arasaka for example). I wouldn't say they have censored stuff. More like fixed missing clothes which also affected player character somehow.

The game still has ads with full nudity, same for sex scenes.
I personally also remember NPCs often missing underwear and stuff which were added in a patch. There's even a mod that attempts to remove them again, though I agree that this is probably mostly a fix rather than censorship. I also saw a video where the dancer in the room where you meet evelyn parker first was removed, but that could be due to a bug.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Who plays this game still? I thought this thread was dead and buried. They need to remake the game from scratch. They're probably halfway through Witcher 4 by now, it's the only way they'll be around as a company.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom