Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Wouldn't that just be the diet version of the OC's arc all over again, though?
Well, it IS a recurring motif after all. Although at this point we would have of reached the "fool me trice" stage, so even the audience would roll their eyes and get bored with getting fucked yet another time. :hahano:

Gargaune

Magister
Soulkiller kills you. It destroys your consciousness to create a copy, and it stores that.
The V that returns to their body for 6 months is just a copy being staged in a dying host.
But first we must ask what is an RPG the Ship of Theseus?

.. and this fits, since at least to my dumpstat intellect, coming to terms with death is a major theme of the game.
The ending you choose is mostly about how V does that. selfless and pragmatic? carpe diem? rage against the dying of the light? etc.
Agreed.

Well, it IS a recurring motif after all. Although at this point we would have of reached the "fool me trice" stage, so even the audience would roll their eyes and get bored with getting fucked yet another time. :hahano:
A recurring motif is one thing, selling a compressed version of the same story a second time is another. Then again, I've got a couple of "different" AC/DC albums kicking about my library, so what do I know?

would have of
You fucking monster.

deem

Savant
Looking at my GOG Galaxy it appears I've had 3 months break from the game. Did anything change in this time? Any major updates? DLC? Big mods?

Gargaune

Magister
Are there any decent mods that add something new to the game like that metro mod? Something like flying cars, purchasable apartments, quests?
Not really, CDPR did not provide a native capacity for extending game content. There were some attempts a while ago to leverage CET's scripting and add new faction encounters if I recall correctly, and CSVMerge recently provided a way to add new equipment, but it's slim pickings. You might see a renewed push after 1.5 rolls out, but I wouldn't bet on it, CDPR's missed the modding train.

There have been a handful of new apartment locations, like this one here, but I don't know why you'd even bother.

deem

Savant
Christ. So what's the future of CDPR? Anything on the horizon? Are they working on a new game? Do they have the rights to make a sequel to Cyberpunk?

I started playing as a new character and it astounds me how much effort and skill and talent went into the visuals in this game, especially when contrasted with how little of these went into the game-design. The only conclusion one can draw is that visuals sell games, not game-design so there is no pressure improve. Same thing with writing in games, really.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Christ. So what's the future of CDPR? Anything on the horizon? Are they working on a new game? Do they have the rights to make a sequel to Cyberpunk?
Well, they're doubling down on the multiplayer retardation, and I can actually see them jumping on the NFT bandwagon since they really seem to want to latch onto every cancerous new trend in gaming.

Other than that I imagine they'll announce Witcher 4 eventually, and it will be another game showcasing they have learned nothing from their mistakes - it will have the same cancerous itemization, the same barren open-world, and they'll double down on the woke shit.

I think CDPR is taking their time with 1.5 until the heat dies down some more so when the update gets released and it fails to fix the game's glaring issues yet again the outcry won't be as vocal. They may attempt to alleviate the issues with the DLC, but the game is so broken at such a fundamental level, and in so many ways, that there's really no fixing it.

It will be interesting to see if the game gets more than one major DLC, or if there will be a 2078 in the future.

The game is unfixable the same way Skyrim is unfixable.
Yeah, Skyrim is not a particularly good game mechanically, but lots of people didn't seem to mind, and nobody can deny how much modding helped with the game's longevity and popularity, to the point Bethesda published several rereleases banking on the game's staying power.

2077 has none of that, and is especially lacking in content outside the main story - something that the modding community could have helped alleviate - but much like CDPR's promises about what 2077 was going to be, so have their promises about support of modding turned out to be lies.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected

not big news but the cover art for the next gen versions got leaked, which probably means info about 1.5 should be coming soon

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
At this point I would rather wait a while longer instead rushing them to put out something half-baked again. It just amuses me how long their patch notes always are, but it's all just bug fixes and yet they have multiple categories for them and everything. Made me realize how good I have it with GGG's patch notes and their respective readability.

For comparison: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229187

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
At this point I would rather wait a while longer instead rushing them to put out something half-baked again.
At this point in Witcher 3's lifecycle, both expansions had already been released.
Ok, but that doesn't change my point. For all I care they could take another 3 years to develop the next expansion. All I care about is quality. Don't know about you, but my backlog keeps growing. For me time-to-wait is not an issue. It's an issue for the dev studio, because they'll eventually need their next revenue injection, but if CDPR goes bankrupt tomorrow I won't be tearing up.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The Witcher 3 was basically just as shit or as good as Cyberpunk2077 in its design, depending on which end of the telescope you're looking.

People over-praise TW3 and underrate CP2077 (at least in terms of its pretty nearly achievable potential), but they're not really all that different as games, and the playing experience is recognizably similar.

CP2077 was shitter in implementation at release (they tried to get TW3 right on release, and mostly succeeded, whereas CP2077 is a very unfinished game that changed horses in the middle of the stream, tried to be an action-adventure that they could get out the door in time, given Keanu's availability and the desire to capitalize on that and expand on his appearance in the game); but it's somewhat improvable by mods (particularly the Full Game Rebalance) and CP2077 can still do some work on it too, to shave off the jankeyest edges. A few years from now and all the hubbub will have died down, and CP2077 will be fine, as the only game in which that kind of shootery RPG-ish experience is available in such a fully-realized cyberpunk city setting. It'll never be as revered as TW3, but TW3's veneration is overblown anyway (though it's still decent enough - about as decent-enough as CP2077 if you mod it).

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Looking at my GOG Galaxy it appears I've had 3 months break from the game. Did anything change in this time? Any major updates? DLC? Big mods?

No, there was delta so everybody was at home pretending to work, then Christmas and now there's omikron.

All that CDPR devs were doing for 3 months was fapping and playing with Nintendo.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Christ. So what's the future of CDPR? Anything on the horizon? Are they working on a new game?
Considering that they apparently bought Todd Howard's book "Who is laughing now? How to make games like a Todd", even tho they seem to have only looked at the pictures, I expect them to release a "The Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition" for next gen consoles in the near future.
It will be pretty much the same game as before, but the PS5 version will have lots of t-posing and streaming issues. :hahano:

"We are sorry." will become Potatoguy/CDPR's catchphrase version of "It just works."

typical user

Arbiter
Witcher 3 wasn't promising choices and consequences (yet it still has more than Cyberpunk), it wasn't promoting deep character customization, it wasn't selling a game about merc breaking the law. The loot in Witcher 3 wasn't as broken because static witcher gear with fixed levels existed. All randomly generated items weren't in the center of attention - those were garbage. And finally - the activities in W3 like monster nests, witcher conrracts and treasure hunts work for the created world of medieval frontier. Copy-pasting those to GTA-style game with one huge city, guns and cars does not.

Cyberpunk 2077 is unfinished mess, Witcher 3 is only awful on tieing loose ends like Nilfgaardian-Redanian war and White Frost - both could've been good to setup W4 but I guess the developers wanted to do trilogy and call it quits and move on to different franchise to try something new.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Maybe if the anime is high brow enough that's an opportunity akin to what EA did with the mass effect playstation release: turn story segments into cutscenes/ choices. Then they can have uninterrupted gameplay with new content.
Pretty sure it's not happening tho at least not at a level what I'd call adequate.

Codex Year of the Donut
if you want to argue base witcher 3, fine I guess. It drags pretty heavily after the halfway part.
hearts of stone/blood & wine are on a complete different level from cp2077

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Have only the johnny ending left to do. I hope I can get to it before Siege of the Atlas launches. Unless that ISN'T the "secret" ending. If so, I'll probably have to replay from scratch anyway.

Are there any decent mods that add something new to the game like that metro mod? Something like flying cars, purchasable apartments, quests?

Stop beating this horse, it's already mostly glue.
disagree. skyrim with at least 50 mods, which basically change each and every aspect of the game, can be tons of fun.
but cp? doubt even 200 could.

Sykar

Arcane

Stop beating this horse, it's already mostly glue.
disagree. skyrim with at least 50 mods, which basically change each and every aspect of the game, can be tons of fun.
but cp? doubt even 200 could.

Tell me which mod fixes something like the batshit retarded mage quest line? Or the dumfuck main quest, the ever samey dungeons with the "riddles" where the solution is right behind the puzzle objects so even a 3 year old can solve it? Any mod that fixes the terrible streamlined dumbdown rpg system? Actual powerful and rare handplaced items like in Morrowind? Spellmaker? Etc.
No mods can fix the dumb shit of Skyrim. It's only saving grace is as hiking simulator and I would rather do that either in Daggerfall due to size or Morrowind due to actually creative landscape.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom