Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Yosharian

Arcane
mat89gq94n461.png
Lol specs of those consoles were trash even in 2013 the gta 5 runs only on medium pc settings on those shitboxes still Cdpr should have just made it next gen only and delay it a couple months to fix shit but I dont give a fuck about console peasant they can rot.
Yeah fuck console peasants

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I wanted to wait a year or so before buying this (like I did for The Witcher 3) but got it as a gift from my wife
Congratulations on having a great wife. As much as incels here don't believe it, great gamer wives exist, and I can speak from personal experience. Much more fun playing with someone than streaming for strangers.

For a game boasting alternative methods to solve quests, in the end more often that not everything degrade into a fight. Stealth is really flawed, enemy AI is dumb and hacking quite useless. The dev team should have paid more attention to games like Deus EX: Humarn Revolution to see a stealth/combat gameplay done right.
It was the same case with Witcher 3. CDPR's philosophy is that the quest should take you on a rollecoaster mixing a number of activities which utilize various systems - driving, boxing, talking, shooting, etc. There is rarely much choice about how to approach a problem within a quest, but there may be some C&C about how you finish it. But you must know this stuff from playing Witcher 3.

The game clearly needs at least one year more of development to be turned into something decent but even then it will look more like a salvaged product that a good, sound concept turned into something practical. For all its downfalls, even Deus Ex: Mankind Divided feels a more solid and satisfying game.
I played Human Revolution up to the bank, and never tried Mankind Divided. If it's something approaching the original Deus Ex level design, I'd be willing to give it a whirl.

Played a bit longer. The main missions seem pretty good. I thought the one with BD memory thing was cool. I don't think the driving is as bad as people claim too.
Yeah, I think the missions and the acting performances are the high point. As it has been immortalized in a meme some pages ago, I liked the driving too. It's the rest of the city systems that feel underwhelming.

For me the biggest problems with the game are the perks and cyber upgrades. As others have already said, they really don't change the gameplay at all. They just add % increases on existing skills. Same thing with the cyber enhancements. They are absurdly expensive, and mostly pretty dull. The game is really easy too, even on the hardest difficulty, which kills any desire of progression.
I just ignore these. I was able to spend some time running around the game with 4 undistributed skill points and maybe 6 undistributed perk points, until I distributed them just in order to play the game as intended.

just

Liturgist
i'd make all the weapons normal quality and have mods be OP. now i just need to learn how red engine works.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
c

(-11.46%)

can someone explain to me how finance works? why did their stock drop if the game's launch was incredibly successful? something like 8 million units confirmed sold in the 1st day

Because the game is dogshit and whilst this one has sold well the next one probably won't. Better to sell now at the peak.

Exactly, companies are not evaluated by their net worth but market potential (growth potential)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They are making an MMO? I thought it was just the same game but add multiplayer or something similar to GTA5.
They have officially said it will be "a separate release". It will be like GTA Online but a different library entry in your steam/gog/whatever service And will be sold separately.

"Separate, standalone production": https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-multiplayer-release-date/

Man, I'm really curious what they have planned for the online version.

Jinn

Arcane
The game is really easy too, even on the hardest difficulty, which kills any desire of progression.

Varies quite a bit from job to job, area to area. Some spots I'd take down a group in a few minutes, others I'd stealth my way around, only to get dropped in a couple shots (not "red skull" enemies). Seems like you're still pretty early in, too.

Either way, if it's not interesting you, it's not interesting you. I feel like people want the game to lay all its cards on the table from the get go, but I don't know. I'm not really defending it, because it is strewn about with issues. I think I just went into with lower expectations overall, so am able to get more out of it than I thought. I also do think there is a bit more variety there than first meets the eye.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
FWIW I did open world crap for quite some time before doing the maelstrom (get flathead bot) mission and even though I was wrecking enemies pretty good in the open world, the maelstrom gangers took quite a beating to go down.
Wonder if they adjust the level of main mission enemies based on yours or something, or if these guys are really that much of a step up from the previous main mission. I was expecting to be totally overlevelled and over-cybered, but nah.

Trithne

Erudite
FWIW I did open world crap for quite some time before doing the maelstrom (get flathead bot) mission and even though I was wrecking enemies pretty good in the open world, the maelstrom gangers took quite a beating to go down.
Wonder if they adjust the level of main mission enemies based on yours or something, or if these guys are really that much of a step up from the previous main mission. I was expecting to be totally overlevelled and over-cybered, but nah.

I went straight to the flathead mission, doing literally no side content. The mission went a bit differently for me

I wiped the virus from the Militech credchip so Militech sent in their goons and I had to fight my way out alongside the Maelstrom.

And while the enemies were fairly spongy it wasn't impossible, so my gut guess is scaling for main missions.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I WANT TO SEX PANAM!

are there any
- dungeon like areas?
- can you enter random houses/areas?
- assault police stations?

Game isn't finished. It needs another few years.

kangaxx

Arbiter
are there any
- dungeon like areas?

No to all three from what I've seen (you can enter the odd hotel room etc., but it's very limited). The police just spawn on top of you if you break the law, so they have no need of such outdated concepts as 'fixed police stations'. This includes when you shoot it out with gangs on their behalf.

As a general rule there is very little interaction with the city. At least it looks good I suppose.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Now I am pissed. Panam can't be romanced by female V. This is not progressive. I will write a strongly worded letter to the UN to deal with this deep injustice!

Perkel

Arcane
So there is an interesting way to make money in the game, I've spoilered it in case people don't wanna know

Turns out you can buy soft drinks from vendors for $10, then disassemble them, then sell the components you get from them for more money than you paid for the original item. Lmao.

I'm not 100% sure but I think you get $60 worth of items from one soft drink.

You can't dissemble drinks.

are there any
- dungeon like areas?

There are no "dungeons".

Like in all types of city games 95% of houses are unavailable but unlike rest CP2077 is filled with interiors to explore. What i noticed also a lot of quest places are not closed (in reasonable ways). For example i explored some warehouse before and then mission took me there and i already had cameras compromsed by my hack.

I don't think so.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well - about 14 hours in, I can say the following:

- the AI is completely braindead in combat, which becomes apparent especially in firefights, I know that expecting something like FEAR in 2020 is pointless, but its still kinda jarring to see that once shooting starts the enemies will mostly just move to the nearest cover and stay there (I had a grenade thrown at me once, enemy runners spam hacks like Overheat) for the duration of the fight, no one tries to flank or anything like that (melee enemies rush you instead of camping)

- I find melee somewhat more bearable since the bad AI isnt so apparent, on the other hand - outside of specific circumstances (some scripted fights, individual enemies in small spaces) - getting into close combat is not a good idea since most of the enemies obviously have guns

- bullet sponginess might be helped once I stack enough of those +10% damage on headshot perks, but honestly the game would be better if the shooting worked like it does in the flashback of Johnny´s assault on Arrasaka tower, where headshots explode heads and 2-3 hits in the body are enough to kill any mooks, all the attempts at introducing RPG mechanics into shooting/guns are IMO detrimental (ie perks just for non-combat stuff, while the guns should all be relatively high damage with some possibilities for customisations like suppressors, scopes etc)

- Stealth is the solution to the above problems as far as I am concerned, while the implementation isn’t perfect and imo depends a bit too much on hacking for creating distractions (can you even throw stuff to distract people?) and too little on finding alternative paths, it is competently done and is a viable solution to most situations (outside of the obviously combat oriented side missions) you find yourself in (tech capability is important for stealth, since it is used for lockpicking) and frankly anything that keeps me out of the horribad combat is welcome

- Hacking itself is OKish, certainly could have used more depth (nu-Deus Ex had more complex hacking than this)

- Driving is acceptable (though obviously AI of other cars aint that good), the city itself is done pretty well, the shitty parts of the city (like where you have your apartment) as well as the more classy places have a proper feel to them

- Writing, interactive scripted scenes (like meeting with Stout, negotiation with Royce etc) and conversations in general are where the game really shines, there are lots of interesting and well written characters, even the ones who only show up for some minor sub-quest are usually done pretty well, the major characters are really good and even Johnny is not as annoying as I thought he will be, overall the game brings really good story fag experience

- I didn’t encounter any bugs that would be a big deal (in fact the shitty AI is IMO 100% bigger problem for the game), the only major technical problem is that the game sometimes starts slowing down (still playable, but doesn’t feel right), which is fixed be reloading. I have a pretty good rig so I run the game with all the settings maxed out and it looks pretty good while running smoothly, I guess the slowdown thing has to do with optimisation and will be fixed eventually

So yeah, if you want a good shooter/combat game there is no reason to get this now and possibly ever since I am not quite sure the CDPR will care (provided they would even know how) to make the AI any better (and mind you it would have to get a lot better to reach at least not-obviously-retarded levels). If you are a story fag who also likes stealth gameplay, then the game is worth getting even in its current state (provided you have decent hardware to run it of course).

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
is it moddable enough? a conversion to a shadowrun setting doing random missions is the best outcome for this game.
no a conversion of the already existing 2020 Night City that's already in the game with all of 2020s class mechanics and weapon systems in tact would be the way to go. The problem is that CDPR dropped the ball last time with the mod tools and no doubt will do it again this time.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I went straight to the flathead mission, doing literally no side content. The mission went a bit differently for me

I wiped the virus from the Militech credchip so Militech sent in their goons and I had to fight my way out alongside the Maelstrom.

And while the enemies were fairly spongy it wasn't impossible, so my gut guess is scaling for main missions.
If you take your chance to shoot royce when he looks away instead of paying with the stick from you then you can keep the credstick from militech and militech girl will still be happy with your performance. You can thus skip the boss fight with royce too, and no militech goons to fight.

Yosharian

Arcane
AI is just terrible in every game these days. I dunno why, considering we are on the brink of developing actual AIs. Google needs to start selling their AI tech to videogame developers already.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Straight out of the oven:

I'm dead set on 3080, given the price and results, but it's still interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom