Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Readher

Savant
Can't wait for downvotes. For some reason /r/pcgaming is sucking this game's cock harder than the official CP subreddit. Probably graphicsfags who need to jerk off to the visuals and justify their 3090 purchase.
VWuQ0rS.png
The real cyberpukn is copy pasting your ribbit posts on the Cockdex. Truly a hellish dystopia.
I had a feeling that if I only posted it there or reposted it here manually, someone else would just come with screenshots of my post on reddit. Already happened once with my tweets to Josh Sawyer.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Can't wait for downvotes. For some reason /r/pcgaming is sucking this game's cock harder than the official CP subreddit. Probably graphicsfags who need to jerk off to the visuals and justify their 3090 purchase.
VWuQ0rS.png
The real cyberpukn is copy pasting your ribbit posts on the Cockdex. Truly a hellish dystopia.
I had a feeling that if I only posted it there or reposted it here manually, someone else would just come with screenshots of my post on reddit. Already happened once with my tweets to Josh Sawyer.
Nigga you use reddit you should be banned on codex.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I have a laptop with an RTX 2060 and I ran the game fine with RTX on and a mix of Ultra and medium settings

Readher

Savant
VWuQ0rS.png
Nigga you use reddit you should be banned on codex.
As shit as it is, plebbit is the biggest place to discuss games of every type. 4chan exists but you can either browse /v/ which is 90% shitposting and consolewar faggotry or browse genre-specific boards which are slow as fuck and have little discussion in most of the threads. It sucks, but it is what it is. I don't post on reddit as much as I used to anyway nowadays. Mostly when there's some kind of a shitstorm around a game so I can properly shit on it since I can't stand looking at all the shills and cucks in the comments.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
I've played the prologue with the heist and everything and thought this is a cool but buggy shooter with a nice story. But if that's actually the coolest part of the game, then I'm worried. Very worried.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
The worst part of the game is no matter how much armour (stat) that I have, it always feels like I am level 1 with no armour.

Looks like CDPR shit the bed with this release.

Yosharian

Arcane
I think comparisons to GTA5 are a little unfair though. If we're being charitable (god forbid, on the Codex, but anyway) Rockstar have had 19 years to iterate on the GTA concept since the release of GTA3. Their open world driving mechanics, including things like car AI, physics and so on, are inevitably going to be leagues ahead of their competitors. This is CDPR's first foray into this type of game, and yeah their car AI is laughable and the car physics are pretty average. But this is also a role-playing game, not a GTA clone, even if it's decidedly RPG-lite.

Overall it's clear that CDPR bit off far more than they could chew with this game. I'm not sure if they deserve to get hauled over the coals for that, or if they should be commended for their ambition. But statements like 'lol GTA5's driving is so much better' lack perspective IMO.

B grade GTA clones can pull it off but a huge studio with half a decade of development time can't?
It's a question of where that development time, money and effort was spent.

GTA 5 is basically a completely linear game with no character customisation and fairly mundane mechanics. And it had a budget comparable to Cyberpunk's.

There's only so much a big developer can scale up even with lots of cash on hand, and CDPR's pockets certainly aren't as big as Rockstar's anyway.

You can have the character customisation systems and open world complexity of Cyberpunk (even though it is somewhat lacking in that area, but still), or you can eschew that in favour of good driving.

You can't have both, not without a much longer development period.

Note I'm not defending the nonexistent driving AI of the game, I'm simply saying that you're looking at a complex equation and concluding 2+2=4. It just isn't as simple as you're making it out to be.

And again, Rockstar have been at this game a lot longer than CDPR have.

Latelistener

Arcane
On 3570 it is literally impossible to get 60FPS in most places, no matter how low you set your settings, game is CPU bound just like Witcher 3 was.
I guess maybe a 3770 would fare better thanks to HT, and there was a time when I thought about switching to it, but people ask silly prices for that CPU still, so fuck it.
Except Witcher 3 is the definition of a GPU bound game. You can play this shit on Ultra even on G4560 (2 cores, 4 threads), assuming you have something like 1070 or higher.

There are fps drops in the city, but that's to be excepted. It doesn't even have 4 physical cores.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Quick protip - the "I" key apparently closes every interface, in addition to opening the inventory.

If you press I while not in any interface, it will open the inventory. If you are in the Journal ("J") for example, pressing "I" will not take you to the inventory, but will close the Journal.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Guys where do you think combat and character customisation is better Mankind divided or this. Stealth is defo better in MD i think.

I would say MD had better combat (mind you I mostly stealthed), the character customisation is definitely better in CP2077 by definition pretty much (since you create your own character from the start).

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I think comparisons to GTA5 are a little unfair though. If we're being charitable (god forbid, on the Codex, but anyway) Rockstar have had 19 years to iterate on the GTA concept since the release of GTA3. Their open world driving mechanics, including things like car AI, physics and so on, are inevitably going to be leagues ahead of their competitors. This is CDPR's first foray into this type of game, and yeah their car AI is laughable and the car physics are pretty average. But this is also a role-playing game, not a GTA clone, even if it's decidedly RPG-lite.
That's fucking bullshit.

Yes, Rockstar and Ubisoft have more experience with these kinds of games and CDPR don't, but guess what? That's not my fucking problem.

CDPR are asking people to pay $60, what they'd be paying for a GTA or Watch Dogs game, only to get some buggy, broken abortion of a game whose only selling point is the questionable writing. Them being unable to deliver something on par with GTA V is their problem, especially since they had about an equal amount of resources (in terms of budget and employees) as Rockstar did, and the benefit of learning from Rockstar and Ubisoft - seeing what works and what doesn't while looking through 20 years of open-world games and dozens of titles.

Perhaps, instead of hiring more women and other subhumans, they should have gone headhunting for current or former Rockstar employees to help them implementing the open-world portion of the game? Maybe paying for talented people instead of obese dangerhairs would have made 2077 a good game?

The completely pathetic part is that Ubisoft's newest turd has better (hacking) mechanics than 2077, that it runs and plays better than this piece of shit. CDPR devoted more attention to the MC's genitalia than they did to face/body customisation, despite the fact the player will never see their tranny gaping wound in-game, and all to appease ResetEra, who just kept on shitting on them anyway afterwards. Resources well spent indeed.

CDPR had all the time, money and resources to deliver a functional product and they failed - it's as simple as that. They're not some small indie from Europe's backwater, they're one of the largest game development studios in the world, with more money than Ubisoft even, and all they could manage was this?

Overall it's clear that CDPR bit off far more than they could chew with this game. I'm not sure if they deserve to get hauled over the coals for that, or if they should be commended for their ambition. But statements like 'lol GTA5's driving is so much better' lack perspective IMO.
They can go fuck themselves. They deserve to get roasted for all the lies they told people and the fraudulent advertising. There's nothing even remotely ambitious about this turd.

I can already see a class action lawsuit from PS4 users related to the lies told about the game's performance on the system.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
The worst part of the game is no matter how much armour (stat) that I have, it always feels like I am level 1 with no armour.

According the the in-game encyclopaedia 10 armor points = -1 incoming dps lol

Druid Ardun

It's clear to me that the devs would have worked on this game longer, but their corporate overlords wanted the shekels now. The marketing was deceiving as they wanted to draw in - rpg players, fps players, gta players. I'm not far into the game, but the story and setting is good so far.
VZlQJ43.png

Can't help myself but feel like some dev made this with his bosses in mind.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron

According the the in-game encyclopaedia 10 armor points = -1 incoming dps lol

Explains why it scales like shit. I really need to check if this game is easily modifiable so I can change this shit.

Perkel

Arcane
Explains why it scales like shit. I really need to check if this game is easily modifiable so I can change this shit.

Later on you get mods on your gear like 2-3 per piece and you can stack mods into it with armor 20-40 a piece. So getting 2-3-4 times armor as normal.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron

Later on you get mods on your gear like 2-3 per piece and you can stack mods into it with armor 20-40 a piece. So getting 2-3-4 times armor as normal.

I already have those. I am almost level 30. At least this game doesn't bullet sponge enemies.

I want my cybermods be more interesting than packing shitty +1 to armour.

MarxistPlato

Educated
That's fucking bullshit.

Yes, Rockstar and Ubisoft have more experience with these kinds of games and CDPR don't, but guess what? That's not my fucking problem.

CDPR are asking people to pay $60, what they'd be paying for a GTA or Watch Dogs game, only to get some buggy, broken abortion of a game whose only selling point is the questionable writing. Them being unable to deliver something on par with GTA V is their problem, especially since they had about an equal amount of resources (in terms of budget and employees) as Rockstar did, and the benefit of learning from Rockstar and Ubisoft - seeing what works and what doesn't while looking through 20 years of open-world games and dozens of titles.

Perhaps, instead of hiring more women and other subhumans, they should have gone headhunting for current or former Rockstar employees to help them implementing the open-world portion of the game? Maybe paying for talented people instead of obese dangerhairs would have made 2077 a good game?

The completely pathetic part is that Ubisoft's newest turd has better (hacking) mechanics than 2077, that it runs and plays better than this piece of shit. CDPR devoted more attention to the MC's genitalia than they did to face/body customisation, despite the fact the player will never see their tranny gaping wound in-game, and all to appease ResetEra, who just kept on shitting on them anyway afterwards. Resources well spent indeed.

CDPR had all the time, money and resources to deliver a functional product and they failed - it's as simple as that. They're not some small indie from Europe's backwater, they're one of the largest game development studios in the world, with more money than Ubisoft even, and all they could manage was this?

They can go fuck themselves. They deserve to get roasted for all the lies they told people and the fraudulent advertising. There's nothing even remotely ambitious about this turd.

I can already see a class action lawsuit from PS4 users related to the lies told about the game's performance on the system.

Damn dude, you failed to get into art school?

Unwanted

†††

Patron
It's clear to me that the devs would have worked on this game longer, but their corporate overlords wanted the shekels now. The marketing was deceiving as they wanted to draw in - rpg players, fps players, gta players. I'm not far into the game, but the story and setting is good so far.

Seems to me like the release of the new gen consoles kinda forced their hand to release the game now. In hindsight, they should've cancelled the old gen versions and develop for PS5/XSEX while adding an extra year of development.

Perkel

Arcane
I think comparisons to GTA5 are a little unfair though.

Yeah for GTA. GTA city compared to Night City feels like god damn wasteland. There isn't any "open world gameplay" other than stealing cars and driving into peds and all life in GTA city is basically random peds talking from time to time or walking. Oh and i forgot about going to strip club or bowling nice "gameplay" if watching tits amounts to gameplay then NC has 100tiems more tits than GTA. Amount of interiors in whole GTA5 could probably fit into one street in NC. The density is so high that you can't even ride fast because how tight city is packed compared to "every street is highway" in GTA.

And then there is the art. NC easily is best looking best designed city in gaming atm. That it looks amazing in good rig is just a bonus.

GTA though has its peds emotion physic engine which is great. But you can only get so much mileage from drving into peds and watching their reaction.

Gerrard

Arcane
On 3570 it is literally impossible to get 60FPS in most places, no matter how low you set your settings, game is CPU bound just like Witcher 3 was.
I guess maybe a 3770 would fare better thanks to HT, and there was a time when I thought about switching to it, but people ask silly prices for that CPU still, so fuck it.
Except Witcher 3 is the definition of a GPU bound game. You can play this shit on Ultra even on G4560 (2 cores, 4 threads), assuming you have something like 1070 or higher.
Did you mean to post a different video? Because this one shows from the start that the CPU is the bottleneck and the frametimes are all over the place.
The game only uses 4 threads.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Yeah for GTA. GTA city compared to Night City feels like god damn wasteland. There isn't any "open world gameplay" other than stealing cars and driving into peds and all life in GTA city is basically random peds talking from time to time or walking. Oh and i forgot about going to strip club or bowling nice "gameplay" if watching tits amounts to gameplay then NC has 100tiems more tits than GTA. Amount of interiors in whole GTA5 could probably fit into one street in NC. The density is so high that you can't even ride fast because how tight city is packed compared to "every street is highway" in GTA.

And then there is the art. NC easily is best looking best designed city in gaming atm. That it looks amazing in good rig is just a bonus.

GTA though has its peds emotion physic engine which is great. But you can only get so much mileage from drving into peds and watching their reaction.
Haven't played CP2077 but I have to agree on GTA. GTA's AI and car physics are good, yes, but in other areas it's probably even more soulless and vacant than the average open-world game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom