Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
its definitely bad work when you consider that
1. Scan data was available
2. its even easier to create meshes off of real world people especially if you have the image planes/orthos

There's no excuse for why the model came out that bad other than Keanus involvement came very late in development and that initially Johnny resembled his 2020 self with his short hair.
I just checked the concept art. Yep Keanu was late in development Johnny looks very different he's still got long hair but no beard but he does resemble the 2020 johnny more in the concepts similar facial structure.
I'm pretty sure that characters like Judy, Evelyn, Dex and Jackie are also based on real people, whether tuned up later or not. Keanu on the other hand doesn't have eyelashes.

However late Keanu came to the project, he was advertised as "a second protagonist".

Bloodeyes

Arcane
So basically the game is in Early acces "very early indeed".
No wonder they were pushing the whole penis customization thing and having Jhon Wick aka Keanu wooden actor of the decade in the game.
They probably tought that would make everything magically disappear.
Smoke and mirrors all the way to the bank.
It's not.

Console versions are shit, I guess, but on PC while there are some funny bugs like flying weapons and npcs - nothing major, certainly not on the level of Kingmaker for example, which could not even be completed on release.
Love tards who didnt even play the game commenting on its state early acces lol, the biggest problem it has is non existent driver ai.

Indeed. Everyone is focusing on the bugs and performance issues but the game has some of the worst AI I have ever seen in a GTA clone or a game in general. The original GTA on PS1 had better driver AI than this and the NPCs are some of the stupidest I have ever seen. NPCs in the world have 1 line of dialogue they will say to you, if that, and you can walk right through them FFS. Deus Ex NPCs felt more real than this. Not to mention how absolutely fucking basic the combat is (especially H2H, which my character was specced for). Even with good framerates and no bugs this game would be an amateurish fucking joke of an open world action game, well below the standards set by games like Red Dead 2, Ghost of Tsushima or even games like Vice City or San Andreas.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
You get what you deserve for not being informed.
Good luck on your future genocide crusade.
No. Selling a game that doesn't run is straight up fraud. It's like selling a bucket with a hole in the bottom. That's not the fault of the customer. I chose to buy on console because releasing a console game that doesn't run on the console it is being sold on is not common at all. Whatever the expected quality of the game if I'm buying for a homogenous system like a console a reasonable person can expect it to run. Having to expect fraud in every transaction is no way to live.

DONT. FUCKING. PREORDER.

For the 50th time.

Reinhardt

Arcane
It looks mediocre and generic you dipshit graphic whore lol. Having higher (arguably) graphical fidelity doesn't mean it looks good.
Medicore sure retard if this is medicore outer worlds is atari graphics. Get me a shot like this from other game if its so generic mr mysterymeat brainlet.

photomode_13122020_23wfjmh.png

You brainlets choose your battles poorly there is myriad things to critique in this game but graphics or art direction aint one of them but it figures DUMBFUCK tag is well deserved in your case.
Nigger, it's just some modern city. Nothing beautiful or groundbreaking. It doesn't even looks like future.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Any man would have written a better AI. Am I right?
My wife commented on the NPC behavior: "who programmed this shit? a monkey"?
Any real man would have replied "Worse, a woman". Men are inherently capable of writing better AI due to chormones emitted in their testicles. I'm sure there is a neckbeard youtuber somewhere who explains that.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
CD Projekt Red said I can have a refund but Sony's chatbot told me to fuck off. I emailed CD Projekt but I'm not really expecting that to go anywhere. It's pretty easy to virtue signal and promise a refund you don't have the power to authorize then blame Sony for a policy CD Projekt knew about before release, just like they knew about the state of the fucking game. Oh sure act like this was all a big mistake. Like nobody at CD Projekt played Cyberjunk on a ps4 and they didn't know. Bastards.
It’s difficult to empathize with someone who preorders games because ppl like you allow the problem in the first place. On top o that they use the number of preorders to show how successful their game is.

sullynathan

Arcane
The game isn't amazing but its not as bad as Reddit would have you believe, particularly when half their comments are "fuck this game I'm going back to Assassin's Creed Valhalla" which is far more generic and repetitive then this game.
When your average gamer has been playing AC for generations and cyberpunk doesn't do those certain open world things, of course they'll go back.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
CD Projekt Red said I can have a refund but Sony's chatbot told me to fuck off. I emailed CD Projekt but I'm not really expecting that to go anywhere. It's pretty easy to virtue signal and promise a refund you don't have the power to authorize then blame Sony for a policy CD Projekt knew about before release, just like they knew about the state of the fucking game. Oh sure act like this was all a big mistake. Like nobody at CD Projekt played Cyberjunk on a ps4 and they didn't know. Bastards.

I'm so sick of greedy fucking bastards looking to take advantage at every turn. Not an original thing to say but that's kind of the problem. It can wear you down at times. I went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned today and he only did two thirds of them and said I had to book another appointment to get the other third done because he was out of time, but he spent half the appointment fucking chatting and nobody was waiting after me. One of these days I'm going to snap and slash one of these black hearted scamming fuckers right in their smug fucking face.
Did you use the refund email address which CDPR provided? If not, you definitely should send a letter there.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Did you use the refund email address which CDPR provided? If not, you definitely should send a letter there.
Yeah I did. There was no automated reply to acknowledge my email but I'll post in this thread if anything comes of it. I very much doubt it will.

As I said I believe that statement to be empty PR to try to still appear pro consumer while blatantly screwing over customers. If CD Projekt were really the kind of firm they present themselves to be they would have delayed the console launch and just launched the PC version. They knowingly hid the broken state of the console versions by only allowing reviewers access to the PC version and banning them from using their own footage in reviews. Now they act like this is all a big mistake, like they are good guys just incompetent. Bull fucking shit. They know few people will be able to get a refund and they were counting on dumb asses like me buying day 1 (I didn't preoder but may as well have. I bought the game as soon as it was available).

Sure I was dumb to buy day one. Absolutely. But goddamn, it's like they sold me this bucket that they said would suck my dick, take three inches of my waistline and cook me perfect pancakes every time. I figured a bucket can't really do all those things but a bucket should at least carry water. It did not. It has a hole in the bottom and its full of feces.

orcinator

Liturgist
Completed a decent portion of the ACT 2 content

Playing solely to see what emotional cutscene is going to glitch out and have an NPC spin in place.

Movie bits have been okay but absolutely nothing has stuck out on the gameplay front, just endless shooting galleries against the melee guy enemy and the gun guy enemy(mostly gun guy), sometimes there's a robo gun guy and you have to shoot him more since he doesn't take extra headshot damage, sometimes there's a drone and it's like a gun guy but doesn't bother with cover, sometimes the melee guy or gun guy has a ton of health and his health bar is stuck on the top of your screen but he behaves the same as all the rest, sometimes the gun guy is a sniper and might one shot you but he's not that different from a red skull gun guy besides having less health, sometimes there's a turret that you can immediately hack or steal the gun from, sometimes the gun guy can hack you and then you'll be pressing X a couple additional times to counter the DOT if you can't see where he's hacking you from, the mech from the heist might appear again but it felt like a big gun guy when I fought it(I think there is an actual big gun guy you can find too), there was an exosuit boss and a sasquatch boss that were different from gun guy and melee guy but weren't particularly interesting to fight, the exosuit boss appeared again but that time there was a roof you could jump on to trivialize him.

You can shoot these guys from afar or shoot them from up close or hit them with a melee weapon, melee combat then gets really bad if you try fighting melee guy and he doesn't die instantly. You can make the enemies die faster when using certain weapons or in general if you put points into things, it's not that important.

You can stealth, sometimes the NPCs will tell you different things if you do it, it's pretty easy and boring since the enemies are way too fond of staring at walls and when you somehow find one enemy watching the other there are always dozens of random objects nearby that you can hack to make a distraction.

You can use hacks to hack enemies to death from cameras without giving them a chance to fight back but you get wallhacks from the start and it doesn't take long to find a weapon that can shoot through walls so I never bothered with it outside of softening up the spongier enemies.

If you're on a quest you have to follow the quest marker and press F to continue your conversation with the NPC while hoping the things you say might get mentioned later, often you press F to do something really mundane like sit down or take the thing the NPC is handing to you, rarely you can look around the level and find something that might give you a bonus clue that may or may not matter.

Serious question, has anyone encountered something that was actually engaging on a gameplay level besides the first time they figure out a new trick that trivializes combat?

Last edited:

Mintbarbecue

Novice

Question is if they can make it work after patches, because not many games out there that came shipped with no AI and magically patched in later.
Someone said Aliens Colonial marines had some similar problem but there AI was in place it just got borked by some typo in the code.
Not sure which is the case here but I wouldn't hold my breath, at best they improve some but it will still be ripe for meme-gif shitposting.

Last edited:

Hellion

Arcane
If the AI's behavior is indeed a bug, as stated in that investors conference call, then the game will be greatly improved within the next 3 months.

It's possible that they're just saying that to appease investors, though.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
If the AI's behavior is indeed a bug, as stated in that investors conference call, then the game will be greatly improved within the next 3 months.
That's load of bs, there maybe some small bugs like sometimes when I shoot at the pleb cars they floor it sometimes not and they could fix that but there is no ai for driving its all on rails now my hope is that this backlash will force them to make it from scratch now, they have all the assets cars and shit they just need to code some gta san andreas ai in.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
That's load of bs, there maybe some small bugs like sometimes when I shoot at the pleb cars they floor it sometimes not and they could fix that but there is no ai for driving its all on rails now my hope is that this backlash will force them to make it from scratch now, they have all the assets cars and shit they just need to code some gta san andreas ai in.

Lrn2punctu8

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom