Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
That's load of bs, there maybe some small bugs like sometimes when I shoot at the pleb cars they floor it sometimes not and they could fix that but there is no ai for driving its all on rails now my hope is that this backlash will force them to make it from scratch now, they have all the assets cars and shit they just need to code some gta san andreas ai in.

Lrn2punctu8

*Virginia Woolf intensifies*

What this game should have been, waas basically Red Dead Redemption 2 in content and scope, but in a much cooler sci-fi setting. It failed to deliver on that.

You already have Red Dead 2 from CPR and it's called The Witcher 3. 120h+ game with lots of horse riding, eating food etc. They even cited it (RDR1) as one of the main inspirations.

What you got instead is GTA V - a pretty city with no interiors, jack-of-all-trades gameplay, short main story and lackluster side content.

At least unlike GTA V, CP77 actually has a story. I still don't remember anything about GTA V, other than it being a loosely connected random plots that go nowhere, and then abruptly ending. Kinda like The Room, but unfunny.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm still thinking about the main story, after beating the game 2 days ago.

It definitely left a very strong impression on me:

how real/false exactly (in this setting) are the engrams? Do they have anything to do with consciousness or mind, let alone (I shudder to think about it) soul?
Is Alt in the afterlife, or is she stuck in this hellish illusory cyber "reality" until the end of time, and if so, in what part?
I guess I'm particularly sensible to that kind of stuff; after all, I consider Elon Musk one of the main enemies of humanity, with the Neuralink and so on (China dabbles in the same things of course). The very fact that IRL people don't want to burn all this shit to the ground and actually entertain idea of putting shit in their bodies, is all the dystopia you need.

Last edited:

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
You can hate me all you want, but i thoroughly enjoy my time with the game. And it looks beautiful, even though i don't run ray tracing, just plain ultra settings[bar few of them dropped like color precision, ssao on medium, and screen space reflection to high]. I can't imagine how good this game can look on 4k native, RT ultra. Sadly there's no GPU that will make this playable without DLSS at 60-80fps range.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Someone always steal my car so parking is not really needed.
The real question is why no one is riding bikes? Or other futuristic devices/cars. Surely there must be some kind of Ginger.
ATVs, oversized Roombas, neoned golf cars?

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
n8w14p32z.gif

flyingjohn

Arcane
All i have seen from this game is some footage from cohn stream.It was stupid.

-Catch up to a guy who your side quest givers want to kill
-He starts talking about some shit that obviously makes you second guess stuff and is certainly could not be a lie to save his life
-Npc quest giver confirms this like the fool she is
-You say stupid shit and the guy lives

Wtf this? It would be nice if you actually had to discover anything,but no.
It makes witcher 1 look like sophisticated art in comparison.

Does the game do any job of you having to work for information? Or are just given everything on a platter and have the options to disagree/agree.

sullynathan

Arcane
Wait, are the vertical buildings with interiors everywhere still in the game? Just asking because I finished the prologue mission

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If the AI's behavior is indeed a bug, as stated in that investors conference call, then the game will be greatly improved within the next 3 months.

It's possible that they're just saying that to appease investors, though.
One bit I really enjoyed from the conference call was that apparently MS and Sony gave certification to CP77 just on CDPR's gentleman's word that the fps drops, glitches and crashes will be fixed by release day.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Just shitposting and meme magic, Dragon Age was killed to appease the console crowd, so Cyberpunk being a broken mess on consoles is a spiritual payback
Sure showed them by making yet another console FPS. That's some great 'meme magic'.

KVVRR

Learned
51 hours and a complete playthough later and my biggest gripe with this game is that there's no "STOP RINGING MY FUCKING PHONE" option for the quest givers. At least give me a way to cut the call, I don't care about whatever cyberpsycho that is making a rampage close to me, I'm in the middle of a main quest for fucks sake

I really liked the endings. Jhonny's and the give up ones especially, really just shows how the city swallowed my nomad's V up whole and spit it out without any mercy. Panam's was really bittersweet by the end, especially if you actually
get to know how long V would have left to live. 6 months isn't anything, really makes me feel bad for best girl. really having a romance in this game with these endings just seem to lead to absolute heartbreak for both judy and panam, not sure what the male romances are but I'd reckon they'll be the same.

Trying a corp playthrough now. Already a few quests in and there's an entire other way to resolve the conflict that my nomad V had no way of knowing about, took me by surprise. There might be more c & c on this game that I originally thought, although it's really early game so it might not be like this later on. We'll see.
Gonna try antagonizing Silverhand at any chance I get and see if it changes anything else too.

overall pretty good game, I'll give it a better than red dead 2/10 even with the perfomance being shit and being almost beth tier on bugs. The amount of times I died for jumping too much might be on the dozens.

ChildInTime

Learned
What this game should have been, waas basically Red Dead Redemption 2 in content and scope, but in a much cooler sci-fi setting. It failed to deliver on that.

You already have Red Dead 2 from CPR and it's called The Witcher 3. 120h+ game with lots of horse riding, eating food etc. They even cited it (RDR1) as one of the main inspirations.

What you got instead is GTA V - a pretty city with no interiors, jack-of-all-trades gameplay, short main story and lackluster side content.

At least unlike GTA V, CP77 actually has a story. I still don't remember anything about GTA V, other than it being a loosely connected random plots that go nowhere, and then abruptly ending. Kinda like The Room, but unfunny.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm still thinking about the main story, after beating the game 2 days ago.

It definitely left a very strong impression on me:

how real/false exactly (in this setting) are the engrams? Do they have anything to do with consciousness or mind, let alone (I shudder to think about it) soul?
Is Alt in the afterlife, or is she stuck in this hellish illusory cyber "reality" until the end of time, and if so, in what part?
I guess I'm particularly sensible to that kind of stuff; after all, I consider Elon Musk one of the main enemies of humanity, with the Neuralink and so on (China dabbles in the same things of course). The very fact that IRL people don't want to burn all this shit to the ground and actually entertain idea of putting shit in their bodies, is all the dystopia you need.
I agree, the story is the main draw here, and it's done exceptionally well.

All the endings give you something to think about, be it
personal responsibility for your decisions, the question of mortality and dealing with inevitability of death, or immortality in the context of immaterial "soul" - is V still V after being hit with the Soulkiller (be it Alt or Arasaka doing it, same thing) or just some advanced lines of code being stuck in a digital afterlife, Johnny being handed Vs body and having to live with the cards dealt to him etc. Game gave me some serious Planescape vibes.

Wait, are the vertical buildings with interiors everywhere still in the game? Just asking because I finished the prologue mission
There is a lot of verticality, but of course it's not everywhere and most of the time you will find just locked doors.

KVVRR

Learned
Serous question, has anyone encountered something that was actually engaging on a gameplay level besides the first time they figure out a new trick that trivializes combat?
Try getting one of those implants for double jump and do parkour while shooting (or punching) the enemies. That's the only way I'd found to make the actual gameplay more fun than just decent, really. Jumping from a roof to the other so you get to a sniper, giving him a good swing and seeing you oneshot him with the gorilla hands while he makes a backflip is pretty good. Exploding their heads with a rusty shovel too.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Reading the Trauma Team part reminded me of cop response in Mafia 3. Basically in that game, if you do crime in poor neighborhoods full of POC then it'd take them longer to response. This can be applied directly to this game, it actually makes sense if Trauma Team doesn't pull up to an aftermath of gangsters shooting each other in bumfuck nowhere because they can't afford TT Premium, so this system on paper is already easier to implement than in GTA, where ambulance always appears no matter who the victim is.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
One thing that catched my eye back in the teaser trailer of Cyberpunk 2077 was the police. For me the trailer hinted that the setting of the game could potentially be a cyberpunk city heavily watched over by the police (And the corpos through them). Even at the start of the game, when you are in the car with Jackie there's a moment where the special elite police MAX-TAC does appear:

d9009770926752e42f507bfb5273576fo.png

But they never do later in the game in the same fashion when you are free-roaming the city. You expected them to be more present, appearing following some scum ncps in random events or even after you for killing a lot of civilians and stuff. But they barely do (I think they chase you when you reach maximum level of wanted, but I'm not sure). It's very dissapointing in that regard.

mondblut

Arcane

Imagine a clone being made of you. Is he you? He thinks he is, but you, I doubt so. Now imagine a clone being made of you, then you being killed immediately afterwards. Do you keep living in that clone? He thinks he does, but you - you are dead, replaced by an imposter.

For a third person, there is no difference between the original and the clone, and neither it is for the clone, so it's all fine. But I wouldn't wish to be the one who is being cloned.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Panam's was really bittersweet by the end, especially if you actually
get to know how long V would have left to live. 6 months isn't anything, really makes me feel bad for best girl. really having a romance in this game with these endings just seem to lead to absolute heartbreak for both judy and panam, not sure what the male romances are but I'd reckon they'll be the same.

Was it? I thought it's the only real happy "and they lived happily ever after" ending, implying that Aldecaldos' contacts outside of California will fix his reconfigured DNA, giving him a longer lifespan. The only "bitter" thing for me was the burden of leadership for Panam, having to constantly skip dates lmao

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom