Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

"WAA WAA... I don't like him"....... Hardly the issue is it?

I'd think one would be more concerned with if what he was saying was a lie or the truth, especially in these time... and as far as I can make out, he is telling the truth.... MOTIVATION for us getting that truth however is sadly something that we don't have the luxury of being concerned with anymore.

Just be thankful that we can get some truth, some where.... because I don't think well be able to rely on that in the coming years.
I appreciate your enthusiasm kiddo, but I'm not emotionally invested in this game or its development history. You are wasting your efforts trying to troll me. Go be an eager noober with someone else.

Just because you don't agree with someone else's opinion.. doesn't mean they are 'trolling' you. :/

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
I quite agree that most of us expected it..... but I think we still have a right to be surprised and horrified/disgusted when we get confimation.

I can see how some would feel like that. Not sure I'd trust them with real money or sharp objects, almost tempted to advise 'down the road, not across the street' to help them out some, but it's an amusing internet drama to watch.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Can anyone explain to me how and in what way was the 2018 demo faked? What was fake about it?

The demo wasn't fake, like created in some Blender and animated there. It was in engine with ingame assets running on normal PC in realtime, but stuff like the AI was completely scripted, as were some of the gameplay events (car ambush, Jackie running through the wall) to make it look cool. Same with some mechanics, they were just scripted for the demo, but weren't fully implemented for the actual game yet. And at least one that was scripted, the wall running, then didn't make it into the game, probably because they realized that doing a whole wallrunning system would be an insane bitch to do for an open city game like this.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
The demo wasn't fake, like created in some Blender and animated there. It was in engine with ingame assets running on normal PC in realtime, but stuff like the AI was completely scripted, as were some of the gameplay events (car ambush, Jackie running through the wall) to make it look cool. Same with some mechanics, they were just scripted for the demo, but weren't fully implemented for the actual game yet. And at least one that was scripted, the wall running, then didn't make it into the game, probably because they realized that doing a whole wallrunning system would be an insane bitch to do for an open city game like this.
Thanks, so, in other words, it was a completely normal E3 demo.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Adam Badowski, aka The Big Bad, has few thoughts

Er4ODvqWMAYlb43

Last edited by a moderator:

CROmagnon

Augur
Can anyone explain to me how and in what way was the 2018 demo faked? What was fake about it?

Thank you for the explanation.

As I thought, that part of the article is complete bullshit. So the demo was "embellished" for lack of a better word for the 2018 E3 presentation but that's a long way from fakery. As I wrote the most of what the showed demo is in the final game. Well, wall running isn't so that means everything was fake. :roll:

And now thanks to that statement in that article every youtube "content creator recycler" and their grandma are dropping videos with titles like MASSIVE REVEAL, 2018 DEMO WAS FAKE, CDPR IS WORSE THAN HITLER TRUMP. I mean it is getting crazy. Not to mention a statement like this (that they faked the whole demo in 2018) can be considered slander. Now before anyone accuses me of defending or shilling for CDPR let me state I think they fucked up royaly and dug their own grave with various statements and promises the worst of which was that the game runs fine on consoles which they knew or should have known not to be true. But there is no reason to make shit up and make statements that border on slander when there are plentiful real reasons to rip on CDPR. But that is modern "journalism" for you, I guess.

Wesp5

Arcane
I think this is quite normal. I remember that the Half-Life 2 2003 E3 demo was leaked when their alpha was stolen and you can find it as a working mod on the web now. Basically there wasn't anything there except of what was supposed to be shown...

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If Badowski was behind the switch to 1st person as that article says, he did indeed bury the game and turn it into a "press F" affair not worth more than one playthrough.

Custom character creation + open world + narrative driven main story (+ anything else than isometric perspective) - a recipe for massive compromise with reactivity and C&C. This game just proves it.

alyvain

Learned
Custom character creation + open world + narrative driven main story (+ anything else than isometric perspective) - a recipe for massive compromise with reactivity and C&C. This game just proves it.

Don't forget the fully voiced characters on top. Honestly, I still don't understand how anyone can fall for it, but I probably shouldn't play the devil's advocate.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If Badowski was behind the switch to 1st person as that article says, he did indeed bury the game and turn it into a "press F" affair not worth more than one playthrough.

New Vegas did it well enough, in my opinion.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
this demo evolved into something that got multiple 9/10s and 10/10s on PC from many renown gaming outlets in the world

This is quite pathetic, and I hope it's just PR bullshit and doesn't really believe it.

Codex Year of the Donut
Are people really surprised that a demo was an unfinished slice of what was currently being worked on?
There are reasons to hate on the game, but that isn't one of them.

alyvain

Learned
There's actually some decent C&C in the game. I found that one of my earlier choices locked me out of some equipment I wanted to buy because the vendor thought I was an asshole.

I appreciated it, but that was one weird Age-of-Decadence turn, which, as far as I know, irritated people on Reddit and YouTube for real. Given that this must be the target audience, now I understand some additional problems with CDPR making a C&C-heavy game at all.

Funposter

Arcane
Sawyer comments!

Anthem and "Bioware magic" isn't entirely comparable, I'd say, because it's clearly delusional. Anthem was several years removed from Bioware's massive commercial and critical successes, so outside of Bioware, I'm not sure how many people really thought it was going to be a big deal. Cyberpunk was an immediate follow-up to The Witcher 3, so the state in which it released is a little more shocking.

ofc the guy who has created repeat failures thinks there's no such thing as "dev magic"

The "staff level people" he's referring to are all of the people from Black Isle/Obsidian who are no longer working with him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom