Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

jfrisby

Cipher
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong
LM21Lay.jpg

Jinn

Arcane
Also, have to cap my FPS at 40fps on medium settings sans film grain, chromatic aberration, and depth of field and all the ray tracing shit, with a 1060 GTX 6gb, Ryzen 7 Eight-core 3.70 GHz, and 32gb DDR4. Is there a particular setting that's dragging my performance down that much, or is it just time for a new video card?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
OK here is that streamer, and his dildo of thousands truths technique. I picked the moment with figth, to show you the georgeous gunfight.
Moment devoid of spoilers, since it's figth, and in Russian.
I think 1 or 2 minutes will give you some idea about combat in game.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Two bugs so far, Jackie moving through a closed elevator door and I dying as soon as one of those scripted chase sequences started. So far, it is certainly buggy but it isnt a big deal. What I found a big deal is why they let you distribute points if each point has so little impact? You can distribute 7 attribute points, but each point do amazing stuff like increase critical hit chance by 1% or the, amazing OP, "increase the time it takes to enemies to see you by 0.5% seconds", I'm shocked how they let such impacting bonuses scape Q&A, I'm truly shocked.

By the looks of it, you can increase those attributes up to 20 each what really dillutes the initial attribute point distribution but you know, they could remove the initial stat allocation screen and wouldnt make a difference, I bet they let such grognard relic to still grab their RPG badge though. I liked that they borrowed something that I really found interesting on Watch Dogs games (actually one of the few things good in them), camera hacking, it works the same way as on Watch Dogs, you hack a camera then you can hack other things from its point of view, this makes stealth more involved than the typical crouch to win AAA stealth.

Their melee system sucks balls, it is sluggish and as all popamole games ever, you are better served spamming left button. I chosen the Nomad start, my thought process being, you are an outsider of Night City and that would be a good start, well, you basically go talk to Jackie, there is a lame scripted chase sequence and, after a 6 months later time skip, you are super friends of Jackie then the game takes you into a mission they spoiled on the trailers then another lame chase sequence for you to finally get to your appartment. Let's say I was disappointed as I expected a smoother transition into Night City. It takes forever for you to be released on the open world and by what I experienced, the nomad start is pretty weak, the beginning of the game as a nomad is literaly just a series of sequences shown to the death on the trailers for something like 2 to 3 hours.

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Two bugs so far, Jackie moving through a closed elevator door

Same bug happened to me also :D
Attribute points seem like mostly a "lock" factor for passives. There are lots of passives and while some of them boring % increases, some seem really change your gameplay. I'm liking throwing knives for sure.
Melee sure is boring, I cant fathom why everyone insisting on not copying Riddick's melee combat. That shit was basic yet effective, fun and nearly 20 years old...

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Got my GoG key I bought on key seller site for 30 euros, tonight after work we will see how good it looks on my 1060 6GB, i5-6600.

SumDrunkGuy

I'm so happy I don't play video games anymore. Such a worthless industry and medium. The only thing that could possibly bring me back at this point is From Software.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom