Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
The skill system has more depth than I would have ever give CDPR credit for after TW3. Seems to be quite a few different valid build paths with diverse playstyles, although it depends on how easy or difficult it is to min/max.

Question: is there any real point to non-lethal takedowns? Game doesn't seem to care if you murder everyone. Also, how do you level the Cold Blood and Engineer skills?

Inziladun

Magister
So I'm a few hours in now, just mostly been messing around, unoptimizing my character to the nth degree trying to figure out what I want to focus on, but it don't matter since i'm playing on normie level. So far I've found Melee to be OP to retarded levels. Either I can take pot shots and waste ammo, plus take 5x as long to clear out an area, or I can go all Oda Nobunaga on some punks and slice them to bits in mere seconds. Don't know if the Sword that was placed in my storage is random and I got a good one or if the starter sword is just imbalanced, or melee in general is too stronk.

I have noticed, at least so far, that the AI doesn't put much pressure on you to flush you out of cover, so it seems pretty easy to just run in, slice some hoes and then hide and heal up, rinse and repeat. So that might be the primary reason why melee is so powerful.

All in all, the game isn't bad, the dialogue choices are pretty limited though, which honestly is surprising to me. Even Witcher 3 seemed to have more fluff to it's dialogue, and we were playing a fixed character with a fixed personality in that one. The game is a buggy mess too, in ways that you wouldn't expect mostly.

Awful performance is really subjective.
I7 4790K, GTX 980, 1080p, everything at max except that "psycho" reflection setting that is 'merely' at Ultra, and it works fine. Not constant 30 FPS in crowded areas, but does it really matter ? Playability is perfect.

Not constant 30 FPS lmao wtf is this?

I'd consider anything below 60 FPS a deal braker.

Fuck this gayme i'll wait five years on my next upgrade so i can snatch the GOTY edition for five bucks on G2A.

I just think it's rather telling that when shills say they're getting "great performance" at High settings they really mean 30FPS and below. That's not acceptable. It's not acceptable that on my GTX 1080 TI (a card more powerful than the majority of both the 2000 and 3000 series baring the 3080 which is only slightly better)I can barely manage 30-40FPS on MEDIUM SETTINGS when the graphics simply aren't good enough on those settings to justify that performance. That's CDPRs fault not mine. My PC performs in the top 5% of PCs, it was expensive as fuck. It should have more than enough power to handle Cyberpunk. So don't fucking say to "just get a better graphics card". Baring in mind, the 3080 can only just manage 60FPS with raytracing off anyway. Cyberpunk should not be running as bad as it does on top of the line gaming PCs. Full stop.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I haven't played on anything below 60 FPS in more than 15 years. The last time i even saw 30 FPS is when i was fiddling with Demon's Souls on the PS3 emulator and i kept thinking something was broken until i unlocked the 60 FPS mode lmao.

Turjan

Arcane
Don't know if the Sword that was placed in my storage is random and I got a good one or if the starter sword is just imbalanced,
I didn't spec for melee, and that sword has something like 262 dps in my case. None of my guns comes even close.

orcinator

Liturgist
Beat the Heist quest chain and now have access to the whole city.
Decided to do the robocab quest first and it takes you all over town, hope you don't accidentally attack someone before checking if there's a skull above them because those level 20 hobos that wear bullet proof wifebeaters and kill you instantly are very real. Of course if there's not too may of them you can pin them under a car and unload a few mags into their heads and their HP might run out before your bullets do, then you can enjoy having a lv 20 weapon that's just too cooll for you to use and will be obsolete if you stick with the game long enough for it to find you worthy of using it.

Also cheat engine'd so I could buy the double jump aug early, it helps a lot with making the traversal more fun and seems to prevent fall damage (as long as you're not trying to jump down to the plaza below V's apartment instead of taking the elevator, that's just not allowed and even if you find something to break your fall you'll learn the ground is covered by an instant death field.)

Last edited:

Readher

Savant
On 3570 it is literally impossible to get 60FPS in most places, no matter how low you set your settings, game is CPU bound just like Witcher 3 was.
Um, no? This is what I see on my PC while playing (hint: upper left corner):

J3fE4o5.jpg
I said in most places. There are closed environments where I was able to get 60, but something like in the apartment in the beginning or open street there's no way.
The screenshot you're replying to literally has 30 FPS, lol.

Yosharian

Arcane
I just think it's rather telling that when shills say they're getting "great performance" at High settings they really mean 30FPS and below. That's not acceptable. It's not acceptable that on my GTX 1080 TI (a card more powerful than the majority of both the 2000 and 3000 series baring the 3080 which is only slightly better)I can barely manage 30-40FPS on MEDIUM SETTINGS when the graphics simply aren't good enough on those settings to justify that performance. That's CDPRs fault not mine. My PC performs in the top 5% of PCs, it was expensive as fuck. It should have more than enough power to handle Cyberpunk. So don't fucking say to "just get a better graphics card". Baring in mind, the 3080 can only just manage 60FPS with raytracing off anyway. Cyberpunk should not be running as bad as it does on top of the line gaming PCs. Full stop.
My 3080 is getting me 130-180 FPS, most settings at Ultra preset, DLSS Quality, RT off. 1440p.

So please fuck off with your 60 FPS lmao

BTW the 1080TI is dramatically outperformed by the 3080

Gerrard

Arcane
On 3570 it is literally impossible to get 60FPS in most places, no matter how low you set your settings, game is CPU bound just like Witcher 3 was.
Um, no? This is what I see on my PC while playing (hint: upper left corner):

J3fE4o5.jpg
I said in most places. There are closed environments where I was able to get 60, but something like in the apartment in the beginning or open street there's no way.
The screenshot you're replying to literally has 30 FPS, lol.
I assume he was talking about the game being CPU bound. Of course you can go to a place where the CPU is not used much and then turn up the graphic settings until the GPU is maxed. On the lowest settings the 1060 was only around 60% usage.

What I meant is that even if you turn all the settings to lowest, there are places where you won't be able to get 60FPS because of the CPU.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
The skill system has more depth than I would have ever give CDPR credit for after TW3. Seems to be quite a few different valid build paths with diverse playstyles, although it depends on how easy or difficult it is to min/max.

Question: is there any real point to non-lethal takedowns? Game doesn't seem to care if you murder everyone. Also, how do you level the Cold Blood and Engineer skills?

There are quests where you get additional rewards for not being lethal. Most prominent seem to be the cyberpsycho missions.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My 3080 is getting me 130-180 FPS, most settings at Ultra preset, DLSS Quality, RT off. 1440p.

Trans-Financial-Man , what are your CPU and RAM? On a 1080ti / 4790k / 8 GB DDR3 I'm going between 50 when driving around and 60 during missions, and that's because I have vsync turned on. Settings are at high/ultra at 1440p. I've posted how to achieve 25% boost with no perceptible loss in quality. So your raging over 40fps on Medium is a bit weird.

Gargaune

Magister
This is a Public Safety Announcement for the citizens of fair Codexia:

Does Cyberpunk 2077 lock up when you try taking a screenshot in Photomode?

Do you run the game in Fullscreen mode?

Do you think game developers today just have no fucking clue what they're doing anymore?

If you answered yes to all of the above, then boy, do I have good news for you! Introducing Borderless Window, the only display mode in which modern gamedevs actually bother trying to make their shitty software run properly! Apply today!

Yosharian

Arcane

Trans-Financial-Man , what are your CPU and RAM? On a 1080ti / 4790k / 8 GB DDR3 I'm going between 50 when driving around and 60 during missions, and that's because I have vsync turned on. Settings are at high/ultra at 1440p. I've posted how to achieve 25% boost with no perceptible loss in quality. So your raging over 40fps on Medium is a bit weird.
I turned on that Sharpening thing, not sure how much it's improving the image. But it seems to cost almost no FPS at all

Derringer

Prophet
Yeah,this is quite the trend in the last few years. You could make good money buying stocks a month before release and selling it just a few hours before it release. Their stocks always plummet after a released of AAA game. Hmm curious if CoD still have the sell power of old.
It's almost like a majority of AAA games are a stock market scam propped up by marketing, what a coincidence.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Q7xnhvL.jpg

"3080 is only slightly better than 1080TI"
I was too lazy to dig that one up. But he should also see that video CyberWhale posted earlier:

1080ti is 2070 Super equivalent in processing power. The notion that it will somehow beat 3070, a card which has 20fps advantage over 2070 Super is pure bollocks. Math doesn't work that way.

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah the 1080TI was great for a long time but it has been thoroughly dethroned by the 3000 series.

I'm keeping mine though, it's going in my secondary PC

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Dethroned by RTX series actually, 20XX series included. DLSS is what gives it the advantage over older Pascal architecture, even if they are equals when it comes to conventional TFLOPS.

Yosharian

Arcane
Dethroned by RTX series actually, 20XX series included. DLSS is what gives it the advantage over older Pascal architecture, even if they are equals when it comes to conventional TFLOPS.
That only really became true with DLSS 2.0, which is relatively recent. Until that point DLSS was kind of a meme and the 2080TI wasn't THAT much more powerful than the 1080TI. And it cost a lot more than the 1080TI did when it was king.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Sure, but doesn't really matter at this point. I've bought a used GTX1080 and I don't regret it, but even a normal RTX2060 will surpass it in performance nowadays (especially with DLSS 2.0)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom