Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Inziladun

Magister
Yeah, see that's how I know you bought into the Hype machine and were smelling the farts. I don't care what CDPR does with their money or what their budget is for their games. If the game is decent, that's alright with me. Their financials are a personal issue.
You wouldn't know the difference between your ass and the mouth, considering the amount of shit you've just spewed forth from the latter, retard. If anything, I was amazed that over the years, the game kept the hype and attention around it, considering significant cuts of content and a not-so-obscured genre and concept change. Even noted it in some of my previous posts, I seldom engage in playing modern shit as is.
But yeah, this is a debacle despite yours or mine lack of interest in their financial standings, because it's only reasonable to judge the developers in this regard also. When bars are set at a certain height - by developers themselves, it is only due that they amount up to those heights, it's not a matter of whether you are satisfied with the diarrhea on your plate (like you are now) or not.
You are even wrong about the game being a decent one, at that. Even if one is extremely generous, calling it a mediocrity would be a compliment.

Hmm, okay dude. Where have you been the past 20 years? If people get the hype train rolling for a AAA title, that train don't stop, regardless of any warning signs. I admit, I do wish I paid more attention because I really like CDPR and from some of the comments in this thread it seems like some key developers jumped ship during this project so I guess they're probably not worth paying attention to any more. Shame how it's always the same story with any talented game dev. The industry really has proved to be toxic, underpaid, overworked programmers and overpaid, underworked project leads that usually push shit ideas.

I understand where you're coming from, but it almost seems like you're too late on this one(I'm sure you think the 90s is the last time a good game was released as well). I'm so used to Game Devs talking up their projects like they're the second coming of christ. Every developer does this. The last people I'd trust to give me an honest opinion would be those that stand to financially benefit from me buying the product.

But what do I know, I enjoy great games like Fallout, Planescape Torment or Arcanum. There's also some shit games like Overwatch and World of Warcraft that I have fun with. At the end of the day, a game is a game, not all of them have to be masterpieces for me to enjoy them. Cyberpunk has enough redeemable qualities in it for me to have fun. The city is really well made and is genuinely fun to explore and look at. The story is interesting enough, despite it being on rails. The characters, for the most part, are pretty fun. Yeah the combat is kind of hit or miss, and the gameplay in general is pretty meh. Guess I'm just confused at what you were expecting. I'm certainly not really looking forward to the next CDPR title, so that in itself says a lot

If CDPR promised the Ocean but gave you a lake, I mean, you still have a lake. Sure don't trust those fuckers, I guess, but I never did in the first place.

Last edited:

kreight

For Takemura fans. When the game tells you there is no way to save him, dont trust the game. Dont follow the yellow arrow, turn back and pick him up.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Ahhh are you even trying? Fuck you are just too stupid.
Said the turk rape child your tags speak enough about your mental illness bye bye negro and remember you never will be white no matter how hard you try :lol:

Tinder profile

23716.jpg

Reality
crazy-arab.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Dexter

Arcane
Like I said earlier the people who made up a fantasy world for themselves where this game would feature the best of three other games (Deus Ex, GTA, Witcher 3) while the developers were denying it all the fucking time, at every opportunity, are the same people who will simp for a girl who said "Hi!" to them once.
Butthurt cucks hating this GOTY are literally on the same level as fucking trannies LMAO.
Yes, it's a conspiracy. I'm only pretending to enjoy the game. In fact true satisfaction comes from watching the reactions of NPCs on the street.

Dexter

Arcane
I started playing with corpo and its prologue was shit. Dialog meh, there was no any real choises

You can climb most buildings

I am playing hardest and completionist on the first. I spent like an hour after the prologue on the first boxing match cause i kept getting twoshot lol.

Playing on the hardest difficulty too. Had to give up on those two idiots :D
Timestamped to your solution:

Worst part of the game was easily Johnny told him to fuck off every opportunity I got but obviously it did not have any significant change to anything.
iaedmpq6jw461.png

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
150 pages since I've been here (22 nov), and 100+ here, are you kidding? Give me a ruling, is it shit?

It's Deus Ex Human Revolution but in an open world with all the shit an open world game brings... checklists, generic missions, following markers, etc. If that sounds good, you'll like it. If not, you won't.

Generic-Giant-Spider

This is a good time to shill zwanzig_zwoelf 's cyberpunk dungeon crawler DAS GEISTERSCHIFF now available on Steam and does not feature gay romance. But don't believe me, just look at this review tagline:

"Das Geisterschiff is THE Das GeisterSHIT!" - Darth Roxor

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
The whole point of sjwism in media is "representation"

The whole point of "representations" is displacement of white culture and white man from culture. And presenting Unnormal things as New Norm, which happen naturlaly when you completely squeeze out significant part of society which whites are out of cultural field.
So nobody gives a fuck what trannies feel or want, if it serve that cause - so what? it will be 42% instead of 41%.

t's just a woman with a penis, normal thing in the current year
No, not normal.
Also "woman" teehee.

All I can say is the Blood and Wine of this game is going to be so fucking good

Regardless of everything else the core gameplay loop shits on Witcher 3's snoozefest

It only shows how bad W3 gameplay loop is. That's why I never played it, and never will.

Last edited:
Hmm, okay dude. Where have you been the past 20 years? If people get the hype train rolling for a AAA title, that train don't stop, regardless of any warning signs. I admit, I do wish I paid more attention because I really like CDPR and from some of the comments in this thread it seems like some key developers jumped ship during this project so I guess they're probably not worth paying attention to any more. Shame how it's always the same story with any talented game dev. The industry really has proved to be toxic, underpaid, overworked programmers and overpaid, underworked project leads that usually push shit ideas.

I understand where you're coming from, but it almost seems like you're too late on this one(I'm sure you think the 90s is the last time a good game was released as well). I'm so used to Game Devs talking up their projects like they're the second coming of christ. Every developer does this. The last people I'd trust to give me an honest opinion would be those that stand to financially benefit from me buying the product.

But what do I know, I enjoy great games like Fallout, Planescape Torment or Arcanum. I also enjoy shit games like Overwatch and World of Warcraft. At the end of the day, a game is a game, not all of them have to be masterpieces for me to enjoy them. Cyberpunk has enough redeemable qualities in it for me to have fun. The city is really well made and is genuinely fun to explore and look at. The story is interesting enough, despite it being on rails. The characters, for the most part, are pretty fun. Yeah the combat is kind of hit or miss, and the gameplay in general is pretty meh. Guess I'm just confused at what you were expecting.

If CDPR promised the Ocean but gave you a lake, I mean, you still have a lake. Sure don't trust those fuckers, I guess, but I never did in the first place.

So we started this off by your initial comment that you don't quite comprehend as to why the game garnered so much hate. I said, they promised oceans, so they are rightly reprimanded by the audiences for giving a muddy puddle instead, whilst in your eyes they provided a lake. Our difference of perspective here matters little though, like I've said - it's still a debacle and only soulless sheep have ever bought into having sky-high expectations of this, assuming that simultaneously they have invested at least the minimal effort to follow through the course of Cyberpunk's development cycle. Now here's an important thing to consider however - there are inherent expectations held for the product based on the presented capacities and ambitions by the developers themselves. Meaning, even if your personal expectations might be high or low, some companies are nevertheless held to a certain standard of quality, based primarily on the available budget at hand (at least in my opinion).

What does this mean? It means that If I sit at a 5 star restaurant I'm expecting a juicy 5 star prime rib and if I'm sitting at Taco Bell I'm expecting a surge of violent diarrhea next morning. All in all, people are rightly justified in smearing shit all over CDPR for this entire stunt and for delivering an utter mediocrity on the plate - a barely technically functional one, at that. I'll be honest - I don't have a high stake in this. I pirated it I played for like 4 hours - luckily it was more of a bug-free ordeal than not - but I've found it bland, uninspired and generic, in nearly every aspect. Fuck knows if it improves later on, but It simply didn't click in with me.
And let me tell you that your implication that I shun all things modern has no bearing on it. I am of thought that it's more difficult to stumble upon quality, "high budget" games now than it was before, but this is not to say that there are no modern games that I don't like, or that I abstain from them overall, so I'm not sure what your observations in that department allude towards.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Like I said earlier the people who made up a fantasy world for themselves where this game would feature the best of three other games (Deus Ex, GTA, Witcher 3) while the developers were denying it all the fucking time, at every opportunity, are the same people who will simp for a girl who said "Hi!" to them once.
Butthurt cucks hating this GOTY are literally on the same level as fucking trannies LMAO.
Yes, it's a conspiracy. I'm only pretending to enjoy the game. In fact true satisfaction comes from watching the reactions of NPCs on the street.

Just the most beautiful game in action,such brave and awe-inspiring art we haven't seen in our life.

Dexter

Arcane
Game without RT is best looking game around by a mile. Just discovered that under N there is photomode.

cybpu1dgjqu.jpg

cybpu20tknx.jpg
Are those bushes Cutout 2D Billboards?
:whatho:

General LOL at background geometry. If you want to show the game on its good side stick to interiors and city streets where it needs to render a bunch of rectangles as buildings with a bunch of neon lights and do the lighting/reflections/refractions, it doesn't do landscape or distance well.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Learning from the best.

As someone who recently replayed it, Fallout 4 really does have the worst dialog system of any of these types of games. The writing is actually a bit better than Fallout 3 and Oblivion, as low a bar as that is, but the options and functionality are just dreadful. Cyberpunk beats it by a mile despite being nothing special.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom