Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Old Hans

Arcane
Literally nothing has happened yet the thread keeps going. Can't explain that.
it's like every thread that overstays its welcome. Eventually it just jumps the shark. you see like 10 new pages, open the thread, and it's just 2 people arguing over which Witcher game had the best hats

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Tons of concept art released on artstation.

https://www.artstation.com/channels/tag/TheArtofCyberpunk2077

marek-madej-asmasher-board-marekmadej.jpg

I wonder if he's got some sort of stimulating neural chip that gives him immense pleasure when he kills things...? Because getting rid of his weiner seems very extreme even for cyberpsychosis, so its absence would have to be compensated for somehow.

Yeah the EE came with a retranslation and re-recorded some dialogue.

White Rayla's original VO was pretty terrible. Sounded like a bulldyke who was also a mongoloid.

In the lore for some reason Saburo's daughter got it on with Adam one time on a party binge. Which is weird cause she was theoretically the least psycho Saburo and Adam is Adam.

Readher

Savant

I wonder if he's got some sort of stimulating neural chip that gives him immense pleasure when he kills things...? Because getting rid of his weiner seems very extreme even for cyberpsychosis, so its absence would have to be compensated for somehow.

White Rayla's original VO was pretty terrible. Sounded like a bulldyke who was also a mongoloid.

In the lore for some reason Saburo's daughter got it on with Adam one time on a party binge. Which is weird cause she was theoretically the least psycho Saburo and Adam is Adam.

It was his granddaughter, Michiko.

Ruchy

Scholar

It was his granddaughter, Michiko.

Does Michiko look like a cut of fuckable meat?

Citizen

Original Johnny concept art.

lea-leonowicz-johnny-silverhand-03.jpg

lea-leonowicz-johnny-silverhand-02.jpg

Anyway remember that random reddit "leak" from "game developer"

"Our original Johnny was heavily inspired by David Hayter's Solid Snake from the first MGS and believe it or not "

Could there be some truth to that?

OG Johnny looks like Heath Ledger
447896c1420853bb107c2632dc08613a95b2dd58.jpg

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Literally nothing has happened yet the thread keeps going. Can't explain that.
it's like every thread that overstays its welcome. Eventually it just jumps the shark. you see like 10 new pages, open the thread, and it's just 2 people arguing over which Witcher game had the best hats

Considering how awful the launch supposedly went for CDPR, I'd expect more communication from them regarding what they're going to do. A lot more. But we heard nothing relevant from them so far.

Xeon

Augur
Someone said they might be saying little because of the lawsuits so the less they say the better or something, don't know if its true or if its just coping.

Not sure what they can say as well, probably everything they'll say would probably be made fun of, for good reason as well, especially if its from the 4 dudes who kept boasting about the features before launch during the deep dives or whatever.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
lawsuits can take years though, if they only talk about cyberpunk once the lawsuits are done nobody might be interested in cyberpunk 2077 anymore by that time

msxyz

Augur
Indeed... by now most people already moved on or are waiting 1..2 years for a 'definitive' edition before playing it. Whatever they (don't) say now can only infuriate whatever fans they've left that are still actively following their game.

Some shops are already discounting the boxed PC version to 29.99 The way they handled launch, post launch and communication effectively killed the tail sales of this game. GTA5 and Skyrim continued to sell well for years keeping they brand value and recognition high.

I do hope for CDPR that all those day one sales were enough to cover the costs and then have some cash for their retirement funds, because they won't be making more money anytime soon.

msxyz

Augur
Without knowing the absolute numbers it's not possible to say it's selling well. It's right in front of a 3 yrs old game and the first one is a indie. Also, January is a period of weak sales.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Without knowing the absolute numbers it's not possible to say it's selling well. It's right in front of a 3 yrs old game and the first one is a indie. Also, January is a period of weak sales.
True. But Resident Evil Village is right before it, which probably sells a lot, and Red Dead 2 is always a big seller.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Think some of those expecting the imminent demise of CDPR should be prepared for Cyberpunk selling the same again as the pre-order plus release days over the first year, and pretty shortly afterwards overtaking TW3's total sales to date.

Redemption narrative for this year, starting today if 1.1 makes it out this week, is going to be as tedious as trying to explain to some of the 'TW3 is the greatest game ever and Cyberpunk's a looter shooter' blowhards that Cyberpunk has way more than a passing similarity to the previous game in both the 'good' and the 'bad'.

----

Those concept pics of Johnny remind me of John Cooper Clarke more than anyone. Johnny belting out 'Let me be your vacuum cleaner, breathing in your dust."

Last edited:

msxyz

Augur
Nice valentine card. I think I'll print it on cardboard and gift it to my wife on february 14th. I'll let you know her reaction :stupid:
(PS: she bought me CP2077 as I gift, I would have gladly waited till the definitive edition, as I did for TW3. It's her fault if I was exposed to such decline :hahano:)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Nice valentine card. I think I'll print it on cardboard and gift it to my wife on february 14th. I'll let you know her reaction :stupid:
(PS: she bought me CP2077 as I gift, I would have gladly waited till the definitive edition, as I did for TW3. It's her fault if I was exposed to such decline :hahano:)
I found a pic of your wife be sure to give my best regards.

person-s-right-hand-1257770-816x520.jpg

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Secret patch 1.1 changelog under DNA NDA:
  • Fixed a dialog check preventing Meredith Stout romance from starting
  • Kaukaz service cyberdeck can now be obtained from one of ripperdocs. Allows obtaining non-owned Kaukaz trucks and full customization of Kaukaz trucks. We do not plan adding this feature to other vehicles at the moment. Missile launchers, afterburners and flame throwers added as possible Kaukaz mods.
  • Wakako is now an option to perform in re-instated Samurai band
  • Killing Adam Smasher in Konpeki Plaza elevator no longer breaks The Heist quest progress and provides 5 street cred.
  • Contagion does not spread to enemies wearing face masks
  • Short Circuit deals additional damage to well hydrated enemies
  • Cars for sale no longer share map marker with quests and instead have their own big red pulsating markers

Yosharian

Arcane
  • Kaukaz service cyberdeck can now be obtained from one of ripperdocs. Allows obtaining non-owned Kaukaz trucks and full customization of Kaukaz trucks. We do not plan adding this feature to other vehicles at the moment. Missile launchers, afterburners and flame throwers added as possible Kaukaz mods.
  • Killing Adam Smasher in Konpeki Plaza elevator no longer breaks The Heist quest progress and provides 5 street cred.
  • Cars for sale no longer share map marker with quests and instead have their own big red pulsating markers
Truly incredible stuff

Xeon

Augur
Wait what? Since Contagion is a hack, doesn't that mean its not a real virus that transfer thru air or whatever?

Zer0wing

Cipher
68.gif

Even the my dad works at nintendo copypastas about this game are lame.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
68.gif

Even the my dad works at nintendo copypastas about this game are lame.

Autism is sad condition. Imagine not recognizing jokes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom