Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Turjan

Arcane
After the last patch, the game actually seems to recognize I'm using lethal force to eliminate the cyberpsychos, the messages are a bit different.
Not that I expect it to matter...

in the end regina says something like "and you killed none of them", it was sooo rewarding to hear that extra line after 17 psychos, made all the reloads worth it(cos blunt weps killed them half the time in my game), really :p

I preferred gunning them down and then just not shooting them anymore once they fell over. Half the time they were still on fire and I'd been shooting them in the face. lol
After installing the kiroshi mod that turns all damage to non-lethal it's trivial to take them out without killing, though.
Then of course you can just use stun rounds with your grenade implant. Scratch the plural, one shot is sufficient. Of course, that's the ultimate anticlimactic way to dispose of cyberpsychos.

KVVRR

Learned
I ruled out Int standing for integer because the integer limit for a possible value is way too high in order to be reached in game: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/cplusplus/cpp_data_types.htm (-2147483648 to 2147483647)

And also, the limitation Kev spoke about is a character level limitation, not intelligence limitation.

This gif summarizes everything wrong with developers, not the QA.
Imagine being angry because someone didn't complete something exactly the way you asked but still got to the goal anyways.

Did you seriously complain about this just after praising rdr2 for being impressive at every single level

I already said that I didn't like the campaign. I played it as a cowboy simulator, and it's amazing at it.

It's not just the campaign that has these problems, every single mission in the game suffers the same fate.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
You know, thinking about stealth and guns, you actually do not need a gun to play the mainquest as they "intended" to. Which makes sense, considering the overwhelming odds you usually face.
First mission is basically a stealth tutorial, Jackie even teleports to enemies to take them down as well. And comments on your skill in the end
Flathead pickup: can be done by paying or letting Maelstrom do all the fighting.
Konpeki: Jackie teleports again if needed, enemies are conviniently placed to sneak past.
Judy's part: sneak at Clouds of course, at the scav hideout Judy even creates distractions for you.
Pacifica: sneak through the GIM, Flacide blurting in your ear if you are about to get spotted. Sasquatch can be killed with counterattacks from her own hammer you klep. Or use takedowns. Knock out Netwatch, no need to fight Voodoo Boiz.
Panam: again, enemies placed far apart, Panam yelling if they are about to see you. Free Grad for the downed AV. Sneak into gas station, so the "cavalry arrival" makes sense (enemies despawn/ran away).
Takemura is all sneaking first, then sneaking and taking down Oda with counterattacks again. You only need any melee weapon, because they block all dmg by default. Or Takedowns.
You could probably sneak out of the aftermath and let Takemura die.
Avocado ending: the missions to get it can be stealthed, and let the others fight. Then it's tank action, a conveniently placed sniper rifle again, and finally sneaking. This time Panam teleports for you.
Smasher can be killed with takedowns too I guess? Might be tricky with all the adds tho.
I like to bitch at them a lot, but they did a great job allowing you to almost ghost the story. Better than Niu Deus Ex did. :salute:

duke nukem

Augur
This game is complete flop, takes months to beat few days of sales of the RDR2 during pandemic that boosted every game sales and that game only released on consoles at first. LOL. And lets be real, most of these cyberturd copies were most bought by cdprojekt itself to boost its sale numbers to please the investors and to show the youtubers how this is successful despite being complete flop.
:killit:
I ruled out Int standing for integer because the integer limit for a possible value is way too high in order to be reached in game: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/cplusplus/cpp_data_types.htm (-2147483648 to 2147483647)

And also, the limitation Kev spoke about is a character level limitation, not intelligence limitation.

This gif summarizes everything wrong with developers, not the QA.
Imagine being angry because someone didn't complete something exactly the way you asked but still got to the goal anyways.

Did you seriously complain about this just after praising rdr2 for being impressive at every single level

Open world game where every mission turns into linear scripted sequence where you cant move even few meters away out of your rail or you will fail the mission yep BEST OPEN WORLD GAEM EVA SUPER GOOD USE OF OPEN WORLD.

The mission says you must stay on the trail. What is so hard to undestrand english? You have to pick up person during that walk. But if you would put a marker on that location, then it would break the immersion.

RDR2 is a master piece and more rpg than cyberturd 2077 ever will be.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Rarely I got attacked by someone using smart-weapon, it could be a counter to high-mobility builds but that doesn't happen in the game.
Smart weapons are only as smart as their user. :obviously:The AI cannot into arching shots, so all that's left are weapons with lower dmg per shot aimed at you. I doubt enemies can even crit, which is the biggest boon of smart links.

As long as you stick to cover, I found the most dangerous weapons to be the ovendoor revolver, because of it's high dmg per shot. Ironically making the mostly melee Animals the hardest opponent.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
CD Projekt: Did you know that this company got 7 million from polish taxpayers money on developing technology enabling the seamless world environment in 2016. Instead they threw this money on promoting LGBT (outside Arab countries), BLM and donated money on the opposition president candidate. They hate the current government but the money didn't smell. Now as they focused on propaganda, instead of making a game and after they released unfinished scam they beg for forgiveness. Why are every liberals like that? It transcends the borders, languages and cultures, they are always like that. The more criminal-minded the more liberal you are. It's very sad.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Are you guise still cucking hard for this game? Why? It is a mediocre looter shooter with high production values, each end of the year, AAA shit out one of those, why are you still coping for this thing? Even the drama died down. After the "quality" of this 1.1 patch, you should know what to expect, it is close the curtains and end of the show with some maybe pretty average paid DLC for the single player and unless you like to sell your kidney to pay for the microtransactions on the online version , do "raids" with other online morons and grind for glowing shit, there is nothing to see more here. Best to accept it or you guise are going to become worse than Star Citizen backers.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are you guise still cucking hard for this game? Why? It is a mediocre looter shooter with high production values, each end of the year, AAA shit out one of those, why are you still coping for this thing? Even the drama died down. After the "quality" of this 1.1 patch, you should know what to expect, it is close the curtains and end of the show with some maybe pretty average paid DLC for the single player and unless you like to sell your kidney to pay for the microtransactions on the online version , do "raids" with other online morons and grind for glowing shit, there is nothing to see more here. Best to accept it or you guise are going to become worse than Star Citizen backers.
I can't, I backed Star Citizen too. :yeah:

To my defense, it had collected a total less than 2M dollars when I pledged.

msxyz

Augur
I can't, I backed Star Citizen too. :yeah:
To my defense, it had collected a total less than 2M dollars when I pledged.
Wing Commander 2 was the first game I preordered in my whole life. Another Chris Roberts addict here. :oops:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
CD Projekt: Did you know that this company got 7 million from polish taxpayers money on developing technology enabling the seamless world environment in 2016. Instead they threw this money on promoting LGBT (outside Arab countries), BLM and donated money on the opposition president candidate. They hate the current government but the money didn't smell. Now as they focused on propaganda, instead of making a game and after they released unfinished scam they beg for forgiveness. Why are every liberals like that? It transcends the borders, languages and cultures, they are always like that. The more criminal-minded the more liberal you are. It's very sad.

If the Polish government didn't deconstruct the justice system and wasn't in direct personal control over the persecutors, half of the government would be in jail by now.
If the rest had even a tiniest ounce of honor, they'd resign themselves. Alas.

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In

Pfft, juniors, such an ez fix.
123.jpg

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I had no problem with the boxing matches, but fuck the last one. I planted a weapon in the ring, and then beat the opponent to death with it when the fight started.

racofer

Thread Incliner

Danikas

Arcane
https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/modding-support

Below you will find official tools and resources that will help you modify and create your own experiences in the world of Cyberpunk 2077. Tools will be continuously updated alongside with game patches to ensure compatibility.

Codex needs a "mods will fix it" rating.

It's official: CDPR embraced the Bethesda model of "mods will fix it" :lol::lol::lol:

84apczk234l.png
Did they? Its the same shit they released for Witcher 3 its nothing like creation kit you wont see new quests or areas created with this. All you can hope for is some graphic mods, small bugfixes and maybe some new weapon or armor models. Moders already had to fix shit in Witcher 3 that cdpr was too lazy to fix:

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2117

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/5411

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/4378

Anyway I hope some autist will make lod fixes like this for Cyberpunk because Im sure Dvd project blue wont do this.

4378-1588085591-1468490294.jpeg

4378-1589905986-658823975.jpeg

4378-1583346589-1153682489.jpeg

Last edited:
^Maybe I'm missing something but it seems a lot less than what they released for TW3. WIP I guess.

Last edited:

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
I think this is quite normal. I remember that the Half-Life 2 2003 E3 demo was leaked when their alpha was stolen and you can find it as a working mod on the web now. Basically there wasn't anything there except of what was supposed to be shown...

The butthurt was definitely there but it wasn't amplified this much due to the lack of Youtube and social networks. I recall some magazine pointing out how stolen content is all set-pieces for the demo and very rough level sketches. Plus I think I heard someone talking about this gloating how it's all bullshit. And it grew from there. For example, fully-rendered videos for PS3 reveal back in 2008 (?) had a little more butthurt even though none of the game journos dared to call Sony's bullshit. Nowadays it's a full-on assault on the company in question except from the people it specifically pays off.

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
I've been reading the Cyberpunk 2020 bundle and near the end of the core rulebook there is a cool piece of fiction called Never Fade Away which is copied scene for scene in the ingame mission with the same name, starting from the moment where Johnny and Alt are walking in the back alley with three kidnappers coming near. The sex and quarrel prelude isn't there, though. The fiction is way more readable than the montage that got into the final game and details the events way better. It also gives stats and descriptions for all of the participants. Of note is how Rogue is Johnny's ex-lover (I don't think it was stated in the game) and Alt's perspective. Basically, she transferred herself into the Soulkiller construct using her mad hacking skills after she kidnapped and was just about to download herself back into her own body when the explosion made by her rescuers made her lose the connection to the cyberdeck and she was forced to watch how Johnny disconnects her and walks away grieving. Remember the cryptic phrase by Toshiro "I would advise you not to disturb her" and then Johnny shoots him? Well, he wasn't lying (also it's not in the novel, he just stands there). I'll leave two excerpts here:

ROGUE & SANTIAGO
Rogue hates the Atlantis. But she goes there because the contacts are good, and the pickings easy. Corporates looking for a fast freelance assassination. Medias and 'Runners looking to trade information. Fixers with guns, armor and smuggling jobs. But the place has bad memories. She only comes here because Santiago insists on it.

"You don't let personal caca get in the way of business," he says. A lot he knows. Her back is to the wall of the booth - her mirror shaded eyes scan the room like monitor cameras. What she can't see is covered by her partner, Santiago, from the opposite side of the booth. His burly shoulders bulk the heavy armor jacket - he looks like scowling mountain. He's not her type. But he wants her. Somehow, they've managed to work this out - the way they worked out a combat style; the division of spoils. But he keeps hoping. Stupid Nomad.

Then she finds herself facing what she's dreaded for the last two years; the reason she hates this crummy bar; hates this crummy town. Johnny Silverhand walks into the Atlantis.

He still has the moves, she thinks, as he strides through the big brass doors. Head held high, a cocky light in his pale glass eyes. After all this time, Rogue still can't decide whether she wants him, or just wants to kill him. He looks like he owns the place as he crosses the room towards her; a comment to an old friend here, smiling at a fan there, a narrowed glance at a potential troublemaker; then he's standing in front of her. "Rogue." he says. Like nothing'd ever happened. "I
need your help, Rogue." His voice is urgent, magnetic.

"You can go to hell," she replies levelly. On the other side of the booth, there's a faint sound as Santiago slides one hand over the Mac 10 in his lap.

PARTY HARD

Seiche Harada is second in command of Security for the Arasaka complex at Industrial Park. Seiche is afraid. Since early afternoon, the people have been pouring into the large, grassy park opposite his guard position; at first a trickle, then a stream, then a torrent. He can't figure it out. They don't do things like this in Tokyo.ln Tokyo, people are consistent. They make sense. Here, people are animals. He thinks about calling the City Cops, but that would reflect badly on Arasaka. The world's largest security corporation calling for help? What a loss of face. But there are six thousand people crammed into the tableau in front of him.

Up on the makeshift stage, acting as though invulnerable, struts Johnny Silverhand, working the crowd up. Seiche wants him. He wants him dead. But Silverhand might as well be on Luna as far as Arasaka is concerned. A single gunshot could trigger a riot of unbelievable proportions. Seiche can feel the tension building. So can Johnny. An invisible thread binds them as adversaries, eye to eye over a battlefield of unwitting bodies.

Johnny smiles. He's got them, so far. The crowd is paranoid - they expect to be thrown out at any minute. He's been pumping them for the last hour with chromatic and metal rock, getting them edgy and irritable; in a party mood to scream and shout, kick some tail. The first uniformed bozo who interrupts their party is going to get himself hosed.

Got the chrome in the bloodstream
Got a metal soul,
I'm out looking for action,
Guess I'm on a roll

It's like driving the freeway at two hundred miles per hour. The crowd swells and breathes as the first verse goes down, taking on the cohesiveness of a living thing. The bass player picks up the back beat and the two of them slam into the next turn of the song, dragging the crowd with them.

Got the old mega violence,
When I boost, it's for real,
The capacitors roarin' inside my brain
You know just how I feel

Cold chrome, molten lead
Can't be hurt cuz I'm already dead
Ain't no time as real as realtime
I'm chipping in
Chippin in.

Johnny's eyes scan the perimeter of the park. To one edge, he can see Santiago in position on the rooftop opposite of the Arasaka complex. Deep in the crowd, Thompson and Rogue are poised, ready to make the break. All he has to do is give them the chance; the diversion.

All he has to do is turn around and lead six thousand people right into a wall of weapons.

Chippin in (got my head to the wall)
Chippin In (can ya hear me call)
Chippin In (I'm the man of steel)
Chippin in (Is that how ya feel?)
Well, comon!

The moment freezes, hanging in air like a death. Punching his battered Telecaster guitar over to "remote", Johnny leaps off the stage, pushing his way through the crowd. His voice holds solid over the radio mike; powerful, pleading, entreating, seducing, and the huge crowd turns with him; surges around him, swallows him . It's knifeedge balanced - six thousand people teetering on the edge, chanting, singing. At the perimeter of the park, Arasaka police stand guard nervously, their eyes riveted on the mob. Silverhand starts towards them, and they choke on the decision - twenty guards facing down a wall of humanity, centered on one man whose voice holds them, binds them. An assault rifle comes up, and the crowd, like an irritable dog, notices the small army facing them down. The scene is set; the guards distracted, and on the rooftop, Santiago takes aim ...

Then it goes wrong. One of the faceless guards loses his nerve. The staccatto sound of gunfire splits the air. But Johnny is already gone, faded back into a mob that howls like a wounded thing, then surges forward, shattering like surf against armored bodies, lobby doors, massed vehicles, guns. Screams. Gunfire. The strobe flash of the mob tearing a guard apart with vampire teeth, and ripper claws. The sound of a sniper rifle high above the melee, as Santiago methodically picks out guards and blows them away with his Walther WA-2000 rifle. The lobby doors explode inwards as six thousand bodies slam
against them.

Rogue is already in - in when Santiago took out the pair of guards by the main doors. She's on the floor and rolling, a fast dazzle bomb palmed over the top of the security desk to fry the optics of the monitor team, followed by a frag grenade a second later. The deafening explosion goes unnoticed in the typhoon roar of the mob. Thompson's right behind her, his video rig and FN-FAL sweeping everything in his path. Both wear armor jacks with the colors of the infamous Iron Sights boostergang, a known Arasaka hit group.

Six. Thousand. People. Was more like sixty in the cutscene.

And here are the images and descriptions for the team:
alt.jpg johnny.jpg rogue.jpg santiago.jpg thompson.jpg
Alt has the same pose and general appearance as the girl in the old promo art, BTW.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
And here are the images and descriptions for the team:
The author rated Rogue's body only an 8? While Santiago's is a 10? That's sexist. And gay. Also sad.

Oh wait, Johnny Silverdick is only a 7... his fabled "impressive cock" counts for nothing I guess... :hahano:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom