Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Been playing this the last week, figured with all the patches it should be playable.

The first thing that was really annoying, is that despite all of CDRprojekt's promises there would be no bullet sponge enemies, all the enemies are bullet-sponges, especially on Very Hard. And by bullet-sponges, I mean FUCKING BULLET SPONGES. Some random fucking street trash take 6-7 shots to the head from a revolver before dying. Well, I kept playing, thinking maybe mid-late game it will get better, with higher grade equipment and stats and perks and implants.

Then I ran into fucking bullet dodging enemies. Fuckers with implants that make them literally dodge every single bullet from you, Neo style. What... the... fuck? I can just imagine these retards sitting in Warsaw, sipping on cow's milk, and going, hey you know what would be really fun in a shooter type game? Having the enemies dodge your bullets! Yeah maannn!

I have a pretty low opinion of game developers in general, based on the last 15-20 years, but it really seems they becoming dumber by the minute. It's like they never think about the shit they develop, will this be fun?

So now, I either gotta get some bullshit quickhack ability to disable that bullet dodging bullshit (when I wanted to run a straight gunfighter type character), or uninstall the game.

Oh, and another thing that SUCKS, the fucking endless back and forth backtracking. Riding dumbass elevators up and down for minutes, driving (with the world's worst driving model) for miles, listening to the world's worst radio stations. There is literally not one fucking song on 20 radio stations that sounded good yet, I spend all my time driving just switching the radio station, cause each is more unbearable than the last.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I went for guns on my initial playthrough and hated it. I put the game down for about a year and finally beat it recently using nothing but gorilla arms once they were available. This made the game far more fun. Punching things like turrets and armored drones gave me flashbacks to jump kicking helicopters in Prototype. Needless to say I had a blast this time. It still sucks as an RPG, but it's a pretty fun boxing game.

Perkel

Arcane
Been playing this the last week, figured with all the patches it should be playable.

"some idiotic shit"

Are you retarded ?

This is Cyberpunk. Pretty much all of dudes you shoot have metal in their heads, including you. Second CDPR never said anything about no bullet sponges. In fact Cyberpunk type of game is pretty ideal for bullet sponges as legit mechanic. The dodging teleporting dudes you meet are dues who use khereznikov or other augs you can use too, so they are perfectly ok in game. Moreover you can disable those things in various ways.

It sounds like you wanted to play some call of duty and got cyberpunk instead.

I went for guns on my initial playthrough and hated it. I put the game down for about a year and finally beat it recently using nothing but gorilla arms once they were available. This made the game far more fun. Punching things like turrets and armored drones gave me flashbacks to jump kicking helicopters in Prototype. Needless to say I had a blast this time. It still sucks as an RPG, but it's a pretty fun boxing game.

Game definitely is more fun with more stealthy gameplay that is for sure.

Guns initially are mediacore but as you get perks and shit they start to dominate. I mean there is a reason why CDPR had to patch multiple times games over game balance because people were doing milions of damage with pistols:

somerandomdude

Learned
I played a early version of this game (I pirated the shit, wasn't gonna pay for it), but I don't remember any teleporting dudes? Is that something they added later?

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron

I didn't use stealth at all. I fucking hate stealth. I pumped my body stat every single level until it was maxed and long before I even maxed it I could just walk around letting people unload into me due to high hit points and regen. I was the bullet sponge and it was glorious.

somerandomdude

Learned
There was a couple of missions where you didn't have your guns, so I made good use of my attack helicopter gender with the mantis arms.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I played a early version of this game (I pirated the shit, wasn't gonna pay for it), but I don't remember any teleporting dudes? Is that something they added later?
they were always there i believe, just not on lower difficulties. Same like hackers

Those neo dudes are fun when you wear smart weapon. Honestly they are annoying only if you focus on headshots with pistol.

there are so many stealthy options but in the end... killing with weapon of choice is easier, less hassle so you will just go with that
Same with breach protocol. You load your character with deamons, exclude any damaging quickhacks for some challenge and you quickly find out that you are just not breaching since you dont really save time

somerandomdude

Learned
they were always there i believe, just not on lower difficulties. Same like hackers

Those neo dudes are fun when you wear smart weapon. Honestly they are annoying only if you focus on headshots with pistol.

I ran into hackers. If you get a stealth shot on those teleporting dudes, their teleporting doesn't work, right? If that's the case, it's no wonder I didn't see them, because they all got dropped with 1 stealth head shot.

somerandomdude

Learned
Second CDPR never said anything about no bullet sponges.

Literally 200 articles like the below before game came out:
https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-no-bullet-sponge-enemies/

:deathclaw:

The Neo Bullet dodging thing is retarded, kills off the only interesting gameplay in the game.

Are you trying to stealth head shot these dudes with a suppressed revolver? If they can 6th sense dodge a stealth head shot from a suppressed weapon, then I sorta agree that's broken, but I don't remember having a problem with this, and that's what I did.

Because if you're trying to just run in, guns blazing......well, there's your problem.

Also, the tech pistols were very good for killing stuff behind walls/cover, I used them in situations where the game denied me stealthy options. The ability to take cover to shield yourself from fire while denying the opponent the ability to do the same was a pretty powerful option.

somerandomdude

Learned
Teleporting dudes = the dudes with super reflexes? I'm trying to remember what he's talking about with 'teleporting dudes'? Dudes that could teleport and reappear, I never saw anything like that, but I might have occasionally saw guys who had super reflexes and might dodge a few shots after you aggro them, but very high rate of fire weapons still destroyed them, as did stealth head shots.

Because if you're trying to just run in, guns blazing......well, there's your problem.

And pray tell, why should a combat build be any less viable than a stealth build in an RPG?

There were talking about normal difficulty. Aka for kids journalists and other retarded people.

You picked yourself very hard.

Maybe you should drop it to easy ?

Ah, yes, I should play on retarded difficulty modes because they made bad design decisions. Brilliant.

Teleporting dudes = the dudes with super reflexes? I'm trying to remember what he's talking about with 'teleporting dudes'? Dudes that could teleport and reappear, I never saw anything like that, but I might have occasionally saw guys who had super reflexes and might dodge a few shots after you aggro them, but very high rate of fire weapons still destroyed them, as did stealth head shots.

I wasn't talking about teleporting dudes. The bullet dodgers just move their head/torso slightly right when you shoot them, to dodge the bullets.

Like I said, it's an example. You can fuck up their super reflexes in different ways. If you want to roleplay Dirty Harry and use your plain revolver for everything, then you'll have to find ways to make up for gimping yourself. Or play on easier difficulty. :M

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Then I ran into fucking bullet dodging enemies. Fuckers with implants that make them literally dodge every single bullet from you, Neo style. What... the... fuck? I can just imagine these retards sitting in Warsaw, sipping on cow's milk, and going, hey you know what would be really fun in a shooter type game? Having the enemies dodge your bullets! Yeah maannn!
Nigga if you use Koreznikov like those npcs are using they will move in normal speed. Not to mention you can use ricochet mechanic to hit them as they are not able to dodge them. You can also use disable cyberware/ reboot optics/ criple movement quickhack or throw a flashbang to stop them doing that. You can also use stealth to avoid combat with them entirely etc.

Last edited:

somerandomdude

Learned

And pray tell, why should a combat build be any less viable than a stealth build in an RPG?

There were talking about normal difficulty. Aka for kids journalists and other retarded people.

You picked yourself very hard.

Maybe you should drop it to easy ?

Ah, yes, I should play on retarded difficulty modes because they made bad design decisions. Brilliant.

I wasn't talking about teleporting dudes. The bullet dodgers just move their head/torso slightly right when you shoot them, to dodge the bullets.

Dude, why are you struggling soo hard with this game? People have told you what works, and I personally never had a problem dealing with these dudes. If you're trying to run in guns blazing with a revolver saying "come at me bros" and getting #rekt, just one time of getting your ass handed to you should have taught you that won't work on very hard. Use the options the game actually gives you, it's not a difficult concept. If you just want to run in guns blazing with a revolver, then normal mode is calling.

Retard brigade comes out to defend shit game mechanics...

Porky: This mechanic SUCKS ass because of this, this and this...
Retard brigade: Why do you find the game so hard, you need to git gud!
Porky: Uh, I am currently beating it on hardest difficulty setting... The issue is not the difficulty, it's the shit mechanics, because of ...
Retard brigade: You need to git gud, bro, trust me...
Porky: I am beating this game on Very hard, you are playing it on Story Mode with a youtube guide in front of you...
Retard brigade: Yes, git gud, <puts pacifier back in mouth>
Porky: <shrugs and goes back to completing game #40,034 on hardest difficulty setting...>

Doktor Best

Arcane
"So im playing this rpg running around throwing fireballs at everything, then game puts these DRAGONS against me! Guess what they are to immune to fire! Only fun thing in game was throwing fireballs! Can you imagine how stupid are gamedevs they make you adapt your strategies! In an RPG! Can you believe it?!?"

Modron

Arcane
"So im playing this rpg running around throwing fireballs at everything, then game puts these DRAGONS against me! Guess what they are to immune to fire! Only fun thing in game was throwing fireballs! Can you imagine how stupid are gamedevs they make you adapt your strategies! In an RPG! Can you believe it?!?"
Have you not heard the lamentations of harm tards playing Arcanum wailing and gnashing their teeth when they get to BMC mines?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

Porky: This mechanic SUCKS ass because of this, this and this...
Retard brigade: Why do you find the game so hard, you need to git gud!
Porky: Uh, I am currently beating it on hardest difficulty setting... The issue is not the difficulty, it's the shit mechanics, because of ...
Retard brigade: You need to git gud, bro, trust me...
Porky: I am beating this game on Very hard, you are playing it on Story Mode with a youtube guide in front of you...
Retard brigade: Yes, git gud, <puts pacifier back in mouth>
Porky: <shrugs and goes back to completing game #40,034 on hardest difficulty setting...>
Yeah, here it's basically just one or two guys. IIRC, the same one or two guys who defend that autistic Skyrim mod 'Requiem' with the same spiel.
>hey, uh, isn't this pointlessly grindy?
>no, git gud
>but all weapons are super weak now except arrows which oneshot everything.
>no, it's realistic because arrows are super lethal. git gud.
>*uninstalls*
Life is too short to deal with these spergs.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Are you speccing at all into Cold Blood? That's the big damage source for almost every build. It's pretty autistic of you to expect perfect balance on the highest difficulty, when no game currently exists that allows every possible build to shine equally on it's respective highest difficulty. Your current experience with the game is actually good from a role-playing perspective, because that is precisely how I imagine a revolver normie to feel in a world full of cybernetics and hacking.

Porky:

unknown.png

Last edited:
There's not much to discuss, you're just being stubborn because you have a specific character concept in mind and changing your approach for certain enemies (or using the difficulty slider so you don't have to) feels like admitting defeat. Your complaint would have more merit if the game kept cockblocking any attempts to fight them because it really wants you to use stealth or diplomacy. Instead you're acting like a games journalist and arguing that going in guns blazing at all times is a "combat build" so it should be "viable".

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom