Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Retard brigade comes out to defend shit game mechanics...

Porky: This mechanic SUCKS ass because of this, this and this...
Retard brigade: Why do you find the game so hard, you need to git gud!
Porky: Uh, I am currently beating it on hardest difficulty setting... The issue is not the difficulty, it's the shit mechanics, because of ...
Retard brigade: You need to git gud, bro, trust me...
Porky: I am beating this game on Very hard, you are playing it on Story Mode with a youtube guide in front of you...
Retard brigade: Yes, git gud, <puts pacifier back in mouth>
Porky: <shrugs and goes back to completing game #40,034 on hardest difficulty setting...>
Nigga this is me dealing with those "OP" enemies. Played on very hard I forgot you can also set them on fire to stop them going full NEO.

You can keep crying or learn to play.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
speaking of combat in C77. IT seems like i was wrong about perks.

I used to think that all those +% were additive because that is usually how stuff is done. But it turns out that most of them are multiplicative. So first perks that had like +5% to damage that seemed to be very weak turns out to be pretty strong. They are pretty weak at start but as you gain more and more multiplicative +% it becomes stronger and stronger. Same with stuff like Cold Blood and its crit boosts. I never invested in it because it seemed very weak with its 3% and with just 3 stacks at start.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Porky: Uh, I am currently beating it on hardest difficulty setting... The issue is not the difficulty, it's the shit mechanics, because of ...
Are you speccing at all into Cold Blood? That's the big damage source for almost every build. It's pretty autistic of you to expect perfect balance on the highest difficulty, when no game currently exists that allows every possible build to shine equally on it's respective highest difficulty. Your current experience with the game is actually good from a role-playing perspective, because that is precisely how I imagine a revolver normie to feel in a world full of cybernetics and hacking.

Porky:

unknown.png
The funny thing is you can make revolver build do this.

The problem with morons is that you cannot really have a conversation with them. As the saying goes, they will always drag you down to their stupidity level, and then beat you with experience.

Any discussion of game mechanics inevitably turns to "git gud son", because when your IQ is measured in double digits, that's the only level you can comprehend.

It is irrelevant that I have completed more games on their hardest difficulty levels than all of these morons combined, because their one track minds will still grasp to the comfortable saying the steady repetition of which over years and decades has formed a nice and comfortable groove in their tiny brains. It is also irrelevant that my complaint was never about the difficulty of these features of CP2077, but rather their bad design, these morons cannot get the distinction.

So given that, I bid all of you (with a few sane exceptions) adieu, until the next time I shit all over your favorite game. Porkster out.

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
The problem with morons is that you cannot really have a conversation with them. As the saying goes, they will always drag you down to their stupidity level, and then beat you with experience.

Any discussion of game mechanics inevitably turns to "git gud son", because when your IQ is measured in double digits, that's the only level you can comprehend.

It is irrelevant that I have completed more games on their hardest difficulty levels than all of these morons combined, because their one track minds will still grasp to the comfortable saying the steady repetition of which over years and decades has formed a nice and comfortable groove in their tiny brains. It is also irrelevant that my complaint was never about the difficulty of these features of CP2077, but rather their bad design, these morons cannot get the distinction.

So given that, I bid all of you (with a few sane exceptions) adieu, until the next time I shit all over your favorite game. Porkster out.
As a high IQ individual, do you find the pattern where you are told to "get good" in every single thread you participate in, might hold the answer to the problem you find yourself facing in every single thread you participate in?

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Has this always been there? I don't remember ever doing a quest here or noticing this from a distance before.

cyberpunk_big_wheel.png

cyberpunk_big_wheel_large.png

Underneath it there is this dude straight chillin:

dude_under_wheel_straight_chillin.png

Across from it is a heli crashed into a roof

crashed_heli_accross_of_big_wheel.png

What is the Night City gubmint trying to cover up here?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

skradacz

Novice
And pray tell, why should a combat build be any less viable than a stealth build in an RPG?
Sure, but those are all BORING. Oohh smart gun, shoot, dont even have to aim... So you take an aRPG, and remove the only player-skill based mechanic.
Do you also get butthurt when playing rock paper scissors? Waaaaa why am I losing to rock Waaaaaaaaaa scissors only build should be viable Waaaaaa

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I see you're not using the Burya revolver. Why?
Used it on first playthrough now checking out other weapons. DR12 QUASAR for example is pretty great 20 bullets in clip and when charged it fires full auto and since it's a tech weapon it punches through walls.
good on paper, in practice lizzie was out performing it

Not sure if it's still the case, but Lizzie used to be the best weapon in the game IIRC.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

I see you're not using the Burya revolver. Why?
Used it on first playthrough now checking out other weapons. DR12 QUASAR for example is pretty great 20 bullets in clip and when charged it fires full auto and since it's a tech weapon it punches through walls.
good on paper, in practice lizzie was out performing it

Not sure if it's still the case, but Lizzie used to be the best weapon in the game IIRC.
now it is allowed legendary upgrade so its likely even better

Wesp5

Arcane

Oh, I don't think I ever found it, but there are so many cool weapons for so many different styles! I used a sniper rifle to kill everybody visible from far away with head shots unless it was a stealth mission in which case I used a silenced pistol to do the same. If I got discovered I would use Skippy to do the rest :)!

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
speaking of skippy, i think smart pistols might have highest crit chance? As such it would be sound choice for that hacking hybrid utilizing legendary emp quickhack autocast

typical user

Arbiter
The ultimate test of your build is fighting off MaxTac.

The most ridiculous build is Satori (Saburo unique katana) + Sandevistan, just spec into heavy attack and hp regen and grab correct Sandevistan (there is the one which has 10 sec duration and 12 sec cooldown which starts when you use it, meaning 2 sec before being able to activate it again). Just run around and slice and dice those cheater mooks until you get bored, then you can run around the block. There is no counter play, the most OP enemies who are scripted to take 50% of your max health with each shot can't kill you if you are faster than those bullets and can OHK entire squad. At least with 1.4 they fixed spawns, on 1.3 and lower the game would just give up after killing 2 strike teams and clear your bounty.

For guns just use revolers, single-shot tech rifles or full auto weapons: Widowmaker, Moron Labe, Fenrir, Crash, Archangel or Psalm 16.2. Don't bother with smart guns or tech weapons (except Achilles). Lizzie's got nerfed and you can't any longer mod it to have zero vertical recoil, smart-guided bullets do not work on half the enemies (they dodge 80% of damage), and most tech guns just fire in burst without wallhacks.

Hacking is disabled vs police, but you can go 20 INT 20 RLX and 20 TEC/COL and be jack of all trades murder-hobo killing machine who can instagib in stealth or open combat or format C:\ everyone's head through walls.

CDP first has to fix completely dog-shit weapons like Carnage, sniper rifles, SQR-22, non-revolver single-shot pistols, even Johnny's Malorian Arms gun cause it is trash with 0% crit chance and is outclassed by literally anything with crit stats.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Hacking is disabled vs police, but you can go 20 INT 20 RLX and 20 TEC/COL and be jack of all trades murder-hobo killing machine who can instagib in stealth or open combat or format C:\ everyone's head through walls.
But doesent Sandevistan mod take your cyberdeck slot? Last time I played you either pick Sandevistan or hacking. Koreznikov (activated with dodging and aiming down sights with much shorter duration than sandevistan) is the slow mo mod you can use with cyberdeck.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

CDP first has to fix completely dog-shit weapons like (...), sniper rifles,

From what I remember, Sniper Rifles were rather fun when there was long distance involved. Shame you couldn't silence them, though.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

From what I remember, Sniper Rifles were rather fun when there was long distance involved. Shame you couldn't silence them, though.

But some of them could fire through buildings, so you could be like across the street and blast someone through a brick wall. :lol:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

But some of them could fire through buildings, so you could be like across the street and blast someone through a brick wall. :lol:

Eh, the guilty pleasure of killing enemies trough 5 walls and 2 floors worth of concrete...

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Animu is incoming
392460659.jpg

FUs-apUXoAEEnFF

Ain't anime connosieur but this looks better than latest abomination under "Ghost in the Shell" name.
Not sure if even worth separate thread

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom