Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Have to agree with Kjaska
Netchix's Devilman Crybaby adaptation was pretty good (one of the better anime to come out in recent years)
And it's ost was kino

Also they produced JJBA Part 6 and will probably do Steel Ball Run, so... yeah.

Strig

Learned
Have to agree with Kjaska
Netchix's Devilman Crybaby adaptation was pretty good (one of the better anime to come out in recent years)
And it's ost was kino

Also they produced JJBA Part 6 and will probably do Steel Ball Run, so... yeah.

Devilman Crybaby, barring the music, was absolute trash. The strory is rather nonsensical to begin with but I'll take the manga and the older adaptations over this dreck any day. Just look at this absolute K I N O:

E4degxS.png

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
it's an artistic choice that shines in motion

(select japanese in the options, I think eng-dub is selected by default)

this style allows for much more expressive body language, fluid motion and more interesting direction. Contrast it to the OVA from 87

The character design is more realistic but you can immediately see the difference in the intensity of the scene. It's drawn out, lots of stills, the action feels like all the participants are either glued to the floor or can only move in certain directions (like a chess piece).

Now I'm a fan of the 80s aesthetic as much as the next man, but you should be allowed to experiment with art styles, especially if the result is something as great as Devilman Crybaby.

And last but not least: Strig you are a nigger with no taste. Go back to watching Naruto.

Last edited:

Strig

Learned
Yes, sloppy art is much easier to animate and I frankly don't care if it was a choice. It still looks atrocious. It's inconsistent and gives the impression that the creators were incontinent just letting out whatever. Simplifying models for action scenes is one thing, the image I provided is from a dialogue scene and it all looks like random doodles (also what's up with that absolute dogshit framing, for fuck's sake). Comparing the two examples you provided — the new one has a lot of stills, sometimes it's just a panning camera over a shot with "particles" overlayed, most of the animation is done in silhouette. Seriously, there's nothing that impressive here. The classic is a bit more stiff, I'll grant you that, but it's also a lot more visceral and weighty not to mention it has actual detail. The animation is not the only problem, the way the story was told in Crybaby was absolutely moronic, even when compared to the previous incarnations which weren't exactly high art.

Stop projecting, apparently you're the resident retarded running cycles appreciator because with its shitty style and baffling animation choices this dung heap is closer to Naruto than anything I'd ever watch.

63a054e8af0e51044a73ad270f3924ec.gif

Last edited:

orcinator

Liturgist
Cool flying car that recreates things you could do with glitches since the game came out.
But did someone make an de-RPGfication mod like the one witcher has yet?

No I don't care about maxing out my DPS in a game where level scaling already removes all the difficulty.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Hanako hands down. Panam has a nice ass, but horrible personality and she never shuts up. She is only suitable for hate-fucking.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Cool flying car that recreates things you could do with glitches since the game came out.
But did someone make an de-RPGfication mod like the one witcher has yet?

No I don't care about maxing out my DPS in a game where level scaling already removes all the difficulty.
Because when you ask someone: "What's so fun about playing CP2077?" they all answer: "Driving around the streets". Nobody tells you: "I play it for the combat".

The game is all about driving around and making screenshots. Just look what the mods on the Nexus for CP2077 are all about and you know it's true.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Driving around is relaxing, but combat is fun for what it is. Especially as a melee character. If you're looking for tactical depth play XCOM or some shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom